pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90350

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
    A situation like this is tough, for both parties. But I think 5dimes is in the wrong here, they only waited until after this player had won to pull this bogus rule on him.

Im positive that 5dimes would not have said a word if the guy lost 10k.
    Agree, the attitude is what turns me off the most. We know if he lost Tony wouldn't have said anything

frank21
    Witty Comic
    frank21's Avatar Become A Pro!

After reading this joke of a thread, I will never touch 5dimes... ever!!

AND THIS TONY GUY NEEDS TO BE TAKEN OUT AND BEATEN DOWN, WHO THE FUK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ASSHOLE???

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Too much greed in this world, nothing you can do about it.

Patrick McIrish
    Patrick McIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
    But I think 5dimes is in the wrong here, they only waited until after this player had won to pull this bogus rule on him.

Everyone is saying this was caught only when the player asked for his money, to be fair - ALL books work this way. The books usually send accounts over to their fraud departments for a closer look once the player asks for a withdrawal. The A+ books down to the shit books, they all do the same. They all review a players account closer once the request for a check is recieved. Not saying it's right, maybe they should evaluate incoming money as closely as they do when it's going out, but they don't. The chances of you being caught doing something wrong is much greater after you ask for a withdrawal than it is prior. Not just 5Dimes, that goes for all the books. They might catch something flagrant but for the most part your problems are going to begin once you ask for your money. To be fair we shouldn't single Tony out for something they all do.

trixtrix
    trixtrix's Avatar Become A Pro!

tony was the most unprofessional book manager that i have ever had the pleasure of conversing w/ up until 2 months ago (where wagerweb dan blew that out of the water by calling me a m-fing scumbag and sbr bunch of pedophiles)

i agree though in tony's position in regards to my incident he had some cause (unlike wagerweb which had absolutely no cause), i deliberately past-posted 2 mma lines where results were already known. he then locked my acct. only after i emailed and apologized a few months later that he agreed to reinstate my acct for half of the posted limits ("if you can demonstrate that you stopped your thieving ways" i believe was the exact quote) those limits last all of 6 months until i was cut, cut again, and cut off from parlays/teasers in all.

jlove51wl
    jlove51wl's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just going to stay away from 5dimes.....i've heard way too many complaints

frank21
    Witty Comic
    frank21's Avatar Become A Pro!

So Im assuming that dude was actually paid in the end???

Lint Pockets
    Lint Pockets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

did anyone ever stop to think that this romaine guy could of easily called up his ex wife and told her what bets to place on her account while he placed the same bets on his account?? just because he stated she lived 200km away doesnt mean he cant call her and pull a fast one, not saying this is true just something that popped into my head.

Fippy
    Fippy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Scary that 5D won the last poster's poll, must be lots of smalltimers here.
    This books sucks as much as BetPhx for ppl who actually have a clue about what they bet.

paw
    paw's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tony from 5Dimes

Has always been full of shit Period.

I know quite a few players over the years that once they start beating him good, He will either limit you down to nothing and or send you an nasty email telling you to take your money and scram.

Most above board books will let you beat them good for quite sometime as many will use your games to off-set their lines and make it back from the other side.

This is why Pinnacle still remains on the top of the pecking order they will Take all Action and never blink an eye.

5dimes is no better then going into a local Las Vegas book and after you win for 3 or 4 weeks they tell you to take your business elsewhere.

Use Matchbook ......................... All the lower Shops such as 5 dimes cater to 25 to 200.00 players at best anyone in the Thousands will have trouble right out of the gate.

Even betcris with his bullshit lines still keeps a large range of larger players due to the fact he will take the action if you have the money.

In the end its best to have several outs and rotate thru them as needed.

Its funny everyone whom wagers on sports are always looking to win but on the Flip side Winning comes with a Large price to PAY..........................

PAW

jboy4
    jboy4's Avatar Become A Pro!

With all the complaints I have read, how can these guys be a recommended book with A+ rating? I personally have never played with these guys, but from what I read on here, I never will. Thanks for the input guys and the headache I will never have from obviously a very bad book.

Lint Pockets
    Lint Pockets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

Well of course 5D gave him the rest of his money they really had no choice because they knew if they didn't it was gonna be the final nail in the coffin with all the other complaints about them lol. I don't bet sports for real cash much but now that I've read all the bad things about this site I will know to stay away.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Wow ok why is 5 dimes still an A+ book then. I only have money at a few books and was looking to expand my options. This will obv not be one of them

DIF
    DIF's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dimes always treated me good for several years, but I only have 1 account and try bet smart.

Smurf71
    Smurf71's Avatar Become A Pro!

Customer can have ONE AND ONLY ONE IP address without prior permission from management.

What kind of bullshit is that? That is a Sporsbook.com syndrome. I can tell you- 95% rec. gamblers have their home computer with one IP address and the second one on their office desk at work where IP address is different. That is absolutely normal. So this guy tells me that when I am at office I can log in to my 5Dimes account only with management permission? WTF! And that book has A+ rating?

michael777
    michael777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3128

tony god williams

Johnpoints
    Johnpoints's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Smurf71 View Post
    Customer can have ONE AND ONLY ONE IP address without prior permission from management.

What kind of bullshit is that? That is a Sporsbook.com syndrome. I can tell you- 95% rec. gamblers have their home computer with one IP address and the second one on their office desk at work where IP address is different. That is absolutely normal. So this guy tells me that when I am at office I can log in to my 5Dimes account only with management permission? WTF! And that book has A+ rating?
    Excellent point

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

stick with brick and mortar books.

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

Quote Originally Posted by Smurf71 View Post

That's one of the most ridiculous rules I've ever heard, nevermind that many people don't have static IP addresses.

ericthegangster
    MARK IT ZERO!
    ericthegangster's Avatar Become A Pro!

I will never play at 5dimes. Tony is an absolute scumbag.

KingKolzig
    KingKolzig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Quote Originally Posted by skrtelfan View Post
    That's one of the most ridiculous rules I've ever heard, nevermind that many people don't have static IP addresses.
    this is like the closer rule for any book that doesnt want to pay. just bring out Mariano IP from the bullpen and its over

steve18
    steve18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 848

Thanks for the story. It helps.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

why doesnt someone just go find tony and see if he lives up to all his threats

DBurton81
    DBurton81's Avatar Become A Pro!

Where is Tony???

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

I'm sure 5 dimes would not have refunded funds if wager was lost.

blix177
    blix177's Avatar Become A Pro!

You guys do know this was a 4 year old complaint right? Book came and gone in shorter time frame than this.

diamond
    diamond's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think this is a classic TONY: http://forum.bettingadvice.com/showthread.php?t=48129

Read and enjoy:

Tony: how can I help you today?
    Ieva: Hello, my account is xxxxxx
    Ieva: when I log in it says: your account has been disabled contact for more info
    Ieva: what does that mean?
    Tony: means if you don't start explaining to me just what you did and why you did it, i'll delete your account
    Tony: thats what that means
    Ieva: what should i explain?
    Ieva: my bets?
    Ieva: i'll explain everything, just tell me what?
    Tony: you think about your wagers from today
    Tony: think hard
    Ieva: i took ~7-8 bets
    Tony: and maybe you'll come up with the reason why your account is blocked
    Tony: really, any of them you think i might have a problem with?
    Ieva: just a second
    Ieva: stuttgart already lost
    Ieva: cavaliers and blazers still pending
    Ieva: blazers as well
    Ieva: and tucuman
    Ieva: and i think i don't see one more bet
    Ieva: maybe that might be the problem
    Ieva: handicap on dinamo?
    Ieva: a friend told me to bet everything i can on it
    Ieva: so i took it at your company and couple others
    Ieva: what is with that?
    Ieva: was it started already?
    Ieva: or was it finished?
    Ieva: i see 78-48 for dinamo
    Ieva: this might be it or am i wrong?
    Ieva: well i am sorry if anything caused any trouble. i am simply betting with several websites that offer the picks, sometimes i do not know the teams, leagues, etc
    Ieva: i simply bet what they tell me
    Ieva: tell me where is the problem and how can we solve it
    Tony: you know how many times i've heard "a friend told me"
    Tony: did that friend bother to tell you that you were "past posting" a game that already started?
    Tony: i've heard that "friend" bullshit before
    Ieva: it was not a friend actually
    Tony: its your account, you're responsible for it
    Ieva: it was a punter
    Ieva: that has his own website
    Ieva: i am responsible to make bets that are online or am i wrong?
    Tony: you tried to steal
    Tony: whether you admit it or not
    Tony: thats what you tried to do
    Ieva: Tony, I am not an expert of NHL, NFL, MLB, NBA or any other basketball, I just bet what the punters say. Yes, I am totaly responsible for my account, but what did I do wrong? I log in and I bet. You decide whether it was on time or not. If not - the bet has to be voided. I really couldn't imagine this kind of situation
    Ieva: I will try to make sure this won't happen in future
    Tony: time was wrong on a international hoops game
    Ieva: i understand that now
    Tony: they moved up the start of the game and didn't inform anyone
    Tony: but i think you already know that
    Ieva: yes
    Tony: so how much did you try to steal on this one?
    Ieva: i think the max wager was 250 dollars
    Tony: so you tried to steal $250
    Ieva: well according to you - yes
    Tony: you've read the rules about "past posting" on the site?
    Ieva: not yet
    Tony: i think you should read up a bit on it
    Tony: because when people try to steal from me, i BITE BACK
    Ieva: Tony, I think that the bookie like 5dimes can't afford such mistakes and I fully take responsibility for my actions (even though I did not have a clue about past posting or so, cause the punter told me to place money on handicap via skype and so I did). Voiding the bet or limiting account is what I usually get at other bookies.
    Tony: well, at this one we do one of two things
    Ieva: I just don't know what to say, I am an honest person and I do not want any angriness from any of the side
    Tony: i either delete the account all together
    Tony: or i take what you tried to steal
    Tony: so void and $250 gone
    Tony: or the account just deleted
    Tony: since you're such a pro in this type of activity, now you know how i handle things
    Ieva: so you are telling you are taking $250 from my account for me trying to place a bet?
    Ieva: or just voiding that bet I've placed?
    Tony: the void already going to happen
    Tony: now i'm going even further
    Tony: now i've really turned the tables, haven't i?
    Tony: you would have had no problem stealing $250 from me, so why shouldn't i steal $250 from you?
    Tony: or even more?
    Ieva: even though i can't believe in what is happening, but if that is the case in 5dimes company then let it be. you made your point and i will have to be more careful with your company, take those 250 dollars because as i said - i don't like any conflicts with the bookies

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

What sort of a clown expects his customers to have a better handle on start times than he does?

diamond
    diamond's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think still this guy knew what he was doing, seemed way too innocent...but tony truly has his own way of handling situations. got 250 free there to his book.

Toit
    Trust me.
    Toit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6775

Spoken like a true God.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Interesting stuff for noobs like me that wasn't around here then. I like that copy and paste job of the chat with Tony and the past posting player..... Tony, really takes that hard nosed,old school Mafia approach when dealing with his clients

jboy4
    jboy4's Avatar Become A Pro!

Does he not know there are better books than 5 dimes+you can actually win with no hassle. He must think people cant play anywhere but 5 dimes.

nenad
    nenad's Avatar Become A Pro!

isnt this thread about multiple accounts same surenames?

trixtrix
    trixtrix's Avatar Become A Pro!

i've past posted 5dimes, they limited my acct to pennies. though they didn't steal from me and was quick to process my w/ds. 1 year later i emailed tony and apologized, he cussed me out but reinstated my acct w/ half max limits. but then limited me again to pennies after i won a good bit during nfl season.

tony cracks me up but i don't think the end result was all that unfair to the punter in my case.

Cheese1976
    Cheese1976's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 439

These offshore books can be sooo shady :-/ I'M MOVING BACK TO VEGAS!

First ... 6789101112 Last