Wednesday’s giant 12-game NBA slate provides some delicious odds on the Eve of Thanksgiving. Here are our NBA picks and best bets for Wednesday.
The Association will take a day off for Thanksgiving, so Wednesday’s slate is jam packed with quality matchups and favorable odds. Our attention is focused on three young teams who have defied expectations, in the Sacramento Kings, Indiana Pacers, and Oklahoma City Thunder.
Wednesday’s NBA Schedule and Odds
(odds via DraftKings)
- Philadelphia 76ers (+155) vs. Charlotte Hornets (-180)
- Portland Trail Blazers (+270) vs. Cleveland Cavaliers (-325)
- Minnesota Timberwolves (-130) vs. Indiana Pacers (+110)
- Sacramento Kings (+180) vs. Atlanta Hawks (-210)
- Dallas Mavericks (+160) vs. Boston Celtics (-190)
- Washington Wizards (+120) vs. Miami Heat (-140)
- Brooklyn Nets (+120) vs. Toronto Raptors (-140)
- Chicago Bulls (+210) vs. Milwaukee Bucks (-250)
- Denver Nuggets (-150) vs. Oklahoma City Thunder (+130)
- New Orleans Pelicans (-275) vs. San Antonio Spurs (+230)
- Detroit Pistons (+480) vs. Utah Jazz (-645)
- Los Angeles Clippers (+320) vs. Golden State Warriors (-390)
Wednesday’s NBA Best Bets
- Moneyline: Bucks (-250 via DraftKings)
- Spread: Kings +5.5 (-110 via FanDuel)
- Total: Nuggets-Thunder Over 231.5 (-110 via FanDuel)
- Upset: Pacers (+108 via FanDuel)
- Prop bet: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander Over 40.5 points + rebounds + assists (-105 via PointsBet)
Check out our Kings vs. Hawks prop picks!
Wednesday’s NBA Top Picks
Moneyline: Bucks (-250) ★★★★
Milwaukee has been one of the best teams at home this season, boasting a 9-1 record. The Bucks allow the fourth-fewest points at home (105) and sport the second-best net rating (10.0) at Fiserv Forum.
Chicago has been middle-of-the-pack in points scored on the road, and the Bulls have a 2-5 record away from United Center. Over the last five years, this has been one of the most one-sided “rivalries,” and the Bucks have an 18-1 record including 4-1 in the playoffs.
Spread: Kings +5.5 (-110) ★★★★★
There won’t be any “lighting of the beam” with the Kings playing on the road, but we’ll be taking Sacramento to cover in Atlanta.
Don’t look now, but the Kings have won seven straight and covered in six of them. You could call Sacramento the “kings” of covering, as the team sports the best ATS record in the NBA at 12-4, including a perfect 4-0 record as the road dog. Atlanta is just 3-4 ATS as the home favorite, so we’re going to roll with the hottest team in the Association to cover on the road.
Total: Nuggets-Thunder Over 231.5 (-110) ★★★★★
The Thunder have hit the Over more than any other team this season with a 12-5 record, and OKC has gone Over in seven straight games. The Denver Nuggets are 7-4 to the Over on the road compared to 1-5 at home.
These teams combined for 232 and 239 points in two prior meetings this season, hitting the Over in both instances. With Denver back to full strength and OKC scoring at will, we’ll take the Over on this matchup.
The total is set at 232.5 on DraftKings at -105 and 232 at -107 on PointsBet. We can avoid the push and still get favorable odds and an additional point at FanDuel.
Upset: Pacers (+108) ★★★★★
The Pacers are home underdogs after winning five straight and seven of their last eight games. Indiana has one of the best records in the Association at 10-6, and the team is 2-2 as the home underdog.
Meanwhile, the Minnesota Timberwolves are 9-8 overall and 3-1 as the road favorite. Minnesota is 4-0 over its last four games overall and 3-1 over its last four road matchups. Two hot teams collide, but we’ll back the home team to win and pull off the upset.
Prop bet: Gilgeous-Alexander Over 40.5 points + rebounds + assists (-105) ★★★★★
The Nuggets-Thunder game has one of the highest point totals on this busy slate. We can expect a lot of scoring, and that means another big game from Shai Gilgeous-Alexander.
SGA has gone for at least 41 points, rebounds, and assists in 10 of 16 games this season, including five of seven at home. He posted totals of 38 and 44 in two games against Denver this season, and we’ll bank on him doing it again Wednesday night.
This prop is set at 40.5 across the major sportsbooks, but we can get the best odds at PointsBet.
Where to Bet on NBA Best Bets
See our top-rated sportsbooks:
NBA best bets made on 11/23/2022 at 10:35 a.m. ET.