sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

Ive played with and against Markus Howard who is the best scorer in the entire nation right now. back then I was a solid defender and could hold my own against anybody BUT I couldn't touch Markus. he is a 4 level player meaning he can shoot from anywhere on the court, but if you press him he devours you off the dribble. these kinds of players did not exist back in the day. this is a new era. nowadays if you aren't a PG in the league that can shoot the ball then you are a dying breed. Ricky Rubio types are a dying breed. you must be able to apply pressure on the defense at a minimum of 3 levels which makes individual defense nearly impossible when everyone on the opposing team is a knock down shooter.

the truth is we are witnessing a revolution of the offensive game in basketball whereas defense has remained stagnant for the most part. you can only do so much w/o the ball in your hands. but when you do have the ball you are limitless and creativity levels are absolutely through the roof. this is true across the board for all sports. just look at the numbers. football w/ the dual threat QB. baseball setting records for homeruns. it is evolution. it is inevitable.

sosawestbrook

Quote Originally Posted by sosawestbrook View Post
    you must be able to apply pressure on the defense at a minimum of 3 levels which makes individual defense nearly impossible when everyone on the opposing team is a knock down shooter.
    watch the MAVS on ESPN right now to see what I mean. this is an all time level offense. are people aware of that?

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16107

It's not evolution it's ratings. People in China like high scoring games - look at their own domestic league - and Adam Silver/ David Stern have delivered it to their biggest cash cow.

IBetYou

Watching the Rockets/ Atlanta game here is analytics at its most cringeworthy. Rockets are saying we'll give Bembry an open three because he's a mediocre shooter and the Hawks are saying we'll let anyone have an open shot so long as it's not Harden. This is the consequence of defense being way too difficult.

IBetYou

Just an atrocious product. At least this Rockets/ Atlanta game is the worst of it and not the average.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    It's not evolution it's ratings. People in China like high scoring games - look at their own domestic league - and Adam Silver/ David Stern have delivered it to their biggest cash cow.
    Excellent!!!!!!

sosawestbrook

you think guys like James and Luka exist because the LEAGUE created them? thats a joke bro. for real. if you are under the impression that the league is operating as some sort of a super player factory then you need to wake up. these are special players w/ never before seen talents. it is a gift. these guys are breaking the matrix and introducing fans of the game to a side of basketball that we have never EVER seen before.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 338

NBA is my worst sport

sosawestbrook

Steph curry exists because the commissioner?are we serious? trae young? Luka? James? Lebron? dont give a damn who the commissioner is. thats a joke. fukk China. if you can produce those types of players by bending the rules then they wouldn't rely on us to do that for them would they?

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4888

Luka clearly said it is easier to score in nba than in Europe . lack of effort in defense is clearly viseable

sosawestbrook

Just an atrocious product. At least this Rockets/ Atlanta game is the worst of it and not the average.
    how you can watch James Harden and trae young do their thing and not be excited to watch is beyond me. you are not a fan of the game. maybe the WNBA is more your style. heard they play defense and pass the ball around and all that stuff.

IBetYou

Steph curry exists because the commissioner?are we serious? trae young? Luka? James? Lebron? dont give a damn who the commissioner is. thats a joke. fukk China. if you can produce those types of players by bending the rules then they wouldn't rely on us to do that for them would they?
    Funny you should say that because they do make super-stars of mediocre players over there. Guys like Jimmer Fredette putting up 60pts on a regular basis. He's playing for Panathinaikos now, and no he don't look like a super-star.

IBetYou

Did you see Giannis in the World Cup? Did he look like a super-star? FIBA is real basketball, similar to what it was in the NBA 10 years ago.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

Funny you should say that because they do make super-stars of mediocre players over there. Guys like Jimmer Fredette putting up 60pts on a regular basis. He's playing for Panathinaikos now, and no he don't look like a super-star.
    Lance Stephenson is playing in China and he just bully ball these guys over there.. It is quite funny

IBetYou

Adam Silver is deeply concerned about ratings even today. He realises he can't push the scoring up anymore so he's trying other gimmicks now, like a mid-season tournament. NBA is competing with all sorts of evening entertainment, not just the other major leagues.

sosawestbrook

I just think the philosophy you are presenting doesn't do any good for a sports bettor. if it is such an atrocious product then why watch it? there is money to be made in this sport. thats a fact. surely paying attention to the game & putting in the work to stay ahead is a dreadful process for you?

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

Kobe Bryant thinks that the game in Europe is tougher than in the NBA.

The five-time NBA champion isn’t particularly happy with how easily referees are calling fouls these days in cases like a “light hand check” and even went as far as saying that this kind of officiating has made the game less physical than in Europe.
    Last edited by Darkside Magick; 01-08-20 at 08:15 PM.

sosawestbrook

the ratings are irrelevant. I am streaming 3 different NBA games right now. none of those will register w/ the rating system. it is all about social media following and NBA leads the charge in that BAR NONE.

IBetYou

I just think the philosophy you are presenting doesn't do any good for a sports bettor. if it is such an atrocious product then why watch it? there is money to be made in this sport. thats a fact. surely paying attention to the game & putting in the work to stay ahead is a dreadful process for you?
    I watch it because I know enough to make money on it. It would be better if the game was more interesting than just a shooting contest. Like watching darts!

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

ibet couldn't be more correct

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

I think people have a love for the game as I do and just want to see it in a better essence

sosawestbrook

anyway though we are getting off track. we should not deter from the fact that there is money to be made in this sport and that is the ULTIMATE goal for US. lets leave the fluff for ESPN airheads who have nothing else to do. lets get this $.

sosawestbrook

I watch it because I know enough to make money on it. It would be better if the game was more interesting than just a shooting contest. Like watching darts!
    fair enough.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I'll be your huckleberry. Celtics back at home now and need this win after coming off an embarrassing loss on the road. I think they take the Spurs at home tonight.. Celtics are one of the better teams in the league when playing at home. I expect maximum effort from the Celtics tonight.

Pending1/8/20 7:05pm NBA Basketball 570 Boston Celtics -270* vs San Antonio Spurs

Celtics last 4 games..

Date Home/Away Opponent Time
    1/8 vs San Antonio 4:00 PM PST
    CSNE, FSSW
    12/31 @ Charlotte W 109 - 92
    1/3 vs Atlanta W 109 - 106
    1/4 @ Chicago W 111 - 104
    1/6 @ Washington L 99 - 94
    You never learn

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4888

agree ibet

good call dark !

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    Orlando Magic -11.5 +127 vs Washington Wizards

Love no sweat games like this

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

Golden State Warriors +11.5 +135 vs Milwaukee Bucks

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11767

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    You never learn
    I suck right now. TOTAL MUSH ON SBR!! Can't believe Boston didn't show up tonight at home.. Bad karma coming back to me for calling out Weeders on ML plays..

I'm done.. Retire from posting pending for a while after another HORRID ML loss on a SBR pending bet post.. ...

It's All you guys now!!! Get em Cowboys!!!!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Jibby you went cold

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11767

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Jibby you went cold
    Yup... Slap me down JJ.. It's my turn to be mush on this forum for now.. I had it coming.. Shiiit happens!!!

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Ratboy-lake-lake hasn't been able to attention whore NBA plays himself cuz of the NFL play-offs so he starts this dumb useless thread instead. stfu fukking ratboy.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Sometimes bet both sides of the game breaks the streak

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    You never learn
    Who the fuk are you to teach? You are his bitch

skinhead
    skinhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5813

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    +8.43 YTD, I post them when I got them.

Nothing yet for Wednesday.
    lakerboy win again

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

anyway though we are getting off track. we should not deter from the fact that there is money to be made in this sport and that is the ULTIMATE goal for US. lets leave the fluff for ESPN airheads who have nothing else to do. lets get this $.
    Bro you didn't post one play. All talk.

First 12345 Last