Originally posted on 09/03/2012:

Quote Originally Posted by Cheme82 View Post
How can you interpret clear intent from ambiguous wording? Being able to read minds (which is the only way to do what you are suggesting) is not admissible proof.
Ok, let me be clearer. I've seen many situations like this in many arenas - someone writes something of which the intent is clear to them, but sometimes people can interpret things in a way which you, the writer, would never have expected when you wrote it. That's just the way things work, no matter how something is written, it's always going to be possible someone is going to find some wording loophole (which perhaps no one else would have ever thought of) to turn things to their advantage.

If we are to believe that anyone thought that Lou meant it the way Phats claims he thought it was (that there was one prize for Pros and one separate prize for Non-Pros) - when has any promotion on SBR ever worked in that fashion where Non-Pros got a separate prize just for them? I've never seen that in all the SBR Promotions that have been done and is something which is completely in-congruent with their strategy of trying to get everyone to turn Pro. As such, the intent of what this promotion was advertising was entirely clear to me (and to apparently nearly everyone else). Yes, as I said, if one looks deep enough they can always find a wording loophole to turn to their advantage (many lawyers wouldn't be in business if that weren't the case). But this is not a courtroom nor were the rules for this promotion written up over several weeks by some large legal contingent. Common sense should prevail.