Seven Major League Baseball teams vie for sweeps today, and many of those squads are in the thick of division and wild-card races. Read on for our top MLB prop picks and best bets for Sunday based on the top MLB odds from our best sports betting apps.
One team vying for a sweep today is the Baltimore Orioles, and they boast the longest active winning streak (seven games) in MLB. Baltimore's victory on Saturday was historic, as the club became the first team since 1981 to record a victory after allowing 23-plus hits, according to MLB insider Sarah Langs. What will the Orioles do for an encore at Fenway Park on Sunday?
Check out our World Series odds.
Sunday’s MLB schedule and odds
(odds via DraftKings)
- Miami Marlins (OFF) vs. Philadelphia Phillies
- Seattle Mariners (+114) vs. Tampa Bay Rays (-135)
- Chicago White Sox (+110) vs. Detroit Tigers (-130)
- Milwaukee Brewers (+105) vs. New York Yankees (-125)
- Baltimore Orioles (-105) vs. Boston Red Sox (-115)
- Los Angeles Dodgers (OFF) vs. Washington Nationals
- Pittsburgh Pirates (OFF) vs. Atlanta Braves
- Kansas City Royals (+164) vs. Toronto Blue Jays (-198)
- St. Louis Cardinals (-110) vs. Cincinnati Reds (-110)
- San Diego Padres (OFF) vs. Houston Astros
- New York Mets (+164) vs. Minnesota Twins (-198)
- Arizona Diamondbacks (+114) vs. Chicago Cubs (-135)
- Oakland Athletics (+200) vs. Texas Rangers (-245)
- Cleveland Guardians (-180) vs. Los Angeles Angels (+150)
- Colorado Rockies (OFF) vs. San Francisco Giants
Editor's note: Legal sports betting is coming soon to Kentucky – but you can pre-register now! Check out the best sites for Kentucky sports betting and the best Kentucky sportsbook promos! 21+ and present in KY. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER.
Sunday’s MLB best bets
- Player Prop: Corbin Burnes Over 7.5 strikeouts (+102 via FanDuel) vs. Yankees ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Player Prop: Nolan Gorman Over 0.5 RBIs (+195 via bet365) vs. Reds ⭐⭐⭐
- Player Prop: Tommy Pham Over 0.5 runs scored (+125 via DraftKings, bet365) vs. Cubs ⭐⭐⭐
- Moneyline: Tigers vs. White Sox (-124 via BetRivers) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Not intended for use in MA
Affiliate Disclosure: Sportsbook Review may receive advertising commissions for visits to a sportsbook
Visit our Google News page and click "Follow" (⭐) for the latest odds, picks and news!
Sunday’s MLB prop picks
Player prop: Corbin Burnes Over 7.5 strikeouts vs. Yankees (+102 via FanDuel) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Milwaukee Brewers righty Corbin Burnes is winless in his last eight starts, but we expect him to perform well on the big stage at Yankee Stadium. He's pitched to a 4.12 ERA in his previous seven outings, but Burnes has notched four quality starts in that span while still managing to record five-plus strikeouts in every appearance, even when he didn't have his best stuff.
The Yankees rank in the bottom half of the league in strikeout rate against right-handed pitching at home (22.0%), which has risen to 23.7% and a bottom-12 ranking since the start of August. New York trots out four regular starters with a strikeout rate of 35% or higher in that split, and Burnes is still generating a whiff percentage of 30.8% or higher on two of his three primary pitches, even though his strikeout rate is on pace to be his worst since 2018 (25%).
Player prop: Nolan Gorman Over 0.5 RBIs vs. Reds (+195 via bet365) ⭐⭐⭐
Cincinnati Reds righty Hunter Greene made three starts after a two-month layoff with a hip injury. The rust showed, as he's pitching to a 9.75 ERA and 2.25 WHIP during that span. But he hasn't allowed a long ball in his last nine innings after giving up five home runs in his first start back.
But he's still been struggling with his command while allowing six walks during that stretch, which means plenty of St. Louis Cardinals hitters should be on base today.
Nolan Gorman has logged one hit over nine career at-bats against Greene, but it was a home run. Gorman has recorded multi-hit games in three out of his last five outings, and eight RBIs in his previous six games. This is a three-star play, as Gorman has posted an impressive 1.000 OPS over the last week, and left-handed hitters have done a great job elevating off Greene, who's posted a poor 0.36 GO/AO ratio in that split.
With Caesars offering as low as +168 odds for Gorman to drive in a run, bet365 presents great value.
Player prop: Tommy Pham Over 0.5 runs scored vs. Cubs (+125 via DraftKings, bet365) ⭐⭐⭐
We love the momentum that the Arizona Diamondbacks come into the finale of this four-game series with. They've won an NL-best four straight games, and completing the sweep on Sunday would pull them even with the Chicago Cubs for the second NL wild-card spot. Thus, we're riding that momentum and taking Tommy Pham to score a run, especially given his solid career numbers against Cubs righty Kyle Hendricks.
Pham has slashed .318/.348/.591 over 22 career at-bats against Hendricks while belting two home runs. He's scored a run in two of the last four games and has posted a solid .829 OPS over the previous seven days. That follows an August when he raised his OPS by 28 points from July.
This is a three-star play, as Pham ranks in the 86th percentile in xSLG and the 92nd percentile or better in xBA, hard-hit percentage, and average exit velocity. We trust that his teammates will protect him in the lineup, as Hendricks’ ERA at Wrigley Field is 1.64 runs higher than on the road.
Moneyline: Tigers vs. White Sox (-124 via BetRivers) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Early to mid-September is a popular time for call-ups, especially among teams out of playoff contention. This wager is all about our excitement for Detroit Tigers prospect Sawyer Gipson-Long in his MLB debut, especially when facing a division rival in the Chicago White Sox. The Tigers boast the second-best division record of any AL team (29-16).
Gipson-Long has thrown 99 2/3 innings in the minor leagues during 2023 while striking out 126 batters and setting a new career high with 10.52 strikeouts per nine innings. Chicago will oblige his strikeout potential, as the Cubs have struck out at a bottom 10 rate all season.
Chicago’s Jesse Scholtens has made seven starts since Aug. 1 after a lengthy role in the bullpen, and he hasn't capitalized on the opportunity for more innings, pitching to a 5.50 ERA and 1.44 WHIP. Scholtens doesn't possess good swing-and-miss stuff (14th percentile or worse in whiff percentage and strikeout rate), and just about the only thing Detroit does well offensively is hit for average in home games, ranking sixth in the majors in BABIP at home against right-handed pitching.
BetRivers is the only shop where one can back the Tigers at lower than -130 odds.
MLB best bets made 9/10/2023 at 6:21 a.m. ET.
MLB betting odds pages
Here are our best MLB betting sites:
- Caesars Promo Code: SBRBONUS1000 | Read our Caesars Review
- BetMGM Bonus Code: SBRBONUS | Read our BetMGM Review
- bet365 Bonus Code: SBRBONUS | Read our bet365 Review
- BetRivers Promo Code: SBRBONUS | Read our BetRivers Review
- FanDuel Promo Code | Read our FanDuel Review
- DraftKings Promo Code | Read our DraftKings Review
(21+. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER)
* Bonuses not applicable in Ontario.