mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

jake....our SP's are going head to head tonight. this could be the difference in the week. unfortunately i like wacha better.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47515

Quote Originally Posted by mpaschal34 View Post
    jake....our SP's are going head to head tonight. this could be the difference in the week. unfortunately i like wacha better.
    both guys could get lit up in that ballpark

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

I need a 2B or OF.. Either works.

Have Maikel Franco, Adrian Beltre, Eugenio Suarez, Blake Snell, Ricky Nolasco, or Tanner Roark I can move

JAKEPEAVY21

looks like I need a big weekend to sink the juggernaut, mpas

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    looks like I need a big weekend to sink the juggernaut, mpas
    Yes you will. I've got deGrom, Lackey and Porcello going Saturday.

supersaintjames
    supersaintjames's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 141

i know nothing

JAKEPEAVY21

lost a 4 teamer because of the dogshit Houston bullpen

supersaintjames

dam jake how much was the payout?

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!

Looks like the Astros were reading articles in the off season on how great they were instead of working hard.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dan Kelly

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by supersaintjames View Post
    dam jake how much was the payout?
    13-1...few hundred bones

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    lost a 4 teamer because of the dogshit Houston bullpen
    absolute garbabe, it was painfull watching the pen give it away

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell88 View Post
    absolute garbabe, it was painfull watching the pen give it away
    what's up Mitch? long time

I've lost quite a few blown leads this year already...almost immune to it already

astro61200

This being allowed to go over 12, especially way over, is stupid. I went over by one because Nolasco was moved up a day and he was still left in my lineup. However, Dan picked up a few players to go WAAAAY over (17 total, 5 over)

Really? C'mon now, can we at least try to stick to around 12 in the spirit of competition, not blatantly breaking the rules because you're far behind.

17 starts and still going to lose.. Better try for 24 next time.
    Last edited by astro61200; 05-01-16 at 05:12 PM.

sharkbite8
    Update your status
    sharkbite8's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5129

Quote Originally Posted by astro61200 View Post
    This being allowed to go over 12, especially way over, is stupid. I went over by one because Nolasco was moved up a day and he was still left in my lineup. However, Dan picked up a few players to go WAAAAY over (17 total, 5 over)

Really? C'mon now, can we at least try to stick to around 12 in the spirit of competition, not blatantly breaking the rules because you're far behind.

Aren't the rules still for 12 starts only from pitchers?

astro61200

Quote Originally Posted by sharkbite8 View Post
    Aren't the rules still for 12 starts only from pitchers?
    That's what it was set at, but ESPN lets you go over the limit if it happens during the same day. So since he started the day with 11 starts he was able to get 6 starts today to try and catch up.

He picked up Eovaldi and Peralta in an attempt, wouldn't really care if they were players he had on his team originally, but picking people up and going way over the 12 start limit is annoying. Of course Peralta gave him -2 and Eovaldi is pitching now.

sharkbite8
    Update your status

Save Humanity = Ban the DH

Dan Kelly

Record: 3-0-0 Streak: W3
    Standing: 1st in West

Game Limits (Cur/Max)* P: 13/12 games started

Game Limits (Cur/Max)* P: 17/12 games started

I agree...don't mean to call you out Dan. But, looks like the system is not calculating starts correctly.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11977

We need a honor system...Don't abuse that stupid ESPN loophole.

Having said that, I don't see my team winning another week. My offense is dreadful and basically last in every offense category. Chris Sale is wasting away on my shit team.

astro61200

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post

Having said that, I don't see my team winning another week. My offense is dreadful and basically last in every offense category. Chris Sale is wasting away on my shit team.
    I'll take him, and Felix, and Rondon, and Aroldis

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by sharkbite8 View Post
    Save Humanity = Ban the DH

Dan Kelly

Record: 3-0-0 Streak: W3
    Standing: 1st in West

Game Limits (Cur/Max)* P: 13/12 games started

Game Limits (Cur/Max)* P: 17/12 games started

I agree...don't mean to call you out Dan. But, looks like the system is not calculating starts correctly.
    He knows as much, he stated it earlier and is actively trying to exploit the rules.

Dan Kelly
    Update your status
    Dan Kelly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

Originally Posted by stealthyburrito

Quote Originally Posted by gryfyn1 View Post
    He knows as much, he stated it earlier and is actively trying to exploit the rules.
    If you look at previous posts, you will see a discussion on this situation. If you look at the scoreboard - http://games.espn.go.com/flb/boxscor...p&version=full - you'll see that some players have taken advantage of the flaw in the software since the 1st week - if you are going to call out anyone that's who you should call out, not me.

I was made aware of this during the 3rd week. The software will only limit starts if 12 are reached by Saturday. Astro also took advantage of it in the game we played last week. So why are you picking on me.

What really sucks is that I had the 2nd most points last week and lost.

If you want to start a discussion on whether we should limit our starts ourselves, that's fine with me - but I think that ship sailed 2 weeks ago. We talked about how the strategy has changed, and what anyone who is desperate can do is dump all of their hitters, and go for QS's.

BoL
    Last edited by Dan Kelly; 05-02-16 at 02:48 PM.

Dan Kelly
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by astro61200 View Post

What are you talking about - you could have easily changed your starters to hit 12 if you wanted to. But besides that, the number of starts was abused the very first week. I am just playing the game - your comments are like saying don't bluff too much in poker because it's not fair, even though others are doing it.

And how was I supposed to know that you weren't going to grab every available starter and put them on your team. You had already scheduled more than 12, AND manipulated your starts so that you had exactly 11 on Saturday. What a joke attacking me for doing exactly what you did.

BoL
    Last edited by Dan Kelly; 05-02-16 at 03:23 PM.

Dan Kelly
    Update your status

Maybe the reason I'm being singled out is because I am winning (3-1, and the one loser had the 2nd highest score but lost to the highest score, and 2 of those wins came before I was told how to cheat while others were cheating), because it can't be because I figured out how to manipulate the game, because I didn't. And if your contention is that it's the degree that I manipulated it to - then you're just a moron, because a little cheating is the same as a lot of cheating. And if I had left off 2 or 3 starters this past Sunday, I would have left off the ones that had the negative scores because the only reason they were there is because I picked them up because I WAS TRYING TO WIN.

I move that we disband this league and give everyone their 1,000 points back.

I have the most to lose because I'm going to win this, so it's okay with me, so it should be okay with everyone else and that way no one can make an idiotic request that we all "sort of" play by the rules.

Let's see a vote.
    Last edited by Dan Kelly; 05-02-16 at 03:45 PM.

astro61200

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kelly View Post
    What are you talking about - you could have easily changed your starters to hit 12 if you wanted to. But besides that, the number of starts was abused the very first week. I am just playing the game - your comments are like saying don't bluff too much in poker because it's not fair, even though others are doing it.

And how was I supposed to know that you weren't going to grab every available starter and put them on your team. You had already scheduled more than 12, AND manipulated your starts so that you had exactly 11 on Saturday. What a joke attacking me for doing exactly what you did.

BoL
    Nolasco got bumped up a day or would have been right at 12, didn't know he was bumped up until after the game started. I set it up so I'd hit exactly 12 on Sunday (was at 10 prior to Sunday with Scherzer and Pomeranz going on Sunday)

I'm not really singling you out because of your record, just because you're the first person to go way over against me. Record doesn't mean much at all in the 4th week of a fantasy baseball league.

As for you are going to win, that's doubtful as we can't have co-champs so when I win the best you could do is second
    Last edited by astro61200; 05-02-16 at 03:49 PM.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!

Maybe the reason I'm being singled out is because I am winning (3-1, and the one loser had the 2nd highest score but lost to the highest score, and 2 of those wins came before I was told how to cheat while others were cheating), because it can't be because I figured out how to manipulate the game, because I didn't. And if your contention is that it's the degree that I manipulated it to - then you're just a moron, because a little cheating is the same as a lot of cheating. And if I had left off 2 or 3 starters this past Sunday, I would have left off the ones that had the negative scores because the only reason they were there is because I picked them up because I WAS TRYING TO WIN.

I have the most to lose because I'm going to win this, so it's okay with me, so it should be okay with everyone else and that way no one can make an idiotic request that we all "sort of" play by the rules.

Let's see a vote.
    I have no complaints....other than the fact someone is already saying they are the best team when I've scored 165 more points than anyone else for the year (and Darvish set to come back).

I would be sad to see this league disbanded because it's the only league I have that we regularly communicate.

I wish we we would have gone with the standard 7 moves a week format, but I'm good with working the system as it is.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

Originally Posted by stealthyburrito

If you look at previous posts, you will see a discussion on this situation. If you look at the scoreboard - http://games.espn.go.com/flb/boxscor...p&version=full - you'll see that some players have taken advantage of the flaw in the software since the 1st week - if you are going to call out anyone that's who you should call out, not me.

I was made aware of this during the 3rd week. The software will only limit starts if 12 are reached by Saturday. Astro also took advantage of it in the game we played last week. So why are you picking on me.

What really sucks is that I had the 2nd most points last week and lost.

If you want to start a discussion on whether we should limit our starts ourselves, that's fine with me - but I think that ship sailed 2 weeks ago. We talked about how the strategy has changed, and what anyone who is desperate can do is dump all of their hitters, and go for QS's.

BoL
    My statement wasn't directed at you, I am aware it has been done before in previous weeks.

No one should intentionally overshoot the SP limit, and if it's blatant by a participant over a period of several weeks in a row, then I'd be fine disbanding as well, or imposing some sort of DQ on that participant on EOS winnings.

onerous
    onerous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

baseball is fun

Dan Kelly
    Update your status

To be crystal clear = the way to maximize your chance to win on a weekly basis in this league is to have your best 11 starts exactly by Saturday, then, according to your score on Sunday morning, get as many or as few starts as you need to win. That is how I have set my team up, and how I will play this the rest of the season because that is what ESPN allows. I will not agree to any sort of self-imposed limits on starts because that is changing the rules after the fact.

Realistically, anyone starting more than 2 or 3 starters on a Sunday is seldom going to be successful because he had to add the worst starters to his team, so the number of weekly starts over 14 is probably meaningless or just a luck factor.

I know that daily lineup changes and unlimited transactions is too much for some of the current participants, and others have a problem with the software. So it seems that a majority of the participants will want to disband and try again next year with limited transactions (5 or 10 weekly?) and weekly lineup changes.

Baseball is lots of fun.

BoL

JAKEPEAVY21

Let's see a vote.
    no complaints from the guy that is 0-4

sharkbite8
    Update your status

I am not in favor of dissolving the league. I just got back into fantasy MLB, and enjoy the competition. But, for next year I would suggest setting up the league as a roto league, and not a total points head/head contest. It doesn't take to much to win this league, if you have the best pitchers and can stream the pitchers every week. That's why I stopped playing years ago. It became very boring to just stream the pitchers, even if I was winning the league. It wasn't much of a challenge for me anymore. I would prefer to keep the rules as they were setup prior to the draft, and continuing the league till the end. MLB is a marathon and not a sprint. The standings will probably be different come September. If we can try and play on the honor system, in regards to starts. Obviously, if you go over a start or two on the final day that's one thing. But, if you continuously stream and go over by more than 3 starts each week the commish should step in.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!

I think everyone has their opinions. I think Roto gets boring because most get bored by month 4 if they aren't at the top. Maybe we will have both leagues next year.

Again, if we make the max roster moves of 7 per week next year, that will limit the mass streaming.

As for this year, my vote is to keep the league in tact and just live with the rules as they are.

astro61200

To be crystal clear = the way to maximize your chance to win on a weekly basis in this league is to have your best 11 starts exactly by Saturday, then, according to your score on Sunday morning, get as many or as few starts as you need to win. That is how I have set my team up, and how I will play this the rest of the season because that is what ESPN allows. I will not agree to any sort of self-imposed limits on starts because that is changing the rules after the fact.

It's not changing the rules, it's trying to come up with a solution to enforce the rules that were set that the software has issues with. Exploiting a known bug to try and get an advantage is pathetic, especially in a free league with such a low amount of points on the line.

It's whatever though, couldn't beat me with it this time and won't be able to beat me with it next time either. A shame you're going to go over 2000 transactions in a season and not even make the finals.

supersaintjames

i can see injuries as a big turning point in the finals especially in the finals

CarolinaDaze
    2x- SBR Fantasy Football Champion
    CarolinaDaze's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30913

I think the ships sailed, time 2 just let the chips fall where they may. Everyone by now understands the rules as they are, lets just play it out as is. Thanks Mikemca for being honest with everyone about this issue.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaDaze View Post
    I think the ships sailed, time 2 just let the chips fall where they may. Everyone by now understands the rules as they are, lets just play it out as is. Thanks Mikemca for being honest with everyone about this issue.
    Agreed, since apparently there's no middle ground between ruthlessly exploiting a glitch in ESPN's software we're all aware or disbanding the league, we'll just have to go with the former.

JAKEPEAVY21

Will Myers continues to stay hot...

First ... 567891011 ... Last