tucks
    tucks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4825

Quote Originally Posted by habitualwinning View Post
    Who gives a fukk? 600k Americans died from heart disease last year and all you liberals are going batshit crazy over an exaggerated figure of 200k Americans dying from covid worst case scenario this year. I'm sick of hearing you dumbfukks running your mouths like Cuomo. Just stfu already. You're gd hypocrites. Not one word from you last year when 600k of your fellow Americans died from heart disease. No restrictions in place last year when 50k of your fellow Americans died from seasonal flu. Now it's teotwawki cause 10k have died from covid19. Talk about keeping things in perspective.
    /thread

cyclingbettor
    cyclingbettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7872

Sounds like it's time for someone to start a thread describing why it's silly to shut down the country over 80,000 deaths.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post

Not sure if I am understanding your numbers here. Your first set of numbers seem to be implying a 2.36% death rate. Is this correct?

But then in your 2nd statement... you are saying that they would ALL have to die if 4,238,115 people were infected... but... if 23.6% of 4,238,115 died that would be a million deaths not 100K.

And then you say for there to be 100K deaths you would need many more than 4,238,115. This is ONLY correct if the the death rate is LESS than 2.36%.

What is 2.36% of 4,238,115... it's 100K.

Let's make this real simple... let's say the death rate is only 1%. That would mean if 10 million people are infected(I think there is a VERY high chance of this before the end of the year) that would mean exactly 100K people would die. If the death rate is HIGHER(this could also happen) the death rate will be higher if 10 million people become infected.

I'm not trying to argue with your numbers... I'm just not sure you represented them very clearly. Tell me what I am missing here. Ask yourself this question... do you think 10 million people could become infected before the end of the year? What is 1% of 10 million? It's 100K.
    Yes, I was 1 decimal point off as it is 2.36%....

I'll look at it tomorrow to see if I need to recalculate

Nice catch......

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14709

Quote Originally Posted by cyclingbettor View Post
    Sounds like it's time for someone to start a thread describing why it's silly to shut down the country over 80,000 deaths.
    Because if everybody was stupid like you, there would be 8 million deaths

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    Because if everybody was stupid like you, there would be 8 million deaths
    Tell that to Sweden you liberal canadian dumb fukk.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...omy-or-future/

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

SBR Pros are 7.23% less likely to contract COVID virus than non pros.

That's just math, pal.
    Points Awarded:

juicername gave Jayvegas420 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

What I find interesting from yesterday's data is that the daily death rate went up 15%, but the daily testing rate (tested positive) only went up 8%. That means we are not doing nearly enough testing. Needs twice as much testing. Simple math (most people don't understand simple math).

Roger T. Bannon
    Roger T. Bannon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11760

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    Tell that to Sweden you liberal canadian dumb fukk.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...omy-or-future/
    So Sweden is roughly the size of Pennsylvania and Iowa and has 696 deaths versus 280 for those two states who are likely rapping up and Sweden is just getting started. Sweden expects its deaths to be in the thousands.

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3691

Quote Originally Posted by Roger T. Bannon View Post
    So Sweden is roughly the size of Pennsylvania and Iowa and has 696 deaths versus 280 for those two states who are likely rapping up and Sweden is just getting started. Sweden expects its deaths to be in the thousands.
    You think Pennsylvania is just rapping up? Look at their graph below:
    https://www.bing.com/covid/local/pen...a_unitedstates

Hell... look at Iowa's graph, even their graph isn't good: https://www.bing.com/covid/local/iowa_unitedstates

If either of those graphs represented your business numbers... do you think you'd be going out of business anytime soon? Why should this be any different?

Serious question... how did you come to your conclusion that PA is likely rapping up?

Roger T. Bannon

You think Pennsylvania is just rapping up? Look at their graph below:
    https://www.bing.com/covid/local/pen...a_unitedstates

Hell... look at Iowa's graph, even their graph isn't good: https://www.bing.com/covid/local/iowa_unitedstates

If either of those graphs represented your business numbers... do you think you'd be going out of business anytime soon? Why should this be any different?

Serious question... how did you come to your conclusion that PA is likely rapping up?
    They are way further along in dealing with this than Sweden. It is basically going to stop spreading while Sweden is probably seeing the first wave and still may shutdown when Penn is rebooting.

Sweden is also a much better run country than the US so they do not have to worry about a 60% decline in the stock market or bailing out their elites because the whole country was going to go kaboom. They have a lot more control in Sweden.

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3691

Quote Originally Posted by Roger T. Bannon View Post
    They are way further along in dealing with this than Sweden. It is basically going to stop spreading while Sweden is probably seeing the first wave and still may shutdown when Penn is rebooting.

Sweden is also a much better run country than the US so they do not have to worry about a 60% decline in the stock market or bailing out their elites because the whole country was going to go kaboom. They have a lot more control in Sweden.
    I don't know anything about Sweden... I'm just wondering how you think PA is just wrapping up? Their number of cases are rising rapidly.

Roger T. Bannon

I don't know anything about Sweden... I'm just wondering how you think PA is just wrapping up? Their number of cases are rising rapidly.
    There is not much more to do but wrap-up at this point. They are shut down. The people that are going to get it or have basically gotten it and then you bury then and then it is over unless you reopen too soon. Then you do it all over again.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

I'll take that action Rog!

PAULYPOKER

Fauci must of read this thread before he announced the deaths would not reach 100,000.....

But every naysaying jackass on the site is actually saying THE US SHOULDA NEVER SHUT DOWN....

Now that's fukkin stupid,I don't care who ya are........

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30424

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Fauci must of read this thread before he announced the deaths would not reach 100,000.....

But every naysaying jackass on the site is actually saying THE US SHOULDA NEVER SHUT DOWN....

Definitely should have shut it down. Would have been complete anarchy otherwise
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PAULYPOKER

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Yes, but the shutdown will have been mostly for naught if it opens up too soon without widespread testing in place. The only benefit is hospitals will be at least a little bit more prepared than they would have been.

I still think people are in denial about being able to get back to normal without seeing a huge outbreak flair back up again. The only real way is to have 100% widespread, fast and accessible home testing, widely available antibody testing and processes and procedures for containment. That, along with people still practicing social distancing while out and wearing masks. Until there is a vaccine, that is the only way. At this point, the testing capability somehow still seems nowhere in sight. Maybe that will change overnight, we'll see.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PAULYPOKER

keely85
    Update your status
    keely85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 104

Imagine if they responsibly shut down for just ONE month and used the trillions to pay salary for a month for everyone furloughed and like a stipend for others. Prob woulda curtailed most of it.

Had an acquaintance of in-law die today. 33 no existing conditions. Turned away from 3 hospitals Bc of age. Died in her parents house today. Never tested.

This shit is wild imo. And people still out there just chillin like “odds in my favor if I get it oh well”.
    Nomination(s):

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by keely85 View Post
    Imagine if they responsibly shut down for just ONE month and used the trillions to pay salary for a month for everyone furloughed and like a stipend for others. Prob woulda curtailed most of it.

Had an acquaintance of in-law die today. 33 no existing conditions. Turned away from 3 hospitals Bc of age. Died in her parents house today. Never tested.

This shit is wild imo. And people still out there just chillin like “odds in my favor if I get it oh well”.
    Oh my!
    Sorry to hear that as it is very sad..........

This tragedy of her death should not go in VAIN!

Need to somehow get her story on national spotlight as I'm almost certain there are
    many stories like hers...........

Because for some ungodly reason many Americans are basically braindead when it comes to this
    pandemic........

So dismissive they'd would probably immediately just block it out of their psyche ........

USA is going to be hit the hardest by far because of the people.....

We already are the hardest hit and if social distancing ends prematurely it will 10 fold............

Too many Americans are brainwashed into thinking the USA is superior over the rest of the world.......

The truth is here as I type..............

WE ARE NOT SUPERIOR OVER ANYBODY............

NUMBERS and SCIENCE DON'T LIE...........

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Financial hit is stunning....hotels, sports, tons of places related to food..nyc subway ridership down 93 percent. Us postal service will be insolvent without money by September this year. Sales tax lost revenue and state and federal taxes is beyond belief.
    Last edited by nyplayer33; 04-11-20 at 05:54 PM.

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

Oh my!
    Sorry to hear that as it is very sad..........

This tragedy of her death should not go in VAIN!

Need to somehow get her story on national spotlight as I'm almost certain there are
    many stories like hers...........

Because for some ungodly reason many Americans are basically braindead when it comes to this
    pandemic........

So dismissive they'd would probably immediately just block it out of their psyche ........

USA is going to be hit the hardest by far because of the people.....

We already are the hardest hit and if social distancing ends prematurely it will 10 fold............

Too many Americans are brainwashed into thinking the USA is superior over the rest of the world.......

The truth is here as I type..............

WE ARE NOT SUPERIOR OVER ANYBODY............

NUMBERS and SCIENCE DON'T LIE...........
    There are variances in human psychological nature just as there are in human immune systems, availability of treatments, approach, risk, you name it... people will be who they are.. especially people from America... free thinkers. Is what it is

mezmurized2
    Update your status
    mezmurized2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

Quote Originally Posted by topgame85 View Post
    Most people understand this, I hope. This does not mean they were very ill or close to death however.
    High blood pressure, diabetes, immuno-diseases all carry normal life expectancy and are treatable under normal circumstances. In other words, these ppl would not have died anytime soon unless they caught it.
    True.

mezmurized2
    Update your status
    mezmurized2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

....... Now here's the scary part... there are likely MILLIONS of people in this country alone that share this same sentiment. These types of people are the most dangerous and ignorant people on the planet right now.
    Can anyone tell me who may have planted this seed in their heads?
    Was it Trish Regan?
    Last edited by mezmurized2; 04-11-20 at 12:46 AM.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

The US has recorded its deadliest day during the coronavirus pandemic.

It has become the first country to record more than 2,000 deaths in 24 hours

Almost 19,000 Americans have now died from deadly virus

The total number of Americans infected also skyrocketed to half a million Friday

The US is on track to become the deadliest nation in the world from the virus, as it rapidly edges closer to Italy's death toll of 18,849

New York state, which remains the epicenter of the US outbreak, makes up almost half of the total death toll across the whole of the US with 7,844 dead

America's deadliest day was even worse than experts could have predicted after forecasters said 1,983 people would die from coronavirus Friday

Peak resource use for hospitals is predicted to occur on Saturday where an estimated 86,379 beds, 17,707 ICU beds and 15,414 ventilators will be needed

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19456

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    SBR Pros are 7.23% less likely to contract COVID virus than non pros.

That's just math, pal.
    That is a great incentive to go pro

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by zam77 View Post
    There are variances in human psychological nature just as there are in human immune systems, availability of treatments, approach, risk, you name it... people will be who they are.. especially people from America... free thinkers. Is what it is

Sadly,badly and madly true......

If I were a Bio Weapon Engineer for a country whose numero uno ENEMY was the USA
    and wanted to create a Virus Bio weapon targeting the USA with minimal collateral damage
    as the USA would be destroyed from within through natural selection of the AMERICAN's
    OWN thought process, COVID 19 would be the ULTIMATE weapon of choice so perfect
    in which AMERICANS would be textbook perfect for the boiling frog theory as this forum
    is loaded with em............

They WILL with FREE WILL die out of spite before being told what to do and blindly demise
    from the most deadliest sin of all known as PRIDE.......
    (Doesn't matter if your religious or not PRIDE is DEADLY of the DEADLIEST across every language known to man)
    Lust, envy, anger, greed, gluttony and sloth are all bad, the sages say, but pride is the deadliest of all, the root of all evil, and the beginning of sin. ... Pride is self-respect and self-esteem, he says, but then warns that pride is arrogance and hubris as well.
    Think I explained what I was thinking here but i'm not sure if It'll come across the way I want
    it to as It's very deep shit as it's very hard for me to explain as I see it........
    But make no mistake, I know what I see...........

But in fact the COVID 19 VIRUS was scientifically proven as a BAT borne virus
    so the China made it in the lab theory is BAT SHIT CRAZY or is it?

Could have China taken this BAT Borne Virus and genetically reproduce it
    without a trace of manipulation of man?

Or just stumbled across it and bottle it as is?

Or just tested and experimented with it and said,
    "we just hit the fukkin JACKPOT!"?

I dunno as I'm not a scientist,but I'd surely like to hear a scientist's
    or many answer this question? or maybe one already did see and
    disproved this theory?

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Dont need to be a scientist....some say its from a lab most say no..that will vontinue to be debated.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Looks like USA has about 30% of confirmed covid cases and about 20% of deaths worldwide. USA is less than 5% of the world population.
    Nomination(s):

Roger T. Bannon

This is not a bio-weapon. It is too perfect. Nature is perfection. Man would make a highly destructive virus but it would never wipe out the entire financial system of the entire world. That is something only nature can do by complete randomness. This virus is the result of mass population and capitalism and it destroyed it with perfection.

chidondollars
    chidondollars's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1315

Bio trade warfare, China played smart

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 396

PAULYPOKER

04-06-20 08:58 AM

For 100,000 people to die from COVID 19 in the US there would have to be a total.....

of at least 3,870,418 confirmed cases with 100% of the serious/critical cases dying.......

Using the % rates of all the cases up until now.........

The way I see it as of now there is a slim to no chance at all to even getting near
    the 100,000 predicted death toll let alone 200,000.......

Which is FANTASTIC if these %ages hold up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't really see why they wouldn't...........
    3,009,121 total cases.... 132,722 deaths......

Numbers close without 100% Serious/Critical dying
    Last edited by PAULYPOKER; 07-06-20 at 02:08 PM.

First 123