Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8707

Hi Everybody, I'm off back in South America doing my shit hole thing and haven't been in contact with the markets that much. I'm positioned up to my ass in SPY, QQQ, IWM, SMH, Puts that expire in Mid May. I keep the monitor on and so far for the last couple of weeks, its been choppy, but I think that is about to break to the downside.
    Also think the news coming out of the Ukraine will have to turn in the states if it hasn't already. Here in Chili the news is a little more unbiased and you can see how Russia is totally in control while the NATO forces are flopping around with supply chain issues. That is a thing to not have when supply things like ammo. I fear the US will escalate instead of cutting the Ukraine loose. If this happens, I wont have to worry about a market crash, I'll be looking to buy a sailboat to sail the south seas while the northern hemisphere recovers for the next 100 years from the Nukes. Of course we aren't there yet.
    How about the news that the US did indeed attack its own Ally with the pipeline thing. Germany will probably eventually kick us out of the country and the NATO will crumble, but that is a little bit into the future.

Greget
    NOT A M0DERATOR
    Greget's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4631

lol ever get tired of being wrong nut job?

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10218

Quote Originally Posted by Greget View Post
    I don’t think anyone here is unwilling to have an intelligible conversation about your views, perhaps if you would articulate them versus throwing out random insults we all would have a chance to learn from one another….
    Points Awarded:

homie1975 gave trobin31 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: homie1975

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10957

Quote Originally Posted by Greget View Post
    grego
    please not in this thread, Mate

trobin31

Seems like they are just shaking away everyone with sideways action until kingdom come

dxy got a nice rejection off 104 so shld be a little short term rally but this market refuses to pick a direction, I am still buyer of dips versus seller until we reach some new index highs or exhaustion signs

Slurry Pumper

Disagreement is what makes a market, and I'm glad to see some here are not having the same views as I do. To answer the question however, I get tired of being wrong when I start losing the capital, and at that point I usually reverse course. Until then however, my statements stand because well I'm not losing any capital currently.
    I give it about a 65% chance ole Jimmy kicks the bucket today, and if I had to guess it will be just in time for the evening news. I like the dude as a man, but not so much as a President. I wish him and his family well.
    I fully expected to start trading today but since it is President's Day, I'll have to wait. The VIX is announcing that tomorrow will likely end as an up day, and with that in mind, I project the markets have trouble getting to the most recent highs even with the buy the dip crowd coming in. This means I'm still firmly in the downward spiral camp going forward for the next few months. Until then however, I'm a buyer of short term Calls coming out of the gate Tuesday unless some shyt happens to Biden today while in the Ukraine and Poland.

Slurry Pumper

This morning the futures are hanging out close to the 404 spot on the SPY. That's a pretty good spot to launch a rescue operation this morning and since the VIX is telling me that today will be an up day, or at least a 85% chance of an up day, I'll be buying those daily call options along with the buy the dip crowd. Still overall bearish for the couple of months term.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3744

pay attn to precious metals

Slurry Pumper

Right about now is a good spot for a morning pivot. Time to buy the dip for today.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13279

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    pay attn to precious metals
    What am I watching. Only watching GLD & SLV sink like a brick the last month.

trobin31

Quote Originally Posted by Slurry Pumper View Post
    Right about now is a good spot for a morning pivot. Time to buy the dip for today.
    I got some 402 spy at end of day expiration, I’ve averaged down twice now lol, the dip keeps dippin

Slurry Pumper

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    I got some 402 spy at end of day expiration, I’ve averaged down twice now lol, the dip keeps dippin
    Yeah below 400 is my F it let it go point. The bulls are late for showtime today.

OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5168

What Is a Dividend?

A dividend is a share of a company's profits distributed to shareholders as either stock or cash, usually paid quarterly, like a bonus to investors. Unlike share price, which can change from day to day, once a company declares it will pay a dividend on a specified date, it's as good as guaranteed.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13279

Quote Originally Posted by OldBill View Post
    What Is a Dividend?

A dividend is a share of a company's profits distributed to shareholders as either stock or cash, usually paid quarterly, like a bonus to investors. Unlike share price, which can change from day to day, once a company declares it will pay a dividend on a specified date, it's as good as guaranteed.
    Really? I had no idea.

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9207

Looks like the rally failed at roughly the 50% retracement from the all time high in early 2022 to the October 2022 low. We're probably heading lower.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

NVDA up 8% AH on ER.

Looks overvalued on paper, but it isn't. NVDA is the center and heart of the AI revolution. Nobody else is close.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    NVDA up 8% AH on ER.

Looks overvalued on paper, but it isn't. NVDA is the center and heart of the AI revolution. Nobody else is close.

2er
    i respect you a lot, and as a poster i like you.
    i happen to have a decent-sized position in NVDA.
    i happen to be a huge fan of the company, the vision, and of Jensen Huang.

that said, i know you got in early and have a sizable position, one that might end up helping you to early retirement.

i am rooting for NVDA and for you.

that said, i cannot trust a single solitary word that you say about it, because you are completely biased. sorry man, but it is true. you cannot be unbiased when you have so much at stake. it is 99.99999% impossible.

sorry, do not take it personally and i know you won't and don't care, however, what you say about NVDA should be taken with a grain of salt because you are clearly biased.

they could be sinking like the titanic and you would be urging folks not to jump in lifeboats, because the ship is not going down.

point being, i take with a grain of salt, anyone who has a HUGE stake in something happening, or a HUGE bias against it.

when kidcudi talks TSLA, no one should listen too closely because he hates it.

when you talk NVDA, no one should listen too closely because you love it.

the TRUTH IS, numerous companies are clamoring to be THE GUY in the AI space and are much, much, much closer to NVDA than you think.

here is a list of the Top 100 companies in the AI space in 2023: (for some levity ;-)

https://www.datamation.com/featured/ai-companies/

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    2er

that said, i know you got in early and have a sizable position, one that might end up helping you to early retirement.

that said, i cannot trust a single solitary word that you say about it, because you are completely biased. sorry man, but it is true. you cannot be unbiased when you have so much at stake. it is 99.99999% impossible.

sorry, do not take it personally and i know you won't and don't care, however, what you say about NVDA should be taken with a grain of salt because you are clearly biased.

they could be sinking like the titanic and you would be urging folks not to jump in lifeboats, because the ship is not going down.

point being, i take with a grain of salt, anyone who has a HUGE stake in something happening, or a HUGE bias against it.

the TRUTH IS, numerous companies are clamoring to be THE GUY in the AI space and are much, much, much closer to NVDA than you think.

here is a list of the Top 100 companies in the AI space in 2023: (for some levity ;-)

I am biased.

I'm also right.
    Points Awarded:

homie1975 gave d2bets 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

homie1975

I am biased.

I'm also right.
    okay that was funny

Slurry Pumper

A couple of down days and all my Put plays have suddenly turned to be in the money slightly. Today feels like a pause day to slightly up, then going into the weekend we will see if the levels of support that are in place can hang on.
    I think gold will be holding steady around the $1800, and I would be loading up, but I've been cost averaging down with this stuff for the last couple of years every month, and been doing it with the miners too, so I'll just stay the course and keep buying. Eventually all of this inflation will kick in and since inflation ain't going anywhere for the next 5 years probably, packing those chunks in the safe and giving them to the kids for the Christmas gifts are going to continue.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3744

A couple of down days and all my Put plays have suddenly turned to be in the money slightly. Today feels like a pause day to slightly up, then going into the weekend we will see if the levels of support that are in place can hang on.
    I think gold will be holding steady around the $1800, and I would be loading up, but I've been cost averaging down with this stuff for the last couple of years every month, and been doing it with the miners too, so I'll just stay the course and keep buying. Eventually all of this inflation will kick in and since inflation ain't going anywhere for the next 5 years probably, packing those chunks in the safe and giving them to the kids for the Christmas gifts are going to continue.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

2er

Thanks for that list. I like that. But they buried NVDA at 52 as an e-commerce company. lol

That's a great list of niche AI companies. And virtually all of them will be powered by Nvidia. The first 5 trillion dollar company within 5 years. Hopefully I'll still be here to take a bow.

homie1975

Thanks for that list. I like that. But they buried NVDA at 52 as an e-commerce company. lol

That's a great list of niche AI companies. And virtually all of them will be powered by Nvidia. The first 5 trillion dollar company within 5 years. Hopefully I'll still be here to take a bow.

you will be too rich and too happy to post from your Yacht in the Caribbean.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

just because d2bets is passionate about nvda, that shouldn't dismiss his opinion as "biased"... he has his money where his mouth is, so his opinion should have even MORE merit

i would never recommend a stock or other investment that i don't have personally... that's the problem with so many money managers, advisors, analysts... they have no skin in the game! and if they're still working at 75 years old, why would you take their opinion on anything financially

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

you will be too rich and too happy to post from your Yacht in the Caribbean.
    I am 100x on that investment. Just sad it wasn't a bigger investment back in 2009, otherwise I'd be in the Caribbean now.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    just because d2bets is passionate about nvda, that shouldn't dismiss his opinion as "biased"... he has his money where his mouth is, so his opinion should have even MORE merit

i would never recommend a stock or other investment that i don't have personally... that's the problem with so many money managers, advisors, analysts... they have no skin in the game! and if they're still working at 75 years old, why would you take their opinion on anything financially
    right, should not be summarily dismissed - however should be taken with a grain of salt. he is not just passionate about NVDA - he has tons of "financial skin" in the game, enough that could cover an adult german shepard.

he may not need it to go up to secure his financial future, but he definitely WANTS it to.

it is akin to someone who has a huge stake in BITCOIN at inception or shortly thereafter. they stand to become RICH with "EFF YOU MONEY" if it pans out.

even D2er admits he is biased.

milwaukee mike

right, should not be summarily dismissed - however should be taken with a grain of salt. he is not just passionate about NVDA - he has tons of "financial skin" in the game, enough that could cover an adult german shepard.

he may not need it to go up to secure his financial future, but he definitely WANTS it to.

it is akin to someone who has a huge stake in BITCOIN at inception or shortly thereafter. they stand to become RICH with "EFF YOU MONEY" if it pans out.

even D2er admits he is biased.
    you lost me there

"if it pans out"??? bitcoin has gone from $0.05 to $23,800.00... i would say that qualifies as panning out!

$1000 would now be worth over $400 million

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1818

There's a Bitcoin chart that says when the 50 day line drops below the 200 day line in a 2 year period, that's the death cross for a bear market. It crossed a few days ago. Buy Bitcoin when it drops to $15,000 which should happen in the next months. The reverse when the 50 day goes above 200 day, that's the life cross for a bull market.

homie1975

you lost me there

"if it pans out"??? bitcoin has gone from $0.05 to $23,800.00... i would say that qualifies as panning out!

$1000 would now be worth over $400 million
    yeah that math checks out LOL

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    There's a Bitcoin chart that says when the 50 day line drops below the 200 day line in a 2 year period, that's the death cross for a bear market. It crossed a few days ago. Buy Bitcoin when it drops to $15,000 which should happen in the next months. The reverse when the 50 day goes above 200 day, that's the life cross for a bull market.
    i disagree, i don't think it goes from 15k (3 months ago) to 25k and then right back to 15k, and then back up again... i think it goes to 100k and never gets down to 15k again, but if it got down there it wouldn't really be a good sign

milwaukee mike

yeah that math checks out LOL
    what's wrong with the math? $1000 could've been 20,000 btc, take 20,000 times $20,000 and see what you get, 400 million... not too many people kept it that long, but i had one client that was selling $1 million worth of bitcoin every year, and still had over $30 million of it when he died

Slurry Pumper

The last few days the SPY has been bouncing off the 50 DMA making some bottoming candles, so that has me believing there is a rebound in the cards here. This morning a break below the 50 DMA make spark a fake out operation with a quick drop to the trend line from the ultimate high that is angling down and today sitting at $392. After the phony numbers this morning whatever they are, be on the look out for a collapse then a possible rescue right around $392. If we are down around the $392 this morning, I'm unloading some of those Puts I got which I may buy back if price cuts through the trend line which is unlikely.
    Or the phony numbers could just goose the markets from another test of the 50 DMA, and its off to the races for the weekend.

milwaukee mike

The last few days the SPY has been bouncing off the 50 DMA making some bottoming candles, so that has me believing there is a rebound in the cards here. This morning a break below the 50 DMA make spark a fake out operation with a quick drop to the trend line from the ultimate high that is angling down and today sitting at $392. After the phony numbers this morning whatever they are, be on the look out for a collapse then a possible rescue right around $392. If we are down around the $392 this morning, I'm unloading some of those Puts I got which I may buy back if price cuts through the trend line which is unlikely.
    Or the phony numbers could just goose the markets from another test of the 50 DMA, and its off to the races for the weekend.
    i think we're gonna keep drip drip dripping lower... people are realizing that stocks aren't worth a p/e of 25 with negative growth, when they can just take the easy 5% in a 1-yr cd... i would be surprised if the s&p 500 ends the year above 3300, it's so ridiculously overpriced vs bonds/preferreds... and at some point 7% mortgage rates have to start killing real estate prices

just take a look at twitter, every time the cdc posts something, 99% of the replies are "we don't believe you"... people have truly woken up to the fact that it's all brainwashing and bullshit... when that happens, and people as a whole lose faith in government/media/currency, that's when societies collapse. "the great resignation" wasn't because people are lazy, it's because they realized they were slaves to a corrupt and awful system that hates them

Slurry Pumper

i think we're gonna keep drip drip dripping lower... people are realizing that stocks aren't worth a p/e of 25 with negative growth, when they can just take the easy 5% in a 1-yr cd... i would be surprised if the s&p 500 ends the year above 3300, it's so ridiculously overpriced vs bonds/preferreds... and at some point 7% mortgage rates have to start killing real estate prices

just take a look at twitter, every time the cdc posts something, 99% of the replies are "we don't believe you"... people have truly woken up to the fact that it's all brainwashing and bullshit... when that happens, and people as a whole lose faith in government/media/currency, that's when societies collapse. "the great resignation" wasn't because people are lazy, it's because they realized they were slaves to a corrupt and awful system that hates them
    What a bleak outlook, but I can't say that I disagree. I think I'm on record somewhere with the S&P getting to 2500 eventually so 3300 actually strikes me as optimistic.
    I hear ya about people realizing their government has been enslaving them while not really giving 2 shits about them. I also think the people in charge think the world is ready for technology that isn't ready for wide spread use. The forced implementation will cause upheaval and that is when wars bust out. If I didn't know better, I would say it is about time for another war, or an actual pandemic or something deadly coming in the near future.

homie1975

what's wrong with the math? $1000 could've been 20,000 btc, take 20,000 times $20,000 and see what you get, 400 million... not too many people kept it that long, but i had one client that was selling $1 million worth of bitcoin every year, and still had over $30 million of it when he died
    i mean it does and i missed it

LOL to myself!

love you Miker
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: milwaukee mike

First ... 370371372373374375376 ... Last