Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8796

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    These big stocks aren't worth it for guys like me cause of limited capital, you have to wait 5 years to make 100% for already established brands. If I invest 25 grand, I have to wait 5 years to make 25 grand, then pay taxes? What's the gonna do for my life? Anyone have any real winners to give out?
    Yeah, I just let you know last week about the SPY short term calls. You can pick those up for less than $500 a contract, they more than doubled in a week's time, and I even told you when to get out. I did it all except buy and sell it for you.

That's old news, how about trying a SPY put that expires Friday maybe if they gap up and can't get above the $404 level on hourly closes in the morning rush hour. I'm gonna get rid of those before the end of the day on Friday, and it will more than likely be very profitable all within a week.
    Last edited by Slurry Pumper; 01-30-23 at 03:37 PM.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by Slurry Pumper View Post
    Yeah, I just let you know last week about the SPY short term calls. You can pick those up for less than $500 a contract, they more than doubled in a week's time, and I even told you when to get out. I did it all except buy and sell it for you.

That's old news, how about trying a SPY put that expires Friday maybe if they gap up and can't get above the $404 level on hourly closes in the morning rush hour. I'm gonna get rid of those before the end of the day on Friday, and it will more than likely be very profitable all within a week.
    Believe we when I say I wish I knew what you were talking about.

Find me a MARA type thing that goes from .50 to 50 bucks. I have 10,000 tokens on this website and they will all be transferred to you.

Every single stock I ever picked in my life has gone up a minimum of 300%. Having listened to many stock experts, I've never sold a single share. Today, a portfolio that started with 65k and went up to about 240k at it's peak is down to 25k.

It's deflating and depressing.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Find me a MARA type thing that goes from .50 to 50 bucks. I have 10,000 tokens on this website and they will all be transferred to you.

Every single stock I ever picked in my life has gone up a minimum of 300%. Having listened to many stock experts, I've never sold a single share. Today, a portfolio that started with 65k and went up to about 240k at it's peak is down to 25k.

That's why I dislike the stock market. Am I the only one who finds the sports market much easier to beat than the stock market? Granted, it requires more active management. And there's a limit as to funding. That's where I go wrong. What the heck do I do now with all my excess cash from the sports market?

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    Take a look at FLNC. I've killed it last year. Recent pullback. LMK.
    Impressive. I was surprised at how Sea Energy has come down. Used to be one of my favorite stocks. Seems almost like a good entry point to get back into it and has good buy rating.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Buy tsla, Nio

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11090

bro, please list everything you bought that went up nearly 4x from 65K to 240K

it had to have been all growth stocks because nothing else would be down 90% from 240K to 25K

my stuff that flies like 3 and 4 times leveraged ETF's? i take about half off the table

you do not want to hear this right now but the moment your stuff went from 65K double up to 130K, you should have started getting fearful and started thinking about taking some gains off of the table.

be fearful when others are geedy (stock going way up) and greedy when others are fearful (stocks going way down).

i know hindsight is 20/20 but bro for you to let your portfolio 4x in such a short period of time, you were taking a huge chance on high flier growth stocks which i have too (like MRNA and NET etc) and they double and triple up i know they are so volatile they i almost always take half off the table and lock in those gains.

you might be best served going QQQ or SPY so you do not have to actively manage it.

if you want 4x again it is extremely unlikely in this environment the next 2-3 years until rates come way down and the money supply is looser.

sorry bro, it is going to take a lot of patience. easy come, easy go.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    Impressive. I was surprised at how Sea Energy has come down. Used to be one of my favorite stocks. Seems almost like a good entry point to get back into it and has good buy rating.

yes i am also holding SE and down big but have not averaged down because it seems to correlate so much with Chinese stocks and those are untouchable for me right now outside of what i own (BABA and BIDU)

Slurry Pumper

OK we reached that $404 spot, now its time to buy them Puts both long term (May) and end of week termination dates.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13569

I tried SE myself. I have a short leash and when I got stopped out in the 70's I've been watching ever since. I don't have the "buy and hold" in my DNA like our fearless leader. As per Goat I made a ton on Mara/Riot. I started selling in the 40's and exited with a nice gain. To each their own I suppose. Each has its pluses and minuses.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post

it had to have been all growth stocks because nothing else would be down 90% from 240K to 25K

my stuff that flies like 3 and 4 times leveraged ETF's? i take about half off the table

you do not want to hear this right now but the moment your stuff went from 65K double up to 130K, you should have started getting fearful and started thinking about taking some gains off of the table.

be fearful when others are geedy (stock going way up) and greedy when others are fearful (stocks going way down).

i know hindsight is 20/20 but bro for you to let your portfolio 4x in such a short period of time, you were taking a huge chance on high flier growth stocks which i have too (like MRNA and NET etc) and they double and triple up i know they are so volatile they i almost always take half off the table and lock in those gains.

you might be best served going QQQ or SPY so you do not have to actively manage it.

if you want 4x again it is extremely unlikely in this environment the next 2-3 years until rates come way down and the money supply is looser.

Painful, but excellent spot on advice. Take your fair share and move on. Much like when I played poker for profit, I would always say "I hear my mother calling" when it was time to take my days profits and move on. BOL moving forward.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

yes i am also holding SE and down big but have not averaged down because it seems to correlate so much with Chinese stocks and those are untouchable for me right now outside of what i own (BABA and BIDU)
    Agreed, regarding China, as far as my portfolio.

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    I tried SE myself. I have a short leash and when I got stopped out in the 70's I've been watching ever since. I don't have the "buy and hold" in my DNA like our fearless leader. As per Goat I made a ton on Mara/Riot. I started selling in the 40's and exited with a nice gain. To each their own I suppose. Each has its pluses and minuses.
    Speaking of MARa/Riot, do you think it’s time to get back in? Does it have another big run in it? MARa used to be $70. I got in at $4 a few years back but got out way to early when it hit $10. There are some signs crytpo may be bouncing back.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

SPY
    current> neutral to bearish. flip to bullish over 408. lean bearish 390-394, full bear under 390

Slurry Pumper

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    SPY
    current> neutral to bearish. flip to bullish over 408. lean bearish 390-394, full bear under 390

Pretty much the way I see it except I like the$410 level.
    If by chance the Fed comes out and says he is pausing I suspect a rally to continue.
    I'm more in the hawkish camp where the good fight of inflation is not over and thus the Fed is gonna pause rally will stop and the fall will shortly follow. You can confirm this below $390ish.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Slurry Pumper View Post
    Pretty much the way I see it except I like the$410 level.
    If by chance the Fed comes out and says he is pausing I suspect a rally to continue.
    I'm more in the hawkish camp where the good fight of inflation is not over and thus the Fed is gonna pause rally will stop and the fall will shortly follow. You can confirm this below $390ish.
    Not going to "announce pause". At best very gradual less hawkish talk with a 1/4 point hike. There's going to be a 1/4 and then another 1/4 and then let's see.

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10358

First move after the Fomc is likely going to be the wrong move

my thesis on the first half being bullish and buy the dip has been working. I expect a surprise 50Bps from Fed given their current goal is to fight inflation at all cost, market reacts accordingly by algo selling followed later by markets heading higher

if they come in at 25bps then rips I suspect we get a market dip following the initial pop as inflation worries will rekindle, or we dip then rip into a full pivot

either way waiting for the first move to be made and fading it has seemed to work.

Goat Milk

You're right man. I wish I would have listened to you. Yes, I was in NET when it was nothing, then could have cashed it out for 200 a share. I was in Amarin when it was under 2 dollars, it went to 25 dollars, never sold it. So many biotechs 300% gains and even much more. I bought medmen, the weed dispo company, at pennies, I'm talking 12 cents or something, and it went to a dollar 50 or something, never sold it. And then something like trvn, bought it at like 50 cents, went to 3 dollars and 50 cents, never sold, then reverse split, reverse split, and now? Worthless. Bro, so many. I think about it everyday cause I'm not a millionaire like some of you. That 240 thousand would have made a big difference in my life.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    That's why I dislike the stock market. Am I the only one who finds the sports market much easier to beat than the stock market? Granted, it requires more active management. And there's a limit as to funding. That's where I go wrong. What the heck do I do now with all my excess cash from the sports market?
    Same. I do well in sports but I know I'm never going to win big big money because I don't bet huge. I've made bets for thousands of dollars sure, winning a few grand on a bet, or even winning 30 grand at the end of the year, that's not going to change my life in any way. That's why I do those same game parlays, basically hoping to hit a 200 grand lottery ticket sometimes.

It's even more annoying though when you see these 25 yr old kids driving lambos and you're like how the f did you buy that, and they're like, well I did good in crypto, and I did good in NFTs, or I did great in the stock market. And I just look at myself in the mirror and I'm like, I work 60 hrs a week, and these kids hit 3 buttons on their phone and they live 10x better than me.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Same. I do well in sports but I know I'm never going to win big big money because I don't bet huge. I've made bets for thousands of dollars sure, winning a few grand on a bet, or even winning 30 grand at the end of the year, that's not going to change my life in any way. That's why I do those same game parlays, basically hoping to hit a 200 grand lottery ticket sometimes.

It's even more annoying though when you see these 25 yr old kids driving lambos and you're like how the f did you buy that, and they're like, well I did good in crypto, and I did good in NFTs, or I did great in the stock market. And I just look at myself in the mirror and I'm like, I work 60 hrs a week, and these kids hit 3 buttons on their phone and they live 10x better than me.
    Well why the hell not? Unless you are severely limited, you should be betting and making a lot. I'm talking grinding. Hundreds of wagers per week. You can easily grind that 200 grand in a year or less. But it is time-intensive work.

Goat Milk

Well why the hell not? Unless you are severely limited, you should be betting and making a lot. I'm talking grinding. Hundreds of wagers per week. You can easily grind that 200 grand in a year or less. But it is time-intensive work.
    Not sure man. I don't know if I'm limited but with responsibilties with family and other payments, it'd be hard to suffer a really bad couple months gambling. Like say if I bet a lot then all of the sudden, I'm down 50 grand in 2 months. With your funds you can withstand that but me, I'd be in a jam. I recently parlayed Giannis MVP, Adebayo DPOY, and the Oilers to win it all. 25 to win like 50 grand or something lol.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    Buy tsla, Nio
    What am I gonna make off Tesla bro? Throw in 10 grand to win like 6 grand 3 years from now, then pay taxes on it? Not even worth the stress.

homie1975

post earnings today:
    CAT (caterpillar) down 3.50% in trading hours, pretty much flat in AH.
    fell short on earnings but Rev beat.

AMD had a better quarter than what was feared and they were up 3.75 in the session and in the post they are up ~1.75% currently.

homie1975

tomorrow is the Fed decision.
    we are all expecting .25 basis points.

what will be interesting is what Jerome says about the forward outlook from the Fed's standpoint.

will he remain hawkish or will any dove sentiment be in the wind ??

homie1975

You're right man. I wish I would have listened to you. Yes, I was in NET when it was nothing, then could have cashed it out for 200 a share. I was in Amarin when it was under 2 dollars, it went to 25 dollars, never sold it. So many biotechs 300% gains and even much more. I bought medmen, the weed dispo company, at pennies, I'm talking 12 cents or something, and it went to a dollar 50 or something, never sold it. And then something like trvn, bought it at like 50 cents, went to 3 dollars and 50 cents, never sold, then reverse split, reverse split, and now? Worthless. Bro, so many. I think about it everyday cause I'm not a millionaire like some of you. That 240 thousand would have made a big difference in my life.
    but you will be because you learned this lesson just like i have.

when those stocks or crypto or whatever take a line straight north or northwest at a sharp angle, they are most likely coming back down so jump off that space ship a little at a time or even half all at once, just to lock in those gains, especially on the high growth and speculative stuff.

i would recommend TQQQ and SOXL or TECL for quick hitters but those are 3 and 4 times leveraged ETF's and you can enjoy big daily and weekly gains and also big losses as well .

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10358

75 bps, kill them all !!

navyblue81

Depends on how much you’re betting/investing with. If I start out with $100, I’d say it’s easier to make some money short term betting. It took me a couple months, but I’ve gotten that $100 up to $1.5k on wins. Believe it or not, I’ve done it on TT. Just do a lot of research on matches. But if you have $10k, I’d say it’s easier to make faster money investing. You can double that to $20k in a week in the stock market with the right research and advice. Then double it to $40k the following week. So it all depends how much you’re playing with.

I would really love to settle down and day trade. Just don’t have the time
    and financially I’m hurting a bit. But man, some of these people who do it makes thousands and thousands in a week…hell a day. They buy low and sell high all day long.
    Last edited by navyblue81; 01-31-23 at 06:45 PM.

homie1975

Depends on how much you’re betting/investing with. If I start out with $100, I’d say it’s easier to make some money short term betting. It took me a couple months, but I’ve gotten that $100 up to $1.5k on wins. Believe it or not, I’ve done it on TT. Just do a lot of research on matches. But if you have $10k, I’d say it’s easier to make faster money investing. You can double that to $20k in a week in the stock market with the right research and advice. Then double it to $40k the following week. So it all depends how much you’re playing with.

and financially I’m hurting a bit. But man, some of these people who do it makes thousands and thousands in a week…hell a day. They buy low and sell high all day long.
    Studies have shown that more than 97% of day traders lose money over time, and less than 1% of day traders are actually profitable.Oct 20, 2022

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Maybe you can, not me.

$10k ain't shit. I need way more than that for my sportsbetting, but a factor of a lot. But not as much as I have funded now. I need to withdraw some and play the market, but I suck at that. I'm so bad I'll probably just a buy a CD or some shit.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Studies have shown that more than 97% of day traders lose money over time, and less than 1% of day traders are actually profitable.Oct 20, 2022
    I'm sure studies show that only 1% of sportsbettors are actually profitable. But it's easy to win. So I'm sure daytrading is easy to some. Just a mystery to me. Sports trading is so much easier because it's not just one market to buy. You got a whole menu.

Slurry Pumper

Good Morning SBR, today I expect nothing to happen until the Fed trouts on out and tells us what we already know. He's raising the rates a .25%. Then the markets will react, the wrong way initially as we learn from Trobin31, and finally the way it will need to go. I'm already loaded up for end of week and longer term PUTS in the SPY, IWM, and of course my favorite QQQ. This morning with the futures down slightly, I'm inclined to hedge a little bit by getting some of those CALLS that expire at the end of the day. The market isn't going to fall apart before the FED, and if anything will float up into the announcement.

Chiefs83
    Update your status
    Chiefs83's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1571

Should I add to BRZU

homie1975

Bazooka Jay Powell bringing ants to our picnic today...........

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

It's a Holy Shit rally.

homie1975

It's a Holy Shit rally.

yeah, shook it off and mkt liked what he said about los futuros...

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

yeah, shook it off and mkt liked what he said about los futuros...
    It's both good and bad. Good that current holdings go up. Bad that I want to buy some stonks and now it costs more.

First ... 368369370371372373374 ... Last