When I was working, i would always make free trips. Been around the world on the companies dime.
Made 2 trips to new york city. The first one to new york was when mama mia first came out. We stayed in baltimore on the waterfront for first 5 days and then the guys that were the elite got to go on train trip to new york city and stay at the marriot marquis. Anyway I bought 2 tickets for 100 a piece to mama mia. I could of took my girl at the time but who wants to spend all that money. One of the home office girls offered me 125 a piece plus a bj. She wasn't pretty but hey i made 50 bucks and got service at the same time. I told my mom I didn't get the tickets but i would take her to visit one of her p.r. cousins. Well the damn cab cost my 80 bucks. So after seeing the dwelling her cousin lived in I about shit my pants when he said he was offered a million for it. I made the mistake of offering to buy them dinner. We went to this place on city island that offered sea food. I figured that if i could keep the bill about 150 i still would be ahead. These fukkers were drinking 15 dollar glasses of wine while i was drinking water. they were having lobster while i was eating a 12 burger. I was so pissed i was turning red. After all was said and done I had a 400 bill. I was fuming but my mother told me "hijo, nunca seas barato con tu madre" It means never be cheap with your mother. That girl thanked her for letting her buy her ticket. She said if i would of taken her to mama mia it would of been a lot cheaper. She knew i could afford it. I told her next time if i was going to get screwed i as taken a girlfriend.