akphidelt
    akphidelt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 640

Quote Originally Posted by OMGRandyJackson View Post
    If I may ask, what do you mean by still getting paid to do this? lol

EDIT: Also just noticed on the batting and pitching tables for Chicago White Sox it currently displays no info for them. Ive checked all other teams and they are good.
    Alright, this is why this is a pain sometime, lol. In my team database I had them as CHW when it should be CWS. Should be good to go now.

I work from home and put in 8 hours regardless of what I work on. So if I have no requests on Thursday/Friday, I can put 5-6 hours in to this a day and still get paid for it. But, the reason I have to do something is we have this tracker on our computers that tell when you are online, how long you've been active, inactive, etc witch is connected to everyone of my team and bosses... so I have to be on the computer regardless. So that's why I really don't care about doing this. Maybe we can come up with something legit and make some cash. Plus it's fun.

akphidelt

Alright, took a stab at the pitch by pitch count and kind of took a step back. Going to do this right like a normal project and go through any loose ends, because this is going to be a lot of data. We are talking millions of rows of data. Right now it would be incredibly easy just to have a table set up with pitch by pitch information... where it comes hard is the little things. Like wild pitches, errors, stolen bases, where base runners are, etc. Linking those actions to each pitch and being able to represent that in a calculation is going to be tricky. I have a source that makes it definitely possible, but the calculations and programming are definitely going to be intense. Once it is done though we can pretty much do whatever we want without having to find a source for it since we have all the data stored.

If you want to know what Albert Pujols batting average is after 5pm ET after traveling over 300 miles the previous day against a left handed pitcher, who is under 6 feet tall... we'll be able to calculate that.

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JR007 View Post
    'My preference is in betting the first five innings and totals. There is a reason why the sports books limit how much you can bet on these two propositions, they are beatable. Moving forward, “bet with your head, not over it.” These are the words of my friend, mentor and sports betting legend Lem Banker'......an article Scott Pritchard "gaming today"

one thought I had about posting this is maybe we should concentrate on the type bets which will give us an edge, and save akphidelt, a lot of work.....

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13998

i am a mathematician in the long run none of these systems work you will eventually go broke

inZane
    inZane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4906

Quote Originally Posted by agendaman View Post
    i am a mathematician in the long run none of these systems work you will eventually go broke
    It's not the destination, but the journey that counts...

OMGRandyJackson
    OMGRandyJackson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4054

one thought I had about posting this is maybe we should concentrate on the type bets which will give us an edge, and save akphidelt, a lot of work.....
    Majority of my bets are over/unders and occasional money lines/run lines.

akphidelt

Well that's interesting you are a mathematician and saying something completely non-mathematical. Seems more like conjecture than anything else.

jeffthehat1
    jeffthehat1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

I couldn't possibly disagree more. In fact I say systems are the only way to make money! Look at all the grinders either broke or up minute amounts. Systems with the right money mgmt. never will be beat in the long run or short run or any run!

akphidelt

Alright, trying to organize a little better and get some of the core stuff done, so we can just link everything together a lot easier.

Added a teams page, pretty sweet... match the records and stuff with ESPN.com to make sure everything was pulling correctly and all the tests I did they seemed to match perfectly. From here you can click on a team and it will take you to a team page. This is where we will have all the different stats, graphs, rotations, information, etc. I'm working on a graphing the lines from Pinnacle so bare with me when you click there as the tool isn't complete yet. You can access this page by clicking the "MLB" icon on the left hand toolbar...

Done with work for the day, so going to slam some things here til about 5 ish.

http://akptracker.com/index.php?c=teams

JR007

ok, dude, so just so I understand, are you trying to find out a specific teams wins vs. loses in various prices ranges, -120 for example ??

akphidelt

ok, dude, so just so I understand, are you trying to find out a specific teams wins vs. loses in various prices ranges, -120 for example ??
    Well not quite yet for that particular graph. What I wanted to show is 5 or 10 minute increments of ML/Spread for game and 1st half just to see the price movements for their next active game. I know it's impossible to understand that from what you see because it says nothing, lol... but it's meant to be like a proactive, these are the line movements for the next game. I think it would be cool to see all the different lines on one graph.

Then if people are interested, I can get lines from different books and you can graph them, or change the graph to represent that book.

JR007

got it, thanks

akphidelt

Alright, I finally have all the pitch by pitch information in for 2014. Lots of data to work with.

OMGRandyJackson

Wow that is probably a shitload of data haha.

It looks like the batter and pitcher tables are not pulling stats for the last few days?

akphidelt

Quote Originally Posted by OMGRandyJackson View Post
    Wow that is probably a shitload of data haha.

It looks like the batter and pitcher tables are not pulling stats for the last few days?
    Hey, my birthday weekend this week, was out of commission. And yes, it's a mess of data. I did some tests to see if it was pulling correct info. And sure enough I checked Albert Pujols for singles, doubles, triples, homers and it all came up the same. Pretty sweet stuff.

I updated the batting/pitching stats.

I don't have it set to a cron job yet so I have to just click a button on my end. Should be all updated now for tomorrows games.

OMGRandyJackson

Info seems to be pulling incorrectly for the Cubs, showing them has having 2000+ AB since Friday lol?

EDIT NVM: Was searching 2014-06-2014-27 for some odd reason haha

OMGRandyJackson

Are you still updating your site? I was on vacation for a few weeks and it seems that there are no stat updates the past few days?

First 123