Stammertime91
    Stammertime91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 160

Baseball Bankroll Question

So I've started out with a relatively small BR. I've initially deposited $50, but been as high as $100 and in between the two. I've been grinding it out trying to learn lines and how to become a better capper. Most of my plays are for $5.

On such a small BR should I continue that small grind and so many plays or is it better to look for one or two plays you think you've really found in an edge in and try to double up? If I get "buried" I can easily redeposit but I'm hoping to make the initial deposit be enough. Just curious to some different insight is all.

Ro0k
    Ro0k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2492

I also bet small. Learn more. Read more. Understand it's a market with fluctuating prices. It is very difficult to actually be successful without luckily hitting the lottery parlay. The fact that you can easily redeposit does not matter. The choice to bet big is yours, but its basically a guarantee that you will lose big with that mindset. Treat it as a business and make sound decisions. For me personally, sticking to only a couple plays a day prevents me from going full tilt and blowing my bankroll in one night because every time, and I mean EVERY time, I bet somewhat big, it's an automatic loss. I will say it is extremely frustrating to always be up or down within a few units of being even for months at a time but the numbers do not matter. It is all relative. Focus on picking winners. Don't tail a million people at once. It never works out. Bet 3% of your total bankroll per play, 4% and 5% on the more confident picks. Trust your gut regardless of what anybody says about a certain play. Lay off if you have to. You can't lose that play if you don't play it. Don't kick yourself for missed opportunities and don't harp on the losses. More games tomorrow and the day after and the day after. I tend to get really pissed off when I'm down 20u and sometimes give in to "lock" plays, which again always lose. Yesterday was the Dodgers...up most of the game, blow countless chances to score and then lose in like 15 innings... Currently feeling the shame of having to redeposit, lol. Sorry for the rambling, hope it helped a little and shit, reading this back, I really need to take my own advice, lol.

TanBanana
    TanBanana's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Quote Originally Posted by Ro0k View Post
    I also bet small.

For me personally, sticking to only a couple plays a day prevents me from going full tilt and blowing my bankroll in one night because every time, and I mean EVERY time, I bet somewhat big, it's an automatic loss.

This. Absolutely sound advice.

I started with $50 and had grown it as high as $300 + but like Rook said, the big plays are killers. I can't imagine what my account would look like had I not blown it all away on "lock" type plays. Sticking with money management (not playing more than 5% per play) is absolutely key.

Ro0k
    Ro0k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2492

Also, on this board, there are A LOT of people here who post plays. Some good, some bad. It's okay to simply fade people sometimes.

Stammertime91
    Stammertime91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 160

Thanks for some insight guys! Yeah the small deposit or potential redeposit doesn't bother me but of course I don't want to lose money, nobody does.

I'll just stick to what I've been doing of small plays as that seems to be the consensus way even with such a small starting BR

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

Quote Originally Posted by Ro0k View Post
    I also bet small. Learn more. Read more. Understand it's a market with fluctuating prices. It is very difficult to actually be successful without luckily hitting the lottery parlay. The fact that you can easily redeposit does not matter. The choice to bet big is yours, but its basically a guarantee that you will lose big with that mindset. Treat it as a business and make sound decisions. For me personally, sticking to only a couple plays a day prevents me from going full tilt and blowing my bankroll in one night because every time, and I mean EVERY time, I bet somewhat big, it's an automatic loss. I will say it is extremely frustrating to always be up or down within a few units of being even for months at a time but the numbers do not matter. It is all relative. Focus on picking winners. Don't tail a million people at once. It never works out. Bet 3% of your total bankroll per play, 4% and 5% on the more confident picks. Trust your gut regardless of what anybody says about a certain play. Lay off if you have to. You can't lose that play if you don't play it. Don't kick yourself for missed opportunities and don't harp on the losses. More games tomorrow and the day after and the day after. I tend to get really pissed off when I'm down 20u and sometimes give in to "lock" plays, which again always lose. Yesterday was the Dodgers...up most of the game, blow countless chances to score and then lose in like 15 innings... Currently feeling the shame of having to redeposit, lol. Sorry for the rambling, hope it helped a little and shit, reading this back, I really need to take my own advice, lol.
    WELL said. wager small, do your research, the least you deposit the better, very limited plays per day, logical picks.

Artieaa
    Artieaa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1185

HI there,

IMHO there´s nothing more important that a disciplined BR management, I believe we all had learned the hard way that either you are on a hot streak and start to feel unbeateble then you start to gamble or been on a cold streak and feel that you can recover on a single play usually is th perfect récipe for a disaster, like you said keep grinding small set goals by week, month, season whatever you feel comfortable.

In my case I have been able to grow my BR up to 1000% but then suddenly I have been caught into the regretion to the mean, either the system, trend, or whatever I am investing stops working or books adjust (nobody knows more than Vegas) or as some may say you run out of magic, then I have lost up to the half of what I earned earlier, so an advice I would like to share is to set a goal and when you get there stop, by that I mean to start with another strategy, system , tailing , whatever you feel comfortable. Keep learning, study and most of all stay disciplined.

Good luck!!!

Reck
    Reck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7631

All good advice above. I take my bank roll and bet 2 percent per pick, usually no more than 3. Also take advantage of the contests that SBR provides. It is a fun way to practice different theories to see what work and what doesn't. I started off a big loser, but have continued to grind away with my SBR bankroll and for now (temporarily?) I am ahead lifetime. Practice makes perfect.