TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Converting Bitcoin Into Litecoin Is It Easy And Cheap?

Just wondering if the Bitcoin experts here at SBR could chime in and give me their opinion on what site they'd recommend doing this procedure?

The fees involved etc...

Also... you know how Bitcoin has it's own wallet? Well... how do you get a Litecoin wallet? Or where do you feel secure storing your Litecoin?

I pretty much have Bitcoin down pat... I just never used another ALT coin before. Wanted to learn other coins... and is it worth exchanging? Thanks.

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Litecoin was worth it when Bitcoin fees were sky high and the transactions were taking forever. Now with Bitcoin fees back to reasonable numbers, haven't done a Litecoin transaction in awhile and don't see too many pros. 2 mobile apps that are legit are Jaxx and Loafwallet (personally, I use a Ledger Wallet for Litecoin). Electrum has a desktop version for Litecoin. You can easily convert between the two on Coinbase Pro (or just outright sell) for the same commission buying/selling Bitcoin on Pro, but don't know your comfort level with Coinbase is.
    Last edited by mrpapageorgio; 02-14-19 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Grammar fix
    Points Awarded:

Arky gave mrpapageorgio 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19146

Option 1 is to get a cell phone wallet like the ones mentioned above. You can keep your Litecoin on Coinbase Pro because they are insured and then transfer it to the cell phone wallet when you are ready to move it around...

Option 2 is to get a Ledger Nano S. They are just $60 right now and well worth the investment if you are going to be storing/trading often. Can't beat the security. I use the Ledger Live Desktop software to interact with mine. They are not all that difficult to learn how to use..... Just follow the directions and you'll be up and running in no time. Good for BTC, LTC, ETH and a host of others.

crazyivan24
    crazyivan24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I also have Ledger Nano S.

Remember your keys, your coins.