forsberg21
    forsberg21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2601

More Proof: Why The USA Resembles A 3rd World Country

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily...170308910.html

Much like the bloodthirsty rulers of African tribes, US politicians have been known to make money by trading on inside information! And... they are doing this legally through a loophole that allows them to!

If you were an Uhmurkan and tried to do this, you'd be thrown in jail! Much like a third world nation, the US is one where the elites feed off the working class. There's no equality in the USA. There are no rights. The USA is just one giant facade of false goodness.

Doesn't this piss you off? The end is the best though, "this is what happens when empires are nearing their collapse, this shows the end!"

Stop believing what Fox News tells all you American sheep. Your nation is no different than a 3rd world dictatorship!

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

go smoke a pole.

forsberg21

Quote Originally Posted by doublej95 View Post
    go smoke a pole.
    You replied within 1 minute, you didn't even look at the video. Proof that you're one of the millions of sheep getting skinned by their own country! Keep living in denial bro!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TR88, and superwerewolf6

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by forsberg21 View Post

You replied within 1 minute, you didn't even look at the video. Proof that you're one of the millions of sheep getting skinned by their own country! Keep living in denial bro!
    my life is great pal. do you believe all the propaganda you see and read? the Nazi's kept telling the Germans they was winning the war till the bitter end. It took the Germans a few days to figure it out that how the hell can we be winning the war when the allies just leveled the place.

and this is a sports gambling forum, something you don't post about. so you should look for a jihad forum to fit in better.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Forsberg, I haven't seen one of your hater threads in awhile. I was hoping you had died.
    Points Awarded:

Djstucky gave Dutch 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8464

Forsberg, the same shit happens in Canada. Remember the Mulroney years? Bottom line .. politicians are crooks. That saying didn't come to be because of no reason at all. This will never stop but is magnified when the economy sucks. I agree with the guy in the video and have said it all along, OWS are putting too much energy towards Wall st where they should join the TEA Party and really make a difference and clean up Washington first.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

Didn't pay attention to what they said. There was a broad with nice cakes in the background.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15307

and to think FOX News goes out of it's way to bash the occupy wall street protesters while bowing down and grobbling over a corrupt politician like Bachus just because he has an "R" by his name.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

lol. Come on. Plah-ease. Of course they have inside information! Of course, that is how trading has always worked. I think the whole inside trading laws go way way to far, in some cases.

The big funds, are going to know info, that others will not. People close to the industries are going to know.

So of course congress is going know.

To compare it to a third world country though is ******* pathethic. They are not taking 99.999999 percent of the money, and saying F, U and leaving their citizens in the street. Actually its about the opposite the last 15 years, all congress has been doing is spending on use-less programs, thinking the good ole federal government is the answer!
    Yah!

Djstucky
    Djstucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Forsberg, I haven't seen one of your hater threads in awhile. I was hoping you had died.
    holy shit...I don't care who you are this is funny...

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    and to think FOX News goes out of it's way to bash the occupy wall street protesters while bowing down and grobbling over a corrupt politician like Bachus just because he has an "R" by his name.
    What are you referring to 'fox news'. Fox news commentators are conserative no doubt, but they only take up a 2 hour period, O'reilly and Hannity. O'Reilly over the last couple of years has actually turned way down in his wild right views. At any rate 2 hours.

Again looking at MSNBC they start at 1 and go to 9 with commentators. They put Commentators on meet the press, like Maddow. They put Commentators leading big national political news like 2 years ago they did with Olbermann. Can you imagine the back lash if fox has Hannity doing their news coverage?

And the Occupy movement deserves bashing, these people/bums/entilted jackasses just need to go home. Or stay, and have a majority of Ameircans see them for what they are.

They are more ignorant of the world, and economics then the teaparty. At least the tea party had a goal, that was needed in Ameirca. We needed to stop spending money, and that view point needed to get heard. And slowly but surely the money printing government has been stopped
    This Occupy movement, just seems like a hand-out and people bitching about people having more then them. Again, people act like these guys just woke up in their 20's and found these jobs. They worked their asses off.
    This stat is a stat i love. A majority of millionaires are first generation.
    This whole bash wall-street issue just pisses me off, and is just so god damn short sited.
    This thing about since wall-street got a 'bail out' they deserve free money to buy pot. What they don't realize is that if the banks did not get that money, their parents wouldn't have any money to give them and would lose their jobs so they are out on the street.

This whole thing about them, being pissed off about asking to leave. You can't just occupy a spot and live there. There is a difference between assembling and occupying. And finally a common-sense judge has stopped it.

Again, the Occupy movement needs to be critized. For all the garbage and crime, that has been going on at these movements. Again, going back to comparisons. If there was one, just one event of crime at ANY tea party event, they would be labeled as hicks and dumbasses for-ever and ever.
    There has been more then one incident of crime.
    Oh yeah, there also is a TB out break at the NY, and people passing by people can smell the pot. So don't tell me they aint using drugs.

Sorry for rambling on, but this issue of Occupy Wall Street pisses me off.
    Too much in America, we have our hand out now. And say where is my piece of the pie, instead of working your asses off and getting it yourself. That is the true problem with America and in till we solve that, our whole system is going to be ****** up.

valaub04
    valaub04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

I love oppressing people and keeping them down. If you can't make use of a loophole then you are a not truly applying yourself.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15307

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/daniel...b_1089906.html

But perhaps the most stunning piece of news we're getting in the wake of the MF Global collapse is in the clients of the firm who managed to get away scot-free, with no freezing of accounts or capital -- particularly the accounts of the mega-cap independent oil company Koch Industries, run by the politically active Koch brothers.

Reading this stuff makes me so angry. How these ******* elite and government scum absolutely rape the living shit out of us and we are so obsessed with our sports teams and reality TV that we don't even care.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Foreskin.........please tell us some more about your world travels and how you've driving fast cars. Thanks Pal.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Foreskin, If you put the type of effort that you put into ragging on USA on this gambling forum, into your life, maybe you'd have more accomplishments than being well traveled (on your parents dime) You are a mid 20 year old kid, that the only thing he has to be proud of is that his parents sent him through Europe, for a few months, before he went off to college.

Sad, but hey at least you still got the internet to make fun of America.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Does anyone have a legitimate argument as to why insider trading is bad? How it negatively affects the markets?

I look forward to a response.

forsberg21

Quote Originally Posted by big0mar View Post
    Does anyone have a legitimate argument as to why insider trading is bad? How it negatively affects the markets?

I look forward to a response.
    You're kidding, right?

Let's start off by saying it completely erodes the confidence in the markets. Why, as an investor, would you ever want to make a play where another investor is privy to all sorts of relevant information that is going to increase his return/minimize his loss while you're the sucker left there holding the bag?

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

You're kidding, right?

Let's start off by saying it completely erodes the confidence in the markets. Why, as an investor, would you ever want to make a play where another investor is privy to all sorts of relevant information that is going to increase his return/minimize his loss while you're the sucker left there holding the bag?
    Because that other "inside" investor will help bring the price of that equity to its true value???

The better question is, why would you want any applicable information to be hidden???

You're basically arguing that valuable information be hidden from common investors. Its an argument against increased efficiency of equity markets.

Sometimes I feel like some of the people who make comments re: financial and equity markets dont actually participate in them.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

this was just on 60minutes recently. its fukkin sickening. in this instance, maybe us americans should stop hating on forsberg and ask ytf they are doing this

90% of congress should be in jail

forsberg21

Americans, seriously though, doesn't it piss you off that your elites are bringing you back to the days of feudalism where you work to make them rich?

Why is it that your politicians can break laws while if you broke those same laws, you'd have your police state junkies invade your house, taser you, rape your wife while you watched and have your son and daughter go through a TSA finger job to make sure they're not carrying any weapons of mass destruction?

forsberg21

Because that other "inside" investor will help bring the price of that equity to its true value???

The better question is, why would you want any applicable information to be hidden???

You're basically arguing that valuable information be hidden from common investors. Its an argument against increased efficiency of equity markets.

Sometimes I feel like some of the people who make comments re: financial and equity markets dont actually participate in them.
    You just don't get it, do you?

The "inside" investor doesn't bring the price to its true value. They buy BELOW the true value based on privileged information. They buy BEFORE the stock price hits its true value at a LOWER price than Joe Schmo investor. Joe Schmo investor buys at the true value while the insider buys before it hits that true value - AT A LOWER PRICE. Does this make sense, or do I have to dumb it down even more?

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68533

The market is a disgrace.

It was on 60 minutes and the politicians were their usual slimy selves.

Never been a stock guy and never will be.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

Americans, seriously though, doesn't it piss you off that your elites are bringing you back to the days of feudalism where you work to make them rich?

Why is it that your politicians can break laws while if you broke those same laws, you'd have your police state junkies invade your house, taser you, rape your wife while you watched and have your son and daughter go through a TSA finger job to make sure they're not carrying any weapons of mass destruction?
    Yes, correct, they buy below the true value. In turn that brings the price closer to its true value. Joe Schmo benefits from this, because it creates a more efficient market.

Again, how is that bad for the market efficiency?

At the least, I would suggest reading some Adam Pritchard regarding this subject.

forsberg21

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    The market is a disgrace.

It was on 60 minutes and the politicians were their usual slimy selves.

Never been a stock guy and never will be.
    The problem is, your public and private pensions derive their value from the stock market.

As much as you can do yourself to avoid it personally, you'll never be able to do it fully.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

So insider trading is good because it accelerates price discovery?

The fact that corporate insiders (or those willing to bribe them) are the only ones who benefit from this should just be ignored?

As an argument, that is completely retarded.

Operate under that sort of regulation and market participation would plummet.

benjy
    Untitled
    benjy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Yes, correct, they buy below the true value. In turn that brings the price closer to its true value. Joe Schmo benefits from this, because it creates a more efficient market.

At the least, I would suggest reading some Adam Pritchard regarding this subject.
    Let us all bow down and worship at the altar of the benevolent Market Efficiency!

Ignore the heretics and blasphemers that inhabit economics departments! Efficient Market theory has only been debunked by demonstration and research, it still lives on in our hearts and souls!

Bear witness to the prophets of 80's University of Chicago thinking and their messenger Big0mar!

forsberg21

You're a lost cause, there's no point of even trying to reason with you.

Joe Schmo DOESN'T benefit because he has ALREADY BOUGHT at the TRUE VALUE. Joe Schmo is at EVEN. The INSIDER is the ONE WHO BENEFITS because Joe Schmo has bought his shares at a price that has allowed him to make a profit off Joe Schmo.

If you still don't get it, let me demonstrate:

Insider obtains info that oil company X is buying a distressed competitor.

Insider buys at current price of $20 per share.

When info is made available to the public, share price rises to $25 per share.

Joe Schmo buys at $25 per share. Insider sells at $25 per share.

Insider has profited $5 per share. Joe Schmo has profited $0 per share.

Now tell me, how does this benefit Joe Schmo and why is it fair that Insider is allowed to make money by breaking the law?

If you're saying that Insider should be able to get away with this, then all the Joe Schmos of the investing world would NEVER invest in the markets again. Confidence would collapse and insider info would be useless since there would be nothing to trade.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post

So insider trading is good because it accelerates price discovery?

The fact that corporate insiders (or those willing to bribe them) are the only ones who benefit from this should just be ignored?

As an argument, that is completely retarded.

Operate under that sort of regulation and market participation would plummet.
    The market benefits, because capital is more efficiently appropriated.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

You're a lost cause, there's no point of even trying to reason with you.

Joe Schmo DOESN'T benefit because he has ALREADY BOUGHT at the TRUE VALUE. Joe Schmo is at EVEN. The INSIDER is the ONE WHO BENEFITS because Joe Schmo has bought his shares at a price that has allowed him to make a profit off Joe Schmo.

If you still don't get it, let me demonstrate:

Insider obtains info that oil company X is buying a distressed competitor.

Insider buys at current price of $20 per share.

When info is made available to the public, share price rises to $25 per share.

Joe Schmo buys at $25 per share. Insider sells at $25 per share.

Insider has profited $5 per share. Joe Schmo has profited $0 per share.

Now tell me, how does this benefit Joe Schmo and why is it fair that Insider is allowed to make money by breaking the law?

If you're saying that Insider should be able to get away with this, then all the Joe Schmos of the investing world would NEVER invest in the markets again. Confidence would collapse and insider info would be useless since there would be nothing to trade.
    Your example doesn't make sense. The stock price would go up once the insiders made the trades, not once the information became public.

forsberg21

The market benefits, because capital is more efficiently appropriated.
    LOL, do you even know what that means?!? That is the vaguest statement I've heard all week. You sound like some cheap two bit politician.

Good effort at trying to sound sophisticated though, "the market benefits because capital is more efficiently appropriated". You probably don't know the true meaning of at least 3 words in that sentence.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

Quote Originally Posted by benjy View Post

Let us all bow down and worship at the altar of the benevolent Market Efficiency!

Ignore the heretics and blasphemers that inhabit economics departments! Efficient Market theory has only been debunked by demonstration and research, it still lives on in our hearts and souls!

Bear witness to the prophets of 80's University of Chicago thinking and their messenger Big0mar!

Many here have benefited from my trading advice

Pay attention to my threads

God bless

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Forsy.....what's up, pal?

Been awhile. Hope all is well.

I love & miss you.

Best-

Opie

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

forsberg21

Your example doesn't make sense. The stock price would go up once the insiders made the trades, not once the information became public.
    Seriously man, WTF are you, 6 years old? Do you even know what the stock market is?

A single inside investor would NEVER be able to come up with the volume to make a stock go from $20 to $25, not even Warren Buffet could do this (a 25% gain). The public would send the shares soaring and NOT the insider because the public has the volume behind them, the single insider doesn't, unless he's buying 20% of the company.

The reason why my example doesn't make any sense because you are too ignorant/stupid to understand it.

12 Last