1. #8226
    chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-02-10
    Posts: 33,629

    Quote Originally Posted by Lineman View Post
    you guys failed to mention NBAC...come on now, don't fall asleep at the wheel...: ))
    Reminds me of the 90s this market, exciting times.....
    Just got in couple of more stuff yesterday and today, posted the charts in tradingview.
    Happy turkeys!

    have it on watch list. was between that and lgvw. Figured i had enough in ev's. good luck.

  2. #8227
    chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-02-10
    Posts: 33,629

    thank god for tsla and nio or would of had a bloody nose.

  3. #8228
    chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-02-10
    Posts: 33,629

    just bought more sbe,nio,wkhs and xpev

  4. #8229
    navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-29-13
    Posts: 3,514
    Betpoints: 5638

    Curious peopleís thoughts on SNOWFLAKe. I just put a big investment into it...got it at 325. Up 25% in a week and 33% since opening last month. I really like the steady growth over its had and could be a good buy for the holidays.
    Just curious if anyone else is invested in it.
    Last edited by navyblue81; 11-27-20 at 10:12 AM.

  5. #8230
    RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-21-05
    Posts: 30,893
    Betpoints: 12074

    FSLR up another $4.

    Solar. Itís the big winner as Biden goes green deal lite and woke punishes fossil fuels.

  6. #8231
    chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-02-10
    Posts: 33,629

    ccl doing well

  7. #8232
    kaliboyz
    Update your status
    kaliboyz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-30-09
    Posts: 2,753
    Betpoints: 36

    Y'all want some unicorn stocks?

    Research

    TSNP (Paypal wantta be) <=== running crazy
    TSPG ( essential electric vehicle)
    PUGE (covid 3D technology)

  8. #8233
    kaliboyz
    Update your status
    kaliboyz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-30-09
    Posts: 2,753
    Betpoints: 36

    Quote Originally Posted by kaliboyz View Post
    Y'all want some unicorn stocks?

    Research

    TSNP (Paypal wantta be) <=== running crazy
    TSPG ( essential electric vehicle)
    PUGE (covid 3D technology)
    Anyone get in TSNP? Raise your hand.. This shit getting wild..

    I'm in 100,000 shares at .05 ... Up 100%

  9. #8234
    Iona
    Iona's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-08-10
    Posts: 3,656
    Betpoints: 21157


  10. #8235
    Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-18-18
    Posts: 958
    Betpoints: 2536

    Ok I was out playing around last week so I didn't post how my long term positions are doing. The market continues to drift up and I think the greed index is now over 90% bullish which alone is enough for me to say we are heading for a downturn in the market. Of course even after the buys this week, I'm staying mostly on the sidelines playing the UPRO and SPXU with scalp and swing trades. I did substantially increase most of my positions so lets get right to it.

    AQB: AquaBounty Technologies

    This fish growing stock has been trading inside the breakup candle from mid September with $3.80 being pretty strong support. I've got my stop loss at $3.00 so I'm willing to let this one run down a little. I think there are rough waters ahead for the overall market, so at $3.00, that seems like a reasonable level for me to get out. I think that this type of business will be very viable in the future as people are looking for ways to raise meat and meat type stuff. Once we get over the fake meat like things that are really just over processed plants, the public will look for more healthy alternatives and growing fish faster will be right up their alley. My only worry is that I'm about 2 years ahead of my time with this one.

    TOTALS ALL STOCKS 2020 63,491.25 -10,151.25 -2,748.25 136.58
    MONTH NOV IN 29,366.00 ALLOWED -3,271.00 GAIN SO 142.00 TOTAL 0.00
    TOTALS PER STOCK AQB PLAY 3,138.50 LOSS -738.50 FAR 189.50 GAIN 0.00
    MONTH NOV 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00
    STOCKS
    DATE TIME STOCK
    TICKER
    SHARES BEGIN
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    TOTAL
    IN PLAY
    SET
    STOP LOSS
    PRICE
    ALLOWABLE
    LOSS TOTAL
    ALLOW
    LOSS
    % TOTAL
    TODAY'S
    CLOSE/END
    PRICE
    GAIN/LOSS
    SO FAR
    END
    SHARES
    END
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    END
    GAIN/LOSS
    END
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    TOTAL
    GAIN/LOSS
    TOTAL
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 1
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 1
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 1
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 1
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 2
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 2
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 2
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 2
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 3
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 3
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 3
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 3
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    09/23/20 14.55.15 AQB 25 4.17 104.25 3.00 -29.25 -28.06% 4.16 -0.25
    10/20/20 10.34.43 AQB 375 4.07 1,526.25 3.00 -401.25 -26.29% 4.16 33.75
    10/28/20 9.54.34 AQB 400 3.77 1,508.00 3.00 -308.00 -20.42% 4.16 156.00

    As you can see from my chart, I have a little more than 3 dimes on this one so I consider it my speculative stock at this point. If it can get above the breakup candle from September, I will probably add another 3 dimes to it.



    A look at the weekly chart shows that once again the price bounced off of the $3.80 level and trading volume has been higher over the last month. Stochastics are flattening or even starting to rise with the Macd continuing to move north. The trend-o-meter (shown with the volume data) is still in a downtrend but this indicator does lag a few weeks, but it is starting to look flat as well.

    If I'm wrong and the overall market see a Christmas rally this year as what usually happens, this stock may be able to capitalize and start moving north.

    AU: Anglogold Ashanti LTD

    This is a gold mining stock primarily but they do also sell silver, other metals and even sulfuric acid as a by product of their efforts to mine gold. The immediate and far futures are looking good for the entire sector. Gold prices at higher levels than ever historically will only fuel the profits of the mining stocks. Looking at the charts however will show a different story.



    As you can see from the chart, I'm enduring some pain as the down trending channel just keeps moving along. Stochastics are oversold, the Macd is about as low as it gets, trading volume has been pretty steady for awhile now, and the Trend-o-meter is solidly in a down trend. Things look about as bleek as they have been in a while. This is the time I usually like to buy things, when they look as if nobody will ever want them again. I actually doubled my position this week as the chart shows. Later in the week as gold continued to go lower, I noticed that the mining stocks moved up. This is a divergence that hasn't happened in a while so maybe the bottom is starting to appear.

    TOTALS ALL STOCKS 2020 63,491.25 -10,151.25 -2,748.25 136.58
    MONTH NOV IN 29,366.00 ALLOWED -3,271.00 GAIN SO 142.00 TOTAL 0.00
    TOTALS PER STOCK AU PLAY 9,519.00 LOSS -1,715.00 FAR -955.00 GAIN 1,763.98
    MONTH NOV 4,168.00 -266.00 114.00 0.00
    STOCKS
    DATE TIME STOCK
    TICKER
    SHARES BEGIN
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    TOTAL
    IN PLAY
    SET
    STOP LOSS
    PRICE
    ALLOWABLE
    LOSS TOTAL
    ALLOW
    LOSS
    % TOTAL
    TODAY'S
    CLOSE/END
    PRICE
    GAIN/LOSS
    SO FAR
    END
    SHARES
    END
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    END
    GAIN/LOSS
    END
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    TOTAL
    GAIN/LOSS
    TOTAL
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 1
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 1
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 1
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 1
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 2
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 2
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 2
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 2
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 3
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 3
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 3
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 3
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    09/02/20 11.27.15 AU 300 28.01 2,801.00 19.51 -850.00 -30.35% 21.41 -660.00 85 28.51 42.50 1.79% 115 28.57 64.40 2.00%
    10/22/20 15.39.11 AU 100 25.50 2,550.00 19.51 -599.00 -23.49% 21.41 -409.00
    11/24/20 14.15.24 AU 200 20.84 4,168.00 19.51 -266.00 -6.38% 21.41 114.00


    GDX: Vaneck Vectors ETF Trust Gold Miners


    This is a basket of gold mining stocks, and like AU, it too is in a down trending channel although not as steep as AU. The chart shows all of the negative stuff that the AU chart has is and are present with the GDX chart. So what did I do, yep you guessed it, I doubled my position with this one as well.



    And he is the chart.

    TOTALS ALL STOCKS 2020 63,491.25 -10,151.25 -2,748.25 136.58
    MONTH NOV IN 29,366.00 ALLOWED -3,271.00 GAIN SO 142.00 TOTAL 0.00
    TOTALS PER STOCK GDX PLAY 14,622.00 LOSS -3,438.00 FAR -930.00 GAIN 1,706.95
    MONTH NOV 6,730.00 -1,138.00 116.00 0.00
    STOCKS
    DATE TIME STOCK
    TICKER
    SHARES BEGIN
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    TOTAL
    IN PLAY
    SET
    STOP LOSS
    PRICE
    ALLOWABLE
    LOSS TOTAL
    ALLOW
    LOSS
    % TOTAL
    TODAY'S
    CLOSE/END
    PRICE
    GAIN/LOSS
    SO FAR
    END
    SHARES
    END
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    END
    GAIN/LOSS
    END
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    TOTAL
    GAIN/LOSS
    TOTAL
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 1
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 1
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 1
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 1
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 2
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 2
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 2
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 2
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 3
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 3
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 3
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 3
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    09/04/20 10.29.46 GDX 50 39.91 1,995.50 27.96 -597.50 -29.94% 34.23 -284.00
    09/21/20 10.13.53 GDX 50 40.10 2,005.00 27.96 -607.00 -30.27% 34.23 -293.50
    10/22/20 15.50.42 GDX 50 39.20 1,960.00 27.96 -562.00 -28.67% 34.23 -248.50
    10/26/20 11.13.22 GDX 50 38.63 1,931.50 27.96 -533.50 -27.62% 34.23 -220.00
    11/24/20 14.12.15 GDX 200 33.65 6,730.00 27.96 -1,138.00 -16.91% 34.23 116.00

    The stop prices listed for all of these gold and gold miners are just bullshit, I'm not selling these at this point. If it goes down to the stop price listed, that just means I'll be buying more at that level.

    GLD: SPDR Gold Trust ETF

    Gold took a pretty sizable smack down this week, and in all probability there is more down side to come. It seems that the whole investment world is looking to better times ahead and it shows as equities are moving up and Kung Flu vaccines are entering the market. I'm here to say it is all bullshit. The economy has substantial challenges ahead, and I foresee some really rough times coming in the next year. Of course gold is taking a hit. Deflationary times with banks not lending to anyone for any reason is also not going to help. The world is pretty much at peace right now but I think that will start to end and trouble spots around the world will flare up. It's gonna be a rough immediate future for the gold hoarders but we shall have our day in the not too distance future. Cost average down and sit back and wait for the world to go to shit.



    Look at that nasty break down candle that stopped right at the drawn in trend line. Volume didn't really help as it doesn't look like capitulation levels to me yet. Stochastics are still headed down toward the oversold area, and the MACD is about as low as it goes. The Trend-o-meter is doing its job telling me that we are in a down trending channel. So what do I do? Well the price dipped below $170 and I stated several weeks ago that I was a buyer at the $170 level so I doubled my position.

    TOTALS ALL STOCKS 2020 63,491.25 -10,151.25 -2,748.25 136.58
    MONTH NOV IN 29,366.00 ALLOWED -3,271.00 GAIN SO 142.00 TOTAL 0.00
    TOTALS PER STOCK GLD PLAY 34,703.75 LOSS -4,001.75 FAR -1,145.75 GAIN 1,034.28
    MONTH NOV 16,960.00 -1,609.00 -181.00 0.00
    STOCKS
    DATE TIME STOCK
    TICKER
    SHARES BEGIN
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    TOTAL
    IN PLAY
    SET
    STOP LOSS
    PRICE
    ALLOWABLE
    LOSS TOTAL
    ALLOW
    LOSS
    % TOTAL
    TODAY'S
    CLOSE/END
    PRICE
    GAIN/LOSS
    SO FAR
    END
    SHARES
    END
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    END
    GAIN/LOSS
    END
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    TOTAL
    GAIN/LOSS
    TOTAL
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 1
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 1
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 1
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 1
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 2
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 2
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 2
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 2
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 3
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 3
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 3
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 3
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    09/21/20 10.24.51 GLD 100 178.25 13,368.75 153.51 -1,855.50 -13.88% 167.79 -784.50 25 180.63 59.50 1.34%
    09/23/20 13.34.20 GLD 25 175.00 4,375.00 153.51 -537.25 -12.28% 167.79 -180.25
    11/24/20 13.39.32 GLD 100 169.60 16,960.00 153.51 -1,609.00 -9.49% 167.79 -181.00


    Just like with the gold miners, the stop loss doesn't mean shit here either, it just marks the spot where I will buy some more.

    SPH: Suburban Propane Partners LP

    This was my former bank account, but they recently reduced the dividend for this stock to a more sustainable level.



    OK looking at the chart shows that the stock is maintaining a level. I'm a little worried about a stock that didn't make any money but still pays a dividend but I have it under good authority that this will be a dark winter which means it will also be cold so even though all of the macro shit I see says that oil prices will have a hard time rising, I'll hang onto this stock for the foreseeable future. The 2 down trending lines are a long term 10 year month chart look that is still intact.

    TOTALS ALL STOCKS 2020 63,491.25 -10,151.25 -2,748.25 136.58
    MONTH NOV IN 29,366.00 ALLOWED -3,271.00 GAIN SO 142.00 TOTAL 0.00
    TOTALS PER STOCK SPH PLAY 1,508.00 LOSS -258.00 FAR 93.00 GAIN 110.00
    MONTH NOV 1,508.00 -258.00 93.00 110.00
    STOCKS
    DATE TIME STOCK
    TICKER
    SHARES BEGIN
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    TOTAL
    IN PLAY
    SET
    STOP LOSS
    PRICE
    ALLOWABLE
    LOSS TOTAL
    ALLOW
    LOSS
    % TOTAL
    TODAY'S
    CLOSE/END
    PRICE
    GAIN/LOSS
    SO FAR
    END
    SHARES
    END
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    END
    GAIN/LOSS
    END
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    TOTAL
    GAIN/LOSS
    TOTAL
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 1
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 1
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 1
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 1
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 2
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 2
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 2
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 2
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 3
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 3
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 3
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 3
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    11/04/20 15.01.46 SPH 100 15.08 1,508.00 12.50 -258.00 -17.11% 16.01 93.00

    I've only parked $1500 in this stock so I'm not really worried that much about the movement right now but I like to have some shares so that it stays on my radar.


    This week the scanner didn't pick up on anything so I won't be making any scanner picks going into the Christmas season so far. Next week will be a large tell for the rest of the year. I think we start to see some cracks in the bull run here and a pullback will emerge just in time for the holiday festival. The writing is on the wall with the pussy ass lefty states closing down again over the Turkey day celebration, and I didn't see anyone adhering to the rulings given by the states' Kings so that means that the Kung Flu will come back and scare the shyt out of the people who are inclined to care about a non-pandemic level rise in deaths because the pussification of the U.S. is in favor.

    Be well and happy trading.
    Last edited by Slurry Pumper; 11-29-20 at 12:59 PM.

  11. #8236
    RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-21-05
    Posts: 30,893
    Betpoints: 12074

    Good to read your write-up on GLD. You laid out a bearish argument and then said you added under $170.

    I wish I had an opinion worthy of a trade. I saw Goldman or some big house come out and say the rally is not over.

    I kind of think we see more strength after GLD lays in recovery for a few weeks.

  12. #8237
    Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-18-18
    Posts: 958
    Betpoints: 2536

    Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    Good to read your write-up on GLD. You laid out a bearish argument and then said you added under $170.

    I wish I had an opinion worthy of a trade. I saw Goldman or some big house come out and say the rally is not over.

    I kind of think we see more strength after GLD lays in recovery for a few weeks.
    I know it doesn't seem right to be bearish on something and still sink 17 grand into it on the long side. I'm cost averaging down here and will do it again if I have to in the up coming months. I think gold will recover but it may take a while for the recovery. This last week may be enough to shake out all of the weaker trading hands. I'm in this for a long time and if you believe in something, now is the time to step in and buy. Right when everyone doesn't want it.

    For all you bitcoin people, I hope you all took profits in the last week. Every time I think I want to go into the bitcoin trade, I see extreme volatility that makes me puss out.

    As far as quick 1 to 2 week trades, I got nothing. I really think we are headed off of a cliff. Well a little cliff anyway. All of this bullishness will end, even in December. Actually I think we will get a sign by the end of this week.

  13. #8238
    RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-21-05
    Posts: 30,893
    Betpoints: 12074

    TSLA over $600

    I'm going to nervously sell some calls. This could be a window dressing stock that funds want to show so may keep finding buyers.

  14. #8239
    chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-02-10
    Posts: 33,629

    Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    TSLA over $600

    I'm going to nervously sell some calls. This could be a window dressing stock that funds want to show so may keep finding buyers.
    On way to at least 650 or 700. Up 500 on this sucker. Dec 14 will be interesting.

  15. #8240
    RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-21-05
    Posts: 30,893
    Betpoints: 12074

    Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    On way to at least 650 or 700. Up 500 on this sucker. Dec 14 will be interesting.
    I'm sticking with $635 but it may prove me wrong. May get there today. LOL

  16. #8241
    navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-29-13
    Posts: 3,514
    Betpoints: 5638

    Nice to wake up to see MARA already up 30% ☺️

  17. #8242
    kaliboyz
    Update your status
    kaliboyz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-30-09
    Posts: 2,753
    Betpoints: 36

    Quote Originally Posted by kaliboyz View Post
    Anyone get in TSNP? Raise your hand.. This shit getting wild..

    I'm in 100,000 shares at .05 ... Up 100%
    penetrating beast

  18. #8243
    chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-02-10
    Posts: 33,629

    Bought l c a today. Not smart move.

  19. #8244
    RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-21-05
    Posts: 30,893
    Betpoints: 12074

    We were due for a little ugliness.

  20. #8245
    navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-29-13
    Posts: 3,514
    Betpoints: 5638

    Up 40% on my portfolio today. Been a good day.

  21. #8246
    Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-16-11
    Posts: 4,197
    Betpoints: 949

    I have Trailing stop loss % on most of my holdings. I've had a few winners but mostly seem to be losing. Today I had NVDA and DOCU stopped out and they both gained after the kick out. Anyone can direct me to information to strategic strategy's?

  22. #8247
    Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-16-11
    Posts: 4,197
    Betpoints: 949

    Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    Up 40% on my portfolio today. Been a good day.
    It would be great if you could let us know what your portfolio consists of and the total amount of it. If my portfolio is 1K and I'm up 40% I'm not so interested.

    My actively traded portfolio is circa 40-50K. I'm down $300 today. Unfortunately my stop loss strategy cost me on NVDA and DOCU.

    I know our strategies differ but clarity would help.

  23. #8248
    rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-20-05
    Posts: 21,768
    Betpoints: 17365

    That Babyf is doing well up like 7% every day. Seems like a good product with no competition. Most my other portfolio down today but still up.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/18/2021

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/14/2021


  24. #8249
    Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-18-18
    Posts: 958
    Betpoints: 2536

    Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    I have Trailing stop loss % on most of my holdings. I've had a few winners but mostly seem to be losing. Today I had NVDA and DOCU stopped out and they both gained after the kick out. Anyone can direct me to information to strategic strategy's?
    I don't know of a place to get strategic strategy awareness education although I'm sure there are allot of web sites out there to learn from. I typically like to use a break up or down candle to set my stop losses. I also use levels of support by placing my stop loss just under a level of support by a few cents, then place a stipulation on the sale that it doesn't happen unless the hourly close of that particular candle is below my stop loss price. This saves me about 80% of the time against fast spiking equities that have a daily moment of one way or the other. The other 20% however is price can go way down over the course of an hour and the other side of the coin is you will sell at an even lower cost that you thought you wanted to.

    I would check to see where support is at about the amount you are willing to lose on a stock and place a stop loss there, then make what they call a OCO (One Cancels the Other) order and pick a profit that you would think is reasonable for a specified amount of time and maybe sell half a position at that level.

    For instance, on my daily scalp and swing trades, I typically hop in on a stock, (lately its been UPRO and SPXU) at a predefined level. I have a minimum amount or percentage that I take a profit at. I set a OCO order to sell all at a stop price that I'm willing to lose for the trade, and the other side of that trade is a sale of half the position on a pre-targeted price level. If the price hits my stop loss, I'm all the way out, but if it hits my minimum profit target, I'm half way out. This way I can reset my stop loss right above my original entry point and set a trailing stop to let the rest run.
    So where the break up or break down candle comes in is: Usually after a break up/down candle is put in, there will be some inside trading, so a break up candle runs up to a level then the price kind of hangs out for a little while not really going down or up but creating a bullish flag type of pattern. I get in and place a stop at the lower end or just under the low of the break up candle. The closer you are to the bottom of that candle when you enter, the lower your loss will be when the price breaks down below that candle if you're wrong. If you're right the price will gain energy and break out above the breakup candle again to run some more.

  25. #8250
    navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-29-13
    Posts: 3,514
    Betpoints: 5638

    Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    It would be great if you could let us know what your portfolio consists of and the total amount of it. If my portfolio is 1K and I'm up 40% I'm not so interested.

    My actively traded portfolio is circa 40-50K. I'm down $300 today. Unfortunately my stop loss strategy cost me on NVDA and DOCU.

    I know our strategies differ but clarity would help.
    Iíve stated my portfolio on here. MARA is why I had such a big day. Thatís my short term play although Iíve had it for a week now. Also have AAPL and TTD long-term.

  26. #8251
    Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-16-11
    Posts: 4,197
    Betpoints: 949

    Quote Originally Posted by Slurry Pumper View Post
    I don't know of a place to get strategic strategy awareness education although I'm sure there are allot of web sites out there to learn from. I typically like to use a break up or down candle to set my stop losses. I also use levels of support by placing my stop loss just under a level of support by a few cents, then place a stipulation on the sale that it doesn't happen unless the hourly close of that particular candle is below my stop loss price. This saves me about 80% of the time against fast spiking equities that have a daily moment of one way or the other. The other 20% however is price can go way down over the course of an hour and the other side of the coin is you will sell at an even lower cost that you thought you wanted to.

    I would check to see where support is at about the amount you are willing to lose on a stock and place a stop loss there, then make what they call a OCO (One Cancels the Other) order and pick a profit that you would think is reasonable for a specified amount of time and maybe sell half a position at that level.

    For instance, on my daily scalp and swing trades, I typically hop in on a stock, (lately its been UPRO and SPXU) at a predefined level. I have a minimum amount or percentage that I take a profit at. I set a OCO order to sell all at a stop price that I'm willing to lose for the trade, and the other side of that trade is a sale of half the position on a pre-targeted price level. If the price hits my stop loss, I'm all the way out, but if it hits my minimum profit target, I'm half way out. This way I can reset my stop loss right above my original entry point and set a trailing stop to let the rest run.
    So where the break up or break down candle comes in is: Usually after a break up/down candle is put in, there will be some inside trading, so a break up candle runs up to a level then the price kind of hangs out for a little while not really going down or up but creating a bullish flag type of pattern. I get in and place a stop at the lower end or just under the low of the break up candle. The closer you are to the bottom of that candle when you enter, the lower your loss will be when the price breaks down below that candle if you're wrong. If you're right the price will gain energy and break out above the breakup candle again to run some more.
    I can't thank you enough for your help, however you are way over my head with the technicals.

    All my best,

  27. #8252
    Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-16-11
    Posts: 4,197
    Betpoints: 949

    Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    I’ve stated my portfolio on here. MARA is why I had such a big day. That’s my short term play although I’ve had it for a week now. Also have AAPL and TTD long-term.
    .

    I peeked at MARA today. Seems like the ship has sailed??

  28. #8253
    slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-01-15
    Posts: 5,612
    Betpoints: 4714

    Bought COCP today. NTLA has been spectacular.

  29. #8254
    navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-29-13
    Posts: 3,514
    Betpoints: 5638

    Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    .

    I peeked at MARA today. Seems like the ship has sailed??
    Went up almost 50% today. I think itís still sailing, at least I hope so haha.
    Bitcoin just a train that keeps picking up speed.

    I hate playing med stocks, but you have to wonder if Moderna is going to go through the roof here the next few weeks.

  30. #8255
    Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-15-09
    Posts: 26,842

    BTZI MARA
    RIOT NPPTF
    BTCS XNET
    HVBTF FINV CDE
    HUTMF BKLLF HL
    DTMXF FGNA warrants
    BBKCF SNSFF BTBT
    DOFSQ VKIN SB
    short LB

  31. #8256
    navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-29-13
    Posts: 3,514
    Betpoints: 5638

    I put my $10k into my kidís college fund 8 months ago into TTD. Just checked it this morning. Itís now $23k!

    God I love TTD. Been one of the best decisions I made.

  32. #8257
    chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-02-10
    Posts: 33,629

    roy check out aiv

  33. #8258
    RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-21-05
    Posts: 30,893
    Betpoints: 12074

    Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    roy check out aiv

    Yeaaaaaaaaaa.

    I'm not ready for this group yet.


    Today's Top 10 Performing Equity Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) Stocks


    • as of 10:22 AM ET 12/01/2020
    • Refresh

    Symbol Security Type Price Performance Today Equity Summary Score
    SKT
    Common Stock (REIT) +6.35% Neutral (6.5)
    CXW Common Stock (REIT) +6.06% Bearish (1.3)
    WPG

    Common Stock (REIT) +5.88% N/A
    AFIN Common Stock +5.56% Bearish (1.3)
    SRG

    Common Stock (REIT) +5.55% N/A
    XHR

    Common Stock (REIT) +5.54% Very Bearish (0.7)
    WSR Common Stock (REIT) +5.28% Bearish (2.6)
    RLJ
    Common Stock (REIT) +5.27% Very Bearish (0.1)
    SVC Common Stock (REIT) +4.47% Very Bearish (0.5)
    CIO
    Common Stock (REIT) +4.45% Bearish (1.8)


    I've built some spots in AGNC, NLY and your old buddy NRZ. I like the mortgage paper mills.

    But not ready to buy the brick and mortar stuff just yet.

  34. #8259
    Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-16-11
    Posts: 4,197
    Betpoints: 949

    Quote Originally Posted by Slurry Pumper View Post
    Ok I was out playing around last week so I didn't post how my long term positions are doing. The market continues to drift up and I think the greed index is now over 90% bullish which alone is enough for me to say we are heading for a downturn in the market. Of course even after the buys this week, I'm staying mostly on the sidelines playing the UPRO and SPXU with scalp and swing trades. I did substantially increase most of my positions so lets get right to it.

    AQB: AquaBounty Technologies

    This fish growing stock has been trading inside the breakup candle from mid September with $3.80 being pretty strong support. I've got my stop loss at $3.00 so I'm willing to let this one run down a little. I think there are rough waters ahead for the overall market, so at $3.00, that seems like a reasonable level for me to get out. I think that this type of business will be very viable in the future as people are looking for ways to raise meat and meat type stuff. Once we get over the fake meat like things that are really just over processed plants, the public will look for more healthy alternatives and growing fish faster will be right up their alley. My only worry is that I'm about 2 years ahead of my time with this one.

    TOTALS ALL STOCKS 2020 63,491.25 -10,151.25 -2,748.25 136.58
    MONTH NOV IN 29,366.00 ALLOWED -3,271.00 GAIN SO 142.00 TOTAL 0.00
    TOTALS PER STOCK AQB PLAY 3,138.50 LOSS -738.50 FAR 189.50 GAIN 0.00
    MONTH NOV 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00
    STOCKS
    DATE TIME STOCK
    TICKER
    SHARES BEGIN
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    TOTAL
    IN PLAY
    SET
    STOP LOSS
    PRICE
    ALLOWABLE
    LOSS TOTAL
    ALLOW
    LOSS
    % TOTAL
    TODAY'S
    CLOSE/END
    PRICE
    GAIN/LOSS
    SO FAR
    END
    SHARES
    END
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    END
    GAIN/LOSS
    END
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    TOTAL
    GAIN/LOSS
    TOTAL
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 1
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 1
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 1
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 1
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 2
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 2
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 2
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 2
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 3
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 3
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 3
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 3
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    09/23/20 14.55.15 AQB 25 4.17 104.25 3.00 -29.25 -28.06% 4.16 -0.25
    10/20/20 10.34.43 AQB 375 4.07 1,526.25 3.00 -401.25 -26.29% 4.16 33.75
    10/28/20 9.54.34 AQB 400 3.77 1,508.00 3.00 -308.00 -20.42% 4.16 156.00

    As you can see from my chart, I have a little more than 3 dimes on this one so I consider it my speculative stock at this point. If it can get above the breakup candle from September, I will probably add another 3 dimes to it.



    A look at the weekly chart shows that once again the price bounced off of the $3.80 level and trading volume has been higher over the last month. Stochastics are flattening or even starting to rise with the Macd continuing to move north. The trend-o-meter (shown with the volume data) is still in a downtrend but this indicator does lag a few weeks, but it is starting to look flat as well.

    If I'm wrong and the overall market see a Christmas rally this year as what usually happens, this stock may be able to capitalize and start moving north.

    AU: Anglogold Ashanti LTD

    This is a gold mining stock primarily but they do also sell silver, other metals and even sulfuric acid as a by product of their efforts to mine gold. The immediate and far futures are looking good for the entire sector. Gold prices at higher levels than ever historically will only fuel the profits of the mining stocks. Looking at the charts however will show a different story.



    As you can see from the chart, I'm enduring some pain as the down trending channel just keeps moving along. Stochastics are oversold, the Macd is about as low as it gets, trading volume has been pretty steady for awhile now, and the Trend-o-meter is solidly in a down trend. Things look about as bleek as they have been in a while. This is the time I usually like to buy things, when they look as if nobody will ever want them again. I actually doubled my position this week as the chart shows. Later in the week as gold continued to go lower, I noticed that the mining stocks moved up. This is a divergence that hasn't happened in a while so maybe the bottom is starting to appear.

    TOTALS ALL STOCKS 2020 63,491.25 -10,151.25 -2,748.25 136.58
    MONTH NOV IN 29,366.00 ALLOWED -3,271.00 GAIN SO 142.00 TOTAL 0.00
    TOTALS PER STOCK AU PLAY 9,519.00 LOSS -1,715.00 FAR -955.00 GAIN 1,763.98
    MONTH NOV 4,168.00 -266.00 114.00 0.00
    STOCKS
    DATE TIME STOCK
    TICKER
    SHARES BEGIN
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    TOTAL
    IN PLAY
    SET
    STOP LOSS
    PRICE
    ALLOWABLE
    LOSS TOTAL
    ALLOW
    LOSS
    % TOTAL
    TODAY'S
    CLOSE/END
    PRICE
    GAIN/LOSS
    SO FAR
    END
    SHARES
    END
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    END
    GAIN/LOSS
    END
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    TOTAL
    GAIN/LOSS
    TOTAL
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 1
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 1
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 1
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 1
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 2
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 2
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 2
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 2
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 3
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 3
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 3
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 3
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    09/02/20 11.27.15 AU 300 28.01 2,801.00 19.51 -850.00 -30.35% 21.41 -660.00 85 28.51 42.50 1.79% 115 28.57 64.40 2.00%
    10/22/20 15.39.11 AU 100 25.50 2,550.00 19.51 -599.00 -23.49% 21.41 -409.00
    11/24/20 14.15.24 AU 200 20.84 4,168.00 19.51 -266.00 -6.38% 21.41 114.00


    GDX: Vaneck Vectors ETF Trust Gold Miners


    This is a basket of gold mining stocks, and like AU, it too is in a down trending channel although not as steep as AU. The chart shows all of the negative stuff that the AU chart has is and are present with the GDX chart. So what did I do, yep you guessed it, I doubled my position with this one as well.



    And he is the chart.

    TOTALS ALL STOCKS 2020 63,491.25 -10,151.25 -2,748.25 136.58
    MONTH NOV IN 29,366.00 ALLOWED -3,271.00 GAIN SO 142.00 TOTAL 0.00
    TOTALS PER STOCK GDX PLAY 14,622.00 LOSS -3,438.00 FAR -930.00 GAIN 1,706.95
    MONTH NOV 6,730.00 -1,138.00 116.00 0.00
    STOCKS
    DATE TIME STOCK
    TICKER
    SHARES BEGIN
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    TOTAL
    IN PLAY
    SET
    STOP LOSS
    PRICE
    ALLOWABLE
    LOSS TOTAL
    ALLOW
    LOSS
    % TOTAL
    TODAY'S
    CLOSE/END
    PRICE
    GAIN/LOSS
    SO FAR
    END
    SHARES
    END
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    END
    GAIN/LOSS
    END
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    TOTAL
    GAIN/LOSS
    TOTAL
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 1
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 1
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 1
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 1
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 2
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 2
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 2
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 2
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 3
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 3
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 3
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 3
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    09/04/20 10.29.46 GDX 50 39.91 1,995.50 27.96 -597.50 -29.94% 34.23 -284.00
    09/21/20 10.13.53 GDX 50 40.10 2,005.00 27.96 -607.00 -30.27% 34.23 -293.50
    10/22/20 15.50.42 GDX 50 39.20 1,960.00 27.96 -562.00 -28.67% 34.23 -248.50
    10/26/20 11.13.22 GDX 50 38.63 1,931.50 27.96 -533.50 -27.62% 34.23 -220.00
    11/24/20 14.12.15 GDX 200 33.65 6,730.00 27.96 -1,138.00 -16.91% 34.23 116.00

    The stop prices listed for all of these gold and gold miners are just bullshit, I'm not selling these at this point. If it goes down to the stop price listed, that just means I'll be buying more at that level.

    GLD: SPDR Gold Trust ETF

    Gold took a pretty sizable smack down this week, and in all probability there is more down side to come. It seems that the whole investment world is looking to better times ahead and it shows as equities are moving up and Kung Flu vaccines are entering the market. I'm here to say it is all bullshit. The economy has substantial challenges ahead, and I foresee some really rough times coming in the next year. Of course gold is taking a hit. Deflationary times with banks not lending to anyone for any reason is also not going to help. The world is pretty much at peace right now but I think that will start to end and trouble spots around the world will flare up. It's gonna be a rough immediate future for the gold hoarders but we shall have our day in the not too distance future. Cost average down and sit back and wait for the world to go to shit.



    Look at that nasty break down candle that stopped right at the drawn in trend line. Volume didn't really help as it doesn't look like capitulation levels to me yet. Stochastics are still headed down toward the oversold area, and the MACD is about as low as it goes. The Trend-o-meter is doing its job telling me that we are in a down trending channel. So what do I do? Well the price dipped below $170 and I stated several weeks ago that I was a buyer at the $170 level so I doubled my position.

    TOTALS ALL STOCKS 2020 63,491.25 -10,151.25 -2,748.25 136.58
    MONTH NOV IN 29,366.00 ALLOWED -3,271.00 GAIN SO 142.00 TOTAL 0.00
    TOTALS PER STOCK GLD PLAY 34,703.75 LOSS -4,001.75 FAR -1,145.75 GAIN 1,034.28
    MONTH NOV 16,960.00 -1,609.00 -181.00 0.00
    STOCKS
    DATE TIME STOCK
    TICKER
    SHARES BEGIN
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    TOTAL
    IN PLAY
    SET
    STOP LOSS
    PRICE
    ALLOWABLE
    LOSS TOTAL
    ALLOW
    LOSS
    % TOTAL
    TODAY'S
    CLOSE/END
    PRICE
    GAIN/LOSS
    SO FAR
    END
    SHARES
    END
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    END
    GAIN/LOSS
    END
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    TOTAL
    GAIN/LOSS
    TOTAL
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 1
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 1
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 1
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 1
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 2
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 2
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 2
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 2
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 3
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 3
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 3
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 3
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    09/21/20 10.24.51 GLD 100 178.25 13,368.75 153.51 -1,855.50 -13.88% 167.79 -784.50 25 180.63 59.50 1.34%
    09/23/20 13.34.20 GLD 25 175.00 4,375.00 153.51 -537.25 -12.28% 167.79 -180.25
    11/24/20 13.39.32 GLD 100 169.60 16,960.00 153.51 -1,609.00 -9.49% 167.79 -181.00


    Just like with the gold miners, the stop loss doesn't mean shit here either, it just marks the spot where I will buy some more.

    SPH: Suburban Propane Partners LP

    This was my former bank account, but they recently reduced the dividend for this stock to a more sustainable level.



    OK looking at the chart shows that the stock is maintaining a level. I'm a little worried about a stock that didn't make any money but still pays a dividend but I have it under good authority that this will be a dark winter which means it will also be cold so even though all of the macro shit I see says that oil prices will have a hard time rising, I'll hang onto this stock for the foreseeable future. The 2 down trending lines are a long term 10 year month chart look that is still intact.

    TOTALS ALL STOCKS 2020 63,491.25 -10,151.25 -2,748.25 136.58
    MONTH NOV IN 29,366.00 ALLOWED -3,271.00 GAIN SO 142.00 TOTAL 0.00
    TOTALS PER STOCK SPH PLAY 1,508.00 LOSS -258.00 FAR 93.00 GAIN 110.00
    MONTH NOV 1,508.00 -258.00 93.00 110.00
    STOCKS
    DATE TIME STOCK
    TICKER
    SHARES BEGIN
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    TOTAL
    IN PLAY
    SET
    STOP LOSS
    PRICE
    ALLOWABLE
    LOSS TOTAL
    ALLOW
    LOSS
    % TOTAL
    TODAY'S
    CLOSE/END
    PRICE
    GAIN/LOSS
    SO FAR
    END
    SHARES
    END
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    END
    GAIN/LOSS
    END
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    TOTAL
    GAIN/LOSS
    TOTAL
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 1
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 1
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 1
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 1
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 2
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 2
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 2
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 2
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 3
    SHARES
    PARTIAL 3
    BUY/SELL
    PRICE
    PARTIAL 3
    GAIN/LOSS
    PARTIAL 3
    %
    GAIN/LOSS
    11/04/20 15.01.46 SPH 100 15.08 1,508.00 12.50 -258.00 -17.11% 16.01 93.00

    I've only parked $1500 in this stock so I'm not really worried that much about the movement right now but I like to have some shares so that it stays on my radar.


    This week the scanner didn't pick up on anything so I won't be making any scanner picks going into the Christmas season so far. Next week will be a large tell for the rest of the year. I think we start to see some cracks in the bull run here and a pullback will emerge just in time for the holiday festival. The writing is on the wall with the pussy ass lefty states closing down again over the Turkey day celebration, and I didn't see anyone adhering to the rulings given by the states' Kings so that means that the Kung Flu will come back and scare the shyt out of the people who are inclined to care about a non-pandemic level rise in deaths because the pussification of the U.S. is in favor.

    Be well and happy trading.
    Slurry, been watching Gold for 40 years. Wondering if now is the time to make it part of my portfolio? Do you think GLD is a good place to dip me my toes?

  35. #8260
    Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-16-11
    Posts: 4,197
    Betpoints: 949

    Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    Went up almost 50% today. I think it’s still sailing, at least I hope so haha.
    Bitcoin just a train that keeps picking up speed.

    I hate playing med stocks, but you have to wonder if Moderna is going to go through the roof here the next few weeks.
    Hey, you are way more of a trader than I. I've been in XBI (ETF) as I'm not smart enough to pick one particular biotech and absorb the fluctuations. Not going to the moon but seems a pretty safe place to be.

First ... 233234235236237238239 ... Last
Top