High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

Crossing the line: what's a guy to do pt.2

Been a while since I have posted an update...I still have video, pics, and I'm debating whether to post them after last night's debacle and the new footage that I shot.

Yesterday, the in-laws decided to drive to Park City for the day. The guy hates shopping, which is about the only thing we have in common. As a result, he talked the women into dropping him off for a day hike on Mt. close by. Now, this is not some hardcore hike, in fact, I have seen elderly people practically running up and down the same trail that he did during the summer. Anyway, when he made the "summit," somehow he lost all sense of direction and managed to do the impossible, get lost on a mountain with a view of the city, which provides a point of reference that should have easily led him down the path. Posted a link to the story and you should read the comments of fellow Salt Lakers, who are also familiar with the trail.

After managing to get very lost, as in Search and Rescue not being able to locate his cell signal last night because he managed to hike into a more remote spot, he spent the night up there. I have done small hikes with him in the past and he never fails to bring more unnecessary crap than you could imagine--I mean, we're talking first aid kits, space blankets, three pairs of socks, tons of food, etc. Guess all of this came into play miraculously...again, we're talking a very short, easy hike. Yes it's "winter," but there's no snow up there...been a strange winter in SLC.

Bet most of you are thinking what a freak accident, or wow, what a once in a lifetime experience for him. Well, it's not the first time that this has happened. In fact, he was just joking about the first time that happened, which was 15 years ago on Silver Star Mt., outside of Vancouver, WA. He went hiking alone, became lost, survived a snow storm, almost had a bunch of toes amputated, and was ultimately picked up in a Black Hawk helicopter. I think in the video that I shot, you can hear him compare the two rescues. First one he was picked up in a basket and lifted into a military helicopter and this time, the helicopter was able to drop right down to the ground and it was a very small, in comparison that is.

I took a video of him walking through the door and I will post up shortly...pretty unbelievable.

Here's the news story:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/53...rning.html.csp

Here's a pic I took of him falling a sleep:

Should be a caption that reads: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

great stuff let's see the vids and more photos

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

ha ha. this shit is for real

in the focking newspaper.

If you kill him and they don't the body, you're off the hook. And with his getting lost in the jungle... well, shit, you've got the perfect out.

Go for it