Sam Losco
    Sam Losco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13678

the promo would have a good payout structure if there were more points in "prize money". no more rewarding people who fold over and over and over

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Can you please post the final event structure Drew?

If we’re talking something like 20 minute blind levels that is less likely to turn into a 50 man all in push and pray fest some players on the fence might participate in qualifying.

If we’re talking the same tired final structure of 8-10 minute levels there is literally no incentive in spending minimum 60 hours to qualify. The absolute best a player could score is $25 an hour and 2nd to last place is more than likely losing money.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    Can you please post the final event structure Drew?

If we’re talking something like 20 minute blind levels that is less likely to turn into a 50 man all in push and pray fest some players on the fence might participate in qualifying.

If we’re talking the same tired final structure of 8-10 minute levels there is literally no incentive in spending minimum 60 hours to qualify. The absolute best a player could score is $25 an hour and 2nd to last place is more than likely losing money.
    the fact you want to know this lets us know you are buried

regardless, I expect all the brokedilly dillys in poker to join

SharpAngles

Quote Originally Posted by qwertvt View Post
    Is the change in the payout structure permanent? It lays out the change as if it’s just for this contest which ends March 28. What happens in April? Does it revert back?

Poker for points has essentially ended for tournament play. You can play an hour, and if you dodge the bad beats, you walk away with very little in terms of points. Perhaps no points. Literally pointless.
    The WSOP main event buyin series a few years back paid the top 5 daily which was highly controversial. It went back to the standard daily format after but it seems like they were more interested in growing poker back then so who knows this time around.

Decent event until I was bubbled out of the final table by AutoDonks river set to beat my overpair. Despised that guy ever since.

SharpAngles

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    the fact you want to know this lets us know you are buried

regardless, I expect all the brokedilly dillys in poker to join
    As usual, Rudy is clueless. It took me 3.5 seconds to know this series is not worth my time. I was asking because it would be nice information for guys who didn’t realize the finals are usually all in gamblefests.

i thought you were on the players side SBR player advocate???

RudyRuetigger

sbr realized poker takes a bite

but they are going about it all wrong

those are facts

RudyRuetigger

I also pointed it out didn't cost enough betpoints to renew pro...so they raised the price

well they need to fukkin get more shit straight

I do not work for free anymore

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5588

SBR Drew first promo.....

strikeout (0-1)
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: qwertvt, and chico2663

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

Nobody going to play twice as long for less then half the points. First 10 minutes will be all in every hand.

Last time we had similar tourney 1st place was 12K. Totally stupid for SBR not being represented at WSOP.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Lex_icon

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9208

Geez, why are poker players so negative about everything.

We have a SHORTER promo that pays MORE CASH.

Poker has been giving away more than double the points as Beat The Prick.

The points were supposed to generate ring game action and help poker grow. But so many people insist on flipping instead of playing that that angle makes no sense to continue.

Let's give this a chance. If it proves as unpopular as some posters here say it will, then I am sure Drew will change it up for the next one.

Just glad we have a new promotion, and that it is a shorter period one like just about everyone has been calling for.

I love the idea of more promos per year with extra real cash than we have had before. The waterfall of points coming from poker just didn't work to stimulate the play as intended. Now Bobbywaves can flip away until his heart is content and it wont hurt anyone.

And my poker playing friends... if you really want SBR to reduce poker promos just keep up the same constant negativity and whining. Can anyone recall any promo announcement thread like this that hasn't filled up with obnoxious negative jerks saying ti sucks? No other promo, just the poker promos. Juts the promos that paid you the most free points. Thats what you lot bitch about so hard every single time no matter what.

Kind of surprised PO69 hasn't made it in here yet to explain how every thing should be changed as well.

franklee168
    franklee168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16693

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

The points were supposed to generate ring game action and help poker grow. But so many people insist on flipping instead of playing that that angle makes no sense to continue.

Let's give this a chance. If it proves as unpopular as some posters here say it will, then I am sure Drew will change it up for the next one.

Just glad we have a new promotion, and that it is a shorter period one like just about everyone has been calling for.

I love the idea of more promos per year with extra real cash than we have had before. The waterfall of points coming from poker just didn't work to stimulate the play as intended. Now Bobbywaves can flip away until his heart is content and it wont hurt anyone.

And my poker playing friends... if you really want SBR to reduce poker promos just keep up the same constant negativity and whining. Can anyone recall any promo announcement thread like this that hasn't filled up with obnoxious negative jerks saying ti sucks? No other promo, just the poker promos. Juts the promos that paid you the most free points. Thats what you lot bitch about so hard every single time no matter what.

Kind of surprised PO69 hasn't made it in here yet to explain how every thing should be changed as well.
    Finally, a voice of reason chimes in.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Are these daily qualifiers in addition to the current daily tourneys or in place of?

If so, as the 2017 reigning tournament champion I’d like to say this kind of sucks. Doubt I will be playing as much if at all, and it doesn’t sound like I’m alone. SBR u have to do what u have to do but this will also hurt forum traffic as most of my viewing and posting is while I’m playing the poker tourneys and I’m sure plenty of others are the same way.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!

Opti....my opinion is that if I do well in a daily tournament (currently) I feel rewarded by what I win in points. Now that has gone away.

Yes there is a big tournament at the end....but only once or twice in the last few years has that had a structure that didn’t make it all in fest. So the winner is who gets cards (or suckouts) in the end.

Wish there would have been a poll first. Keep current structure with no promos or new structure with one big tournament at the end. I bet the current structure would have won easily.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51409

Good points in general. Of course people (myself included) are going to be disappointed that the dailies pay out less - how could we not be? But yes, it's not really a justification to complain - everyone certainly can choose not to participate if they don't like it.

As I said myself earlier, I do like the shorter promotion style - gives people more options in regards to participating vs not in this one or the next one and such rather than being sort of all or nothing with a longer promotion. And the point about it not helping the ring games is very valid.

What I don't quite understand is if SBR feels flipping is what is really causing a problem - why not just ban it? I've been saying for awhile (as a flipper myself no less!) that it would make total sense to do that to help the community. Seems a shame that if SBR feels that flipping is preventing poker from growing that they potentially take an extreme measure to alter that rather than just simply forbidding it.

But yes I do also really like the idea of more promos rather than one or two very long ones. There can be no denying that in these "final" tourneys, there is a rather large element of luck so it definitely can be frustrating when you get bad beated out of one and all the effort you put in to qualify over four months seemingly was for naught. Having more promos with smaller prizes I think is really good - allows your luck to even out over time just as the dailies do themselves.

Anyway, guess we'll see what happens, only time will tell how people like this!

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!

Better yet, let’s make the buy in 50 points and up the stakes. I just hate playing a two hour tournament to finish second and get 175. Complete waste of time.

Hell you get 175 in less than two minutes on the trivia.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mikejamm, and zwoeins

RudyRuetigger

the funniest part is he says POKER IS BACK!!!!

and proceeds to take away most of the value

SharpAngles

Opti I’d hazard a guess that most players are negative here because the same issues are brought up every time a new series is announced yet ignored by SBR every single time. On top of that we recieve announcements that big things are happening then get the same tired event, this time with worse payouts. If they were really interested in growing the poker here they might try listening to suggestions from solid and active players.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mpaschal34

danso
    danso's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3036

dang, poker software not available on MAC?

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by mpaschal34 View Post
    Opti....my opinion is that if I do well in a daily tournament (currently) I feel rewarded by what I win in points. Now that has gone away.

Yes there is a big tournament at the end....but only once or twice in the last few years has that had a structure that didn’t make it all in fest. So the winner is who gets cards (or suckouts) in the end.

Wish there would have been a poll first. Keep current structure with no promos or new structure with one big tournament at the end. I bet the current structure would have won easily.
    Don't get me wrong, more points = better. I want as many as possible too, but realistically, you, me and most of the regulars dont really care how many points it is for. We play for fun and glory really.

We will get used to the lower points structure and if less daily points means more cash and ability to offer other prizes it might just turn out to be more popular. I haven't seen the avg daily player numbers grow in years. More cash, less points, more promos might actually work. Less tourney times doesnt really grab me either, but again realistically it's smart to adjust supply when demand isnt as high as it could be.

Let's at least give Drew a bit if encouragement. He's getting stuff done and imagine what it must be like as a new guy wondering what you have walked into making a new promo thread and getting hammered for it! No where else but the SBR poker sub forum do I see this!

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Are these daily qualifiers in addition to the current daily tourneys or in place of?

If so, as the 2017 reigning tournament champion I’d like to say this kind of sucks. Doubt I will be playing as much if at all, and it doesn’t sound like I’m alone. SBR u have to do what u have to do but this will also hurt forum traffic as most of my viewing and posting is while I’m playing the poker tourneys and I’m sure plenty of others are the same way.
    Replace of. This promo doesn't just blow it really blows and I'm not even getting a hard on. IN the time frame that this promo is running Ill make around 8th place worth of points for this competition and while I could make more in this promo I probably won't in a 100 player tournament. This promo is also bad for nits like Bobbywaves who cashes a lot but hardly even ever finishes in the top 3 in a tournament.

This promo really only helps players who are below average or don't play a lot and might get lucky and finish in the top 10 in this tournament where they normally wouldn't make many points in the regular dailies.
    Last edited by bonzaii; 01-12-18 at 03:55 PM.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by ArunSh View Post
    Good points in general. Of course people (myself included) are going to be disappointed that the dailies pay out less - how could we not be? But yes, it's not really a justification to complain - everyone certainly can choose not to participate if they don't like it.

As I said myself earlier, I do like the shorter promotion style - gives people more options in regards to participating vs not in this one or the next one and such rather than being sort of all or nothing with a longer promotion. And the point about it not helping the ring games is very valid.

What I don't quite understand is if SBR feels flipping is what is really causing a problem - why not just ban it? I've been saying for awhile (as a flipper myself no less!) that it would make total sense to do that to help the community. Seems a shame that if SBR feels that flipping is preventing poker from growing that they potentially take an extreme measure to alter that rather than just simply forbidding it.

But yes I do also really like the idea of more promos rather than one or two very long ones. There can be no denying that in these "final" tourneys, there is a rather large element of luck so it definitely can be frustrating when you get bad beated out of one and all the effort you put in to qualify over four months seemingly was for naught. Having more promos with smaller prizes I think is really good - allows your luck to even out over time just as the dailies do themselves.

Anyway, guess we'll see what happens, only time will tell how people like this!
    Hopefully we will get used to less daily points and end up with players focused on the better cash prizes at the end.

Banning flipping would require extra investment in policing that.

The idea was to catch flies with honey by offering lots of points to stimulate play, positively.

I guess it was not justifiable to add more cost plus a negative policy.

Less points and more prize cash at the end means less costs of people targeting SBR poker to scam out points too.

Better yet, let’s make the buy in 50 points and up the stakes. I just hate playing a two hour tournament to finish second and get 175. Complete waste of time.

Hell you get 175 in less than two minutes on the trivia.
    Obviously Drew is looking at trying to get more new people playing our poker. Making the dailies a buy in event kid of works against that goal.

But could see a place for a regular evening buy in tourney with some overlay added by SBR to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    Opti I’d hazard a guess that most players are negative here because the same issues are brought up every time a new series is announced yet ignored by SBR every single time. On top of that we recieve announcements that big things are happening then get the same tired event, this time with worse payouts. If they were really interested in growing the poker here they might try listening to suggestions from solid and active players.
    We wanted shorter promos and more of them.

We wanted something different than the same world cup etc every year.

I think we all want more tangible prizes like cash and WSOP seats etc.

All that people seem to disagree with is the less daily points?

And if you try to step back and look at the overall picture, that's not really a big trade off for the rest to improve.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25232

Just cancel the new promo....too many ungrateful broke dick pos's
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: frankzig

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    Why don't you go back to playing with ur ass

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    I agree, cancel it

most would vote to leave things the same

funny made this post to poke fun at posters, but talk about a backfire

he is actually right
    Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Why don't you go back to playing with ur ass
    because he is usually full of shit

and well, he ran out of toilet paper

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28769

what is "flipping" anyways?

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Some of you guys are seriously disappointing and this is exactly why I quit playing poker here. How much whining can people possibly do about bloody free poker??? I hope the other amazing forums you play poker at offer you more of what you require because obviously no matter what we do, it’ll never be enough to make some of you happy. What an utter embarrassment.
    Best of luck at the tables.

qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

My question is whether the new payout structure is limited to the promotion, January 29th to March 28th, or is it permanent?

frankzig
    frankzig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3622

You know who the flippers are Ban from poker altogether HA for a free 3.00 get rid of them

frankzig
    frankzig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3622

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Some of you guys are seriously disappointing and this is exactly why I quit playing poker here. How much whining can people possibly do about bloody free poker??? I hope the other amazing forums you play poker at offer you more of what you require because obviously no matter what we do, it’ll never be enough to make some of you happy. What an utter embarrassment.
    Tell them 91

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

SBR Drew first promo.....

strikeout (0-1)

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post

by my calculation, 68% more.....

ps, it's not free when you figure in the 1 1/2 hours you have to spend to win about ten bucks worth of points, and then only if you take the damn trny down.....

you have to admit the payout slash makes it "free poker" practically playing for the equivalent of "play money".....

at least when the top prize was roughly $30, a person could justify wasting over 1 1/2 hours to try and win it.....

now everyone is playing for a combined pool of only 200 more pts on top of the old first place finish.....

that is "bigly" disappointing.....
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 01-12-18 at 04:45 PM.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Here is how you get rid of flipping:

Make LIMIT tables only available for rollovers.

Boom!

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Here is how you get rid of flipping:

Make LIMIT tables only available for rollovers.

Boom!

not really, they'd just agree before hand to max raise preflop and post flop then check check turn riv

SBR Drew
    SBR Drew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Quote Originally Posted by qwertvt View Post
    My question is whether the new payout structure is limited to the promotion, January 29th to March 28th, or is it permanent?
    The structure is tied to the spring series guys...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: qwertvt

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    not really, they'd just agree before hand to max raise preflop and post flop then check check turn riv
    Good point. I haven't played limit in years.

Mods, scratch that idea.

First 123456 ... Last