MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Fury View Post
    1, tripling my money doesn't give you the slightest bit of evidence that I overestimated my edge. Not even close. You don't know how many fights I bet on, what size favorites they were, if they were in parlays, or if some were props at plus money. There is absolutely no way for you to come to the conclusion that you did, other than making a random accusation.

2, I didn't bet every fight on the card. As usual, I picked my spots.
    I listened to your podcast for the first time at ufc 148 - it was very good I must admit and I agreed with most of your picks, I was also on tibau fairly big and he burned what would have otherwise been a decent night and put me in the negative (or the judges burned that night, I should say)...

But I gotta ask, why not step it up a notch and post your actual bets on here? Or perhaps state them in your podcast or give some form of documentation with actual numbers, odds, returns, etc..? Its one thing to call out bets and 'paper picks' and another thing to actually post how much you're risking / potentially winning before the fight and document how much you win / lose and your overall longterm profit.. That's what really separates a successful mma gambler from just a guy who can call fights...

For instance, I can call 7 of 8 fights correct 'on paper' and say I'm going medium or small bet size on there, but let's say that one fight you didn't pick correct was a sizeable favorite and you went large on that play... its easy for one to come on here after the show and say I picked 7 of 8 fights correct and made 'x' amount of money or doubled my profit, when in reality that one incorrect pick could have trumped everything else and left you with little profit or in the whole, as the one or two fights you didn't pick correct could have been heavy wagers due to heavy fav odds... As such, there is no proof whatsoever as to what you made or who much your profit increased, even if you picked them all correct. People who do this and come on after to claim how much they won just look like a typical retro posting braggart when they talk about how much they won when they didn't post a single play showing the money / units risked, the odds caught, and the potential win amount in the first place... I think your credibility would be stellar if you did this and I'm sure many people would appreciate it.

I will continue listening to your podcasts as you have great insight and it only adds to my research.. I'm just giving you my opinion here of how I view mma gambling in the online community and what would certainly bump up your credibility and 'image' per se... and another thing that might do you some favors is don't be so smug in your remarks like your shitting on of cung le and Korean Zombie who clearly deserved more respect! You know deep down you were rough on them man!!! I'm not one to talk as I can be an arrogant prick too, but I'm just saying....

Anyways, unfortunately I didn't listen to your podcast / show for ufc on fuel 4, but if you really did pick 11-0 that is very impressive, whether you posted your bets or not I will tip my hat as that is quite a feat However I would be kissing your ass right now and would be even more impressed if you had posted your amounts risked to prove you are killing it and prove how much you profited - like my man JESUS who is truly a mma gambling savior!!!

Luca Fury
    I make my living betting on MMA
    Luca Fury's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 757

Quote Originally Posted by MMAbetMASTA View Post
    I listened to your podcast for the first time at ufc 148 - it was very good I must admit and I agreed with most of your picks, I was also on tibau fairly big and he burned what would have otherwise been a decent night and put me in the negative (or the judges burned that night, I should say)...

But I gotta ask, why not step it up a notch and post your actual bets on here? Or perhaps state them in your podcast or give some form of documentation with actual numbers, odds, returns, etc..? Its one thing to call out bets and 'paper picks' and another thing to actually post how much you're risking / potentially winning before the fight and document how much you win / lose and your overall longterm profit.. That's what really separates a successful mma gambler from just a guy who can call fights...

For instance, I can call 7 of 8 fights correct 'on paper' and say I'm going medium or small bet size on there, but let's say that one fight you didn't pick correct was a sizeable favorite and you went large on that play... its easy for one to come on here after the show and say I picked 7 of 8 fights correct and made 'x' amount of money or doubled my profit, when in reality that one incorrect pick could have trumped everything else and left you with little profit or in the whole, as the one or two fights you didn't pick correct could have been heavy wagers due to heavy fav odds... As such, there is no proof whatsoever as to what you made or who much your profit increased, even if you picked them all correct. People who do this and come on after to claim how much they won just look like a typical retro posting braggart when they talk about how much they won when they didn't post a single play showing the money / units risked, the odds caught, and the potential win amount in the first place... I think your credibility would be stellar if you did this and I'm sure many people would appreciate it.

I will continue listening to your podcasts as you have great insight and it only adds to my research.. I'm just giving you my opinion here of how I view mma gambling in the online community and what would certainly bump up your credibility and 'image' per se... and another thing that might do you some favors is don't be so smug in your remarks like your shitting on of cung le and Korean Zombie who clearly deserved more respect! You know deep down you were rough on them man!!! I'm not one to talk as I can be an arrogant prick too, but I'm just saying....

Anyways, unfortunately I didn't listen to your podcast / show for ufc on fuel 4, but if you really did pick 11-0 that is very impressive, whether you posted your bets or not I will tip my hat as that is quite a feat However I would be kissing your ass right now and would be even more impressed if you had posted your amounts risked to prove you are killing it and prove how much you profited - like my man JESUS who is truly a mma gambling savior!!!
    I appreciate the feedback but I don't breakdown fights, make picks and share bets to show people how great or successful I am. I share them for people to get detailed info on the fighters and tail my bets if they choose. I'm not here to tell people all of my finical info.

I used to share specific amounts and details about my bets in the past, and even show screen grabs of my bet tickets after each event, but it only led to more trouble than it was worth.

Saying whether I bet tiny, small, medium, big or huge is plenty of info for what the podcast is meant for. Plus, I'm always adding more to some bets as the fights get closer depending on certain factors.

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

I appreciate the feedback but I don't breakdown fights, make picks and share bets to show people how great or successful I am. I share them for people to get detailed info on the fighters and tail my bets if they choose. I'm not here to tell people all of my finical info.

I used to share specific amounts and details about my bets in the past, and even show screen grabs of my bet tickets after each event, but it only led to more trouble than it was worth.

Saying whether I bet tiny, small, medium, big or huge is plenty of info for what the podcast is meant for. Plus, I'm always adding more to some bets as the fights get closer depending on certain factors.
    Fair enough, I hear you...

may I ask what the trouble was when you used to give the specific details and amounts and whatnot?

Luca Fury

Quote Originally Posted by MMAbetMASTA View Post
    Fair enough, I hear you...

may I ask what the trouble was when you used to give the specific details and amounts and whatnot?
    Not to sound egotistical, but each episode of the podcast gets thousands of listeners and I have a couple thousand twitter followers. So a decent amount of people hear my opinions/picks/bets, and obviously, not all of them are going to be a fans. I have to deal with some haters whether my opinions/picks/bets are accurate or not.

It's annoying enough dealing with them nitpicking dumb, pointless things, but when you lose a bet, they really go at you. Back when I was giving the specific bet amounts and posting bet tickets, they'd go all over Twitter pointing out how I lost a few thousand on a bet and then post the screen grabs on forums and stuff.

Some of you may remember SBR poster 'Wanna Bet UFC' being one of the people who did this (we've since buried the hatchet and are cool now, however). He's not the only one who has done it, though, and it's very annoying when it happens.

If someone goes around laughing and saying "haha Luca lost a bet," it's not that big of a deal. But when thy post a screen grab or the specific amount that I bet and people see I lost, say, 3k on a fight, the people they're showing don't know if that's like my life savings of just a medium sized bet for me. It doesn't tell the whole story and just gives the haters more fuel.

In addition to that, there are other issues it can cause and the fact I live in the US where betting is a gray area and the government is always scouting the internet for info on people. There are issues with taxes and stuff as well.

So, overall, it's not even close to worth the trouble for me to post all that specific info/screen grabs.

dww123
    dww123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9200

Why bother with any of it? I have been betting exclusively on MMA for a living for almost 2 years and while i appreciate other people's opinions I don't have much desire to share my own logic and betting secrets with anonymous people over the internet. It seems to me you are just hurting professionals. Why not just lay low, place your bets and don't tell anyone what you are doing.

Luca Fury

Quote Originally Posted by dww123 View Post
    Why bother with any of it? I have been betting exclusively on MMA for a living for almost 2 years and while i appreciate other people's opinions I don't have much desire to share my own logic and betting secrets with anonymous people over the internet. It seems to me you are just hurting professionals. Why not just lay low, place your bets and don't tell anyone what you are doing.
    That's what I had planned to do. That's why I quit Sherdog. I don't like being in the public eye to any extent.

But people kept telling me how much they liked my opinions and wanted me to do my own podcast. So, I decided to oblige them and do it. It's something that's easy for me and I enjoy doing it, and helping others is good feeling.

dww123

That's what I had planned to do. That's why I quit Sherdog. I don't like being in the public eye to any extent.

But people kept telling me how much they liked my opinions and wanted me to do my own podcast. So, I decided to oblige them and do it. It's something that's easy for me and I enjoy doing it, and helping others is good feeling.
    yeah the Podcasts are good. I looked but i didn't see one for Fuel 4 card.
    Can I ask, your co host Nick, He sets the lines for bookmaker i believe. Has he ever discussed how the books do with MMA betting, generally speaking?

Luca Fury

yeah the Podcasts are good. I looked but i didn't see one for Fuel 4 card.
    Can I ask, your co host Nick, He sets the lines for bookmaker i believe. Has he ever discussed how the books do with MMA betting, generally speaking?
    Thanks for the support. We had planned for a podcast for Fuel 4, but just didn't have enough time. Sorry about that.

As for Nick, yes, he sets the lines for Bookmaker but also DSI as well (then the other books copy his lines, LOL). In the past he's talked about who the books need to win going into a card and how they did after the event, but I suppose I could have him share that info as a regular feature on the podcast. Would be interesting, unique content.

dww123

Thanks for the support. We had planned for a podcast for Fuel 4, but just didn't have enough time. Sorry about that.

As for Nick, yes, he sets the lines for Bookmaker but also DSI as well (then the other books copy his lines, LOL). In the past he's talked about who the books need to win going into a card and how they did after the event, but I suppose I could have him share that info as a regular feature on the podcast. Would be interesting, unique content.
    That would be awesome! Maybe before you guys breakdown a fight card you can quickly go over how the books did on the preceeding card. I love that kind of stuff.

Luca Fury

That would be awesome! Maybe before you guys breakdown a fight card you can quickly go over how the books did on the preceeding card. I love that kind of stuff.
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Great suggestion!

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Hasn't Nick already been posting articles with entire betting card results? I know lately he's been consistently putting out the live wagering results .

It could have just been 147 or 146 where the website had the results for the exact amount bet on every fighter.

Luca Fury

Quote Originally Posted by illmatick View Post
    Hasn't Nick already been posting articles with entire betting card results? I know lately he's been consistently putting out the live wagering results .

It could have just been 147 or 146 where the website had the results for the exact amount bet on every fighter.
    On MMAOddsBreaker.com we have articles that say how a certain sports book did on a card, but it's not Bookmaker or BetDSi -- it's a smaller book -- and it's not Nick who writes those.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

I only remember seeing full results for one event, possibly just missed the others.

either way it would be a good addition to hear on the podcast.

Luca Fury

Quote Originally Posted by illmatick View Post
    I only remember seeing full results for one event, possibly just missed the others.

either way it would be a good addition to hear on the podcast.
    Cool. I'm all for tweaking the podcast based on feedback. If the people want something, I'll do my best to deliver it.

I'll ask Nick if he's cool with sharing that stuff (I think he'll say yes).

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Hey Luca -- it takes BIG BALLS to get out there on the internet.

It takes even BIGGER BALLS to take the heat from morons and haters, and keep going.

You've got my respect.

Keep sharing the good word!

Luca Fury

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalculator View Post
    Hey Luca -- it takes BIG BALLS to get out there on the internet.

It takes even BIGGER BALLS to take the heat from morons and haters, and keep going.

You've got my respect.

Keep sharing the good word!
    Haha, thanks man

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    These judges. Need to start gettin fkn fired

i mean really wtf weere they watching in the gliesan fighr?????????????????
    Welcome to the world of capitalism..........

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Somehow I think we can all manage to maybe just barely scrape by without your glorious betting secrets.

First 12