Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

didn't he already sit out during the preseason due to soreness in his knee?

hope he has a good year but saying his vertical going up 5 inches is bit of a stretch.

never heard anyone ever becoming more athletic after an acl surgery.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    ridiculous.

that would mean he has a 45" vertical which is higher than lebron and make him the highest leaper since jordan. all this after a major acl surgery.

lol
    dominique wilkins had a 48" vertical pal and he shoulda won the 1988 slam dunk contest in chicago...

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

non-sense.

to suggest that someone is way better after a major acl reconstructive surgery is ridiculous. ive had the surgery myself and i could never play or leap like i did prior to the injury.

and iverson in his prime was the best perimeter defender and best scorer in the league. he carried bunch of nobodies to the nba finals. rose shot 25% fg in the 4th quarters when he had a chance to do the same. rose will never come close to duplicating iversons feats.
    LOL you're not one of the great athletes and you didn't have the resources and dedication (and time) D Rose did.

As for Iverson, first of all you're comparing Iversons' entire career. Rose has played 3 full seasons. Iverson's playoff FG% was 40% flat. Under 40% in the finals season. 14 seasons and he lucked his way into 1 final. Let's talk in 10 years buddy.

hotelis
    hotelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 957

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    What the hell is a maximum?
    i meant to say D Rose must have had his max vertical already before the injury. no way he could have added 5 inches.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by hotelis View Post
    i meant to say D Rose must have had his max vertical already before the injury. no way he could have added 5 inches.
    Who says? Medical science is pretty good. And he had nothing but time to fine tun and hone his body for basketball perfection. Most adult players don't have that type of "luxury" during their career to fine tune their body. If done right, and Rose was dedicated and resourced, no reason why an athlete can't improve. I don;t doubt that he did increase his vertical. Why the hell would he lie about it?

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1.../p2p-77829977/

There's the article about his vert

hotelis
    hotelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 957

Quote Originally Posted by freeVICK View Post
    i thought he already had 40+ vertical. for him to add to 37 inches is quite possible. it is still hard to believe he wasnt already physically maxed out having been in the NBA for a couple of years.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

he hasn't used those 5" of extra vert. to facialize any fools so far this preseason. i'm calling him out on this.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    preseason basketball is easy money just bet the Pelicans every time and dart chuck big dogs on the ML
    cover again tonight, these pelicans. current record is 6-0 in preseasn, and 6-0 in covering spreads. don't laugh about preseason, there is money to be made.

Winner_13
    Winner_13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1087

JJ you made good comparisons in this thread, surprised at you.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by Winner_13 View Post
    JJ you made good comparisons in this thread, surprised at you.
    Really? I thought Iverson to Rose comparison is and was pretty bad here.
    Not to troll on 1st shift JJ, of the 4 JJ's he's the best one by far. That probably just gave Lou a woody cuz I think he is morning JJ.

Anyways, Rose is twice the player Iverson was. And I'm not even a Rose or Bulls fan.
    Iverson was one of my fav players back in the day. Loved his raw talent and fearlessness. Was exciting to watch.
    But 2 different players IMO.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    Can't win with him

This^^^

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    He has a lot to prove to me after babying himself last year when he probably shoulda been playing in those playoffs.

Dude is playing these preseason games like playoff games though.
    I like it.

Watch out for the Bulls this year.
    Get your props and futures in early on this team before it's too late.
    He 's gonna give those fukkin cheatin homo's in Miami a run for their money.

Who's gonna guard LeBron???

Who's gonna score inside for the Bulls???

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

rose is gonna have a tough year. he seems to think hes the 6 mil dollar man who becomes superhuman after major surgery. having had the same surgery he will experience soreness, pain and swelling in that knee all season. guarantee he will miss dd games due to knee problems.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

rose is gonna have a tough year. he seems to think hes the 6 mil dollar man who becomes superhuman after major surgery. having had the same surgery he will experience soreness, pain and swelling in that knee all season. guarantee he will miss dd games due to knee problems.
    I'm sure they will have him miss some games. Noah will miss games also. That makes it a "tough" year? Lebron and Wade will miss games too.

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    Who's gonna guard LeBron???

Who's gonna score inside for the Bulls???
    LOL
    Really?
    Who guarded him in the Spurs series?
    Let's not forget the Heat won that title last year by default and Duncan's butterfingers.
    Spurs were one rebound from a title and choked hard.

Lebron will always get his points, who cares? Wade another year older, not much else on that team. Bulls can take it this year if Rose stays healthy.

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

Benny D. Rose MVP +1200 looks juicy.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    I'm sure they will have him miss some games. Noah will miss games also. That makes it a "tough" year? Lebron and Wade will miss games too.
    lebron has never missed dd games in his entire career. rose never missed more than 4 games in his first 3 seasons. but i am predicting dd missed games when rose seems to think he is superhuman with his 5" vertical claims and his jockers believe the hype think he'll be better than his mvp season.

funny u bring up wade cause hes been plagued with injuries the past few season and that is what will happen with rose.

like i said ive had the same knee surgery and know what he will be going thru. taking an extra year off wont spare him from it. yeah i know hes a pro athlete, probably had the best surgeon and the best therapy..... but hes still human and will experience the same thing every patient has experienced.

heck my knee still has soreness, pain and swelling after playing basketball and its been over 10 years!

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by ChiLLx View Post
    Benny D. Rose MVP +1200 looks juicy.
    That's worth a look. I bet you before he got hurt his odds were +500 going into that season.
    Where is that 5dimes?

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

That's worth a look. I bet you before he got hurt his odds were +500 going into that season.
    Where is that 5dimes?
    Yes. Lebron is +150 MVP

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Quote Originally Posted by hotelis View Post
    its only a matter of time before Rose goes down with another injury playing like he does. Its time to use more brain, less athleticism.
    Sad but true. His entire playing style leaves him constantly injury prone.

Anyway D-Rose or no D-Rose, Indiana will assert itself as the new/genuine powerhouse in the East. Bulls probably down to 4th in the pecking order if the Nets click...?

I/O

LOL
    Really?
    Who guarded him in the Spurs series?
    Let's not forget the Heat won that title last year by default and Duncan's butterfingers.
    Spurs were one rebound from a title and choked hard.

Lebron will always get his points, who cares? Wade another year older, not much else on that team. Bulls can take it this year if Rose stays healthy.
    Heat much deeper than the Bulls. Noah is a walking injury. Deng is a walking injury. Hinrich is a walking injury. Gibson sucks. Bulls will need Jimmy Butler to have a monster year in order to be talked about in the same world as the Heat.

Oh, I forgot, Rose will have to gets his balls back from his brother. He still has none. They ain't going nowhere.

PerfectGrape
    PerfectGrape's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

Deng walking injury? Dude leads the league in minutes every year. Noah will be fine. Hinrich had a concussion, he will be fine. People still hating on Rose for missing last season, move on already.

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectGrape View Post
    Deng walking injury? Dude leads the league in minutes every year. Noah will be fine. Hinrich had a concussion, he will be fine. People still hating on Rose for missing last season, move on already.
    Dude hasn't played a game 100% since he was hunting lions on the savana

PerfectGrape
    PerfectGrape's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

doubt you have the guts to say that to anyone in person, only on the internet behind the protection of anonymity.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
    Sad but true. His entire playing style leaves him constantly injury prone.

Anyway D-Rose or no D-Rose, Indiana will assert itself as the new/genuine powerhouse in the East. Bulls probably down to 4th in the pecking order if the Nets click...?
    I must disagree...The Pacers are formidable, especially with those brawlers Hibbert and West...but truth be told, they have a better chance of beating the Heat than they do of beating the Bulls.

Menses

I agree...people think the pre season is nothing but the last two or three games of a pre season are full on...teams are trying...the bulls are not a joke....they were half healthy and took out the Nets and 1 game from the HEAT....they are twice as healthy this year...if they play defense as they usually do...nobody is beating them.

I/O

doubt you have the guts to say that to anyone in person, only on the internet behind the protection of anonymity.
    ???

I/O

Early life and education[edit]

Deng was born in Wau, Sudan (now South Sudan) and is a member of the Dinkaethnic group.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Rose and Cutler haven't been healthy together since 2010.

Good news for Rose.

I/O

Also, fwiw Mr Homer, I've met prolly close to 100 people IN PERSON from two other forums off the net. Most likely would never happen here, cuz most of SBR cannot legally drink in the lower 48 states.

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    I must disagree...The Pacers are formidable, especially with those brawlers Hibbert and West...but truth be told, they have a better chance of beating the Heat than they do of beating the Bulls.
    Pacers can beat anyone this year. The talent is there, the core group is a year older and wiser, everything is Peachy. Either Granger gels with the team or they move him at the mid season break for something exciting.

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8991

up 30

Menses

Rose is toying with these fellas...

lucullus
    lucullus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 152

-6.5 on the Bulls was free money for any one with the brains that pulled the trigger...my book stopped doing basket ball because of it most likely

did i mention it was +100?

First 12345 Last