nj1035
    Update your status
    nj1035's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2118

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    We shall see. With all of the unknowns, there has to be better games to bet.

Texas has been better after benching Gilbert but they don't really have anyone on offense that scares me.

They don't have a stud RB. They don't have a goto reciever and they are running with a QB by committee.

All of these sweeps and played they run out of the wildcat may work against teams lacking speed but I feel like OUs defense matches up well against this type of attack.

Texas has a solid defense but its not any better than Florida State's. Likewise, I wouldn't consider it elite like A LSU or Alabama.

We shall see. If you break it down, OU is better at just about every position on paper.

Texas has a better kicker. That's about the only edge I can see.
    They do have a stud RB and a stud WR, you just haven't met them yet because they are freshman. Malcolm Brown and Jaxon Shipley (nightmare for OU fans, right?). Trust me when I say you will know these guys by the time the season is over.

rainmaker82
    rainmaker82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Texas gets a beat down this week. ESPN is sucking them off b/c of their TV contract with them. Texas has been squeaking by shitty teams each week. Iowa State handed them the game. Texas still gave up 26 first downs to Iowa State!! This team has beaten no one, and not looked good doing it. Yeah Oklahoma struggled against Mizzou, but that was after a tough Fla.State game on the road. And they still won by double digits. Texas has not seen a defense like this. Oklahoma will be ready for any defense texas throws at them. They are playing a bunch of unproven underclassmen. Mistakes are going to be made. OU will no huddle them to death, and I think wins the game easily. I'd bet any poster for all my points and take OU -13.5

nj1035
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by rainmaker82 View Post
    Texas gets a beat down this week. ESPN is sucking them off b/c of their TV contract with them. Texas has been squeaking by shitty teams each week. Iowa State handed them the game. Texas still gave up 26 first downs to Iowa State!! This team has beaten no one, and not looked good doing it. Yeah Oklahoma struggled against Mizzou, but that was after a tough Fla.State game on the road. And they still won by double digits. Texas has not seen a defense like this. Oklahoma will be ready for any defense texas throws at them. They are playing a bunch of unproven underclassmen. Mistakes are going to be made. OU will no huddle them to death, and I think wins the game easily. I'd bet any poster for all my points and take OU -13.5
    Squeaking by shitty teams? They won by 3 TD's in 3 of the 4 games. What the **** is your definition of squeaking by?

rainmaker82

lol you're telling me that they've looked dominate in their wins? They were up by 11 going into the 4th against RICE at HOME. They were losing going into the 4th against a terrible BYU team at HOME. UCLA is garbage and they were handed that win. Iowa St. played terrible in that game. I'm not saying OU is the best team ever. I'm saying that Texas is getting alot of love on ESPN to build the hype. Saturday they won't be a match for OU's offense. Texas has talent, but young, unproven talent. OU's defense will overwhelm the young texas offense and force them into mistakes. I just think OU wins big this year. Texas would be at best 2-2 if they played OU's schedule so far. We will see saturday though. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

The War Room
    The War Room's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Your wrong. From the start we said the Rice and BYU games should be taken lightly with Gilbert at QB. What have they done since? Dominate opponents and crush spreads (3 vs UCLA and 10 vs ISU). Malcolm Brown is underutilized but extremelu talented. Ill take you on that bet, texas +13.5

soonerfan
    soonerfan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I see them jumping on Texas early then coasting to an
    easy win. OU 42-21. Then again u never know what to expect in this game. I wouldn't touch it.

soonerfan
    soonerfan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Forgot to mention u never know what your gonna get from Landry Jones on the road.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol you're telling me that they've looked dominate in their wins? They were up by 11 going into the 4th against RICE at HOME. They were losing going into the 4th against a terrible BYU team at HOME. UCLA is garbage and they were handed that win. Iowa St. played terrible in that game. I'm not saying OU is the best team ever. I'm saying that Texas is getting alot of love on ESPN to build the hype. Saturday they won't be a match for OU's offense. Texas has talent, but young, unproven talent. OU's defense will overwhelm the young texas offense and force them into mistakes. I just think OU wins big this year. Texas would be at best 2-2 if they played OU's schedule so far. We will see saturday though. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.
    This is such an interesting time of the season... Discussions about relative strength of teams always seems to come back to who they've played so far, but always in such a subjective way... Being ahead 34-0 against ISU at the half means nothing? It was all just ISU playing poorly? ISU ranks around the middle of the pack in the FBS (I have them at around #65) so we can probably call them an average team, and 34-0 at the half has to be considered an above average performance.

When you look into large sample data from College and NFL, first half dominance has a very high correlation with overall team strength (much moreso than any full game statistic). Specifically, 1H passing completion rate and yardage means a lot.
    Last edited by suicidekings; 10-04-11 at 09:41 PM.

rainmaker82

Quote Originally Posted by The War Room View Post
    Your wrong. From the start we said the Rice and BYU games should be taken lightly with Gilbert at QB. What have they done since? Dominate opponents and crush spreads (3 vs UCLA and 10 vs ISU). Malcolm Brown is underutilized but extremelu talented. Ill take you on that bet, texas +13.5
    We? You are affiliated with Texas in some way? So all off season the game plan was to come out, look like shit get the QB benched, then start playing ball. Great game plan. Ok you've got Texas +13.5 for your 126 points. Malcolm Brown? Don't come at me with *rankings and high school stats. Lets just see what happens on Saturday. Texas is lucky to be 4-0, ESPN is blowing them, they are the most overrated #10 ranked team I've ever seen. But you know what I'm done giving my thoughts. I'll see ya Saturday around 2:30, unless you don't show up when Texas loses something like 49-17. Good luck on the rest of you bets, I do hope you have a profitable weekend with your real money bets. It's just fun to discuss the games and get different perspectives.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by soonerfan View Post
    Forgot to mention u never know what your gonna get from Landry Jones on the road.
    Last season OU's average margin of victory on the road (including neutral sites) was about +2 points per game with Landry Jones starting. I would guess that OU's 2011 numbers will be better than that but the Sooners have not been a good bet ATS on the road in recent years. The only other road game we have to look at from this season was @ FSU and the results of that game are tainted by EJ Manuel's injury. It's hard to say at this point what their road form will be like this season.

RPP
    RPP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Texas is a hot team that will get better week to week. They've got a chip on their shoulder and will show it in this game.

jonal
    jonal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2195

Oklahoma is gonna roll Texas. Two quarterback offensive, really? Sooners are gonna roooooooooooolllllllllllllllll

nj1035
    Update your status

We? You are affiliated with Texas in some way? So all off season the game plan was to come out, look like shit get the QB benched, then start playing ball. Great game plan. Ok you've got Texas +13.5 for your 126 points. Malcolm Brown? Don't come at me with *rankings and high school stats. Lets just see what happens on Saturday. Texas is lucky to be 4-0, ESPN is blowing them, they are the most overrated #10 ranked team I've ever seen. But you know what I'm done giving my thoughts. I'll see ya Saturday around 2:30, unless you don't show up when Texas loses something like 49-17. Good luck on the rest of you bets, I do hope you have a profitable weekend with your real money bets. It's just fun to discuss the games and get different perspectives.
    I just don't like people that outright make stuff up. People like you.

Wins of 25, 29, and 23 are squeaking by? That's just a blatant lie.

rainmaker82

Quote Originally Posted by nj1035 View Post
    I just don't like people that outright make stuff up. People like you.

Wins of 25, 29, and 23 are squeaking by? That's just a blatant lie.
    Make stuff up? You must be a dipshit texas fan who's upset someone doesn't have faith in their overrated team. If you think Texas has played good football up to this point, more power to you. Make all your bets off of box scores, that's what tells the real story, not the actual game. Something tells me you won't be saying shit on Saturday though.

nj1035
    Update your status

Make stuff up? You must be a dipshit texas fan who's upset someone doesn't have faith in their overrated team. If you think Texas has played good football up to this point, more power to you. Make all your bets off of box scores, that's what tells the real story, not the actual game. Something tells me you won't be saying shit on Saturday though.
    Since they benched Garrett Gilbert, they have played good football. They outscored BYU 14-3 in the 2nd half after benching Gilbert to come from behind and win. Then they went on the road to UCLA and won 49-20. Then they went on the road in a conference game and were up 34-0 on ISU at halftime before putting in 2nd stringers.

nj1035
    Update your status

Most people here do not know or acknowledge the impact Texas' new OC and DC have. I guarantee Bryan Harsin has a gameplan for how to put up a lot of points on OU. The guy is seriously a genius. When you compare that to what Texas had before in Greg Davis it's like night and day. So just don't cry to me if you lose all your money on OU this Saturday. I'll just say I told you so.

rainmaker82

Yeah what an impact they've had through 4 games. Offensive powerhouse they've become. I won't cry to you regardless of what happens, you seem to be one of these people who get all butthurt because someone doesn't agree with you. If you think a Fr/So QB combo will be prepared to handle the Oklahoma defense I have to disagree with that. Thing is I could lay my whole roll on OU and feel a hell of alot more confident than you really would if yours was on Texas, but I know anything can happen and I wouldn't bet my whole roll on one game. You act like you are the only one who knows anything about Texas's football team. Like I said, lets see who shows back up to this thread on Saturday.

samserif
    samserif's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 165

As many others have mentioned, Texas has an entirely newly scheme and hasn't played strong competition yet this year. Instead of using this as an argument to back OU, I see it as "not enough information to make an well reasoned bet".

Oklahoma has a system that works and is sticking with it; Texas is evolving week by week. The Texas team that squeaked by BYU in the 2nd half isn't the same as the one that led ISU 34-0 at the half and then floundered around for the next 30 minutes. So how strong is Texas right now? Hell if I know and I doubt that anyone else really knows, either.

If my intent is to make money, I'd look at other games. I'll probably put down $10 on Texas just for fun if the line goes up but as for making money, I'm much more interested in Michigan-Northwestern.

nj1035
    Update your status

I know as well as anyone that anything can happen. It would not shock me if OU won by 14+. But it's still not a good bet. OU was supposed to steamroll Texas last year too, and Texas was much much worse last year. Much worse.

Since the QB change Texas has dominated their competition. While their competition has not been great, it's not like the teams are absolutely terrible. UCLA beat Oregon State, and Iowa State came in 3-0 with wins over Iowa and a road win at Connecticut.

To me a 10 point line in a huge rivalry game like this with the underdog coming in confident, hungry, with something to prove does not bode well for OU backers. Texas has renewed energy, renewed schemes, and a brilliant offensive coordinator. OU does not have much film on Texas which I think helps the cause as well. They have 2.5 games to study the McAsh combo - we'll see what happens.

My main problem with you from the beginning was your misinformation that Texas was squeaking by terrible teams. It bothers me when people exaggerate or outright lie about things to further their point. It just invalidates your entire argument because now we can't trust you.
    Last edited by nj1035; 10-05-11 at 09:48 AM.

Vin_vermillion
    Vin_vermillion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ok -10 all day long.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Texas and their QBs are a fuking joke as expected

cant believe I bought into the "too many points in a rivalry game" horseshit and stayed away after line moved

jonal
    jonal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2195

Quote Originally Posted by jonal View Post
    Oklahoma is gonna roll Texas. Two quarterback offensive, really? Sooners are gonna roooooooooooolllllllllllllllll

rolling

rainmaker82

Quote Originally Posted by The War Room View Post
    So you want to send those points over? I'm guessing you won't be showing back up to this thread though.

rainmaker82

Quote Originally Posted by nj1035 View Post
    Most people here do not know or acknowledge the impact Texas' new OC and DC have. I guarantee Bryan Harsin has a gameplan for how to put up a lot of points on OU. The guy is seriously a genius. When you compare that to what Texas had before in Greg Davis it's like night and day. So just don't cry to me if you lose all your money on OU this Saturday. I'll just say I told you so.

So what we're you saying about these new coaches? How bout you don't cry and i'll just say I told you so.
    Boomer mutha ******* Sooner, all day on that overrated Texas ass!!

nj1035
    Update your status

So what we're you saying about these new coaches? How bout you don't cry and i'll just say I told you so.
    Boomer mutha ******* Sooner, all day on that overrated Texas ass!!
    Good game, you guys got us this year. I give you respect, but wish you no luck in the future.

See you next year.

First 12