DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

COLLEGE HOOPS WINNERS 2014 thread

I am a total college basketball addict, and counting down the days (9 now) until the 2014-15 tipoff.

I already have my eye on half a dozen games for Friday Nov 14th, opening day of the season.As soon as spreads are posted I will be able to pull the trigger and post my plays.Last year I posted many winners, some losers, and my monkey-math showed an ~80% win rate through the first month of the NCAA bball season, with that leveling out to around 65% the rest of the way.Lost a shit ton throughout the tourney, then won it all back on Uconn.

This season, I’ll be tracking all of my bets on here. I think it will help me keep better track, share some winners with you degens, and hopefully allow me to heed your warnings & keep myself from making bad bets.I will try to have write-ups for the big games, and simple posted plays for others.

Let’s make some $$$ this season boys!

Starting at 0-0.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

I locked in a few FUTURES BETS:

KANSAS @ 18/1 - the loss if Embiid hurts big time, especially since they lack a true center now. But with returning big man Traylor, and freshman phenom Cliff Alexander (who will be compared to wiggins), they should do alright down low vs most squads. KU guards consists of an impressive group of returners like Greene & Seldon Jr who are talented & ever-improving perimeter shooters. Add in Mason and another top freshman Kelly Oubre and THIS BACKCOURT IS DEEP. So deep that Connor Francamp announced this week that he is transferring.

WICHITA STATE @ 28/1 - Yes, cleanthony early leaving hurts big time. But Ron Baker, Fred VanVleet & Tekele Cotton are returning to comprise possibly the BEST backcourt in the country, both offensively and defensively. Obviously a trend with all these teams I'm listing are EXCELLENT COACHES (here, Greg Marshall). One last thing... Remember the name 'Bush' Wamukota - a 7 foot African Beast - the inside physical presence the Shockers lacked last season.

MICHIGAN STATE @ 33/1 - Let's continue the trend of great coaches and realize that Izzo is going to turn the likes of Alvin Ellis, Gavin Schilling and Lourawls "Tum Tum" Nairn Jr into household names in just a few months. TThose three guys have talent that Izzo can develop into real winners. Spartans are returning ever-improving & former MI Mr. Basketball Matt Costello down low, with Trice, Valentine & Dawson managing the floor. If Valentine plays like he did last season, and if Dawson plays up to his potential... Beware of my Spartans come March.

GONZAGA @ 35/1 - A healthy Kevin Pangos along with Gary Bell Jr. are already one of the best Guard duos in the country. We all know it takes a great guard duo to win it all come March (Napier & Boatwright ring a bell?). Now the zags add 4star frosh Josh Perkins and USC transfer swingman Byron Wesley to the guardplay. Down low they have a 7'1" beast of a presence in Karnowski, an athletic Kentucky transfer Kyle Wiltjer who is just dying to break out, and a 6'10" freshman Sabonis. They have the talent. They will play a decent schedule up front before rolling through the WCC like a wrecking ball. I made a lot of money on these bulldogs last year covering 20-30 spreads as favorites.

Kentucky - NOT YET. Current odds are 3.5/1. I don't even need to tell you about how ridiculously good this team is on paper. Just wait and see how they mesh (which will likely be great). I will wait until they lose a game then check out their futures odds. At 7/2 its just not enough value.

BOL

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    I locked in a few FUTURES BETS:

KANSAS @ 18/1 - the loss if Embiid hurts big time, especially since they lack a true center now. But with returning big man Traylor, and freshman phenom Cliff Alexander (who will be compared to wiggins), they should do alright down low vs most squads. KU guards consists of an impressive group of returners like Greene & Seldon Jr who are talented & ever-improving perimeter shooters. Add in Mason and another top freshman Kelly Oubre and THIS BACKCOURT IS DEEP. So deep that Connor Francamp announced this week that he is transferring.

WICHITA STATE @ 28/1 - Yes, cleanthony early leaving hurts big time. But Ron Baker, Fred VanVleet & Tekele Cotton are returning to comprise possibly the BEST backcourt in the country, both offensively and defensively. Obviously a trend with all these teams I'm listing are EXCELLENT COACHES (here, Greg Marshall). One last thing... Remember the name 'Bush' Wamukota - a 7 foot African Beast - the inside physical presence the Shockers lacked last season.

MICHIGAN STATE @ 33/1 - Let's continue the trend of great coaches and realize that Izzo is going to turn the likes of Alvin Ellis, Gavin Schilling and Lourawls "Tum Tum" Nairn Jr into household names in just a few months. TThose three guys have talent that Izzo can develop into real winners. Spartans are returning ever-improving & former MI Mr. Basketball Matt Costello down low, with Trice, Valentine & Dawson managing the floor. If Valentine plays like he did last season, and if Dawson plays up to his potential... Beware of my Spartans come March.

GONZAGA @ 35/1 - A healthy Kevin Pangos along with Gary Bell Jr. are already one of the best Guard duos in the country. We all know it takes a great guard duo to win it all come March (Napier & Boatwright ring a bell?). Now the zags add 4star frosh Josh Perkins and USC transfer swingman Byron Wesley to the guardplay. Down low they have a 7'1" beast of a presence in Karnowski, an athletic Kentucky transfer Kyle Wiltjer who is just dying to break out, and a 6'10" freshman Sabonis. They have the talent. They will play a decent schedule up front before rolling through the WCC like a wrecking ball. I made a lot of money on these bulldogs last year covering 20-30 spreads as favorites.

Kentucky - NOT YET. Current odds are 3.5/1. I don't even need to tell you about how ridiculously good this team is on paper. Just wait and see how they mesh (which will likely be great). I will wait until they lose a game then check out their futures odds. At 7/2 its just not enough value.

BOL

good stuff but I wouldn't use the word athletic and Kyle Wjilter on the same page

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Mr. Toretto Ill se you after the Superbowl.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

I don't like Kansas at all this year. I can't see them being better than last year. Oubre is a solid player but he is more of an athlete than anything. I think he's a 2 or 2 year guy that you wonder how he got drafted. Seldon should be stud and Greene will improve but Greene is more of a role player

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    I don't like Kansas at all this year. I can't see them being better than last year. Oubre is a solid player but he is more of an athlete than anything. I think he's a 2 or 2 year guy that you wonder how he got drafted. Seldon should be stud and Greene will improve but Greene is more of a role player
    Perry Ellis & Cliff Alexander. You need to think of these two. Impressive ass forwards. Ellis was great last year as the glue that held the team together. He avg'd like 13-15 pts I believe, with good defense and good rebounding. If cliff is what we all expect, you might change your mind real quick. I know Izzo has been targeting cliff Alexander for years, and his highschool highlights are freakish. All it takes is for one of those returning guards or Oubre to turn into a solid scorer and they can do it. We should have a much better idea real soon when they play Kentucky on 11/18.

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

It'll be interesting to see if sparty can put together a good offense this year. They're lacking some serious outside shooting but defensively they should improve.

jetsmets31
    jetsmets31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1249

Kentucky wins it all

brandcorytoby
    brandcorytoby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7732

Can you post you record for last year?

Thanks

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5940

Nice write ups man.

I think Wisconsin is very tough and they are my favorite to win it all. Zona fan too, I just think Wiscy has the horses and the maturity to get it done.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post
    Nice write ups man.

I think Wisconsin is very tough and they are my favorite to win it all. Zona fan too, I just think Wiscy has the horses and the maturity to get it done.
    Thanks Steve.

Wiscy will likely climb the ranks to #1 early, they're loaded with good upperclassmen. They got size yet every player on the floor can be a deep shot threat. I agree they can win it all IF they improve on defense and make it through a bruising B1G conf sched without injuries. But Zona... I just don't see it. No elite guard play.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

Im excited to go thru this season with ya, BOL this year

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ttmDLlYk0Zw

For your enjoyment, freshmen Stanley Johnson (Arizona 6'8" SG/SF) vs Kelly Oubre (Kansas 6'7" SG/SF). I think these are going to be the two best freshmen in the country.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

I locked in my players' futures bets for the season. The ones with ****** are locked in. The bottom ones are just leans that I'm debating.

*******Tyus Jones - Average Assists Per Game in the 2014-2015 season
    8 (-120)u

*******Kevin Pangos - Average Points Per Game in the 2014-2015 season
    14½ (-130)o

*******Treveon Graham - Average Points Per Game in the 2014-2015 season
    15½ (-120)o

*******Branden Dawson - Average Rebounds Per Game in the 2014-2015 season
    8½ (-130)o

*******Juwan Staten - Average Points Per Game in the 2014-2015 season
    17½ (-130)o

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Joe Young - Average Points Per Game in the 2014-2015 season
    20½ (130)u

Kelly Oubre - Average Points Per Game in the 2014-2015 season
    13½ (-120)o

Stanley Johnson - Average Points Per Game in the 2014-2015 season
    14½ (-120)o

Olivier Hanlan - Average Points Per Game in the 2014-2015 season
    20½ (-130)u

Tyus Jones - Average Points Per Game in the 2014-2015 season
    10½ (-120)o

stevek173

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ttmDLlYk0Zw

For your enjoyment, freshmen Stanley Johnson (Arizona 6'8" SG/SF) vs Kelly Oubre (Kansas 6'7" SG/SF). I think these are going to be the two best freshmen in the country.
    Good stuff man, that dunk at the end, wow lol.

So glad this kid is coming to the desert. Agree on us not having the elite guards to keep up with Wiscy and Kentucky.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

FINALLY the day has come!!!! So excited

Minnesota +9 vs Louisville
    I had this game capped at 8 and liked minny. Dre Hollins will be the best shooter on the floor tonight and Eliason can D up on Montrezl Harrell. And trust me, son wants to beat dad more than dad wants to be son.

VCU -8 vs Tennessee
    Got a future bet out on Graham putting up big points this season. Reddic left but weber is back and shocka smart gets his boys ready for big matchups. Had this game capped at 8 and like VCU. Tennessee lost everyone, most importantly Stokes and won't be ready for the Havoc.

Boise state -3 vs San Diego
    Anthony Drmic is one of the biggest game changers west of the Mississippi. The yugo from down under is gonna boss up this year and put Boise state on the map this season.

Texas -18 vs NDSU
    Had this capped at 20 and liked the longhorns. Texas should be a title contender this year with good coaching, decent returning players and Miles Turner, a somehow overlooked potential freshman of the year.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24854

Dommer, MN is sharp.

They might win outright

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

I want Villanova up to -18 vs Lehigh but I can't find a spread available, same with SMU vs Lamar, I had SMU up to -30 before they lost a key player so I'm interested to see if/when a line is released.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Dommer, MN is sharp.

They might win outright
    Yes this game could go down to the wire, or gophers could take control. Smells like an upset to kickoff the season. The hole left by Russ Smith won't be immediately filled.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24854

stevek173

gl man

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

3-1

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Good start Torletto

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

3-1 so far this season

Florida -8 vs Miami.
    Injuries & suspensions are leaving the gators thin tonight but Miami is just bad. Best shooter on the floor is Frazier and his support will be enough to put away the U. Do you know why they call themselves "The U"? Because they can't spell university.

Michigan -19 vs Bucknell
    I thought this line would be much higher honestly.

Georgia State +10 vs Iowa State
    Kevin Ware leads the transfers against a cyclone squad who lost 2 of their 'big 3'. They got a transfer as well but 10 points seems like a gift.

Iowa -19.5 vs NDSU
    Thought this line would be & should be much higher.

Auburn +10.5 @ Colorado
    It's tough to beat the buffs at home but they lost their star pg from last season and rely on forwards mostly. I think Bruce pearl gets his team up for this game. Auburn's transfers are led by last year's leading point scorer in the country, niagaras Antoine Mason. He and his supporting guards should be the difference makers in this game.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

3-1 so far this season

Florida -8 vs Miami.
    Injuries & suspensions are leaving the gators thin tonight but Miami is just bad. Best shooter on the floor is Frazier and his support will be enough to put away the U. Do you know why they call themselves "The U"? Because they can't spell university.

Michigan -19 vs Bucknell
    I thought this line would be much higher honestly.

Georgia State +10 vs Iowa State
    Kevin Ware leads the transfers against a cyclone squad who lost 2 of their 'big 3'. They got a transfer as well but 10 points seems like a gift.

Iowa -19.5 vs NDSU
    Thought this line would be & should be much higher.

Auburn +10.5 @ Colorado
    It's tough to beat the buffs at home but they lost their star pg from last season and rely on forwards mostly. I think Bruce pearl gets his team up for this game. Auburn's transfers are led by last year's leading point scorer in the country, niagaras Antoine Mason. He and his supporting guards should be the difference makers in this game.
    Smh, noone says that. And I wouldnt say Miami is bad, but okay

But goodluck lol
    Last edited by RavensFan2k3; 11-17-14 at 04:50 PM.

stevek173

Zona looked underwhelming last night, but better than game one. They might be a good pick not to cover a lot of huge spreads this year.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Oh fukk, this Angel Rodriguez kid on Miami is killin me. Florida looked in control of 75% of the game up double digits then started breaking down. Angel hits 3 after 3 after 3 and now I'm sweating.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Fukk. Updated record 5-4.

Wichita State -8 vs Memphis

Also leaning: Utah+5.5 @ SDSU, possibly FSU-11 vs N'Eastern, possibly Duke-7.5 vs MSU only because my Spartans are missing 3 guards tonight to injury. And that damn UK/KU game is capped right on the dot...

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

6-4 now

Mark of a champion caliber team is being able to rely on your defense even when your offense is cold. That was Wichita state in 1H.... In 2H they came alive and stretched the lead to 23.

Gonna go to the gym now cuz that old asshole announcer is doing the SDSU-Utah game n I can't stand him sucking the PAC's dik and making irrational senile statements all game.

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

From one DOM to another DOM. Appreciate the time and effort you are putting in. Good info.

Are all your bets 1x or do you vary unit size?

Good luck this season and will be checking in.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Thanks Dom. Well I didnt really want to put in the effort to track units lol... My standard bet is to win $50. I bet more on big games but I'm trying to keep them all the same. Not sure how ill track it going forward.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Kentucky -7 vs Kansas

I'm a Kansas fan so it's tough for me to bet this but Kentucky has more experience and way more height. They're much deeper as well. Aside from perry ellis, I'm not sure who on Kansas is ready for this game. I wish the spread were -5 like I had circled a month ago but I still like it at -7.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

7-4

Looking into both Oklahoma and Green Bay tonight. Will post plays with write up later.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Oklahoma -5 at Creighton

Still love Coach Greg McDermott buttttt they lost the vast majority of their production from last season when Doug McD, Ethan Wragge, Gibbs & Manigat all left. Douggie was the type of one-in-a-million kid to lead his team through tough waters and get wins like this at home. I know Zierden & Artino are returners, but coming off the bench last season didn't give them the experience necessary for a big early season game like this.

Meanwhile Lon Krugers group has returning experience in Buddy Hield shooting out of his mind (7/7 3pt) and Ryan Spangler enforcing down low along with the help of new transfer TeShawn Thomas who avg'd nearly a double double at Houston. I see the Sooners breaking the Bluejays' home winning streak as we say farewell to the Doug McDermott dynasty.

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin
    Bbfromgpt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4429

Oklahoma down to -2.5

1234 ... Last