Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    You can get shot trying to escape prison Mac.. .. Attacking guards in prison you might get shot as well... You can still get shanked and killed in prison also.. There are always weapons to be had that kill..

My home was broken into in the middle of the night last year.. I was very glad I was armed at the time just put it that way with my hand gun.. You don't want to face a armed home invader in the middle of the night with a baseball bat trust me..
    Guards DO NOT carry guns in most prisons. You might find sharp shooters on the perimeter but no one carries inside. My point is not about other ways people kill but that guns are not allowed in prison and wouldn't you know it? No one get's killed by guns in prison. That totally shoots down the notion that the answer to guns is more guns.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Guards DO NOT carry guns in most prisons. You might find sharp shooters on the perimeter but no one carries inside. My point is not about other ways people kill but that guns are not allowed in prison and wouldn't you know it? No one get's killed by guns in prison. That totally shoots down the notion that the answer to guns is more guns.
    Mac I'm with you, less guns probably the better.. I damn well know Assault rifles serve no purpose other then to kill other human beings.. You can't hunt with them, they aren't great for home protection either.. Ban the shiiit of the those AR's and AK's and stop making and selling them period I say... Create the most extreme law penalties for anyone that possess one in populated areas like a city also..

That would be a good start..

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Laker was trolling American's and you all fell for it, hook, line and sinker. The US has a fukkking gun problem. It's too many damn guns and some of you idiots actually think the answer is MORE GUNS. WTF is wrong with you all? Sure, let's arm everyone with a gun. Why not hand out guns on the school yard playground. That will certainly keep our kids safe. Stop the stupid shit.

You know where the safest place to not get shot in the US is? Fukkking prisons. Go look it up. You have basically 0 percent chance of getting shot in prison. You want to know why? No fukkkking guns. Get a fukking clue.
    Easy for you to say we should ban all guns. You can just call up your boy, Wesley Snipes to come and ninja kick the shit out of anyone causing beef. Some of us have to stay strapped on these streets.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MickeyMan

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by magaman View Post
    Shooters do their business at soft targets... can you name any shooters that do not? It is always a soft target. Shooters want a big body count... that is their primary driver (why who knows but that is what they want). Soft target shooter can calmly walk around and shoot unarmed people and reload, and keep going until the popo arrive... unless you are in a nightclub in Orlando - in that case you can continue to shoot for hours as the police are too fuking scared to enter the building.
    So the shootings on military bases are soft targets?

Guns should be for you to protect your home and family. Unfortunately it can never go back to that and it is sad that these massacares are the new normal. For a segment of the gun owner population they get a false sense of strength from carrying and start problems.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10250

I'm not against responsible people that have conceal permits that carry a fire on them everywhere.. My brother in law has that now and carries an ankle holster pistol.. He had to pass VERY strict regulations to get it here in California.. He's responsible and I trust him with it completely..

If it's done right and screened properly, responsible people should carry fire arms just like police officers do.. If a teacher was packing and in the path of today's shooter I'm sure he could have shot even a warning shot and sent that crazy kid running back out the door and saved lives today...

~~~
    425 × 282 - fbo.com

425 × 282 - falibo.com

Last edited by 19th Hole; 02-15-18 at 02:12 AM.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

I have no clue what the solution is. Whatever is decided will never please everyone and there will always be people who feel disenfranchised. But I do know that I used to cry and be riveted to news reports when this would happen - well before social media so we’d have to solely rely on our news outlets who lets face it, aren’t always the most unbiased or reliable - yet I don’t feel that way anymore because it’s almost become the norm. That is bloody scary when our society has devolved to the point that a sicko school shooter isn’t a shock anymore. Something needs to change because whatever’s happening in the US is broken.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave shari91 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

As the world looks in horror at our country the same imbeciles who deny science, climate change, and gun control run our country. So sad.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    I have no clue what the solution is. Whatever is decided will never please everyone and there will always be people who feel disenfranchised. But I do know that I used to cry and be riveted to news reports when this would happen - well before social media so we’d have to solely rely on our news outlets who lets face it, aren’t always the most unbiased or reliable - yet I don’t feel that way anymore because it’s almost become the norm. That is bloody scary when our society has devolved to the point that a sicko school shooter isn’t a shock anymore. Something needs to change because whatever’s happening in the US is broken.
    Seems simple to me. Get rid of all the guns and if u are caught with one u get the death penalty. I find it funny when nitwits say “if they take away the guns the bad guys will be the only one that has them”. It is like if they are robbed by a bad guy they always pull out their weapons to save the day. U hear this happen about once in a million robberies

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Seems simple to me. Get rid of all the guns and if u are caught with one u get the death penalty. I find it funny when nitwits say “if they take away the guns the bad guys will be the only one that has them”. It is like if they are robbed by a bad guy they always pull out their weapons to save the day. U hear this happen about once in a million robberies
    you are so dumb its astounding

trying to get guns turned in or taken from every American who owns one or more

good fukkin luck

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9237

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post

good fukkin luck
    Most people actually do what they are told.

And whatever people say now, that's what they will do if a law comes into place.

I owned guns and regularly went hunting with my grandfather from about 10 years old. I used to walk around the streets with a 22 or air rifle and no one said boo to me as a kid. Everyone had guns here too. And I didn't think people would give them up.

But truth is, we the people really are quite sheep like as a group. Americans will give up their guns if a law says it and the govt pays them more the guns are worth like in Australia.

The only ones that dont will eventually receive scorn as criminals and we'll have forum threads full of hardline republicans saying they deserved to have been shot by police for owning that illegal gun, the same way we see them saying people who dont do what they are told get whats coming so often.

Sad truth, but that's really how bereft of real choice making ability the general public is. The majority do as told, most others get forced into social compliance and the rest are criminals. Enjoy your freedom of choice ;-)

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Not the first shooting, sad but this won't be the last shooting in this country

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post

good fukkin luck
    Fair point and I agree

I come from that family that sits around the dinner table and says “Ya, the gov’t can come take my guns but they’ll have to get em one bullet at a time”

But gun control reform isn’t a Black and white issue, it’s not all guns or none and the fear of a slippery slope is just nra propaganda

The reality is these .223 ar-15 platform rifles were designed for military use and for war. The nra pushed and got em on the streets.

It’s not alll that different than the opioid epidemic, at the time everyone thought if we left prescribing practices up to physicians, they would make the right decisions. Decades later we’re dealing with a massive crisis, streets flood with oxy and heroin and we’re left to pick up the pieces of shattered lives and bury the rest

Same with guns. The nra is lumping ar15’s into the second amendment right and that in and of itself is a bullshit argument that again is propaganda. It wouldn’t hold up in the Supreme Court.

But we addressed the opioid epidemic ( key point, we actually addressed it). There was bipartisan support because people were dying. This push back against even having gun control debate is nauseating at best.

There is less oxy on the street now than there ever has been and it’s evident by the fact it’s selling for $1.00-$1.33/milligram, used to be like five bucks for an OxyContin 40milligram. They went to the source and held them accountable, then they started holding prescribing physicians accountable, they they started holding actual pharmacists accountable, and it’s working

But honestly the solution here is even easier, have the Republicans pass the bill banning these stupid fukking guns that were never meant to be in your hands or mine. And if it’s the republicans that pass the bill, they control the narrative and own the legislation
    Last edited by The Kraken; 02-15-18 at 07:16 AM.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave The Kraken 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

America is a big fast food joint, on the menu drugs and guns

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Fair point and I agree

I come from that family that sits around the dinner table and says “Ya, the gov’t can come take my guns but they’ll have to get em one bullet at a time”

But gun control reform isn’t a Black and white issue, it’s not all guns or none and the fear of a slippery slope is just nra propaganda

The reality is these .223 ar-15 platform rifles were designed for military use and for war. The nra pushed and got em on the streets.

It’s not alll that different than the opioid epidemic, at the time everyone thought if we left prescribing practices up to physicians, they would make the right decisions. Decades later we’re dealing with a massive crisis, streets flood with oxy and heroin and we’re left to pick up the pieces of shattered lives and bury the rest

Same with guns. The nra is lumping ar15’s into the second amendment right and that in and of itself is a bullshit argument that again is propaganda. It wouldn’t hold up in the Supreme Court.

But we addressed the opioid epidemic ( key point, we actually addressed it). There was bipartisan support because people were dying. This push back against even having gun control debate is nauseating at best.

There is less oxy on the street now than there ever has been and it’s evident by the fact it’s selling for $1.00-$1.33/milligram, used to be like five bucks for an OxyContin 40milligram. They went to the source and held them accountable, then they started holding prescribing physicians accountable, they they started holding actual pharmacists accountable, and it’s working

But honestly the solution here is even easier, have the Republicans pass the bill banning these stupid fukking guns that were never meant to be in your hands or mine. And if it’s the republicans that pass the bill, they control the narrative and own the legislation
    To be fair, the opioid epidemic is a global one with devastating affects in many parts of Europe whereas gun control is just a domestic issue

The Kraken

And here’s the real problem if you want to get down to nuts n bolts

You want you ar15’s and you pay the nra for membership

And the nra in return has their lobbyists go to dc with millions of dollars and stuffs wads of cash into republican pockets to vote against any sort of gun control measures, even the ones that we should be passing.

We all agree rocket launchers shouldn’t be a weapon that any citizen should have access to so everyone acknowledges there is a line in the sand

We also agree for the most part fully auto rifles shouldn’t be easy to access because of how dangerous they are, no other reason. That’s why they’re class 3, you pay a pretty penny for the privilege to own fully auto rifles and then you’re in multiple databases.

Fukk, start there. Lump these rifles in with fully auto rifles, at least start making harder for people to get.

We have a problem and it has to be addressed but right now republicans refuse to even consider addressing it because they’re getting so much money from nra lobbyists

Fukking disgusting

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    To be fair, the opioid epidemic is a global one with devastating affects in many parts of Europe whereas gun control is just a domestic issue
    I don’t disagree but the opioid epidemic, although global, it’s also a domestic issue. And there are paralells here in the proliferation of both. We once thought the right thing to do in America was to give everyone OxyContin because it wasn’t addictive and pain was whatever the patient said it was, and if they said 7/10 pain, they got oxy.

Now we realize how big of a problem that has created in America. But we still apparently are fine with everyone owning ar’s. One day we’ll see the fallacy in this and I just hope that day comes sooner than later

There are also differences in the two and they should be addressed in different ways. But as a society we chose to address the opioid epidemic and we should now choose to address this issue by eradicating a gun that was never intenses to reach civilian hands but because it isn’t fully auto, it did.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave The Kraken 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    The solution is to do what Australia did, but it won't happen in the U.S.

The Kraken

Sure, we’re not Australia. But that doesn’t mean we can’t try something different.

And as a parent I have no choice but to fight this fight.

But I don’t have nra money nor half of Congress in my pocket

shadymcgrady

I don’t disagree but the opioid epidemic, although global, it’s also a domestic issue. And there are paralells here in the proliferation of both. We once thought the right thing to do in America was to give everyone OxyContin because it wasn’t addictive and pain was whatever the patient said it was, and if they said 7/10 pain, they got oxy.

Now we realize how big of a problem that has created in America. But we still apparently are fine with everyone owning ar’s. One day we’ll see the fallacy in this and I just hope that day comes sooner than later

There are also differences in the two and they should be addressed in different ways. But as a society we chose to address the opioid epidemic and we should now choose to address this issue by eradicating a gun that was never intenses to reach civilian hands but because it isn’t fully auto, it did.
    Yeah it is indeed pretty nuts how AR rifles are prevalent amongst recreational users these days.

Pretty good comparison between opiods and the high powered rifles in terms of potential destruction

No idea why the drugs were targeted to be dealt with over the guns but if I had to guess I'd say follow the money

The Kraken

It was a cultural change in how society viewed opioids. Pharma pumped huge money in to fight legislation, and they lost that battle.

It seems like congress has done a good job on regulating opioids. They didn’t outright ban them just made them harder to get, and it’s had a big affect to.

Let’s start there

But the reality is nobody in America ever thought having opioids prescribes was a right but more than half of America thinks owning an ar15 is a right

It’s a much, much bigger hurdle to clear culturally

Americans identify with guns because we’re driven primarily by fear, we never identified with opioids, we just liked em.

Still parallels

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

I have a bunch of guns
    I’m a drunk hillbilly

shadymcgrady

If you look at it from a demand driven perspective, guns in this culture are similar to shoes or handbags in the accessory dept

It would be nice to get a new model every now and then but how many does the avg person rly need or want?

Opioids on the other hand provide the market with residual demand bc addiction provides an infinite number

Hence follow the money, big gov needs to regulate all that distribution

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

I don't currently own a gun but plan to purchase at least one soon.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

If you look at it from a demand driven perspective, guns in this culture are similar to shoes or handbags in the accessory dept

It would be nice to get a new model every now and then but how many does the avg person rly need or want?

Opioids on the other hand provide the market with residual demand bc addiction provides an infinite number

Not many, so why not limit it? Why does anyone need an arsenal?

Track and regulate all gun sales. Allow competent adults who pass strong background checks and who pass minimum training courses and certification to buy a reasonable number of firearms specific to personal defense. Nothing more nothing less.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    The solution is to do what Australia did, but it won't happen in the U.S.
    I wish they'd just try though. And I also wish I didn't ditch sociology electives in uni and I'd paid more attention all those years I lived in the US. These two countries are so similar, including Canada, yet one of them has such a massive issue with these school shootings and the profile seems to always be the same... a white wackjob who is pissed off for whatever reason and was giving that many hints before hand that he was a loose unit. Get rid of these ridiculously high powered weapons. For sure keep the hunting ones just like Canada and many similar countries have and even hand guns if that's what the majority of us decide. But surely enough is enough now. No matter what someone's political leanings are no sane parent, friend, family member would want a child they love to fear going to school and that's exactly what happens. So even if your kid isn't physically hurt, they'll be forever changed because of experiencing this horror and that's just not right.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave shari91 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

The Kraken

Oh, I see what you're saying. I thought you were just talking about the lobby money.

Follow the money is always the right answer it seems but sometimes things cross that proverbial line in the sand and wake people up

I hope this is that issue

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Not many, so why not limit it? Why does anyone need an arsenal?

Track and regulate all gun sales. Allow competent adults who pass strong background checks and who pass minimum training courses and certification to buy a reasonable number of firearms specific to personal defense. Nothing more nothing less.
    I'm going to guess 90-95% (maybe more) of people that own ar's never use them outside the range. The most use AR's get is in school shootings and by swat teams, think about that for a second. Sad reality. A few people hunt hog with them and I respect that but that small minority can in no way be the determining factor here when kids are dying at alarming rates. Trust me, people that hunt hog will adjust.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    That might help but it won't solve the problem.. These nut jobs would just turn to driving huge trucks into crowds of people at high speeds, seek out bomb making skills and set bombs off in crowded places, etc.. etc.. If somebody wants to kill a bunch of soft targets they can find a way to do it..

Look at what Isis fighters too.. Look what the unibomber did... If there is a will there is a way.. Less guns are better and making them harder to get is better most likely.. I can't argue that logic though....

I wouldn't like to give my gun up that I use for home protection but if there were no more guns in America I would.. Until all the bad guys are disarmed I'm keeping my firearm!!!!
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-15-18 at 08:24 AM.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

Laker was trolling American's and you all fell for it, hook, line and sinker. The US has a fukkking gun problem. It's too many damn guns and some of you idiots actually think the answer is MORE GUNS. WTF is wrong with you all? Sure, let's arm everyone with a gun. Why not hand out guns on the school yard playground. That will certainly keep our kids safe. Stop the stupid shit.

You know where the safest place to not get shot in the US is? Fukkking prisons. Go look it up. You have basically 0 percent chance of getting shot in prison. You want to know why? No fukkkking guns. Get a fukking clue.
    WHAT? A troll job you say? we've been duped? those damn Canadian truckers are a tricky bunch....side question, Laker did you drive on that show Ice Road Truckers? sh*t looks intense

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

That might help but it won't solve the problem.. These nut jobs would just turn to driving huge trucks into crowds of people at high speeds, seek out bomb making skills and set bombs off in crowded places, etc.. etc.. If somebody wants to kill a bunch of soft targets they can find a way to do it..

Look at what Isis fighters too.. Look what the unibomber did... If there is a will there is a way.. Less guns are better and making them harder to get is better most likely.. I can't argue that logic though....

I wouldn't like to give my gun up that I use for home protection but if there were no more guns in America I would.. Until all the bad guys are disarmed I'm keeping my firearm!!!!
    If that was the case, what you say would be happening in countries that have restrictions on guns. It's not.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9237

Do your family also call themselves law abiding?

Do you really think they will hide away their weapons? Or fight a law officer for them at all? Let alone fight to the last bullet.

Maybe they wont obey the law on day one... but they WILL at some point if they really are law abiding. They will have no choice. The community pressure forces it after a few rounds of buy backs and some advertising.

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3643

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I send my kid to school every day in a fully loaded army tank.
    When I was in High School popularity was often determined by the kind of clothes you wore and the kind of car your drove. By the year 2050 this is what the Prom Queens will be driving to school:

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Nobody firing back

Too scared

Don’t blame them

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Another gun debate that completely ignores the mental health crisis in America. Guns are not the problem, ignoring people with serious mental problems is.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

What are you packing jibbbers? Hopefully I never have to use it but my glock 21 is ready just in case.

First 12345 ... Last