Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/21/s...n.html?mcubz=1
Family suing the Patriots now..How is that the Patriots fault?
CTE scan showed the worst ever seen for someone his age.. That's alarming, but he could have been head butting stuff hard his entire life, not sure you can pin that down to just football. His head shape looked deformed to be begin with from profile angles as well..Slopping..
Who wants to play football now? ...
Jibbby - it is not a coincidence that the majority of these players have CTE because of football. I know for a fact football has directly affected my short term memory, headaches, dizziness, and blurred vision. It's not just the games but all the practices where you're banging heads all day long. And it's not just helmet to helmet. If we both run into each other at full speed, there's sometimes whiplash that shocks your spine up into your head. That abrupt joggling of your brain is probably worse than a direct hit.

But it gets back to who is responsible? Should the NFL be responsible for all the hits he took in peewee, HS and college too? Should the NFL be responsible if he was irresponsible? Plus, we all know the risks and he agreed to take it. These are tough questions. I think his family is suing just to get what was remaining on his contract, not sure?

My son is not playing football. Nope. I'm surprised that we do not hear more about ex college players. I have so many injuries today from football years ago and UF hasn't had to pay a dime for any of my medical. Fortunately, I've always had great insurance but think of the thousands of guys that don't? These universities should be responsible for some of the long term effects IMO. These guys should at least be insured for a few years after their careers.