1. #1
    Brewcity
    Brewcity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-04-18
    Posts: 103
    Betpoints: 330

    Bet any sports payout

    Anybody looking to switch to bet any sports from 5dimes heres my review for those wondering....

    Anybody who has gotten a btc payout from 5dimes knows how annoying all the steps are...submit request, respond to email, do phone verification...etc.

    So i am btc exclusive at bas as I very quickly deposited multiple times and lost it all. Over the last just under a week I got my account up past $8000. Sunday night at about 9pm central I submitted payout request for btc payout for $7850. You don't do it in there cashier, all you do is email them your account number, pin, amount, and wallet address. You do have to respond to the email verification when they email you to confirm payout details. But pretty simple stuff!

    I called them this morning to do phone verification to get ahead of the game so I didn't miss there call. Guy told me that he knows 5dimes did the phone verification thing but that they don't do that as it is an unnecessary step. I said yes it was kind of a pointless step and I'm glad you guys don't do it! I was informed payout would take 24 to 48 hours.

    I will keep you guys posted how long it actually takes for payout. But its nice that you don't gotta do the phone verification bs.

  2. #2
    vanzack
    vanzack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-16-06
    Posts: 441
    Betpoints: 168

    Please update. Lots of folks are curious to hear.

    Entering a BTC address in to an email and sending seems very manual and has the potential to have issues. That part is sketchy.

  3. #3
    icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-09-18
    Posts: 2,358
    Betpoints: 1414

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack View Post
    Please update. Lots of folks are curious to hear.

    Entering a BTC address in to an email and sending seems very manual and has the potential to have issues. That part is sketchy.
    posting a bitcoin address or including it in an email isn't sketchy at all.

    The only things that can happen are:

    1) the address and its transactions can be tracked - which can be worked around by using a mixer
    2) the address can have bitcoin sent to it.

  4. #4
    GradyFuson
    GradyFuson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-03-17
    Posts: 205
    Betpoints: 3458

    Good news!

    I don't think emailing the BTC address is sketchy at all, if there is a mistake made there is evidence of your address in your email.

  5. #5
    thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-09-08
    Posts: 2,982
    Betpoints: 11044

    24 to 48 hours is still a long delay. Hope things workout and it goes through

  6. #6
    PD77
    You know your stripper from your paint
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-11-09
    Posts: 1,740
    Betpoints: 34

    So you’re saying BAS doesn’t use the bullshit device based authentication (DBA) that 5dimes used? At least they improved one thing. So what do they use for security ,besides email, for withdrawals? Hopefully something.

    Make no mistake, BAS is a clone of 5Dimes, the fact that support, at one time, could transfer wagers from 5D to BAS should tell you everything you need to know. BAS deserves an at best C rating, proceed with caution. No way they are A- , related to or unrelated to 5Dimes.

  7. #7
    icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-09-18
    Posts: 2,358
    Betpoints: 1414

    Quote Originally Posted by thespeculator View Post
    24 to 48 hours is still a long delay. Hope things workout and it goes through
    Long waits for a bitcoin payout is anything over 8 hours IMO. Having to sweat the price fluctuations while waiting for a btc payout can be stressful and frustrating.
    I always expect the book to err on their side when a btc price change affects the payout.

    The good news is that the better books like CRIS/Bookmaker/BOL process bitcoin withdrawals extremely quickly. CRIS has processed my btc payouts in 15 minutes even overnight and on a weekend.

  8. #8
    Brewcity
    Brewcity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-04-18
    Posts: 103
    Betpoints: 330

    Quote Originally Posted by PD77 View Post
    So you’re saying BAS doesn’t use the bullshit device based authentication (DBA) that 5dimes used? At least they improved one thing. So what do they use for security ,besides email, for withdrawals? Hopefully something.

    Make no mistake, BAS is a clone of 5Dimes, the fact that support, at one time, could transfer wagers from 5D to BAS should tell you everything you need to know. BAS deserves an at best C rating, proceed with caution. No way they are A- , related to or unrelated to 5Dimes.
    They still have the DBA, but thats just for logging in and out if for some reason you login in an unknown browser or ip address.

    I will keep everyone posted on how everything goes

  9. #9
    TheGuesser
    TheGuesser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 2,604
    Betpoints: 24351

    If you were one of the early ones who got transferred to BAS from 5Dimes, be aware you must do a 1X R/O before you can withdraw.

  10. #10
    themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-01-13
    Posts: 2,986
    Betpoints: 8600

    2 days way too long for a payout nowadays This isn't 2001.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DoucheBagWhoBets

  11. #11
    thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-09-08
    Posts: 2,982
    Betpoints: 11044

    Quote Originally Posted by icon View Post
    Long waits for a bitcoin payout is anything over 8 hours IMO. Having to sweat the price fluctuations while waiting for a btc payout can be stressful and frustrating.
    I always expect the book to err on their side when a btc price change affects the payout.

    The good news is that the better books like CRIS/Bookmaker/BOL process bitcoin withdrawals extremely quickly. CRIS has processed my btc payouts in 15 minutes even overnight and on a weekend.
    true many books better for payout speed. They don't have the options and variety of bets. I use a brokerage that pays in 15 minutes (odys88) but it is an exchange

  12. #12
    PD77
    You know your stripper from your paint
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-11-09
    Posts: 1,740
    Betpoints: 34

    Quote Originally Posted by Brewcity View Post
    They still have the DBA, but thats just for logging in and out if for some reason you login in an unknown browser or ip address.

    I will keep everyone posted on how everything goes
    Interesting, I guess I always associated DBA with the phone verification because I knew if I got the DBA I would have phone verification in order to withdraw. Thanks for posting. It won’t help BAS in my eyes because we all know it’s the old 5Dimes underneath, minus the once good reputation.

    congrats on the win , btw.

  13. #13
    hank_kingsley
    hank_kingsley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-08-20
    Posts: 47
    Betpoints: 338

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGuesser View Post
    If you were one of the early ones who got transferred to BAS from 5Dimes, be aware you must do a 1X R/O before you can withdraw.
    You mean for balance transferred right? I can't imagine they would require r/o for money that was won on transferred futures.

  14. #14
    Brewcity
    Brewcity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-04-18
    Posts: 103
    Betpoints: 330

    Quote Originally Posted by PD77 View Post
    Interesting, I guess I always associated DBA with the phone verification because I knew if I got the DBA I would have phone verification in order to withdraw. Thanks for posting. It won’t help BAS in my eyes because we all know it’s the old 5Dimes underneath, minus the once good reputation.

    congrats on the win , btw.
    Thanks! I totally agree its a glorified 5dimes without the reputation. I've played at 5dimes forever and Ive always liked it so when I saw that this is legit the same thing (weather it is or is not owned by 5d, I know supposedly its not, but I have my doubts), I had to try them out.

    As for some people saying 24 to 48 hrs being too long for a btc payout...i don't disagree with you, it shouldn't take that long for btc. But I'm not in dire need of money, its not life or death. So I can deal with waiting a couple days if I love everything else about the book...betting options, the sh it ton of live betting platforms, open parlays...etc!

  15. #15
    Brewcity
    Brewcity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-04-18
    Posts: 103
    Betpoints: 330

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGuesser View Post
    If you were one of the early ones who got transferred to BAS from 5Dimes, be aware you must do a 1X R/O before you can withdraw.
    I was unable to get transferred over here. I was too late. I just created an account last week

  16. #16
    TheGuesser
    TheGuesser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 2,604
    Betpoints: 24351

    Quote Originally Posted by hank_kingsley View Post
    You mean for balance transferred right? I can't imagine they would require r/o for money that was won on transferred futures.
    Yeah, for balance transferred for sure. Good question, since none of the futures will be graded until way later. In my case, they actually cancelled my 2 NFL futures for some unknown reason, and I just rebet the one with a better line than original, and I only have one small election bet that won't affect my rollover much. I have found their chat pretty friendly and accommodating, so it's a question you should ask if it would change your R/O substantially.

  17. #17
    Brewcity
    Brewcity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-04-18
    Posts: 103
    Betpoints: 330

    Recieved my payout at 3:30 pm central time. I requested $7950, got $7985! So from request to money in my wallet it took 18.5 hours. That's pretty solid!

  18. #18
    Brewcity
    Brewcity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-04-18
    Posts: 103
    Betpoints: 330

    Quote Originally Posted by Brewcity View Post
    Recieved my payout at 3:30 pm central time. I requested $7950, got $7985! So from request to money in my wallet it took 18.5 hours. That's pretty solid!
    Also forgot to mention, there was no replying to a confirmation email confirming the details of the payout. I just sent my initial payout request, they paid me out 18.5 hours later. No phone verification, no email verification!

  19. #19
    thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-09-08
    Posts: 2,982
    Betpoints: 11044

    Quote Originally Posted by Brewcity View Post
    Also forgot to mention, there was no replying to a confirmation email confirming the details of the payout. I just sent my initial payout request, they paid me out 18.5 hours later. No phone verification, no email verification!
    that is excellent . 24 hours or under and no hassle of phone calls. I opened an account with them and will deposit, thanks for details of your payout

  20. #20
    Brewcity
    Brewcity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-04-18
    Posts: 103
    Betpoints: 330

    Quote Originally Posted by thespeculator View Post
    that is excellent . 24 hours or under and no hassle of phone calls. I opened an account with them and will deposit, thanks for details of your payout
    No problem. So far I'm happy with my experience. I've only been with them for about a week and a half. But I have nothing whatsoever to complain about thus far!

  21. #21
    vanzack
    vanzack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-16-06
    Posts: 441
    Betpoints: 168

    Quote Originally Posted by icon View Post
    posting a bitcoin address or including it in an email isn't sketchy at all.

    The only things that can happen are:

    1) the address and its transactions can be tracked - which can be worked around by using a mixer
    2) the address can have bitcoin sent to it.
    Thanks. But more than this can happen. Lets just leave it at that.

  22. #22
    vanzack
    vanzack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-16-06
    Posts: 441
    Betpoints: 168

    Quote Originally Posted by GradyFuson View Post
    Good news!

    I don't think emailing the BTC address is sketchy at all, if there is a mistake made there is evidence of your address in your email.
    Look - emailing a bitcoin address to use as a receiving address is not secure. For so many reasons. Im not going to explain them all because I dont want to give anyone any ideas. But there is a reason this is not widely used.

    Personally, I would never EVER do this, or open myself to being frauded because this method exists.

  23. #23
    vanzack
    vanzack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-16-06
    Posts: 441
    Betpoints: 168

    The most simple and obvious flaw is that if someone gets control of your email, they can get all of your funds sent to them with no traceability.

    So lets just think about the possibilities there. Someone could get control of your email account without even knowing about BAS. But once in your email, they see previous emails to BAS for withdrawals, and just send an email from your account with their address. The next step is actually funny (all according to original poster)..... They send you an EMAIL to confirm the EMAIL you already sent.

    So if someone spoofs your email address (basic stuff) they can get your whole balance.

    Are you sure you don't want to reconsider "the 2 things that can happen" by emailing your WD request?

    This is one of many things that can happen.

  24. #24
    vanzack
    vanzack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-16-06
    Posts: 441
    Betpoints: 168

    Quote Originally Posted by Brewcity View Post
    Also forgot to mention, there was no replying to a confirmation email confirming the details of the payout. I just sent my initial payout request, they paid me out 18.5 hours later. No phone verification, no email verification!
    This alone would never allow me to recommend them.

    This is an easy fix. They have to button down their withdrawals with better security. It is wide open for getting your balance stolen. This is really elementary school hacking.

    And forget hacking for a minute.... What happens when you wake up one day, your balance is gone, and BAS claims they sent out your whole balance because they received an email? Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. But you are screwed.

    BAS has to work on this to be considered a usable book IMO. There are very simple fixes out there. But sending an email, with no verification - is crazy.

  25. #25
    vanzack
    vanzack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-16-06
    Posts: 441
    Betpoints: 168

    Here is another example...

    I know Brewcity plays at BAS because he posted about it here. I get his email address from him or his profile. His email is brewcity@gmail.com (FAKE, JUST FOR EXAMPLE) - so I set up an email at gmail brewcity1@gmail.com, and my username as brewcity shows on my email.

    I ask for a full WD and send a BTC address to BAS.

    Do you want to rely on some clerk at BAS recognizing the difference in those two emails? I don't.

    This is a simple fix. There is a reason 2FA is standard in BTC. BAS has to improve this to be taken seriously IMO.

  26. #26
    DoucheBagWhoBets
    DoucheBagWhoBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-14-20
    Posts: 49
    Betpoints: 61

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack View Post
    Here is another example...

    I know Brewcity plays at BAS because he posted about it here. I get his email address from him or his profile. His email is brewcity@gmail.com (FAKE, JUST FOR EXAMPLE) - so I set up an email at gmail brewcity1@gmail.com, and my username as brewcity shows on my email.

    I ask for a full WD and send a BTC address to BAS.

    Do you want to rely on some clerk at BAS recognizing the difference in those two emails? I don't.

    This is a simple fix. There is a reason 2FA is standard in BTC. BAS has to improve this to be taken seriously IMO.
    Vanzack is absolutely correct. A phone call for extra security is a good thing. An inside job could clean out the whole website.

  27. #27
    bfl1000
    bfl1000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-28-11
    Posts: 83
    Betpoints: 1303

    BAS used to be under Youwager?

  28. #28
    vanzack
    vanzack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-16-06
    Posts: 441
    Betpoints: 168

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack View Post
    Here is another example...

    I know Brewcity plays at BAS because he posted about it here. I get his email address from him or his profile. His email is brewcity@gmail.com (FAKE, JUST FOR EXAMPLE) - so I set up an email at gmail brewcity1@gmail.com, and my username as brewcity shows on my email.

    I ask for a full WD and send a BTC address to BAS.

    Do you want to rely on some clerk at BAS recognizing the difference in those two emails? I don't.

    This is a simple fix. There is a reason 2FA is standard in BTC. BAS has to improve this to be taken seriously IMO.
    How about you are an employee of BAS and you sell a complete set of email addresses to someone with bad intentions? Or use them yourself to spoof or mask emails?

    You could clean out accounts one by one. It is so simple, I would be shocked if it DOESN'T happen.

    This is so silly, and so avoidable.

  29. #29
    DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-24-19
    Posts: 1,299
    Betpoints: 727

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack View Post
    The most simple and obvious flaw is that if someone gets control of your email, they can get all of your funds sent to them with no traceability.

    So lets just think about the possibilities there. Someone could get control of your email account without even knowing about BAS. But once in your email, they see previous emails to BAS for withdrawals, and just send an email from your account with their address. The next step is actually funny (all according to original poster)..... They send you an EMAIL to confirm the EMAIL you already sent.

    So if someone spoofs your email address (basic stuff) they can get your whole balance.

    Are you sure you don't want to reconsider "the 2 things that can happen" by emailing your WD request?

    This is one of many things that can happen.
    What you say is true here, but it is also true for 95% of offshore sportsbooks. If someone gets into your email they can take over your sports betting accounts if they know about them and desire to do so. Only a few have protections against that. Heck, some books, you don't even need email access - just knowledge of the customer's email address. I won't name which ones.

    For all of the crap people gave 5Dimes about their payouts, their DBA and verification process were actually pretty helpful.

  30. #30
    Nittany Lion
    Nittany Lion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-14-10
    Posts: 1,586
    Betpoints: 246

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack View Post
    Here is another example...

    I know Brewcity plays at BAS because he posted about it here. I get his email address from him or his profile. His email is brewcity@gmail.com (FAKE, JUST FOR EXAMPLE) - so I set up an email at gmail brewcity1@gmail.com, and my username as brewcity shows on my email.

    I ask for a full WD and send a BTC address to BAS.

    Do you want to rely on some clerk at BAS recognizing the difference in those two emails? I don't.

    This is a simple fix. There is a reason 2FA is standard in BTC. BAS has to improve this to be taken seriously IMO.
    Yeah that BAS security is a joke, after this 5Dimes debacle and complaints I've seen on here for Bookmaker/Heritage I might just go with a legal sportsbook here in Colorado like draftkings or something. I'm assuming DraftKings/FanDuel must have decent account security.

  31. #31
    hank_kingsley
    hank_kingsley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-08-20
    Posts: 47
    Betpoints: 338

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack View Post
    The most simple and obvious flaw is that if someone gets control of your email, they can get all of your funds sent to them with no traceability.
    So lets just think about the possibilities there. Someone could get control of your email account without even knowing about BAS. But once in your email, they see previous emails to BAS for withdrawals, and just send an email from your account with their address. The next step is actually funny (all according to original poster)..... They send you an EMAIL to confirm the EMAIL you already sent.
    So if someone spoofs your email address (basic stuff) they can get your whole balance.
    Are you sure you don't want to reconsider "the 2 things that can happen" by emailing your WD request?
    This is one of many things that can happen.
    I agree with you that their security needs to be improved and current process is unacceptable. But they need your PIN and acct# to withdraw. So if your email was hacked and there was a previous email with that info, then they could take your balance. But a simple spoof email hack from someone without access to your email history wouldn't have access to your PIN and acct# so it shouldn't work with spoof alone.

  32. #32
    vanzack
    vanzack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-16-06
    Posts: 441
    Betpoints: 168

    Quote Originally Posted by DontTailMe View Post
    What you say is true here, but it is also true for 95% of offshore sportsbooks. If someone gets into your email they can take over your sports betting accounts if they know about them and desire to do so. Only a few have protections against that. Heck, some books, you don't even need email access - just knowledge of the customer's email address. I won't name which ones.

    For all of the crap people gave 5Dimes about their payouts, their DBA and verification process were actually pretty helpful.
    Totally understand and agree. I would suggest only playing at the 5% that it is not true for.

  33. #33
    vanzack
    vanzack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-16-06
    Posts: 441
    Betpoints: 168

    Quote Originally Posted by hank_kingsley View Post
    I agree with you that their security needs to be improved and current process is unacceptable. But they need your PIN and acct# to withdraw. So if your email was hacked and there was a previous email with that info, then they could take your balance. But a simple spoof email hack from someone without access to your email history wouldn't have access to your PIN and acct# so it shouldn't work with spoof alone.
    So you mean to tell me you want to risk your balance on a clerk making the distinction between hankkingsley@gmail.com and hankingsley@gmail.com? What happens when you wake up and your balance is zero, and you contact them and they tell you they received an email - but you never sent one?

    This is an easy thing to fix. If you are willing to risk your balance, that is fine - certainly a personal decision - but I couldn't recommend this to anyone. Only thing worse than losing is winning and getting your account balance lifted.

  34. #34
    hank_kingsley
    hank_kingsley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-08-20
    Posts: 47
    Betpoints: 338

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack View Post
    So you mean to tell me you want to risk your balance on a clerk making the distinction between hankkingsley@gmail.com and hankingsley@gmail.com? What happens when you wake up and your balance is zero, and you contact them and they tell you they received an email - but you never sent one?
    This is an easy thing to fix. If you are willing to risk your balance, that is fine - certainly a personal decision - but I couldn't recommend this to anyone. Only thing worse than losing is winning and getting your account balance lifted.
    I agree with you that their security sucks and needs improvement. But the example you gave isn't correct. If someone spoofs my email or uses a similar email like your example, THEY STILL NEED MY ACCOUNT # AND PIN in order to withdraw. So a simple spoof won't get them through security like you're saying.

    An email hack where they gain access to my actual email account and can look through my email to find a previous sent email with my PIN and acct# is possible, but gaining access to someone's full email account is a lot more difficult than a simple spoof which any dummy can pull off.

    Your general point about security is correct, but I think we need to clarify what the vulnerabilities are and a spoofed email alone really isn't much danger without a PIN and acct# to go along with it. As far as I know BAS wouldn't allow you to change your PIN and acct# over email, so there's not much danger in that kind of hack.

    I do think 2FA should be standard for all withdrawals at all books.

  35. #35
    vanzack
    vanzack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-16-06
    Posts: 441
    Betpoints: 168

    Quote Originally Posted by hank_kingsley View Post
    I agree with you that their security sucks and needs improvement. But the example you gave isn't correct. If someone spoofs my email or uses a similar email like your example, THEY STILL NEED MY ACCOUNT # AND PIN in order to withdraw. So a simple spoof won't get them through security like you're saying.

    An email hack where they gain access to my actual email account and can look through my email to find a previous sent email with my PIN and acct# is possible, but gaining access to someone's full email account is a lot more difficult than a simple spoof which any dummy can pull off.

    Your general point about security is correct, but I think we need to clarify what the vulnerabilities are and a spoofed email alone really isn't much danger without a PIN and acct# to go along with it. As far as I know BAS wouldn't allow you to change your PIN and acct# over email, so there's not much danger in that kind of hack.

    I do think 2FA should be standard for all withdrawals at all books.
    Everyone at BAS has access to your account # and PIN. Ever use chat or call them? They know your pin and account. After your first email to them for a WD, they know everything they need to know to get your balance also because anyone who sees that first email has your account and pin.

    So if I am the guy working CS in CR, and I am making 5 bucks an hour, and I see an email with the keys to getting BTC scott free - that is too much risk for me to take as a customer.
    Security is like anything, how much risk are you willing to take? For me, knowing that a customer service agent in CR has enough information to sell or use themselves to even try to get your balance is worrysome.

    But all of your points are well taken. Buyer beware.

12 Last
Top