Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by goodfellas433 View Post
    One more thing Thor...do you happen to be the same Thor who had the parlays on Oblivians betting threads? I wanted to tail you on them, but you stopped posting them. No worries if it isn't you...just thought I'd ask.
    No and by the way i love how the Diaz boys fight too.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    lol how dare he want to further his career, avoid getting head trauma, and want to provide a better life for his wife and kid!

YOU SHOULD BANG BRO!
    These guys want the Dana approach where both guys kick the shit out of each other. Im sure if this was their kid they would tell him to "just go out there and let the fist fly son and see what happens"

Thor4140

No, that was the actual Thor
    i have had this screen name for about 15 years

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    diaz 1,2,3,4,5
    u and gabe should apply for judges jobs. Two blind nitwits trying to judge a fight.

Broxbomber
    Broxbomber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3957

Quote Originally Posted by goodfellas433 View Post
    Wowwweee, please tell me that the Kate Upton username on sherdog is really her too....then I wont feel bad about inboxing that user a picture of my shlong.
    Shlong........my fantasy football team name is 4th and Schloooooooong. It still cracks me up.

ShotgunRua
    ShotgunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Question to the people who think Condit should have fought at boxing range (Diaz's most effective range), and traded blows (Diaz's most effective type of fight), should this apply to other styles as well?

For example should JDS let Cain secure a takedown so that he can beat Cain at his own game? Should Randy Couture have boxed with James Toney?

Diaz was wisely looking to close the distance to very close range as he knew this was where he had the best chance of winning. Condit, who uses far more kicks, was looking to create distance so that he could use his best weapons effectively. This was always going to lead to a situation where one guy is moving forward and the other is moving backward.

If Condit had stopped moving backward and decided to fight at Diaz preferred range then he would have given up on trying to maintain an advantage and would have been handicapping himself. It would be the direct equivalent of Diaz deciding to stop moving forward and just accepting that the fight would be fought at Condit's preferred kickboxing range. If Diaz had done this and lost, everyone would be calling him a retard for not moving forward and effectively giving in to Condit's will.

he decider here was always going to be who has the footwork necessary to maintain their preferred range. In this case it was Condit, and in doing so he landed more strikes and therefore won. Yes, occasionally Diaz would move in close against the cage and Condit would have no option but to turn away and move back to the centre of the cage. Condit was unable to fight Diaz at close range with his back against the cage, Diaz on the other hand was unable to utilise angles and footwork and trap Condit. Therefore, again, Condit managed to fight his fight.

Diaz has a style which is effective against opponents who allow him to fight a certain way. Condit was too mature to be lured in by in ring trolling antics and GSP will be too. If Diaz wants to succeed in the UFC he needs to spend less time attempting to get an emotional reaction out of disciplined fighters and more time working on footwork and wrestling.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunRua View Post
    Question to the people who think Condit should have fought at boxing range (Diaz's most effective range), and traded blows (Diaz's most effective type of fight), should this apply to other styles as well?

For example should JDS let Cain secure a takedown so that he can beat Cain at his own game? Should Randy Couture have boxed with James Toney?

Diaz was wisely looking to close the distance to very close range as he knew this was where he had the best chance of winning. Condit, who uses far more kicks, was looking to create distance so that he could use his best weapons effectively. This was always going to lead to a situation where one guy is moving forward and the other is moving backward.

If Condit had stopped moving backward and decided to fight at Diaz preferred range then he would have given up on trying to maintain an advantage and would have been handicapping himself. It would be the direct equivalent of Diaz deciding to stop moving forward and just accepting that the fight would be fought at Condit's preferred kickboxing range. If Diaz had done this and lost, everyone would be calling him a retard for not moving forward and effectively giving in to Condit's will.

he decider here was always going to be who has the footwork necessary to maintain their preferred range. In this case it was Condit, and in doing so he landed more strikes and therefore won. Yes, occasionally Diaz would move in close against the cage and Condit would have no option but to turn away and move back to the centre of the cage. Condit was unable to fight Diaz at close range with his back against the cage, Diaz on the other hand was unable to utilise angles and footwork and trap Condit. Therefore, again, Condit managed to fight his fight.

Diaz has a style which is effective against opponents who allow him to fight a certain way. Condit was too mature to be lured in by in ring trolling antics and GSP will be too. If Diaz wants to succeed in the UFC he needs to spend less time attempting to get an emotional reaction out of disciplined fighters and more time working on footwork and wrestling.
    Nobody is saying Condit should have fought at boxing range. We are saying he shouldn't have continously ran away from his opponent. Sticking and moving is what a lot of kickboxers do, it was not what Condit did. What Condit did is LITERALLY run. That is not fighting, and it certainly is not winning a fight. If you're running away from your opponent, you are losing. Just because you kick before running away doesn't score you points, it's just the only thing you're able to do.

Condit could have actually applied a kickboxing approach, but that would have gotten his ass beat. Long story short, Condit felt that he could not KO or submit Diaz, so his best shot was to score more points than him, and he figured the only way to do that was to kick, run, kick, run, kick, run. He was not confident he could win a decision if he actually tried to fight Nick Diaz.

Long story shorter, MMA fans are robbed of seeing how a Carlos Condit vs Nick Diaz fight would actually go down... we imagine it would be entertaining as hell, but we'll never know... and most likely, it would result in Diaz whoopin ass to a decision or finishing Condit, no way no how Condit beats him. After watching the first fight, if they fight 10 times with good judges, I think Diaz would beat him 10 out of 10 times. That means Condit won't even get a lucky KO. He had nothing for Diaz, he was exposed.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

You guys made me re-watch the fight yet again...

Round 1- Nick Diaz. Condit lands a lot of strikes, but Diaz' strikes seem to be far more effective. More effective strikes + Octagon control = Nick's round. Also, the guy (Diaz, in this case) who starts showboating because his opponent is doing nothing to him is usually winning the fight.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post

Round 1- Nick Diaz. Condit lands a lot of strikes, but Diaz' strikes seem to be far more effective. More effective strikes + Octagon control = Nick's round. Also, the guy (Diaz, in this case) who starts showboating because his opponent is doing nothing to him is usually winning the fight.
    What was his showboating? Sticking his middle finger up at Condit and taunting him? Wasnt his brother doing the same while getting his ass handed to him by Benson

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

difficult, usually they taunt out of aggression, but sometimes also when they butthurt when understanding the fight is lost. But i remember that round a as a pretty clear round for nick.

ShotgunRua

I view the taunting as their attempt to anger their opponent into their range and fighting their fight.

Useful when fighting someone with little emotional control. Completely useless against anyone with a basic level of intelligence and self control.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

No one is saying Condit should have brawled. But not literally turn his back and jog across the cage. Doesn't matter how he fought, I scored it 48-47 Diaz regardless. Condit landed a bunch of touches to his legs. But I don't score those has much, this isn't fencing.

It was a smart gameplan because that was his only shot. To try and leg kick and run and hope a decision goes his way. He wasn't going to hurt Diaz. He wasn't going to out grapple him.

I'm not saying Diaz clearly won. Who knows. When you have 1 fighter fight like that it makes it hard to score, some people tend to give more points for different things. But I scored it for Diaz. After the fight I thought he would get the decision. A lot of former and current champs also thought he won...Chuck, Anderson, JDS, I think Koscheck said he had Diaz winning. It was tough to clearly call. Some clearly had it for Condit, some clearly for Diaz. Some close either way. Diaz didn't do what he had to do to adapt. But I don't think Condit can feel like he went out there and earned that title shot.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

It is hilarious that people on here are throwing jabs with the "well all they care about is blood and brawls" response.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/2/5/...dit-pros-score

Right there is pro's reactions. Skimming through more than half in favor of Diaz. From brawlers, to wretslers, to BJJ guys, to Cody MckEnzie. Some guys saying Condit ran.

Are they all just bleed fans? Or actual fighters who know what its like to be there?

Shut up with this "just bleed" typical response because you have no other response. Fighters still respect fighters. Not point fighters. Not just a section of fans who miss the old days of MMA over the "contest" it has become. Where people whine for weeks that a guy isn't getting a title shot and how "unfair" it is. Think the same company that gave you Toney/Couture. Kimbo Slice. Randy Couture countless free title shots is fairy fun fair land...then you are delusional.

ShotgunRua

Credit to diaz the reason people feel that way is because of his chin.

Watch any condit fight, he does tend to hang back, throw some fairly insignificant range finders, then he'll explode with a knee or kick which will stagger his opponent. He was obviously hoping he would land flush and stun diaz, he just never managed it.

Obviously he fought in such a way that if he couldn't hurt diaz then he'd still be racking up points as a backup.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

What was his showboating? Sticking his middle finger up at Condit and taunting him? Wasnt his brother doing the same while getting his ass handed to him by Benson
    I don't remember him sticking hte middle finger at Condit, so in one word, to answer you: No.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Credit to diaz the reason people feel that way is because of his chin.

Watch any condit fight, he does tend to hang back, throw some fairly insignificant range finders, then he'll explode with a knee or kick which will stagger his opponent. He was obviously hoping he would land flush and stun diaz, he just never managed it.

Obviously he fought in such a way that if he couldn't hurt diaz then he'd still be racking up points as a backup.
    Yeah dude, SOOO obvious. smh

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

I don't remember him sticking hte middle finger at Condit, so in one word, to answer you: No.
    \what was his showboating then?

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

\what was his showboating then?
    The kind you do when your opponent is your bitch and you have nothing to fear.

ShotgunRua

Ha ha Gabe are you Nick Diaz? Just if not I don't know why you are so emotional about a fight you weren't in?

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Ha ha Gabe are you Nick Diaz? Just if not I don't know why you are so emotional about a fight you weren't in?
    I'm emotional? lol you're the one who typed 20 paragraphs

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Gabe out of curiosity, do you actually watch MMA?

I'm not trying to make fun of you, I'm simply asking.

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm emotional? lol you're the one who typed 20 paragraphs
    Always so defensive. Go talk to a psychiatrist about that sh*t bro.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Don't be scared, cousin.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

In pride condit would have got two yellow cards for stalling/running and lost because of DQ. Turning your back and running isn't controlling the distance you f_gs.

ShotgunRua

Wow emotions run high in this thread ha ha!!

I don't think the Diaz fans are able to discuss this without calling everyone fags and crying so I'm outta here!

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

yup, this is what happens on a off ufc week. Diaz fans come in and bring up a fight from 10 months and claim how he was robbed. A fight where he clearly landed less strikes (see Fightmetric) and a fight where he himself never knocked down or significantly damaged his opponent. A close decision? YES, Diaz was ROBBED? ummmm NO

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    yup, this is what happens on a off ufc week. Diaz fans come in and bring up a fight from 10 months and claim how he was robbed. A fight where he clearly landed less strikes (see Fightmetric) and a fight where he himself never knocked down or significantly damaged his opponent. A close decision? YES, Diaz was ROBBED? ummmm NO
    no one said he was robbed, stop making shit up

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

diaz 1,2,3,4,5
    not in those exact words

DeFactoCrippler
    DEFACTO© SAVES IDIOTS AND GONZOIDS
    DeFactoCrippler's Avatar Become A Pro!

watch 1:54

ps: thread full of twinks

DeFactoCrippler
    DEFACTO© SAVES IDIOTS AND GONZOIDS
    DeFactoCrippler's Avatar Become A Pro!

wow the writing crew has slowed down. was expecting three ghost account responses within 5 minutes.

guess they are too busy doing damage control with bet islands

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

In pride condit would have got two yellow cards for stalling/running and lost because of DQ. Turning your back and running isn't controlling the distance you f_gs.
    lol lotta n00bs here

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

too much gloom in this thread

sittin here, waiting for death to bloom

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by illmatick View Post
    sittin here, waiting for death to bloom
    It's the cousin of sleep, I heard.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Fell asleep after round 1 lol... continued:

Round 2 - Carlos Condit. Just 'cos he lands a lot more strikes.

Round 3 - Nick Diaz. More effective strikes + octagon control.

Round 4 - Carlos Condit, again, for a much higher number of strikers.

Round 5 - Nicky D. No question. Came closest to ending the fight.

I originally scored Round 2 for Diaz, this time I edged it to Condot just 'cos he landed more strikes. It's not easy for Diaz to hit him as much when he's running away... so Condit won that round by cheating, as far as I'm concerned. It's like he had a cheat-code that made him land more points than his opponent.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    It's the cousin of sleep, I heard.
    fuk what u hear, like a dick in ya ear

First 123 Last