LOS ANGELES -- Troubled actress Lindsay Lohan has reportedly failed multiple court ordered drug tests.
A person familiar with the case, who declined to be identified because of the sensitivity of the matter, confirmed the positive test results Friday, but declined to specify what substance triggered the positive result.
However, TMZ.com is reporting on their website that the drug was cocaine.
In fact, TMZ's sources say this is not the only test Lohan failed.
According to the celebrity website the other test was not positive for cocaine.
The tests were both reportedly conducted within a short span of each other.
The failed tests could constitute a probation violation.
A judge had threatened Lohan with 30 days in jail for each probation violation.
A hearing would be conducted before Lohan could be returned to jail.
Los Angeles County District Attorney's spokeswoman Sandi Gibbons said no such hearing had been scheduled as of Friday afternoon.
Lohan was released from inpatient rehab on August 24th after spending 22 days at UCLA Medical Center.
After her release, a judge ordered the 24-year old to undergo a rigorous outpatient rehab program that includes psychotherapy, random drug and alcohol testing and frequent counseling.
Under the terms of Lohan's probation, she will get 30 days in jail for a positive drug test.
D.A. spokesperson Sandi Gibbons tells TMZ.com that her office has not been "officially notified" of the test results and no court date has been set yet.
Lohan checked into the UCLA rehab facility on August 2 for a 90 day court-ordered stay. She entered the facility after spending 14 days in jail.
The "Mean Girls" star was sentenced to 90 days in jail and 90 days in a substance abuse treatment center for violating her probation in a 2007 drug case.
Judge Fox has dismissed two drug counts that Lohan had pleaded guilty to in 2007. He also said she will remain on supervised probation only until November unless she makes a mistake.
Fox took over the Lohan case after another judge, Marsha Revel, recused herself. A prosecutor had complained the judge met with defense attorneys and called rehabilitation programs without notifying her.
Lohan's attorney, Shawn Chapman Holley, said the actress is eager to prove that she can comply with Fox's orders.
"She has changed," Holley said. "She's healthy. She's clear-headed. She is positive at looking forward."
A person familiar with the case, who declined to be identified because of the sensitivity of the matter, confirmed the positive test results Friday, but declined to specify what substance triggered the positive result.
However, TMZ.com is reporting on their website that the drug was cocaine.
In fact, TMZ's sources say this is not the only test Lohan failed.
According to the celebrity website the other test was not positive for cocaine.
The tests were both reportedly conducted within a short span of each other.
The failed tests could constitute a probation violation.
A judge had threatened Lohan with 30 days in jail for each probation violation.
A hearing would be conducted before Lohan could be returned to jail.
Los Angeles County District Attorney's spokeswoman Sandi Gibbons said no such hearing had been scheduled as of Friday afternoon.
Lohan was released from inpatient rehab on August 24th after spending 22 days at UCLA Medical Center.
After her release, a judge ordered the 24-year old to undergo a rigorous outpatient rehab program that includes psychotherapy, random drug and alcohol testing and frequent counseling.
Under the terms of Lohan's probation, she will get 30 days in jail for a positive drug test.
D.A. spokesperson Sandi Gibbons tells TMZ.com that her office has not been "officially notified" of the test results and no court date has been set yet.
Lohan checked into the UCLA rehab facility on August 2 for a 90 day court-ordered stay. She entered the facility after spending 14 days in jail.
The "Mean Girls" star was sentenced to 90 days in jail and 90 days in a substance abuse treatment center for violating her probation in a 2007 drug case.
Judge Fox has dismissed two drug counts that Lohan had pleaded guilty to in 2007. He also said she will remain on supervised probation only until November unless she makes a mistake.
Fox took over the Lohan case after another judge, Marsha Revel, recused herself. A prosecutor had complained the judge met with defense attorneys and called rehabilitation programs without notifying her.
Lohan's attorney, Shawn Chapman Holley, said the actress is eager to prove that she can comply with Fox's orders.
"She has changed," Holley said. "She's healthy. She's clear-headed. She is positive at looking forward."