Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Trump orders all retired military subject to active duty. Media silent.

This amendment gives Mattis unrestricted ability to reinstate all retired military personnel
    and non-active, those not even in the reserves, for the first time since Vietnam.

They are identified in codes 688 and 690.
    https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/subtitle-A/part-II/chapter-39

The difference is that without this addition, only "Ready Reserve" could be called up.

Now, it's even NON-READY. This is as deep as it goes before a draft, which requires Congress.

This marks an abillity not even granted on 2001 order, after 9/11.

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1601 et seq.), and in furtherance of the objectives of Proclamation 7463 of September 14, 2001 (Declaration of National Emergency by Reason of Certain Terrorist Attacks), which declared a national emergency by reason of the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, in New York and Pennsylvania and against the Pentagon, and the continuing and immediate threat of further attacks on the United States, and in order to provide the Secretary of Defense additional authority to manage personnel requirements in a manner consistent with the authorization provided in Executive Order 13223 of September 14, 2001 (Ordering the Ready Reserve of the Armed Forces to Active Duty and Delegating Certain Authorities to the Secretary of Defense and the Secretary of Transportation), it is hereby ordered as follows:
    Section 1. Amendment to Executive Order 13223. Section 1 of Executive Order 13223 is amended by adding at the end: "The authorities available for use during a national emergency under sections 688 and 690 of title 10, United States Code, are also invoked and made available, according to their terms, to the Secretary concerned, subject in the case of the Secretaries of the Army, Navy, and Air Force, to the direction of the Secretary of Defense."

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11854

Snowball

And the order is already being applied on DAY ONE of signing !

2h - USA TODAY -

Air Force will recall as many as 1,000 retired pilots to address serious shortage

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

This is penetrating bs and if I was retired I'd go tell them to go pound sand. How is there a shortage of Air Force pilots though? That's strange that they would have a shortage since joining the Air Force is like living at a country club compared to joining the Marines. People would be lining up to join if it they would accept more people.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20433

That's what we need. A bunch of blind, deaf, old farts running around with rifles.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

I wonder is all the dramatic cultural changes and accomadations made in the past 10 years for gays, trans, women et all to join the military has actually driven away respective recruits.

I can growing up, fascinated with the culture and mystic of the servuces, to have that infatuation stripped away by Obama era changes and instead going into private.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOL they better be drafting. I want videos of jj bootcamp

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

If we go to.war with n Korea this.could be the end..there arsenal.is deadly

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Didn't [you] say he was former military? Guess we will be seeing less of him now. Good luck bro, give em hell!

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

If we went to war with N Korea, we'd send two planes, 6 Navy Seals and it would be over by end of day

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

deadly but very short range

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Tremendous move

Wheatgrass
    Wheatgrass's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 728

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    If we went to war with N Korea, we'd send two planes, 6 Navy Seals and it would be over by end of day
    until they sneak a few nukes into shipping containers and vaporize LA, NY and Washington

Trump is bad for world peace

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by Wheatgrass View Post
    until they sneak a few nukes into shipping containers and vaporize LA, NY and Washington

Yeah.....no words.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    This amendment gives Mattis unrestricted ability to reinstate all retired military personnel
    and non-active, those not even in the reserves, for the first time since Vietnam.

They are identified in codes 688 and 690.
    https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/subtitle-A/part-II/chapter-39

The difference is that without this addition, only "Ready Reserve" could be called up.

Now, it's even NON-READY. This is as deep as it goes before a draft, which requires Congress.

This marks an abillity not even granted on 2001 order, after 9/11.

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1601 et seq.), and in furtherance of the objectives of Proclamation 7463 of September 14, 2001 (Declaration of National Emergency by Reason of Certain Terrorist Attacks), which declared a national emergency by reason of the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, in New York and Pennsylvania and against the Pentagon, and the continuing and immediate threat of further attacks on the United States, and in order to provide the Secretary of Defense additional authority to manage personnel requirements in a manner consistent with the authorization provided in Executive Order 13223 of September 14, 2001 (Ordering the Ready Reserve of the Armed Forces to Active Duty and Delegating Certain Authorities to the Secretary of Defense and the Secretary of Transportation), it is hereby ordered as follows:
    Section 1. Amendment to Executive Order 13223. Section 1 of Executive Order 13223 is amended by adding at the end: "The authorities available for use during a national emergency under sections 688 and 690 of title 10, United States Code, are also invoked and made available, according to their terms, to the Secretary concerned, subject in the case of the Secretaries of the Army, Navy, and Air Force, to the direction of the Secretary of Defense."
    Do some research. Reagan did this back in the 80's . If u look at your discharge papers we are classified inactive active. In 2008 I was at the waffle house in n. ky.. There was a 53 yr old guy in camo. I knew him from way back in the day. He told me they were forcing him to go back in because of a shortage in his m.o.s.. He told me to go back and look at my discharge papers. Sure enough he was right.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Wheatgrass View Post

If NK has any chance to get a nuke into an American port, it would’ve already been attempted

Do you really believe they could get a nuke onto US soil?

Cuse0323

If NK has any chance to get a nuke into an American port, it would’ve already been attempted

Do you really believe they could get a nuke onto US soil?
    Gonna go with the long con. Hit the Pacific, swing through the Indian, and bring it up the Atlantic to D.C. or NY. Who will ever see it coming?

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

This world is ran by insane people. Afghanistan invasion has no basis. Iraq invasion was based off a lie.. syria nonsense.... having gadhafi killed nonsense... What is north korea doing right now that is so bad? Id I was a foreign state and seen another nation invading countries over false pretenses i'd want nukes for defense as well. The U.S government is ran by a bunch of psychopaths who want full world control who more than likely enjoy watching people get blown up and killed for no reason. Whoever declares these wars should be the first one risking their head on the ground in war if not you know it's bullshit and it's not that serious.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20433

If there was a nuclear war with NK, we'd still be able to make our online bets, right? RIGHT?

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Gonna go with the long con. Hit the Pacific, swing through the Indian, and bring it up the Atlantic to D.C. or NY. Who will ever see it coming?
    I'm just thinking if it was even 0.01% possible, they would've already tried it. So many fail safes would have to fail that if it happens, I'll be the first to say it was our gov't

Cuse0323

I'm just thinking if it was even 0.01% possible, they would've already tried it. So many fail safes would have to fail that if it happens, I'll be the first to say it was our gov't
    Too high on the 0.01%

Better chance of all of us here being winning gamblers.

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

The Air Force asked for up to 1000 non active duty pilots be recalled, they actually asked for this over a year ago when Obama was still President as being reported on CNN. Trump didnt recall anyone he gave the AF top General who was wanting to do this the okay.

later

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Too high on the 0.01%

Better chance of all of us here being winning gamblers.

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by capitalist pig View Post
    The Air Force asked for up to 1000 non active duty pilots be recalled, they actually asked for this over a year ago when Obama was still President as being reported on CNN. Trump didnt recall anyone he gave the AF top General who was wanting to do this the okay.

later
    Both things you said here are wrong. This is an entirely new amendment to Executive Order 13223
    which was signed by George W. Bush after the 9/11 attacks. This new Amendment, which is
    available for viewing on White House homepage, and was signed yesterday, adds two more
    classes to the existing order. The two classes (Title 10, sections 688 and 690)
    include all retired military, not just ready reserve. Trump signed the order.
    HE is recalling, by delegation of authority to Secretary Mattis.
    The powers are NEW. The Air Force callup is NEW.

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8454

Just like the war in afganistan was only going to last a couple of weeks right?

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

NK can't even beat SK...