NFL Draft Odds 2023: Heavy Movement on Stroud to go No. 1 Overall
We're now into the pro day portion of the NFL Draft process and lines are moving drastically after Ohio State's pro day, featuring quarterback C.J. Stroud. Here are the latest NFL draft odds across our top sportsbooks.
The Carolina Panthers now own the first pick in the 2023 NFL Draft and enquiring minds want to know which quarterback they're targeting.
Eleven members of the Panthers front office and coaching staff attended Ohio State's pro day on Wednesday, and in the aftermath, lines moved heavily in quarterback C.J. Stroud's direction. Stroud was sharp, but much of the movement may have been based on an exchange between him and Panthers quarterbacks coach Josh McCown after the session.
Here is our look at current odds for the 2023 NFL Draft.
NFL draft odds 2023: 1st overall pick
|C.J. Stroud||-400 ❄️||-250 🔥||-300||-280||-300|
|Bryce Young||+300||+200 ❄️||+350 🔥||+275||+300|
|Anthony Richardson||+750||+800||+600 ❄️||+800||+700|
|Will Levis||+5000||+5000||+3000 ❄️||+6000 🔥||+4000|
|Jalen Carter||+20000||+20000||+15000||+15000||+10000 ❄️|
NFL Draft 1st overall pick best bets
- Bryce Young (-105 via FanDuel) - Feb. 14, 2023
- CJ Stroud (+250 via DraftKings) - Feb. 14, 2023
- Anthony Richardson (+800 via PointsBet) - Feb. 27, 2023
- Jalen Carter (+900 via DraftKings) - Feb. 27, 2023
NFL draft odds 2023 1st overall pick: Favorite
C.J. Stroud (-250 via FanDuel)
Stroud emerged as the betting favorite after the Panthers traded for the top pick in the draft, but his odds moved from -260 to -400 at DraftKings after the pro day. Whether due to the performance or the exchange between Stroud and McCown, the Ohio State Buckeye is running away from the field in this market.
NFL draft odds 2023 1st overall pick: Contenders
Bryce Young (+350 via BetMGM)
As quickly as lines moved in Stroud's direction, they could move again after Bryce Young holds his pro day at Alabama on Thursday. The belief is his measurements are a deterrence, but his arm isn't a question and neither are his college accomplishments while at Alabama.
NFL draft odds 2023: 1st QB selected
NFL draft 1st QB selected: Favorite
C.J. Stroud (-400 via DraftKings)
Stroud and Young carry the same odds to be the first quarterback drafted. Florida's Anthony Richardson saw his odds balloon from +275 to +750. The Panthers aren't likely to take a QB who's believed to be a project with the first overall pick.
NFL draft odds 2023: 1st WR selected
NFL draft 1st WR selected best bets
- Quentin Johnston (+160 via FanDuel) - Feb. 14, 2023
- Jordan Addison (+250 via DraftKings) - Feb. 14, 2023
- Zay Flowers (+2300 via FanDuel) - Feb. 14, 2023
- Jaxon Smith-Njigba (-150 via FanDuel) - March 23, 2023
NFL draft 1st WR selected: Favorite
Jaxon Smith-Njigba (-150 via FanDuel)
Ohio State receiver Jaxon Smith-Njigba also impressed at the pro day. He put up elite numbers in receiving drills at the scouting combine, but didn't run the 40. He ran a 4.5 at his pro day to cement himself as the favorite to be the first wideout drafted. Plus-money odds are no longer available for the Buckeye.
NFL draft 1st WR selected: Contender
Quentin Johnston (+400 via FanDuel)
There's a substantial gap between the favorite and the runner-up in this market. TCU's Quentin Johnston has the body type and resume to be a high first-round pick, but Smith-Njigba appears to be the slam-dunk choice.
NFL draft 1st WR selected: Long shot
Jordan Addison (+700 via DraftKings)
USC's Jordan Addison has seen his odds to be the first wideout drafted tumble. He ran slow at the combine, but he's still a legitimate threat to be a top-15 selection. If there are a number of trades early on Night 1 of the draft, it could shake things up and allow a receiver-needy team to come up and get their guy.
NFL draft odds 2023: 1st defensive player selected
|Will Anderson Jr.||-400||-350|
NFL draft 1st defensive player selected best bets
- Will Anderson (-230 via FanDuel) - March 7, 2023
- Tyree Wilson (+400 via DraftKings) - March 7, 2023
- Jalen Carter (+450 via FanDuel) - March 7, 2023
NFL draft 1st defensive player selected: Favorite
Will Anderson (-350 via FanDuel)
This is another market in which the race appears to be over. Alabama's Will Anderson now carries -400 odds to be the first defensive player off the board. Jalen Carter's off-field issues at the combine were followed by a poor performance at Georgia's pro day. Anderson is now the consensus top defensive player available.
NFL draft 1st defensive player selected: Contender
Tyree Wilson (+600 via DraftKings)
With Carter falling down the board, Texas Tech's Tyree Wilson is seeing his odds improve. He's now at +460 to be the first defensive player selected. As his recovery from a foot injury continues, teams are seeing the athletic pass-rusher as a viable option to make an impact in 2023.
NFL draft 1st defensive player selected: Long shots
Christian Gonzalez (+5000 via DraftKings)
Again, trades among teams picking in the top 10 of the draft could result in a corner-needy team having the first opportunity to drat a defensive player. It's not outside the realm of possibility that the Lions or Falcons can't pass up Oregon's Christian Gonzalez, which would cash this +5000 ticket.
Recent NFL draft 1st overall picks
- 2022: Travon Walker, DE, Georgia (Jaguars)
- 2021: Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson (Jaguars)
- 2020: Joe Burrow, QB, LSU (Bengals)
- 2019: Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma (Cardinals)
- 2018: Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma (Browns)
- 2017: Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M (Browns)
- 2016: Jared Goff, QB, California (Rams)
- 2015: Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State (Buccaneers)
- 2014: Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina (Texans)
- 2013: Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan (Chiefs)
2023 NFL Draft 1st overall pick FAQs
Who was the first overall pick last year?
Defensive end Travon Walker from Georgia was selected with the No. 1 overall pick in last year’s NFL draft.
When is the 2023 NFL Draft?
The first round of the 2023 NFL Draft will be held on Thursday, April 27, 2023, in Kansas City.
How can you watch the 2023 NFL Draft?
You can watch the draft on NFL Network, ABC, and ESPN or stream it at the affiliated websites (NFL.com, ABC.go.com, and ESPN.com).
Here are our best NFL betting sites:
- FanDuel: No Sweat First Bet Up to $1,000 | Read our FanDuel Review
- Caesars: Earn Up to a $1,250 Bet Credit | Read our Caesars Review
- DraftKings: Bet $5, Get $150 in Bonus Bets | Read our DraftKings Review
- PointsBet: Earn Five Second-Chance Bets Up to $50 Each | Read our PointsBet Review
- BetMGM: Get a Bonus Bet of Up to $1,000 | Read our BetMGM Review
(21+. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER)
* Bonuses not applicable in Ontario.
- Best Online Sportsbooks | Best Sportsbook Promos (U.S. only)