tink
    tink's Avatar Become A Pro!

handicappingpolice and atsbets.com are scams

I'm almost embarrassed to admit this, but if I can help some poor newbie save some money it will be worth it. About a year ago I stumbled onto handicappingpolice.com. This website is supposely a watchdog of sport toutes. They say they only endorse touts that are 100% legit. So I checked out some of their touts, who most were insanely expensive. As you could imagine, all the expensive one's had unbelievable records. I checked out ATSbets.com who represents about 9 cappers, who everyone displays an awesome record. So I joined up with a guy supposedly named Rodney Whitehurst. For the next 3 months, I gradually lost money with this guy, with the last 2 weeks losing alot of money. The day I didn't renew my package, Rodney went off for the next two weeks, winning like 20 games in a row. I couldn't believe it. I went back and checked alot of their cappers "detailed records", and all of these mfr's showed the same thing. Lose for a while, then explode for a while (until I guess they got they're next idiot to buy their picks). Talked to a guy who I met in a chatroom, and the same happened to him and a couple of friends. I searched for this topic before I bought into their picks, but couldn't find anything. I'm writing this because I wish someone else had for me. Their picks were monitored correctly while I was buying them, but when I wasn't, they obviously manipulated their record. I emailed them and asked why they don't post games right after they start, and they said they were working towards that. Yea right. How hard is that to do. Anyway, I hope this helps somebody save money, and hopefully helps put these crooks out of business. Anyone else used any of these f'rs?

justbet
    justbet's Avatar Become A Pro!

i used jr miller for a while. he won a ton at frist but then treaded water for a few months. it was good for me to see how someone else caps, and it helped me fly through my rollover for a bunch of bonuses.. but overall i would stay away from touts. just do pags picks and youll be fine

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Call the FBI and they will be shut down. I am on the phone at least 2x a month with Feds in the regional office.

Trunte
    Trunte's Avatar Become A Pro!

Has anyone else had experience with Atsbets.com, oddsboard.com, handicappingpolice.com etc.?
    (all related to www.xxxxxx.com - same IP adress).
    Last edited by Willie Bee; 01-16-07 at 09:22 AM. Reason: remove hyperlink

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

The same IP address as a site that's not registered?

Trunte

Another post, to clarify (and to make sure that my permission to post should not be removed ;-)).

The IP adress for all the following sites is 209.132.230.31.

Atsbets.com, oddsboard.com and handicappoingpolice.com (and several more) use the same IP-adress.

And, furthmore, they are all related to sports-innovation.com (web-page-designer). When you pay Atsbets, the name is the same as the owner of sports-innovation.com

It all seems very peculiar. And I have had the same experience as the one who opened this thread (there are 9 experts on site - over 100 picks have been bought, and the experts are still doing very well - except in those leagues where picks have been bought). Therefore; I am interested to know if anyone else has had experience with any of the mentioned sites.

Just to point out: I can not say for a fact that this is a scam. But it sure smells. I can provide further information if anyone is interested.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

I have a link that posts all touts picks from Wayne Root to J.R. Miller to Dr. Bob....PM me if you are intersted in it.

turnip
    turnip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2110

I've heard before that these were scams, that they lie about their record and whatnot.

Trunte

No - I am only interested in people who have dealt with:

atsbets.com
    oddsboard.com
    betsheet.com
    eddiehawk.com
    expertsportsadvice.com
    globalpickservice.com
    kennethmarcelli.com
    roisports.com

Preferably atsbets.com. They all use www.sports-innovation.com as a web-desgin. They thus all use the same layout - they all employ experts whose names hardly are mentioned anywhere on the google-web (except at sites that are connected to sports-innovation.com) - and who isnt on Google these days? And they all have astounding records - and very streaky ones. One of them had an 48-6 record,for instance.

Cheers.

Trunte

Turnip - where have you heard this?

Reliable sources or rumors?

Trunte

Noone has anything to add?

GolfYoda
    GolfYoda's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hello trunte how do you find these ips? I looked them up and saw the following:

Oddsboard – 66.226.30.131

Handicappingpolice.com – 209.132.230.195

Atsbets.com – 216.55.166.116

Not sure I can believe they could falsify records...I mean they would lose other members and get tons of hate mail I'm sure and there would be threads everywhere..so who knows. I have used Oddsboard before, and had a good run with them for a while, then it went into a slump so I backed off – but never used any of the other sites mentioned.

You have to handicap the handicappers to win in this industry. What about Covers? You try those guys Trunte? The guy at FreeWinners isn't bad either and over last 3 years has been my most trusted.

gman
    gman's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have quite a bit of experience with these guys and I wasn't sure they were a scam, spent quite a bit of money with them and never really had any problems, handicapping results I was very happy with. Then I came back and signed up with Rodney for a week or two cant remember but it was about $600, the first few days were a disaster and due to bad money management I lost much more than I could afford. I complained to them and demanded a refund, which they granted but closed my account and told me not to come back.

Based on my dealings with them, I couldn't say with confidence that they are a scam, although I wouldn't rule it out either.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!

gman? Are you prodigy?

gman

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94
    gman? Are you prodigy?

no, why ?

Raw Dog
    Raw Dog's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've had some experience with these guys also, but only about 2 months. I've tried almost every handicapper they have and haven't had too many problems. There were a couple of times they posted the wrong records, but were quick to fix the error. I've been able to profit a little from thier picks but I'll see how they hold up long term and let everyone know.

fluid
    fluid's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seems there are a few first time posters (Hey, doesnt that include me?) trying to save the reputation of some handicappers to help make money in future.

Remember that the percentage you need to pick at to make money when you are paying for picks is considerably more than when you are on your own. They are not out to help you win, they just want you to pay them. True across the board. Don't ever doubt it!

Raw Dog

yea, guess you're right fluid. just don't have the time to handicap the games. I have had some success so far, so I will see where it takes me.....

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by gman
    no, why ?
    Cause there is a gman on another forum.

gman

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94
    Cause there is a gman on another forum.
    ahh ok, there is a few of them going around on the net

gman

Quote Originally Posted by fluid
    Seems there are a few first time posters (Hey, doesnt that include me?) trying to save the reputation of some handicappers to help make money in future.

Remember that the percentage you need to pick at to make money when you are paying for picks is considerably more than when you are on your own. They are not out to help you win, they just want you to pay them. True across the board. Don't ever doubt it!
    I was only a first time poster because I read this thread and had something to contribute and it was my first time visiting the forum. I found it by searching atsbets in google. Only makes sense that I'm a first time poster doesn't it? I wasn't posting to save anyones reputations I was just sharing my experiences.

tink

Guys, don't believe any positive info you hear on ATSbets or Handicappingpolice. I'm telling you, I used them and talked to others who have used them. THEY ARE A SCAM, SCAM, SCAM, SCAM. Please don't send these f'rs your hard earned money. Do you really think it's conceivable that every capper on ATS is hitting the percentages they are. Wouldn't at least one be in the negative. From what I hear this is the most popular forum for sports betting, so hopefully everyone will check this thread out before throwing away money. Stick to the proven cappers who don't ask for your money in this forum. If you don't listen to my advice, it 's your own fault. I am pissed but also embarrased that I fell for this scam, but I'm trying to turn a negative into a positive here. I like to feel we all got each others backs in this forum.

Raw Dog

Tink that sucks man. I am sorry to hear about your experience with ATS. Can you recommend another handicapping service?

dr.mike
    dr.mike's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks tink, I am also embarrassed to admit that I have tried several of these guys(ROI sports, Fox and Hound, 411 Tilt). I thought I had a great strategy. I only played after either of these cappers had 2 winning days in a row. According to their records, they had a combined 65% win rate in this situation. There customer service is excellent, the records are accurate(when I purchased plays that is), so I just thought it was a run of bad luck. But after 6 months of 51% winners when I played in that high percentage situation, and then back to the 65% winners when I did not purchase the picks. I also emailed them and suggested they post their picks after the game begins, and one said, "sounds like a good idea, we'll keep it in mind for future upgrades, and another said, "we already do a better job of monitoring than most". Man, I can't believe it. I just kept going over the numbers, It's gotta turn around soon. Total bullsh*t. Total!!!

Raw Dog

Another bad experience huh Dr. Mike. Doesn't sound good. I have been purchasing picks from F&H recently, just their power plays and I have hit an awesome run. I've been buying for 13 days and have definately seen a profit. I guess my experiences have been different because I tend to jump around and never hang on for a long time with fear that things will go in the dump. I am threatened by these rumors but I haven't been screwed yet, so I will see and let everyone know.

tink

Raw Dog, there isn't a tout anywhere I would send my money to. It took me too long to understand this. Stick with Pags and the boys hear. You'll come out better. If your really on a good run with F & H, that's great. But what I really feel like is you are affiliated with them somehow and don't want any future customers checking this out. The problem is that there is no way to prove these guys are scams. If you buy there picks for 10 months and hit 50% (and you'll be an idiot to stay on that long) you will eventually see it's not worth the money and bail. Nobody else will jump on them while they're hitting 50% for that price. So with no customers to check their record, they will go on a tremendous win streak for 2 months to savage a good percentage for the year. Then some idiot like me will jump on them because they just hit 85% for the last 2 months. It's actually a brilliant scam, fortunately we have these forums to call them out. And if I'm wrong about you Raw Dog, I sincerely apoligize.

dr.mike

Tink,
    Who's pags?

tink

pags11. From what I hear he posts his plays here alot and is well respected. I don't follow anyone's plays here, but that's what i've read numorous times. There are others who I hear are really good in here too.

dr.mike

Anybody ever heard of smartmoniesclub.com? He seems to be a young pup, but he does post his plays right after the game begins. Prices are cheap, seems to have had some success. Any experience out there with this guy?

Raw Dog

Na, no offense taken Tink. I am not affiliated with them just a college kid trying to get his feet wet and earn a few bucks while watching sports. I work at a sports bar so I was looking for a way to liven up my nights. I will keep your suggestions in mind, thanks.

Chris124
    Chris124's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dr.mike
    Anybody ever heard of smartmoniesclub.com? He seems to be a young pup, but he does post his plays right after the game begins. Prices are cheap, seems to have had some success. Any experience out there with this guy?

Smarmoniesclub is a scam.

Its pretty sad you are stupid enough to come on here with your picture as a avatar when you have your pic on your terrible looking website.

noyb
    noyb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6821

very funny, indeed not a very smart move by "dr mike" posting the same ugly photo on his own site.

dr.mike

very funny, I didn't know somebody could put a photo by your name without you knowing. Does it sound like I'm hyping somebody up? Just asking if anybody knows this guy.

noyb
    noyb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6821

what are you saying? that you're not actually the guy behind the site and someone who is not you magically changed your avatar?

dr.mike

yeah, I guess thats what I'm saying. I'm knew to forums, and I was just looking for a little advice, but this just seems like a playground. I'm asking if anybody has any experience with this guy, if you do, do tell.

12 Last