OneLossParlayGuy
    OneLossParlayGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1464

Ether to Heritage. Be Careful

Edit by SBR: Heritage looked into the issue: their provider for some alt currencies applied an external fee. Heritage is adjusting the player's account and applying a free play for the inconvenience, and is checking if any other non-bitcoin alt coin deposits may have been affected.

Thank you for providing your Heritage Sports account number, we've asked for more information.

Due to the insanely high bit coin costs lately, I decided to try a small deposit with Ether. I sent a small amount since it was the first time. The fee from Blockchain (Ether) was 15 cents. Somehow, someway Ether becomes converted to bit coin when it hits heritage. My $50 deposit via ether turned into $29 in available balance in Heritage. Careful when using this method. It's a joke.
    Last edited by SBR Forum; 11-16-17 at 02:15 PM. Reason: added update

Jnas
    Jnas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8549

thanks for sharing I was wondering how it worked there. In the bookmaker cashier if references a similar a fee when using ether and litecoin. I guess no escaping the greedy miners fees.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Ether turned somehow into Bitcoin and then.... only $29 was available USD? What?

It's suppose to be the same amount that you paid for Ether. What did customer support tell you?

OneLossParlayGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Ether turned somehow into Bitcoin and then.... only $29 was available USD? What?

It's suppose to be the same amount that you paid for Ether. What did customer support tell you?
    exactly what I told you, cause it made no sense to me either

TheMoneyShot

Something's wrong... SBR needs to look into this.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

The math there seems off in the exchange rate it would be worth way less in btc right? Anyway heritage support is the best and they will definitely do what right and fix.....

OneLossParlayGuy

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    The math there seems off in the exchange rate it would be worth way less in btc right? Anyway heritage support is the best and they will definitely do what right and fix.....
    chatted with a supervisor on the phone. He was nice and all, but basically told me I'm SOL. Whatever, it's a small amount of money, lesson learned. He basically emphasized that ETH goes to BTC and somehow in those 5 minutes from Blockchain to Heritage there incurred a 40% or so fee.

To me, it still seems off but I don't know what I can do at this point. Just wondering if anyone else had this problem and if they haven't just wanted to gives a heads up. Heritage has ALWAYS been great to me and is an outstanding book but something seems off here, and just an answer of "well that's the conversion rate" seems incorrect.

littlekona

Wow well that’s good info as I was going to deposit 200$ for the get out at half promo with ETH...I just went to chat and asked and got same answe they convert to btc and recommend only using btc...

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by OneLossParlayGuy View Post

chatted with a supervisor on the phone. He was nice and all, but basically told me I'm SOL. Whatever, it's a small amount of money, lesson learned. He basically emphasized that ETH goes to BTC and somehow in those 5 minutes from Blockchain to Heritage there incurred a 40% or so fee.

To me, it still seems off but I don't know what I can do at this point. Just wondering if anyone else had this problem and if they haven't just wanted to gives a heads up. Heritage has ALWAYS been great to me and is an outstanding book but something seems off here, and just an answer of "well that's the conversion rate" seems incorrect.
    Thanks for sharing the info.

The $21 loss would not have just come from exchange rate differences. There would be a bitcoin miners fee to get it into a consolidated bitcoin wallet after the sweep too.

I'd guess that will be about the max loss we could expect no matter what the amount deposited. Probably less in future as the bitcoin miners fee level settles back down.

It kind of defeats your purpose of using Ether instead of bitcoin to start with though.

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Thanks for sharing the info.

The $21 loss would not have just come from exchange rate differences. There would be a bitcoin miners fee to get it into a consolidated bitcoin wallet after the sweep too.

I'd guess that will be about the max loss we could expect no matter what the amount deposited. Probably less in future as the bitcoin miners fee level settles back down.

It kind of defeats your purpose of using Ether instead of bitcoin to start with though.
    Did they disclose somewhere that even if you deposit using Ether it still needs to be converted to BTC and you're still subject to the mining fees and wait times? If not, that's kinda underhanded and as you said, defeats the purpose of using Ether as a deposit currency.

TheMoneyShot

The book needs to explain to the client and post this on a WEB PAGE. Honestly... this is horse sh#$.

You would only assume it's 1 FOR 1 no matter what currency you are using to convert.

Why on earth would we want to send 10 different cryptos if we're not getting 1 FOR 1 conversion?

I like Heritage... but this is on them. They need to post possible conversion ratios.

No one in their right mind would send Ether then.

littlekona

I would ask them for a free play for difference...from my experience with them when any issue has occurred they have always made it right and me happy..

OneLossParlayGuy

Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    Did they disclose somewhere that even if you deposit using Ether it still needs to be converted to BTC and you're still subject to the mining fees and wait times? If not, that's kinda underhanded and as you said, defeats the purpose of using Ether as a deposit currency.
    I saw nothing like that.

OneLossParlayGuy

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    I would ask them for a free play for difference...from my experience with them when any issue has occurred they have always made it right and me happy..
    I asked them for a one time correction to make it right, and they basically said they did nothing wrong so nothing was done.

OneLossParlayGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    The book needs to explain to the client and post this on a WEB PAGE. Honestly... this is horse sh#$.

You would only assume it's 1 FOR 1 no matter what currency you are using to convert.

Why on earth would we want to send 10 different cryptos if we're not getting 1 FOR 1 conversion?

I like Heritage... but this is on them. They need to post possible conversion ratios.

No one in their right mind would send Ether then.
    pretty much my exact feelings. Dissapointed in how this played out.

littlekona

where is HERITAGE INSIDER? I dont like this at all and they are one of my fav books and with BTC congestions ETHER is great option...They should do it like BTC and honor the exchange rate and if not put a big * with warning....

SBR Forum
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Betpoints: 993431

Edit by SBR: Thank you for providing your Heritage Sports account number, we've asked for more information.
    Heritage looked into the issue: their provider for some alt currencies applied an external fee. Heritage is adjusting the player's account and applying a free play for the inconvenience, and is checking if any other non-bitcoin alt coin deposits may have been affected.

OneLossParlayGuy

UPDATE: Thanks a lot to SBR Forum and Heritage Insider for looking into this issue. Heritage has made it right by correcting my balance and giving me a generous free play. Heritage is A+ and showed again why today.

I asked Heritage Insider through PM if the Ether thing would be fixed and haven't heard back yet, so use caution or double check with them before you deposit that way but just wanted to give an update on this. Thanks again!

SBR Forum
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Betpoints: 993431

UPDATE: Thanks a lot to SBR Forum and Heritage Insider for looking into this issue. Heritage has made it right by correcting my balance and giving me a generous free play. Heritage is A+ and showed again why today.

I asked Heritage Insider through PM if the Ether thing would be fixed and haven't heard back yet, so use caution or double check with them before you deposit that way but just wanted to give an update on this. Thanks again!
    Heritage will note the current alt coin fee in their cashier page to avoid confusion moving forward.

littlekona

heritage is the best figured they would take care of this in favorable way ! A++++

bitcoinLuke
    bitcoinLuke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1336

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Forum View Post
    Heritage looked into the issue: their provider for some alt currencies applied an external fee. Heritage is adjusting the player's account and applying a free play for the inconvenience, and is checking if any other non-bitcoin alt coin deposits may have been affected.
    A 40% fee? Sounds like BS to me

TheMoneyShot

Heritage Top Notch

Glad they corrected it.

scavsiu8
    scavsiu8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 675

Alright, so does this mean we should just deposit via Bitcoin since there is gonna be a fee to go Ether to book?

Confused

scavsiu8
    scavsiu8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 675

Just saw on site. 0.0025 btc fee on all alt transactions. About $20 right now...eek