jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Where Do I find poker backers??

Let's say I go to Vegas or any other state and want to play in a tournament how do I get backers?? I see the pros do it??

I guess they make deals or investments??
    Points Awarded:

cincinnatikid513 gave jjgold 12 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Your only shot

1248714809-panhandler.jpg
    Points Awarded:

BiTeMe UsAdOj gave Vegas39 7 Betpoint(s) for this post.

uvarunthetable
    uvarunthetable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3474

Are your poker skills on par with your capping skills?

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Let's say I go to Vegas or any other state and want to play in a tournament how do I get backers?? I see the pros do it??

There's a heap of sites online where you can sell a piece of yourself.

RGG
    RGG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gonzo View Post
    Yes just be clear it's for poker only.

jjgold

Ok thanks

Reading some books about poker

Might be beatable

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

I'm sorry to say if you don't have game enough to get laid in the past 14 years you probably don't have it to read players or pull off bluffs
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BiTeMe UsAdOj

jjgold

I can read people like books that's why I might be a good poker player better Sports bettor

Plus I am in intimidator like I am on the forum

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

These guys might be poker backers...

image.jpg
    Points Awarded:

sourtwist gave BIGDAY 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

tony_come gave BIGDAY 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BigBusiness

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Rrrrrr. Wait a minute... Wrong kind of poker/backer I think...

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

You sweat like a pig in your videos. The poker pros will take you to the cleaners.

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

JJ, I'll float ya some points........if ya promise to pay me back in $$.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post

image.jpg
    Too funny

TheAntFather
    Enlightenment
    TheAntFather's Avatar Become A Pro!

You just have to show some results. I played a couple of WSOP Circuit Tournaments and cashed 3 Consecutive tourneys in 2013. A couple of my buddies that run Omaha and Holdem games in Houston back me in their own cash games daily. It's a nice living playing cash games at no risk to you. The catch is that you give up 50% of yourself. It still pays the bills.

http://www.wsop.com/players/playerpr...layerID=110888

jjgold

Thanks men taking this all in and will apply if I move to Vegas

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

image.jpg
    I think he said "backers," not "packers."

sinmiedo
    sinmiedo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

let's make a deal JJ. We make a B.R. of 4000 50 /50 You find the mark I play the game!!!!!

jjgold

Sinner are you good ??

If I staked it I would want 80% of your winnings

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Sin good player would BR him without hesitation

Giving JJ money to play poker

sinmiedo

Sinner are you good ??

If I staked it I would want 80% of your winnings
    i m an average player playing 1 2 and 2 5 some times. I feel comfortable in tournaments, specially the las Vegas SNG that the buy in is around 50 to 80, where i won 4 out of 11 that i play last year.
    My only problem is that i m not in Vegas ( where I would LOVE to retire) and due to business commitments will n ot be there till November.
    FYI i still playing with the same BR from 2007 ( started with a freeroll and up and down from 900 to 7000 )

jjgold

Not bad simnar

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

I am moving to vegas within 6 months to start my pro poker career.

Can't wait

sinmiedo

Quote Originally Posted by Iwinyourmoney View Post
    I am moving to vegas within 6 months to start my pro poker career.

Can't wait
    I can not wait to win your money ~~~~
    Good luck and take care of your Bank Roll~~~~~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gonzo View Post
    sounds kind of dirty but after jjs experiences in new york citys dungeon bdsm nite clubs. Im sure jj is up for it

sinmiedo

Not bad simnar
    My suggestion is :
    participate in those chip buy ins tournaments and build your way up. It is easy money with the right strategy, play TA 1 2 punishing the fish, if you follow bank roll control you should be able to make a decent start up within a month .
    Good luck JJ

DigBick86
    Update your status
    DigBick86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6432

Most backers want a proven sample of over 100k hands in HM to back you

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Outside of winning a decent sized event and having backers find you there's not much chance you will find a stake. There are simply too many good investments out there right now for someone to take a shot on an unknown. Especially one that's saying they've read some books and poker seems beatable. You've got to have proven results.

Beware when approached for staking though because I've seen more than one player fall victim to loan shark tactics from shady stakers. Always know the terms before any agreement and if it seems too good to be true walk away. Number one question to ask is the stakers expected makeup percentage and payment terms they will accept. Had a good friend get into trouble when he entered an arrangement ignorant of the fact his backer was expecting 100% makeup on losses and 75% on wins. Won 5k and had to pay 3.8 to his backer, making his hourly rate lower than if he had stuck to stakes he was rolled for in the first place. These days its almost unheard of to deal without makeup on the losses and I'm hearing more and more deals that involve wins too so be aware.

compaqDikk
    compaqDikk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Thanks men taking this all in and will apply if I move to Vegas
    how quickly you forget dumbass you epicly failed at this a decade ago. and what happened to your boy HolyBull and his donut shoppe

"Boys I tried to be a professional player but have failed miserably and most was not my fault. There are too many games where collussion goes on and the rest is pure luck. It is not like sports where my skill wins out. I had so many fukkin hands when I had 3 fukkin aces and get beat on the the final card where the loser gets a full boat and I was playing in $50/&100 tables. I got fukkin buried for 27 Dimes and all because of pure fukkin luck. I am done with this game. You have a better shot shooting dice on the net.

I will be turning my career now to being a professional horse bettor and a professional form reader. I will be using "the sheets" for the few of you that actually know what they are . Horses are so hard to but will try. When I see clowns like Bucky picking winners out of a fukkin hat and know I have a chance. This clown cannot even walk straight.

Will be starting with 10K credit at an undisclosed location with a private deal of 11% rebate. A know a guy that gave me the deal.

Good Luck Boys and be careful playing poker

compaqDikk
    compaqDikk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

thank god i have printouts of all 1.65 million posts by jjcole dating back to 2002. also have 560 hours of youtube footage of him for sale for 22 bitoins. have all the banned accounts, hidden webcams i hacked. you name it

"Boys as you know I have been playing poker professionally since my long vacation from MW. As some can attest I was in contention last week at WSEX in the mw tourney but just got real cold cards as do all pros. Secondly I wiped up a saw called sharp in hockeyguru last week at wsex poker room. He will verify.

My career would not be possible if I do not mention some names here that made it possible for me to dominate the tables. As you know when I first started I was short of cash due to heavy sports loses with my credit facilities a/k/a as Sportman and some small operations in The Nile. Well Sporto even though i owed him around 20 Dimes at the time actually fronted me 3 dimes to start my poker career. A recent update I actually am in the Blue at his shop due to huge parlay wheels involving some nice dogs early and wheeling them with home team coast games and I cashed big. Thanks Sporto and lets up the settle to 10 Dimes blue or red. I will actually give you a break now and lets wait if I can get a 10k blue.

Minnow is the one that taught me the game of poker over the phone and in private chats and intense web cam settings. She is pretty good at the game and actually gave me stratwgies on how to win women over with my charm and power.

Yes Peckle fronted me 2 Dimes at Party Poker and that was nice of him. I blew the money but will pay him back. Peckle i swear if you put me on your sheet at a 3k settle i will do anything you want and I mean anything. Use your imagination Son.

Holy (Squares) Bull thanks for the 1k at the start it will not be forgotten.

Big Boy Dan!!! Get this!! 10KK!! This fukker is big time, thanks Danny!!

Buck Swope. $800 with interest. Strange kid but thanks!!

Peep?? Guy has cash and he is a fukkin clown. I get a fed-ex from him and my rooster is falling of right now, 4 bowling pins!! I was cursing like a mother fukker calling him cheap and shit but little did I know he had about $2200 in 100 $$ bills!!! Oh yes and he throws in a small 22 caliber!!! Thank You Pepe!!!

ABB- This nut sends me two hot golf sets that I sold on E-bay for a total of $1400 clams and was helpful in getting me started.

Total Square gave me a poker jacket with my name engraved in gold and under it he had "big time" Thanks Johnny.

Altice thanks for the $600 3 weeks ago when I was going bad at WSEX poker rooms. I blew it all real fast only because some clown dared me to call him and raise him. I had fukkin nothing but I did not want to back down.

Stevo- Actually gave me a stock and I have a street broker that I play on credit with and I scored 7k!!!!! Nice job guy!!!

Clams- This nut has 4 kids and shit and is broke and still came up with a nickel for me. Well he is the only guy I paid back and through in another $400 actually because well I fear that nut and you do not know what he will do next. One day he is sweet and talks weird shit about swingers and shit and the next hour he is talking shit he is going to blow someone's head off, well a wacky mother fukker.

Neilm The guy goes to me "jj I do not loan money out but just follow my hockey plays and you will be fine." I won over $2300 in the playoffs. Thanks Nelly!!

Blue gave me $600 from his wsex account and I played with that. Thanks guy.

Fishhead??????? I thought this roosterlicker was my friend?? He told me 4 fukkin times he was broke and had no money and get this boys the roosterlicker was in a $30/60 room and had $8000 in his account. What a clown, fukkem!! He said he would give me bases winner and hammered me at Bet Atlantic.

The Major?? I asked him for a dime and he told me I blew it when I got banned .. Oh well.

Kris, the poor kid does not have much and gets barreled in almost every night like me but forked up $400. Thanks guy

It is amazing how my Sons and Daughters here have forked up cash for me to play poker professionally. I can only play with like 2 Dimes in my account and have to play in $30/60 games mainly although i do play in small stakes sometimes to sharpen my skills and fuk around with the chicks in the chat feature. I love telling to chicks about my rod and shit and they love it!!

Well I still owe most of you guys but cash is flowing your way next week. It will be in increments.

The bottom line?? I am currently down about $17,400 in poker but again as you all know pros go down at times too. My game is sharp and tough to knock of of tourneys. If anyone is interested in $100/200 one on one games I will play (no limit hold-em)

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by compaqDikk View Post
    thank god i have printouts of all 1.65 million posts by jjcole dating back to 2002. also have 560 hours of youtube footage of him for sale for 22 bitoins. have all the banned accounts, hidden webcams i hacked. you name it

"Boys as you know I have been playing poker professionally since my long vacation from MW. As some can attest I was in contention last week at WSEX in the mw tourney but just got real cold cards as do all pros. Secondly I wiped up a saw called sharp in hockeyguru last week at wsex poker room. He will verify.

My career would not be possible if I do not mention some names here that made it possible for me to dominate the tables. As you know when I first started I was short of cash due to heavy sports loses with my credit facilities a/k/a as Sportman and some small operations in The Nile. Well Sporto even though i owed him around 20 Dimes at the time actually fronted me 3 dimes to start my poker career. A recent update I actually am in the Blue at his shop due to huge parlay wheels involving some nice dogs early and wheeling them with home team coast games and I cashed big. Thanks Sporto and lets up the settle to 10 Dimes blue or red. I will actually give you a break now and lets wait if I can get a 10k blue.

Minnow is the one that taught me the game of poker over the phone and in private chats and intense web cam settings. She is pretty good at the game and actually gave me stratwgies on how to win women over with my charm and power.

Yes Peckle fronted me 2 Dimes at Party Poker and that was nice of him. I blew the money but will pay him back. Peckle i swear if you put me on your sheet at a 3k settle i will do anything you want and I mean anything. Use your imagination Son.

Holy (Squares) Bull thanks for the 1k at the start it will not be forgotten.

Big Boy Dan!!! Get this!! 10KK!! This fukker is big time, thanks Danny!!

Buck Swope. $800 with interest. Strange kid but thanks!!

Peep?? Guy has cash and he is a fukkin clown. I get a fed-ex from him and my rooster is falling of right now, 4 bowling pins!! I was cursing like a mother fukker calling him cheap and shit but little did I know he had about $2200 in 100 $$ bills!!! Oh yes and he throws in a small 22 caliber!!! Thank You Pepe!!!

ABB- This nut sends me two hot golf sets that I sold on E-bay for a total of $1400 clams and was helpful in getting me started.

Total Square gave me a poker jacket with my name engraved in gold and under it he had "big time" Thanks Johnny.

Altice thanks for the $600 3 weeks ago when I was going bad at WSEX poker rooms. I blew it all real fast only because some clown dared me to call him and raise him. I had fukkin nothing but I did not want to back down.

Stevo- Actually gave me a stock and I have a street broker that I play on credit with and I scored 7k!!!!! Nice job guy!!!

Clams- This nut has 4 kids and shit and is broke and still came up with a nickel for me. Well he is the only guy I paid back and through in another $400 actually because well I fear that nut and you do not know what he will do next. One day he is sweet and talks weird shit about swingers and shit and the next hour he is talking shit he is going to blow someone's head off, well a wacky mother fukker.

Neilm The guy goes to me "jj I do not loan money out but just follow my hockey plays and you will be fine." I won over $2300 in the playoffs. Thanks Nelly!!

Blue gave me $600 from his wsex account and I played with that. Thanks guy.

Fishhead??????? I thought this roosterlicker was my friend?? He told me 4 fukkin times he was broke and had no money and get this boys the roosterlicker was in a $30/60 room and had $8000 in his account. What a clown, fukkem!! He said he would give me bases winner and hammered me at Bet Atlantic.

The Major?? I asked him for a dime and he told me I blew it when I got banned .. Oh well.

Kris, the poor kid does not have much and gets barreled in almost every night like me but forked up $400. Thanks guy

It is amazing how my Sons and Daughters here have forked up cash for me to play poker professionally. I can only play with like 2 Dimes in my account and have to play in $30/60 games mainly although i do play in small stakes sometimes to sharpen my skills and fuk around with the chicks in the chat feature. I love telling to chicks about my rod and shit and they love it!!

Well I still owe most of you guys but cash is flowing your way next week. It will be in increments.

The bottom line?? I am currently down about $17,400 in poker but again as you all know pros go down at times too. My game is sharp and tough to knock of of tourneys. If anyone is interested in $100/200 one on one games I will play (no limit hold-em)
    you do have every post I ever made

lamichaeljames
    lamichaeljames's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

you do have every post I ever made
    WOW...

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

Come to the Playground club and i'll back you in 2 sessions,we'll see what you can do.

At the same time i'll give you a tour of a few of the online books left here. Bodog,sports interaction,etc etc.

http://www.playgroundpoker.ca/

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money
    BigBusiness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

I can read people like books that's why I might be a good poker player better Sports bettor
    Read people like books in poker? what is this? 1999?

jjgold

what kind of liquidity in Montreal??

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

image.jpg

12 Last