Login Search

Shouldn't capping football games be easier now?

Last Post

I just don't buy the idea that it's any easier to beat the lines later in the season than earlier in the season. Yes, by now you should have a very good idea about the teams, but how does that give you an edge? The books and other bettors also have the information. Earlier in the season the lines are probably not as 'sharp', but that's because the average bettor won't have a good idea about the teams anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
I just don't buy the idea that it's any easier to beat the lines later in the season than earlier in the season. Yes, by now you should have a very good idea about the teams, but how does that give you an edge? The books and other bettors also have the information. Earlier in the season the lines are probably not as 'sharp', but that's because the average bettor won't have a good idea about the teams anyway.
Earlier as in the first few games? Books seem to be even better early because they have information that no one can see. Bettors are betting only on assumptions based on last years information and past trends/action. It just seems easier to me now that it did a few months ago. Maybe its because I have won the majority of my profits over the last month. The $$$$$ have it.