CHUBNUT
    CHUBNUT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7628

NFL divisional betting

As a think tank all hold hands and see what comes up situation, I thought I'd throw out a few here doggie prices for comparison with the books and see what those with 2 TVs or more in the background might know.

I dont want to waste my valuable time discussing betting theories, only whether there's enough interest in genuinely trying to come to a realist view of the upcoming season.

let me know and I'll start posting the sharpness

mark49
    mark49's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1652

i have not seen any books with division odds up yet, perhaps they are waiting until after free agency? there are two teams i am very interested in backing if the odds are favourable.

CHUBNUT
    CHUBNUT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7628

As all the sharp think tank 2 screen dwellers know, turnovers win games, the question is how many of these are pure luck. What I've done here is estimate the number of probable games won on points per yard compared to actual games won. Hopefully a debate will follow as to not only a diagnosis of last year but a prognosis of next year. Medical words always sound sharper.
    The 1st number is actual games won, 2nd is games should have won based on yardage and 3rd number is turnover advantage.
    AFC EAST.
    last year:

NEW ENGLAND 14, 10, +28
    NEW YORK JETS 11, 9.52, +17
    MIAMI 7, 7.47, -5
    BUFFALO 4, 5.77, -17

Roughly +9 turnovers = 1 Game, so an argument can be made as to coaches and play calling showing up in these figures. The AFC EAST play the AFC WEST this year which means a tougher sched than last year so numbers should be down to start. Feel free to add your opinions or theories and maybe we can get to a sharp PROGNOSIS ( I love that word) of the upcoming season totals and divisional betting.

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Dallas or NYGiants in the NFC