daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

SBR Poker - Psychology behind "the rig"?

Could there be something bigger than SBR Poker targeting liberals, creating action, and helping newbs win?

People often babble about "variance", but what exactly does it mean? Poker variance is the difference between your short term results and long term expectations.

http://www.evplusplus.com/poker_tool...nce_simulator/

Here is a link to a poker variance calculator. Let's take a typical winning SBR Poker player. We'll give him a win rate of 4bb/100. That means playing 1/2 NL a player can expect to win 4 big blinds per 100 hands, or $8. That's actually a solid win rate. Let's say you play often enough to log 1000 hands per week, so you put in roughly 4000 hands per month. (That's probably stretching it here).

As you can see, there's quite a bit of fluctuation even for a winning player.

Do one for a break even player at 0bb/100 and it's much, much worse.

So the better you are, the less variance you will see. The closer you are to being a break even player, the more variance you'll see. Also the worse you are, the less variance you'll see (You'll consistantly lose). So why does it seem like there are so many bad beats on SBR Poker? There isn't...it's all in your head.

But who are we kidding. It's rigged.
    Last edited by daneblazer; 11-20-12 at 10:00 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dan Kelly

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

I want to see my Expected Value Graph for SBR Poker.

Some people run so bad they'll never see enough hands in their life time for variance to even out.

All that stuff you posted is for cash games with rake where the average person can't even beat the rake let alone his opponents. No real rake in SBR tourneys.

You need a different graph that's in PokerTracker.
    Points Awarded:

eberetta1 gave k13 3 SBR Point(s) for this post.

eberetta1
    Win some cha-ching
    eberetta1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12251

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post

All that stuff you posted is for cash games with rake where the average person can't even beat the rake let alone his opponents.
    Now that is one graph I would love to see, a graph that show the ratio of players that can beat the rake. I am thinking single digits here.

Sort of reminds me of the guy, Top 10 on the player of the year leaderboard with 2 million in winnings. He had spent 3 million in entry fees.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Let's put it this way, if I don't finish 1st in the poker players championship, i will be releasing damaging info
    Points Awarded:

daneblazer gave RudyRuetigger 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by eberetta1 View Post
    Now that is one graph I would love to see, a graph that show the ratio of players that can beat the rake. I am thinking single digits here.

Sort of reminds me of the guy, Top 10 on the player of the year leaderboard with 2 million in winnings. He had spent 3 million in entry fees.
    They have them somewhere on 2plus2 forums.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

i can remember some of the same logical arguments vs those that said there were house accounts at pokerstars, etc.

i would assume a lot of things in this world are rigged, for example a buddy of mine used to get paid by bars/strip clubs to run free trip drawings. he would usually pay someone $50 to pretend to win a $3k trip.
    "come to our bar on new year's eve and someone will win an all-expense paid trip for 2 to cancun!"

yeah sure they will

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    i can remember some of the same logical arguments vs those that said there were house accounts at pokerstars, etc.

i would assume a lot of things in this world are rigged, for example a buddy of mine used to get paid by bars/strip clubs to run free trip drawings. he would usually pay someone $50 to pretend to win a $3k trip.
    "come to our bar on new year's eve and someone will win an all-expense paid trip for 2 to cancun!"

yeah sure they will

Never thought of that, if you're questionable morally, this is a great marketing tool.

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

15 to go til PMs!

Those who think poker is rigged against them are usually right, just not in the way they think

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    Those who think poker is rigged against them are usually right, just not in the way they think
    7 posts? Don't get too obsessed here pal.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    7 posts and 10,000 points. that has to be some kind of record for points/posts

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Triple D been doing work since

tatddy

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Triple D been doing work since
    You're welcome. Some guys just need inspiration.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Triple_D_Bet

Triple_D_Bet

And to top it off I never got what I was going for with the 20 posts (was trying to send a PM to request a book)

tatddy

And to top it off I never got what I was going for with the 20 posts (was trying to send a PM to request a book)
    Range poker book? Still need it?

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

i play online poker everyday for real money.

i always hear losers complaining about how rigged online poker is, not realizing how bad they play...

edit: not talking about superusers...
    Last edited by Ghenghis Kahn; 08-17-13 at 04:13 PM.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Oops, guess that's my bad PM me your email address and I'll send it along with anything else you might want that I have.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Oops, guess that's my bad PM me your email address and I'll send it along with anything else you might want that I have.
    Be careful with what you offer, last time he requested I send him nudes of me with various domesticated creatures.

Triple_D_Bet

Range poker book? Still need it?
    Nah, was a book about a poker pro or soemthing, a friend of a poster was askign if anyone wanted a copy and I thought I'd give it a read. I think it was just a scam to gte my email address though...I've been getting disturbing spam ever since from thatsyourdaddy69@imwithbrett.net

k13

I just played one day of Poker Stars, multi-tabling so lot of hands. I think I won 3 out a 1000 big hands/pots/all ins.

Makes SBR Poker look tame. As I type this AQ losses to A8.

Down 50 buy ins in one day playing perfect poker lol

Must be the reload bonus I took...

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I've concluded on one theory...

If you go all in (after the flop) and you are behind 1 on 1 with someone... the player who is behind that goes all in wins the hand 63% of the time.

k13

Another day at Poker Stars.

Won 2 hands out 1451.

Run good.

k13

Lost every single in one hour, every single one. Every time I was ahead. How is that even possible.

One in a trillion odds.

k13

Don't ever think SBR poker is that bad, just typical online bs.

Just lost another million hands in a row, not even exaggerating. Playing 10 tables at once.

There's no way I can lose 8 coin flips in a row if I tried all day in real life. Some how I can do it ever 5 minutes.

k13

Another 2 out on the river. 30 seconds later. again and again and again.
    again

k13

I'm never playing again after my bonus is done. Fucken joke.

k13

Turn it on again for 15 minutes.

8 three outers in a row.

Unreal. Makes SBR look like a playground.

k13

qq vs 96o, flop 669

yeah, ok.

btw, the streak has not ended, twenty million bad beats in a row.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Lost every single in one hour, every single one. Every time I was ahead. How is that even possible.

One in a trillion odds.
    Didn't even steal the blinds once?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 304

Off course if you point this out to the poker stat gurus they will point out that you have to play 3 million hands to analyze stats. Sure someone give me $1 million dollars of their money and I will happily play 3 million hands to prove them they are wrong.

k13

Down 300 BI's in 3 days playing sng's/mtt's, think about how many that is.

Another 2 outer as I type this.

The "good beats" happen like once every 1000 hands while the bad beats every other hand.
    Even though I was up five figures on PS a few years ago. That was still way under -EV and I played 2 million hands. So I quit.

k13

I could probably do better if I closed my eyes. That's how these euro retards play.

You US guys wish you could play again, fucken awful players. Too bad your hands won't hold up.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

great video. how do we avoid this loss aversion? it is inevitable to have big losses and indeed such losses drain a person out mentally and its very difficult to cope with them. I am trying to accept such losses and move on in betting as well but its never as easy as it sounds.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    great video. how do we avoid this loss aversion? it is inevitable to have big losses and indeed such losses drain a person out mentally and its very difficult to cope with them. I am trying to accept such losses and move on in betting as well but its never as easy as it sounds.
    All true but if you're a BONA FIDE winning poker player/bettor (tracked) than knowing that for a fact will help you "avoid this loss aversion".

Make sense?

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Quote Originally Posted by BiTeMe UsAdOj View Post
    All true but if you're a BONA FIDE winning poker player/bettor (tracked) than knowing that for a fact will help you "avoid this loss aversion".

Make sense?
    thats the thing. I have been running great for the last couple months or so but who is to say the run will continue. I can go cold and start losing again. What I'm trying to say is their is no guarantee that no matter how good you are you can never be sure that you will continue winning

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    thats the thing. I have been running great for the last couple months or so but who is to say the run will continue. I can go cold and start losing again. What I'm trying to say is their is no guarantee that no matter how good you are you can never be sure that you will continue winning
    Over the short term, obviously no guarantees. But if one has compiled a good number of YEARS as a winning poker player or bettor, someone can reasonably conclude what an expected ~ return on their gambling will be over the following block of subsequent years.

123 Last