Wednesday is a popular getaway day in Major League Baseball, and nine of today's 15 games are played in the afternoon window, giving bettors plenty of opportunities for early action. Read on for our top MLB prop picks and best bets for Wednesday based on the best MLB odds.
MLB betting can be very profitable in the last month of the season, especially as there becomes a clear divide between contenders and those teams out of the playoff hunt whose priority is to get a look at younger players.
There has not been a bigger post-trade deadline firesale than what we're seeing with the Los Angeles Angels, who put Lucas Giolito, Hunter Renfroe, Randal Grichuk, and other players on waivers. How will that affect them, and the teams that claim those players, going forward?
Here are our top MLB prop picks and best bets for Wednesday (odds via our best MLB betting sites; pick confidence based on a 1-to-5-star scale).
Check out our World Series odds.
Wednesday’s MLB schedule and odds
(Odds via DraftKings)
- Los Angeles Angels (+145) vs. Philadelphia Phillies (-175)
- Chicago White Sox (+150) vs. Baltimore Orioles (-180)
- Cleveland Guardians (+140) vs. Minnesota Twins (-166)
- San Diego Padres (-105) vs. St. Louis Cardinals (-115)
- Milwaukee Brewers (-112) vs. Chicago Cubs (-108)
- Washington Nationals (+195) vs. Toronto Blue Jays (-238)
- Cincinnati Reds (+140) vs. San Francisco Giants (-166)
- Houston Astros (-135) vs. Boston Red Sox (+114)
- Oakland Athletics (+235) vs. Seattle Mariners (-290)
- Texas Rangers (-122) vs. New York Mets (+102)
- New York Yankees (-205) vs. Detroit Tigers (+170)
- Tampa Bay Rays (-122) vs. Miami Marlins (+102)
- Pittsburgh Pirates (-110) vs. Kansas City Royals (-110)
- Atlanta Braves (-250) vs. Colorado Rockies (+205)
- Arizona Diamondbacks (+130) vs. Los Angeles Dodgers (-155)
Editor's note: Legal sports betting is coming soon to Kentucky – but you can pre-register now! Check out the best sites for Kentucky sports betting and the best Kentucky sportsbook promos! 21+ and present in KY. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER.
Wednesday’s MLB best bets
- Player prop: Logan Webb to record a win (+190 via bet365) vs. Reds ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Player prop: Juan Soto Over 0.5 RBIs (+165 via bet365) vs. Cardinals ⭐⭐⭐
- Player prop: Adam Duvall Over 1.5 total bases (-115 via FanDuel) vs. Astros ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Moneyline: Brewers ML vs. Cubs (-112 via DraftKings) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Not intended for use in MA
Affiliate Disclosure: Sportsbook Review may receive advertising commissions for visits to a sportsbook
Visit our Google News page and click "Follow" (⭐) for the latest odds, picks and news!
Wednesday’s MLB prop picks
Player prop: Logan Webb to record a win vs. Reds (+190 via bet365) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
The Cincinnati Reds' offense took a gut punch with the news that Matt McClain was headed to the IL, as the NL Rookie of the Year candidate was batting .290 with 16 home runs and 50 RBIs in just 89 games. Now the Reds face a pitcher in San Francisco Giants righty Logan Webb, who figures to earn some Cy Young votes.
Webb has been one of San Francisco's only consistent starting pitchers this season, and his 2.48 ERA and 0.98 WHIP in home starts rank fourth and ninth in the majors, respectively.
We can't fault Webb for his last two starts, as both came against the mighty Atlanta Braves (nine earned runs in 11 1/3 combined innings). But before that, the Giants had won Webb's last three starts, two of which came against teams over .500. Webb does not issue free passes, allowing one or fewer walks in nine consecutive starts and ranking in the 97th percentile in walk rate. That should be challenging to overcome for a Reds lineup that ranks 26th in on-base percentage over the last 14 days.
Webb’s +190 odds (he is as low as +162 at Caesars) are lower than his counterpart, Hunter Greene’s +175 odds to record the win, so we feel we are getting great value at bet365.
Player prop: Juan Soto Over RBIs vs. Cardinals (+165 via bet365) ⭐⭐⭐
The San Diego Padres are in a virtual coin-flip game (-105 odds) in this series finale with lefty Rich Hill on the mound despite the team going 0-4 in his four appearances and losing by a combined 21-6. Oddsmakers must think San Diego is due to put up runs against St. Louis Cardinals starter Miles Mikolas, and rightfully so, as Mikolas is winless in his last seven starts while pitching to a 6.38 ERA.
Juan Soto has a 1.000 OPS in 14 career at-bats against Mikolas, with two of his five hits going for extra bases (including one home run).
This is a three-star play, as Mikolas' ERA is nearly 1.5 runs higher after the All-Star Break than before, and Soto has an RBI in just two of his last 15 games, which means positive regression should be looming.
The next closest odds to bet365’s +165 is DraftKings at +155, while Soto’s odds to drive in a run are as low as +133 at Caesars.
Player prop: Adam Duvall Over 1.5 total bases vs. Astros (-115 via FanDuel) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Boston Red Sox outfielder Adam Duvall has a hit in 11 of his last 12 games and enters the day on a nine-game hitting streak. Duvall leads all Red Sox hitters during the streak with a 1.194 slugging percentage, .722 ISO, and 1.707 OPS. In addition, he has made the most of his opportunities with a .476 BABIP compared to a .472 average.
Duvall faces Houston Astros southpaw Framber Valdez, who has allowed a 5.33 ERA in eight second-half starts, as his 20.5% HR/FB is the worst among the team's starters in that span, while his 5.13 FIP is second-worst.
The best price for Duvall’s Over total bases prop is at FanDuel, as his next-closest odds range from -130 at bet365 to -146 at Caesars. If one thought Duvall was more likely to cash this Over with two or more hits instead of just one extra-base hit, FanDuel’s +210 odds for him to record two-plus hits look enticing.
Moneyline: Brewers ML vs. Cubs (-112 via DraftKings) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
The Milwaukee Brewers had a nine-game winning streak snapped Tuesday, and it took a shutout to do so, as they let up just one run in the process.
Chicago Cubs righty Kyle Hendricks has good career numbers against Milwaukee, with a .211/.276/.376 slash line allowed in 114 combined at-bats to current Brewers hitters. However, Brandon Woodruff's numbers against the opposition are just as good, with a .221/.282/.423 slash line in 104 combined at-bats to current Cubs hitters.
We trust Woodruff more, as he has allowed two or fewer earned runs in five of his first six starts of the season. In addition, the Cubs are overvalued despite going 10-1-1 in their last 12 series, as just two of those series wins have come against winning teams.
DraftKings and FanDuel are the only shops where one can back the Brewers at lower than -115 odds.
MLB best bets made 8/30/2023 at 7:18 a.m. ET.
MLB betting odds pages
Here are our best MLB betting sites:
- Caesars Promo Code: SBRBONUS1000 | Read our Caesars Review
- BetMGM Bonus Code: SBRBONUS | Read our BetMGM Review
- bet365 Bonus Code: SBRBONUS | Read our bet365 Review
- BetRivers Promo Code: SBRBONUS | Read our BetRivers Review
- FanDuel Promo Code | Read our FanDuel Review
- DraftKings Promo Code | Read our DraftKings Review
(21+. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER)
* Bonuses not applicable in Ontario.