ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wimbledon 2013
    Play 20
    PROP: Bartoli defeats Flipkens 2-1 [sets] (+320)
    Risking $43.30 to win $138.56

I figured if I'm going to burn money on WTA, I might as well take a stab at a long-shot prop bet. Seems better than just taking the over priced at -105, although it forces me to root for a specific scenario and could leave me conflicted as the match progresses. Here's hoping we get an extremely competitive match that Bartoli pulls out in three sets.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Quote Originally Posted by ParlayininHTown View Post
    Wimbledon 2013
    Play 20
    PROP: Bartoli defeats Flipkens 2-1 [sets] (+320)
    Risking $43.30 to win $138.56

I figured if I'm going to burn money on WTA, I might as well take a stab at a long-shot prop bet. Seems better than just taking the over priced at -105, although it forces me to root for a specific scenario and could leave me conflicted as the match progresses. Here's hoping we get an extremely competitive match that Bartoli pulls out in three sets.
    Bartoli's record in 3-setters has not been very good. If the first 2 sets are tight, she will not last in the 3rd due to fitness issues. I took Bartoli to win and hedged with Flipper in 3 sets.

ParlayininHTown

Wimbledon 2013
    Total record for this slam: 9-10-1
    Profit/loss: +$350.00

Happy Independence Day, Americans. Happy belated Canada Day, Canadians.

I think I'll take Saturday off ... Lisicki should win, but her moneyline is too inflated to take straight up.

I'm looking forward to the late-night degenerate action when the WTA rolls into Stanford during the US Open series. That might be the next time I try out women's tennis. It's funny how far removed Bartoli is from nearly losing a set to Burdette at the event in Stanford last year.

I'm hoping for a Murray-Djokovic men's final from a tennis fan's standpoint, but I have a feeling Del Po could give Djokovic a stern test tomorrow. Neither player has dropped a set in this tournament, and Del Po has accomplished that feat despite battling a "sore knee." He beat Djokovic for the bronze medal on the same court at the Olympics last year.

If you put a gun to my head, I'll take Djokovic to win the match. He's better than Del Potro, and he knows he has a great opportunity to take this title. What if you ask me to lay -600 to -700? No thanks.

I haven't made any bets yet, and I have a while to think this over. But I can assure you I will not be playing Murray and Djokovic in a chalky parlay tomorrow.

ParlayininHTown

Wimbledon 2013
    Play 21
    TOTAL: Del Potro/Djokovic OVER 38 (+115)
    Risking $100.00 to win $115.00

Going to sleep on it before I commit to a bet on the Jerzy-Murray match. I think what I have my eye on will have a better price in the morning anyway.

ParlayininHTown

Wimbledon 2013
    Play 22
    PROP: Murray defeats Janowicz 3-0 [sets] (+135)
    Risking $65.00 to win $87.75

This is sort of for fun and sort of my lean. I'm taking it easy to ensure profit on the day. Go Murray. Make quick work of Hardcoar's crush.

ParlayininHTown

Wimbledon 2013
    Total record for this slam: 10-11-1
    Profit/loss: +$400.00

One match to go, and I'm up four units. That's a good spot to be in, considering I just wanted to break even.

I don't have a fade-worthy pick for the women's final. I've had enough WTA for this tournament, but I'll return to post a pick for the men's final before Sunday morning.

Best of luck to everyone on their bets tonight and tomorrow.

ParlayininHTown

Wimbledon 2013
    Play 23
    Djokovic ML (-165)
    Risking $200.00 to win $121.21

Wimbledon 2013
    Play 24
    TOTAL: Djokovic/Murray OVER 42 (-110)
    Risking $110.00 to win $100.00

I'm risking half of my profit for this slam on Djokovic and another $110 on the over. If Murray wins and the under hits, I still walk away a miniscule profit for the tournament and surpass my goal of breaking even.

I'm guessing Djoker takes this in four or five tight sets, but a Murray victory wouldn't surprise me at all. He has all the tools, and he is definitely ready to win Wimbledon. It's just a matter of outplaying an amazing opponent in Djokovic. The "value" here seems to be with Murray, but I'm going with who my gut believes will win and not worrying about the price because I've already met my goal for this slam.

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Quote Originally Posted by ParlayininHTown View Post
    Wimbledon 2013
    Play 23
    Djokovic ML (-165)
    Risking $200.00 to win $121.21

Wimbledon 2013
    Play 24
    TOTAL: Djokovic/Murray OVER 42 (-110)
    Risking $110.00 to win $100.00

I'm risking half of my profit for this slam on Djokovic and another $110 on the over. If Murray wins and the under hits, I still walk away a miniscule profit for the tournament and surpass my goal of breaking even.

I'm guessing Djoker takes this in four or five tight sets, but a Murray victory wouldn't surprise me at all. He has all the tools, and he is definitely ready to win Wimbledon. It's just a matter of outplaying an amazing opponent in Djokovic. The "value" here seems to be with Murray, but I'm going with who my gut believes will win and not worrying about the price because I've already met my goal for this slam.
    Once you placed that -400 parlay, I stopped following. Even though you won it, I would LOVE to be on the other side of bets like that.

First 12