A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    AK
    can you elaborate, Sir? thanks!
    Programmed into my watchlist are a few things..... SOXX (semi conductor index), RCD (consumer discretionary), the yield curve on government treasuries...These are just a few. I also read the COT report every week. Gives you a sense where the institutional players are relative to the retail crowd. https://www.cftc.gov/MarketReports/C...ders/index.htm

If one of these things is slightly off it is not a BIG deal. However, if BIG players start going the opposite of the retail crowd and SOXX drops hard combined with news about consumer confidence falling I will start trimming away positions I do not plan on holding for the next 20 years or so. Would rather have ca$h on hand for a large pullback.

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    Why do you bother with this low float stuff?
    UEPS is a holding of IPAY. I've been a big buyer of V and MA for a long time which I can hold through IPAY.

I agree valuations will get a closer look once real growth of inflation and interest rates are fully priced in. I don't think we overheat. Just be very choppy.

A4K

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    UEPS is a holding of IPAY. I've been a big buyer of V and MA for a long time which I can hold through IPAY.

I agree valuations will get a closer look once real growth of inflation and interest rates are fully priced in. I don't think we overheat. Just be very choppy.
    Good for you. I made a lot of money on **** LEAPS last year. Hope it works out for you.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11090

i don't like being on the sidelines for the rally. no one but myself to blame. waiting for the next run of bad news so i can get back in

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

All I know is that May has been very kind to me. Up nearly $1500 this month.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    All I know is that May has been very kind to me. Up nearly $1500 this month.
    nice. they saying is "may go away" but i think that is dead. it's a new world now

homie1975

BIDU dropping like a rock after hitting a new high 3 days ago. It's pulling everything down with it

homie1975

picked up BIDU at 253. stock dropped after management was reshuffled. just a few days ago it reached all time highs. blood in the streets there so i scooped it up

homie1975

trade war tensions easing or at least being pushed down the road so the market will open way up tomorrow

homie1975

pretty much everything is up...........except BIDU lol

homie1975

doubled up my shares and took BIDU at 242.

hoping the sellers are tired now because this is now a stock that is 15% off its All time high last week

RoyBacon

Don't follow BIDU but just looked up their earnings estimates. Off the fuggin charts! Looking for $104 in '21. That's some serious earnings.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Forgot to check this thread, I'll get caught up soon.

Here's one I posted a few days back....LNG. The management team is good and just simple price and volume action implies we could see $74 or $75 and that run, even if it drops between now and then, is poised to happen with a pretty high degree of probability.

I may dip a few more hundred shares just to take some profit at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    ...Getting my trading desk in order, then I'll share what I come up with. One of the best stocks I've seen in a while is LNG.

Energy company, I know the relative of the CEO and have followed his management for some time. They are good for companies in energy and I think the stock, technically, seems to have already built in his improvements.

Investors are getting positioned. It just broke out a bit but I see it as a $75 stock, even if it falls back through and tanks a bit. I would buy for sure on the drop...

A4K

doubled up my shares and took BIDU at 242.

hoping the sellers are tired now because this is now a stock that is 15% off its All time high last week
    I'm long with 15JUN calls. This stock has dropped waaaay too fast over the last 2 sessions, IMO

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

I'm long with 15JUN calls. This stock has dropped waaaay too fast over the last 2 sessions, IMO
    Interesting, it looks like some serious profit taking but a decent issue.

Good Luck here.

A4K

Interesting, it looks like some serious profit taking but a decent issue.

Good Luck here.

Thanks. Great thing about this stock is that it can really move when it takes off. Hoping for $15k by Friday's close.
    Points Awarded:

homie1975 gave A4K 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

I recently shifted a significant amount of sports betting money and opened a new account just with that.

It’s meant to be aggressive with options being traded as well, particularly around these positions. For now, I looked for income, and allocated a bit for a pullback in the market, going long with the big guys as a base. I realize some of these are bought at highs, but the time frame for the long position is out there for now. I ignored some technicals and wouldn’t be surprised if the account value fell a bit. GME and GE are positions serving both as a dividend and a long position for option gambles, they are questionable as short term trades for sure.

The small and mid interest is a little high in allocation but MORT is income as well and LNG is being held a little higher for eventual leverage. I often have great probability indications on time frame and price movement for LNG.

The international interest is small with USRT.

I still don’t have options approved on this account, it’s a new account and I forgot to apply but it should happen anytime. As my trading desk ramps up this account will take a different form and will have a more trades.

This is not an investment account so much as it is a gambling account branching into the markets that will evolve over time. I may post other investment accounts with different objectives as I build new positions in them.

% Alloc Totals Cost Basis
    US Lrg Cap
    GE 3.45 14.70
    AMZN 7.68 1604.24
    AAPL 5.63 188.47
    MSFT 5.87 98.65
    PFE 5.31 35.84
    Mid/Small/Int
    LNG 7.44 62.99
    GME 3.02 12.69
    MORT 11.12 23.38
    USRT 5.57
    Fixed Income
    PFFD 5.77 24.20
    SCHZ 6.02 50.48
    HYLB 5.88 49.37
    Cash 27.24

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

i don't like being on the sidelines for the rally. no one but myself to blame. waiting for the next run of bad news so i can get back in
    I feel that. Sitting on the side and things kept going up.

I saw some symbols on the other page, sorry I didn't get back. You'll see that I've been a little busy in a few posts. I will check out your post tonight.

I got a little impatient and bought some stocks at highs. A pullback won't surprise me and I may even try to lessen the blow in the options market.

I was going to pick up some commodity exposure to offset a pullback with the rest of the portfolio but think it's just a bit too soon. Good thing...they all dropped....

GLTR, SGOL, DBB, USL

I was hoping USL would fall, the world news is still a little bit of bullshit and it will go up again for sure. Some economies threatening to suppress prices rely on those prices...they'll only damage themselves so much.

We might be able to trade USL for profit over the next year, with a long position and options around it.

The US is the worry, they can manipulate the market to damage those economies.

CELG

I think it was Motley Fool that brought CELG to my attention. A beat up pharma that should recover with solid cash flow from a drug for the next few years.

CELG is at $78 and I think that it will hit $96 or so then break out to about the mid $120's. The real buy point is around $96. I want to buy part of the position now to take advantage of the low price.

The problem and gamble is that it may not be ready to go to $96 yet and if there is a broader pullback this stock could fall. If this stock falls, I am having trouble identifying a support point.

Yikes. It probably won't fall far as I still think it will go to $96 and then to $124 or so.

So maybe I buy a partial position now, average down if it drops, or finish my position if it sets to break out. If it paid a dividend I wouldn't hesitate to take a whole position over a couple of days next week.

The stock is CELG and is $78.63 a share.

Take a look at it guys.

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9424

If you're wanting to invest in pharma, ABMD, ALGN, PEN, QDEL, ICUI are great choices.
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave guitarjosh 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Recessions are always coming but what is the time horizon?

The economy is relatively strong. However, market participants priced a lot of this great news in already in 2017. I want to see how the economy reacts as inflation rises and the Fed attempts to reign it in with rate hikes. As rates climb so will credit card payments, student loans, etc. If the working and lowering working class have to spend more of their money on things like loans and gasoline we will probably see earnings start to suffer for discretionary items.

I'm keeping my eye on a number of market "canary's" so to speak to avoid being the last out. We are fine right now.
    I had some fears, but I think you're right. I think the get out folks will start to bail and the institutions and traders will could buy into that pressure resulting in rising broader markets. Eventually, when the sellers dissipate and the markets seem strong, we might see some sort of consolidation before a fall.

I think.

I hope it's not consolidating now.

guitarjosh

Let's see how these do this week:

ABMD

ADBE

ALGN

ATHM

BOOT

ETFC

FTNT

HTHT

LPLA

M

MED

MU

NFLX

NSP

SIVB

TAL

TCMD

TTD

TTGT

TWTR

WWE

ZBRA

guitarjosh

I had some fears, but I think you're right. I think the get out folks will start to bail and the institutions and traders will could buy into that pressure resulting in rising broader markets. Eventually, when the sellers dissipate and the markets seem strong, we might see some sort of consolidation before a fall.

I think.

I hope it's not consolidating now.
    It's not. One of the things I like to look at is the consumer discretionary vs consumer staples. CD is around an all time high vs CS, which means people are still aggressive. You'll see CS outperform CD before you have a real fall.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Good stuff GuitarJosh, I think we get some more money into the markets yet as well.

I set up a watch list in my Schwab StreetSmartedge trading console called "GuitarJosh" for your stocks above.

Some good stocks in there that indicate the flow of money in those sectors, good ones to watch. Eventually I'll break it down by sector for this platform.

RoyBacon

Is there a BIDU quote available from the Chinese exchange?

RoyBacon

Italy drops a turd in the global market punch bowl. Germany and France bearing the brunt of things off 1.6%. Everywhere else down 1%. US down nearly 1%.

It's always tempting to dismiss problems from a non major Euro country. But I think we have to sit on our hands a bit when they are able to drag all markets down.

Back to looking at gold, GLD. After challenging $1400 gold has dropped back to $1300 mostly on peace in Korea potential and rising short rates. Meanwhile, the world is awash in debt and inflation is creeping back.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Definitely a knee jerk reaction to Italy, but there are real problems there awaiting elections.

We just might see the markets come back a bit today, we just might...lol.

Here's a new idea I came up with but we may be riding a pull back for a while...

KVB Total Return Fund

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

...The stock is CELG and is $78.63 a share...
    Just picked up some at 79.

RoyBacon

Definitely a knee jerk reaction to Italy, but there are real problems there awaiting elections.

We just might see the markets come back a bit today, we just might...lol.

Here's a new idea I came up with but we may be riding a pull back for a while...

KVB Total Return Fund
    Love MORT and USRT is pretty good too. I've got a kin to PFFD and like it.

Don't like HYLB. Those others are already risky in both quality and to rate increases. Rather see a diversified in there like a YYY or a high quality tax free in there fetching over 5% like a MYI.
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave RoyBacon 6 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Thanks Roy, good looking out.

One of my favorite plain ole stocks here is LNG.

Up today in the down market I can say that I know the current LNG CEO and he does fantastic work.

Investments in individual companies often require looking at management as well as the company.

LNG has a real winner with Jack and I'm sure he'll eventually be recruited elsewhere to turn another energy or gas company around.
    Take a look at LNG everyone, it's a solid company.

RoyBacon

Thanks Roy, good looking out.

One of my favorite plain ole stocks here is LNG.

Up today in the down market I can say that I know the current LNG CEO and he does fantastic work.

Investments in individual companies often require looking at management as well as the company.

LNG has a real winner with Jack and I'm sure he'll eventually be recruited elsewhere to turn another energy or gas company around.
    Take a look at LNG everyone, it's a solid company.
    Lost money 8 of the last 12 quarters. But stock has been on a tear lately.

Made $2 a share in earnings past 2 quarters. I'd have to take a hard look at that guy. What's driving profit? Not just the price increase of NG I wouldn't think.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    Love MORT...

...like a YYY or a high quality tax free in there fetching over 5% like a MYI.
    MORT is the largest allocation right now in my "Fund"

Great suggestions for the income, including tax free. I was initially going to go tax free but some research changed my mind.

I like what you are putting down RoyBacon, thanks.

Here's quick headline for from early May LNG...

Cheniere Energy's profits soared almost sevenfold in the first quarter, driven by higher liquefied gas cargoes from its Sabine Pass LNG terminal...

...Solid LNG market fundamentals and the strategic positioning of our world-class LNG platform reinforce my confidence in our long-term growth prospects," Cheniere CEO Jack Fusco said in a statement.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

In my watchlists I'm placing virtually every recently suggested ticker symbol in this thread for further examination.

I'll be bringing some to the table as well.

RoyBacon

Two of my bigger holdings are two of MORT's biggest holdings; STWD and AGNC.

AGNC is really interesting with it's near 12% dividend. Can't be scared out of this one when rates creep up. This is leveraged so not saying something can't go wrong but boy making 1% a month is nice.

I got a much bigger position in STWD. It's 9% dividend is safe. Very well managed.

guitarjosh

Quote Originally Posted by guitarjosh View Post
    Let's see how these do this week:

ABMD

ADBE

ALGN

ATHM

BOOT

ETFC

FTNT

HTHT

LPLA

M

MED

MU

NFLX

NSP

SIVB

TAL

TCMD

TTD

TTGT

TWTR

WWE

ZBRA
    S&P 500 today: -1.16%

The above picks today: -.0259%

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

A couple of those plays up nicely for today Guitar. That could be a good sign for those issues.

First ... 12131415161718 ... Last