TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Quote Originally Posted by FlashinLeather View Post
    would love bendo get that strap about his waist
    My inner computer kind of "implodes" when I run fight scenarios between him and Frankie. There dead even in my books. I can see them both of them winning (and losing).

Probably won't touch this fight except more likely props.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

As long as Edgar can avoid the clinch he should be able to outbox Bendo

I wonder how the morning start is going to affect the fighters

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    As long as Edgar can avoid the clinch he should be able to outbox Bendo

I wonder how the morning start is going to affect the fighters
    Can he avoid the clinch? Also Bendo has wicked kicks so Edgar's style of keeping the distance and rushing in with angles might be a bit negated. Bendo won't try to outbox him like Maynard did. This is one of these fights where we 2 completely different styles and bodytypes. IMO, very hard to predict this one.

I can see Edgar winning by decision or Bendo winning by submission.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Vaughan Lee vs Kid Yamamoto is an interesting choice...Vaughan Lee traveled to Japan just to train with Kid recently

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post
    Fight doesn't go the distance! Maybe even doesn't go over 1 round. Sot by sub or Gomi by brutal KO.
    Sounds like a good shout

Jacobi
    Jacobi's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cool!

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Beelzebubzy

Playing Edgar. Survive Round 1 and I think he can out strike Bendo.

proposition joe
    proposition joe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Played Edgar large but I'm expecting a great arb opportunity here. Bendo should close around plus 200 unless I'm wrong about public perceptions

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by proposition joe View Post
    Played Edgar large but I'm expecting a great arb opportunity here. Bendo should close around plus 200 unless I'm wrong about public perceptions
    I would be surprised by that. Edgar has been the most consistently underrated fighter that I can remember. He was a 3-1 dog against BJ, after beating BJ.

You might be right about money coming in on Frankie, but I doubt it ever gets worse than -210/+170 ish. I'd be all over Bendo at that price, fwiw. (I'm one of the guys who consistently underrates him. . . )

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Second Nunya! I'll also be all over Henderson at better than +170. Frankie's my boyyy but Henderson has something that Frankie's previous high-level opponents in Maynard, BJ and even Sherk neglected and that is ability to mix-it-up and implement a game-plan (as well as the Lord All Mighty in corner). Maynard amazingly did the same thing in the second fight as he did in the first - batter Frankie in first round then completely lose it and go head-hunting. BJ stood in the centre and let Frankie implement his game-plan of being elusive and getting the odd take-down to score points in both of their fights, and Sherk also neglected his trademark relentless pressure and wrestling to instead try and show his "improved striking" with his T-Rex arms, and also ended up getting picked apart every round. I'm about 93.4% confident (using the Gabe system of percentages!) that Henderson goes in there with the strategy (and more importantly sticks to it) to pressure Frankie and grab a hold of him whether it be against the cage, or by taking him down and working him on the ground (as he did against Jim Miller). Henderson's leg kicks are also something that Edgar will need to be weary off which he didn't have to worry about against Maynard and BJ (both of whom's stand-up is more of a boxing style).

Beelzebubzy

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Second Nunya! I'll also be all over Henderson at better than +170. Frankie's my boyyy but Henderson has something that Frankie's previous high-level opponents in Maynard, BJ and even Sherk neglected and that is ability to mix-it-up and implement a game-plan (as well as the Lord All Mighty in corner). Maynard amazingly did the same thing in the second fight as he did in the first - batter Frankie in first round then completely lose it and go head-hunting. BJ stood in the centre and let Frankie implement his game-plan of being elusive and getting the odd take-down to score points in both of their fights, and Sherk also neglected his trademark relentless pressure and wrestling to instead try and show his "improved striking" with his T-Rex arms, and also ended up getting picked apart every round. I'm about 93.4% confident (using the Gabe system of percentages!) that Henderson goes in there with the strategy (and more importantly sticks to it) to pressure Frankie and grab a hold of him whether it be against the cage, or by taking him down and working him on the ground (as he did against Jim Miller). Henderson's leg kicks are also something that Edgar will need to be weary off which he didn't have to worry about against Maynard and BJ (both of whom's stand-up is more of a boxing style).
    I think that would be his best strategy as well as Frankie will once again be the smaller of the two fighters.
    I think Frankie's wrestling will be sharp to keep this standing.
    I placed this line at -150 Frankie and +120 Bendo

this fight should be the fav for fight of the night if it goes past round 1

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I think that would be his best strategy as well as Frankie will once again be the smaller of the two fighters.
    I think Frankie's wrestling will be sharp to keep this standing.
    I placed this line at -150 Frankie and +120 Bendo

this fight should be the fav for fight of the night if it goes past round 1
    Yeah FOTN favourite for sure and will be playing tht probably along with Pettis/Lauzon

proposition joe
    proposition joe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    I would be surprised by that. Edgar has been the most consistently underrated fighter that I can remember. He was a 3-1 dog against BJ, after beating BJ.

You might be right about money coming in on Frankie, but I doubt it ever gets worse than -210/+170 ish. I'd be all over Bendo at that price, fwiw. (I'm one of the guys who consistently underrates him. . . )
    You have a good point. I do think that public perception of Frankie has changed drastically since finishing Maynar, however. Bendo is awesome and I am a big fan. I like Frankies striking better and wonder whether Henderson can catch him to take him down. Vaughany made a good point about kicks, though, as Bendos taekwondo is a key part of his game. I'm not sold on him having the hands to outbox Edgar but this is a close fight. My usual parameters wouldn't let me play this, but I really do believe that Henderson will close at least above 150 which would give me a risk free bet on a super close fight. Worst case scenario, I've played a guy at slightly better odds than I believe that he should be.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Henderson's gone from +118 to +102 on Pinnacle

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Ben Henderson - "He doesn’t kick a whole lot and he’s not used to guys kicking at him. We definitely have to take a look and see where his weaknesses are, and if it happens to be the kicking then I’ll exploit that for sure.

“I think I’ll have a little bit of a size advantage. But I’ve never rolled with him or wrestled against him, so I don’t know how strong he is. But I’ll use every advantage I have, be it size, strength, speed or quickness. If he’s slacking on his submission or grappling game, I’ll try to take advantage of that also."

Beelzebubzy

Ben Henderson - "He doesn’t kick a whole lot and he’s not used to guys kicking at him. We definitely have to take a look and see where his weaknesses are, and if it happens to be the kicking then I’ll exploit that for sure.

“I think I’ll have a little bit of a size advantage. But I’ve never rolled with him or wrestled against him, so I don’t know how strong he is. But I’ll use every advantage I have, be it size, strength, speed or quickness. If he’s slacking on his submission or grappling game, I’ll try to take advantage of that also."

I think we can all guess Bendos gameplan. It will be very similar to the Miller/Bendo fight and Bendo/Bocek fight.
    Use his strength and get Frankie backing up, and eventually get him down. Then posture up as he always does, like in the Cerrone fight.

I think Frankie will be able to match his strength and keep the fight standing.
    Frankie should be able to implement Varner's gameplan. Jamie outboxed him for 2 rounds before becoming a Tard
    Round 1 - Referee Herb Dean gives the final instructions, and the unification bout is underway. Varner paws a few jabs. Varner shoots in after a Henderson high kick and takes the fight to the floor. Henderson rolls for a leg, and he persists on the hold as Varner tries to work free. Varner shakes it off and grabs a front headlock. Varner pushes the action into the cage. Henderson defends as he kneels. Varner wrenches a guillotine, but he can't finish. Henderson drops back to a knee and continues to defend the choke. Varner controlling the action with the hold as we hit the halfway mark. Varner works in a few knees to the leg, but Dean wants a restart. Henderson lands kick. Varner grabs his eye, but Dean doesn't see the cause. Henderson rushes in. Varner spins away and gets control. Less than a minute. Henderson stands up, but Varner holds him close. Henderson lands a nice elbow at the bell, and the pair embraces at the close. MMAjunkie.com sees the opening round for Varner, 10-9.

Round 2 - Henderson lands a low kick. Varner misses on a leaping knee, but he clinches. They push away and Henderson kicks high. Varner talking to him in the cage. High kick from Varner. Traded kicks, and Henderson's corner calling for combinations. Varner throws his hands, and Henderson falls away. Varner feigns with the hands and kicks low. Two minutes in, and crowd wants action. Varner throws a combination, and Henderson backs away and resets. Varner misses with a combination. Henderson appears a bit hesitant trying to time the attack. Varner misses a combo but returns to the center of the cage. Henderson kicks to the body. Henderson misses a combo, but finishes with a kick. Varner catches it and tosses him to the floor. Henderson grabs a leg, but Varner pulls away. Varner with two shots inside to the body, and he pushes Henderson to the cage. Traded knees in the clinch. Less than a minute. Varner tosses Henderson to the floor but he pops right back up. Kick from Henderson, then a knee at the bell. Closer round with less distinguishable attacks, but MMAjunkie.com sees it for Varner, 10-9.

Round 3 - Few quick strikes to open, then into the clinch. Little there, and they ack away. Varner looks a little less light on his feet, and Henderson scores with a kick, then a knee. Another high kick from Henderson is checked. Varner content to stand. Henderson brings the offense. Both looking for opening, and the crowd wants more action. High kick from Varner checked. Henderson scores with one of his own. Henderson throws a few punches, then eats a counters and backs away. Varner shoots, and Henderson jumps up and locks in a guillotine choke. Henderson squeezes, and Varner taps while still on his feet. Benson Henderson def. Jamie Varner via submission (guillotine choke) - Round 3, 2:41.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 05-15-15 at 01:50 PM. Reason: image does not exist

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

GSot out...Mitsuoka replaces

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Liking Edgar as well. Plan on putting at least 2 units on him.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

ben henderson 1.5u @ +125

The Fobfather
    The Fobfather's Avatar Become A Pro!

Punisher, where did you get him at +125?

Nick Diaz FTW.

SATERSTYLE
    FLAWLESS QUEEN BRITNEY
    SATERSTYLE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3291

Normally I don't like to bet close, even matched big-time fights but I like Edgar here a lot

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by The Fobfather View Post
    Punisher, where did you get him at +125?

Nick Diaz FTW.
    Bovada opening line

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by SATERSTYLE View Post
    Normally I don't like to bet close, even matched big-time fights but I like Edgar here a lot
    you know, i've doubted frankie for his last 4 fights and he's proven me wrong each time. i should really stop betting against him but i couldnt resist the +125 in what i believe will be a very close fight.

i may end up throwing a couple bucks on each of them by split decision.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Nam Phan in for Garcia

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Jordan23
    Jordan23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 units on Rampage?

Beelzebubzy

What is Odessa doing?

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

What is Odessa doing?
    The same thing he always does?

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Rampage is far from a lock here. He has one KO in his last 8 fights (Wandy) no suprise to me if Bader were to get top position and grind out 2 of 3 rounds

Jordan23
    Jordan23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    Rampage is far from a lock here. He has one KO in his last 8 fights (Wandy) no suprise to me if Bader were to get top position and grind out 2 of 3 rounds
    Dudes just don't grind Rampage out like that. The only one to come close was Rashad and Rashad has quick hands a changes levels really well, that's not going to be the case with Bader. It will probably look more like the Hamill fight than the Rashad fight.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

4u on rampage -190

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

I think Rampage wins. Now to -240 on Dimes. If Rampage doesn't beat Bader he should really think about retiring.

-Rampage wanted to be on the Japan card bad. He should be ready to fight well.
    -If Tito could find Bader's chin, we have to believe Rampage will.
    -Rampage has always had very good TDD, and Bader has had trouble taking down Lil Nog and others. His MMA wrestling is not that impressive. Even if Bader does get a takedown, I think Rampage gets up rather quick.

The only way I see Rampage losing is if he comes in fat and overlooking Bader. That is totally possibly. But you have to think he has enough "pride" to make sure he doesn't lose to a guy like Bader. An in shape Rampage KO's Bader all day in Japan.

Beelzebubzy

Rampage has not koed someone since Wandy including less than average chins Forrest jardine and Evans

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Rampage has not koed someone since Wandy including less than average chins Forrest jardine and Evans
    True, but then IMO he hasn't exactly been facing guys that are easy to hit or have glass chins. He had a broken hand against Hamill - combine tht with Hamill's reasonably solid chin and the chances of him finishing Hamill were always quite small...he just coasted through tht one. Machida is one of the hardest guys to hit in MMA and wasn't a good fight for Rampage stylistically. He dropped Evans but Suga was able to recover due to his experience and great composure - I doubt tht Bader would recover in a similar situation - he doesn't seem to be the type of fighter who deals very well with great adversity - actually panics a lot. And Jon Jones is Jon Jones. Only one which is questionable for me is Jardine - but then Jardine did have an awkward style and good use of leg kicks which is something that Rampage was and is particularly susceptible to (as we saw against Griffin) due to his flat-footedness and desire to plant his feet to generate power.

First 12345 ... Last