Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22604

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    IMO that was not a bang-bang play.
    It was premeditated.

Mind you I don’t care either way, MTL or WNP, I have no dog in this fight.
    (I live in Bruins country we got our hands full with NYI)
    When you're skating as fast as you can to stop a goal....it is premeditated.....to stop a phucking goal!
    The guy has Zero history of rough play and takes very few penalties....he's clean.
    No intent at all to injure just stop a goal.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMan View Post
    KVB so far the consensus I’ve seen is retired players think good clean hit, maybe one game suspension. And the younger the players get the more dirty they think it is. The game has changed and for the worse imo.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    Jibby he was knocked out cold in mid-air

kind of hard to shake it off, skin

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22604

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMan View Post
    KVB so far the consensus I’ve seen is retired players think good clean hit, maybe one game suspension. And the younger the players get the more dirty they think it is. The game has changed and for the worse imo.
    They have put tutu's on NFL QB's....now untouchable.
    Hockey will be next to fall to the snowflake generation.
    Soon all sports will be theatrics like soccer.....everybody faking injury with no real men only pussies.
    It's sad.
    No longer "suck it up buttercup" it will be, "sweet little buttercup are you okay, let mama help".
    Points Awarded:

Jayvegas420 gave Mike Huntertz 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    Guaranteed nobody in this thread has played hockey at the level I played ....absolutely nothing wrong with that hit, what was he supposed to do?
    come to a complete stop and let the goal score?
    You turn around towards centre ice, you should know what’s coming.

Anybody who thinks Scheiffle should have pulled up on that play didn’t play a game past rec. league.

Hockey isn’t like other sports, not for soft snowflakes.

.....the virtual absence of the enforcer is IMO the reason stuff like this happens more frequently

Junior A Tier 2, and then lower minor leagues for a short time. You? But, I totally agree it Was NOT a cheap shot. Keep the head up.
    Last edited by hehfest; 06-04-21 at 11:06 PM.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

Quote Originally Posted by mngambler View Post
    High School State Hockey Champion checking in here lol I'm sure you made it farther than that but yes you are correct, my immediate reaction to the video was "gotta keep that head up and on a swivel bud" this isn't pee wee hockey here
    You mean squirts. Pee Wee was checking when I played. Gosh, the memories. Lost in Triple OT in the state title game against Lansing. Thought that was PW AA can't even remember. Too many hits to the head. CTE. Not to mention years of Zamboni carbon monoxide to the head..............LMFAO.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Huntertz View Post
    When you're skating as fast as you can to stop a goal....it is premeditated.....to stop a phucking goal!
    The guy has Zero history of rough play and takes very few penalties....he's clean.
    To add to this... GM's are watching their teams from the skybox above. That kid has to hustle and try to prevent a goal. I don't think a GM is going to grade him on... "Well yeah... he should let up because he might injure the other guy trying to score."

Ain't no GM going to say it's ok. If you're up for contract renewal... he'll remember that play and say... well... he didn't try hard enough to prevent that empty net goal. Let's get rid of him.

Unrivaled
    Unrivaled's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5234

This is really a case of the outraged mob getting a player suspended.

If it wasn't for the player awkwardly landing and injuring himself this wouldn't even be a story. I see dirtier hits most games.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Huntertz View Post
    disagree

he was late to the play

could have made the same hit without the strong follow through

i'm saying legal (good check) just unnecessary at that point

First 1234