servo386
    servo386's Avatar Become A Pro!

Betting on Bet365 from America?

So, I have family in europe (Spain to be exact). If they opened up an account, all in their name and linked to their bank account, could I log on from here in the US and make the bets? As in, all the money goes to them, everything is linked to them over there in Spain therefore legal. But I take the name and password they set up and log on from here and make the actual bets. Is that doable? does anyone have experience with this? I would understand if i'd have to log on using a proxy server to make it appear im surfing from europe, but other than that?

servo386

I guess theres some sort of unofficial rule that we dont talk about this?

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20531

I believe that there are people who do that or similar

But beware being caught out

I understand that BetFair has means of detecting at least some of these people and close their accounts immediately and permanently . No warnings. One strike and you're out buddy.

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

why do you want to play on bet365 so badly?

servo386

because only bet365 and betfair offer the bets i want, prop bets on Formula 1. god damn america and its lack of interest in formula 1.

trumpdown
    trumpdown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Usually this is kept on the "dl" as anything of value here usually is. You should be good to go, only thing to add choose proxy/VPN service wisely.

chachi
    Lazy Git
    chachi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

logmein or similar, hit their machine and then browse from there

Climate
    Climate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by servo386 View Post
    So, I have family in europe (Spain to be exact). If they opened up an account, all in their name and linked to their bank account, could I log on from here in the US and make the bets? As in, all the money goes to them, everything is linked to them over there in Spain therefore legal. But I take the name and password they set up and log on from here and make the actual bets. Is that doable? does anyone have experience with this? I would understand if i'd have to log on using a proxy server to make it appear im surfing from europe, but other than that?
    Prepare for the worst if you do this.
    If you lose you lose, if you win, they may confiscate your money if they catch anything irregular. I'd avoid this move at all costs.

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

why don't you email someone back in spain , they can place the action for you , why take a chance on having your account closed

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

actually your relatives could set up a business like this on the side for other people