Pedro
    Pedro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4463

Cannot see transaction on blockchain.info, but can see it on blockcypher.com

Hello There,

I have a bitcoin transaction that I can see on smartbit.com.au and on blockcypher.com, but I cannot see it on blockchain.info. Why would this possibly happen? It has been there being unconfirmed for a while. Does it mean it's 'stuck'?

The destination address is: 3Cv185W3m3fdEjMFYpLLTwJAGaYeUTwsVX

Any ideas? Is it going to be confirmed eventually or something weird is going on?

Thanks,

Pedro

Pedro

Looks like it has resolved itself.

I think the sender had some unconfirmed incoming transactions which disabled mine to be confirmed until those were confirmed in the first place.

Anyways, just letting you guys know in case you might see something similar.

Pedro

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

From my experience, Blockchain has a little more lag than Blockcypher when it comes to showing the current transaction/mempool status (Blockcypher seems to be more realtime than Blockchain). I've had it where I look up a transaction on Blockcypher and it shows the first confirmation, but is showing 0 on Blockchain.

Looking at your transaction, it confirmed in 17 minutes which isn't bad considering the mempool has a lot of traffic today (it looks like it got taken in the 2nd block after being sent). One of the issues to also consider is the time for a block to be mined is not uniform. Sometimes it takes 2 minutes for a new block to be mined, sometimes it takes an hour.

Pedro

Well, something strange must have been going on since it actually didn't get confirmed in 17 minutes.

I understand the record might show that but it actually took a number of hours after being sent and being shown as pending...

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Ok that is strange. I don't know, but anyway it's a moot point now.