EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

BRISBANE 1.3.11
    I THINK I THINK Serra isn't all that useless on outdoor hard courts. So, I THINK up against the "new" Baghdatis, he could still keep these sets tight. Serra has a nice track record at this event as well, while Baggy does not. The Cypriot did do himself a favor with an exhibition match against Berdych in the warm climate of the United Arab Emirates in late December, losing in three. Still, I THINK Baghdatis might not look to expend too much energy early in this tournament which could mean a lot of service holds. That's why I THINK the over at 21 is a tidy play later tonight following the Peer-Safarova match in Brisbane.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

beefcake
    Update your status

Ep, lines are dropping like a rock,but how bout a Georges/baggy 2 teamer..? -150..

EaglesPhan36

I dunno man. I have a weird feeling on Baghdatis today for some reason. Probably just because I read all the increased fitness reports, etc. but am curious to see how they pay off. He should win, but something inside me says it's going to be scary. Of course that could mean he rolls: 6-0, 6-0.

beefcake
    Update your status

We he did have a front page ATP.com interview today once again about how many friggin miles he ran in cyprus in the last 6 weeks or portion sizes of red meat he ate..Frankly I think he will be much improved, but it will take some time, maybe march or so.He still on paper should be able to beat serra. Georges came on strong late last year and her serve is one of the most underrated on tour.

EaglesPhan36

Well Fish is rolling, so I get my big .28 unit win.

Tsonga
    Tsonga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I dunno man. I have a weird feeling on Baghdatis today for some reason. Probably just because I read all the increased fitness reports, etc. but am curious to see how they pay off. He should win, but something inside me says it's going to be scary. Of course that could mean he rolls: 6-0, 6-0.
    I hate how the fact that the articles about his good fitness make us think he might flop in his first match of the year.

I'm hoping he rolls Serra...don't like Serra at all.

EaglesPhan36

You guys might get tired of me this year talking about Berankis, but I love this kid. Came back from 0-3 in the 1st and can close out Clement in two. He'll have some growing pains especially like most youngsters on clay, but I think he's going to be good despite his size. Reminds me of Michael Chang in that respect. I look for his best results on outdoor hard courts and watch out for him when they switch to grass.

EaglesPhan36

CHENNAI 1.4.11
    I THINK I THINK that Robin Haase is overpriced. Not that he does not have the talent, but his best results last season came on dirt. He faces the Canadian, Dancevic. His biggest problem has been health. He suffered through a hard 2010 with hip and back issues. He's always had a serve suited well for this surface. The Canadian also has time on-court already in doubles action. Haase has played here before with mixed results. I THINK this will all be based on serve as neither is particularly known as a returner. At +200, if Frank the Tank's serve is solid, he poses a decent upset shot, I THINK.

DOHA/CHENNAI 1.4.11
    I THINK I THINK when looking for parlay options, one might THINK about starting with Kohlschreiber. The German did about what we have come to expect from him. Flashes of great play amid mostly solid, but not superb results. On this surface, Kohlschreiber I THINK is superior to Seppi who is just 3-7 in his last 10 on outdoor hard courts. Kohlschreiber has been a quick starter the past two years and I THINK his experience in these different and sometimes harsh Doha conditions give him the edge over Seppi who is 2-6 in his career here. Perhaps couple Kohlschreiber with Devvarman who is playing in his native India. Devvarman made the final in Chennai in 2009 and faces qualifier Goffin whose three wins in qualifying are just two more than his entire career's worth of wins on this surface. Experience and a supportive crowd, I THINK will carry Devvarman. Parlay at +116.

sharlataans
    sharlataans's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2614

EP sorry I posted this on other thread.

What do you think of fading Gulbis today agaist Hansecu (+200 odds). May be he was lazy in preparation, would not surprise me

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Well Fish is rolling, so I get my big .28 unit win.
    No problem. Did you honestly think Fish was gonna lose? It was basically free money.

brandoc
    brandoc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 940

Quote Originally Posted by sharlataans View Post
    EP sorry I posted this on other thread.

What do you think of fading Gulbis today agaist Hansecu (+200 odds). May be he was lazy in preparation, would not surprise me

I think Hanescu is capable of a win here, although heīs always too unpredictable to put anything large on him. Seems to be a massive lack of liquidity on betfairs tennis matches- is this just because itīs the start of the season??

Tsonga

Baggy got the win but it was difficult like you predicted eagles...good call.

EaglesPhan36

Wow. Stosur got absolutely mauled today by Groth. That is surprising.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!

Serra can be a right pita sometimes, he's much more capable than his ranking suggests. Often doesn't give a **** though.

beefcake
    Update your status

Berankis at +115!! Sign me up!

EaglesPhan36

Well Dancevic was worth the ride I guess. He's going to lose in the 3rd, probably 6-7, 6-4, 6-4. Haase just didn't give any break opps as the match went on.

EaglesPhan36

1st "Public Punisher" attempt this year. UNDER is super juiced for Nadal-Beck at 16.5 games and -150, so going OVER at +120.

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 01-13-15 at 04:21 PM.

Tsonga

I can see why you take that line but Beck is really bad so you never know...16.5 is really low though.

EaglesPhan36

Yeah well nothing worked today. Beck could have extended that 1st set to at least 10 games, but he does indeed suck. This is just something I like to try when these real high juiced lines appear, go opposite. Doesn't always pan out obviously. Devvarman f-ed the parlay with a poor performance.

1st shitty tennis day of the year ... hooray.

beefcake
    Update your status

Dam somdev WTF???
    He is way better then letting that stiff beat him. I played Rosol small, due to the fact Dr. Ivo hasnt played dick for matches since middle of last year and could be super rusty. Mid afternoon action to tide me over to soccer

EaglesPhan36

Oh yeah .. Chardy still sucks. Don't think I will ever bet that stiff again.

beefcake
    Update your status

Yep chardy is still a F'ing stiff..I watched most of Dr Ivo.I was impressed with his mental makeup having been his first match since May 2010.Not really rusty at all. His net play(for him) was alot better than Id seen in the past. Rosol was very game but when it comes to tiebreaks the big man is stoo tough.He looks fit and lean and mean.

EaglesPhan36

WTA AUCKLAND 1.4.11
    I THINK I THINK I am going out of my mother fukking mind because I'm going double barreled Russian action. Vesina + Kuznetsova on the parlay at +114. Vesnina proved to be competent and dangerous at times on hard courts in 2010 and looked solid in her opener. She draws Halep, who is a talented, but inexperience youngster. Looking at the losses for Vesnina on this surface last year, I THINK it's the talent and experience that can beat her. Youth and inexperience with Halep - believe her opening win was her first WTA main draw win on outdoor hard courts - I THINK won't trouble her as much. Sveta gets Peng. They've met thrice and Peng has been pesky, but Kuznetsova has been superior at the end. Peng is capable, but Sveta on this surface has better weapons if she can keep her serve together. I THINK I'll go do some Vodka shots and watch the break points roll in.

EaglesPhan36

Passing on Berankis tonight too. Lots of money has gone on Mayer. Not always accurate, but I'll pass and see how he goes tonight. Good test against a veteran that is beatable, but also can be dominant if he's in the mood and Mayer was just that in Round 1.

EaglesPhan36

Wow. The choking is magnificent. Vesnina up 4-2 in the 2nd, loses the set and now down a break. Kuznetsova drops the 2nd set as well. Faulous day today. Guess Vesnina got hurt at some point ... she quit in the 3rd. Loverly 0-fer day.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 01-04-11 at 06:02 PM.

beefcake
    Update your status

Well berankis played well but lost..Hes gaining confidence and taking small steps. i think I like me Some Dr Ivo vs kolb..

EaglesPhan36

BRISBANE 1.5.11
    I THINK I THINK yesterday blew goat balls. So, I THINK it's a good time to break back into the win column. Parlay style. Kevin Anderson draws the pretty boy, Felciano Lopez. Anderson was dominant on serve with 18 Aces and no break points allowed against Luczak. Lopez trumped Petzschner, but flirted with disaster in a 2nd set tie break that he won 13-11. F.Lo had 7 double faults and was a bit iffy on getting his 1st serve in. Both these guys can pump it in and that 1st serve is going to be key here. I like the Tall Cool One, Kevin Anderson, I THINK to be better there and survive what will likely be a couple or three tight sets. Coupling him with Baghdatis who had to fight hard in his opener to outlast Serra. Perhaps that's the kind of match he needs mental to check-in on the 2011 season. Bottom line here is he has better weapons than Kubot and consistency, I THINK. The Polish Hammer was an easy winner in his opener, but he's often caught short against the top players. Baggy will need to bring better concentration to this one and get his serve in consistently, but I THINK his fitness is going to start showing so long as his mental strength remains high. He showed that against Serra. Double them up at +115.

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    Well berankis played well but lost..Hes gaining confidence and taking small steps. i think I like me Some Dr Ivo vs kolb..
    Yeah. I think by the grass court swing and into the summer, he is going to be pretty solid if he can hold up stamina wise. I might take a pot shot on Veic tomorrow. Gulbis is another one of those guys I don't trust and the price is retarded.

By the way, Dolgopolov got crushed by Roddick and the scoreline looked shady again not that I saw any of the match ... He was up 4-2 in the 1st, lost it 6-4 and then pretty much quit in the 2nd, losing 6-1 I think. I've got three guys on my no-fly list for 2011 until further notice : Dolgopolov, Chardy, Istomin.

Kendrick -150 in the morning over Kavcic is the one I THINK I like also.
    Kendrick is something of a guilty pleasure for me, but I like his experience and serve over Kavcic. Kendrick has to serve well though. If he doesn't, he's always meat waiting to be cooked.

CollegePro
    CollegePro's Avatar Become A Pro!

i am going to play Kendrick with you... GL EP!!

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

I watched the Roddick match EP and I really don't think anything dodgy was going on. Roddick was having trouble at the start of the match because Dolgo almost plays the same style as him to a tee so the usual Roddick tricks weren't as effective. Eventually though, Andy started firing up the aces and even though Dolgo's power remained, his shots just weren't getting by Andy once he adjusted. Dolgo did make some silly errors too though so that always helps.

Regardless, I'll never put money on that punk. So much potential but he's dead to me now after the end of last year.

EaglesPhan36

Thanks shari, appreciate the info. I gotta put my signature back up and put those three punk asses in there that I mentioned. If someone catches me betting on any of their matches ... I hope you'll find me and bash me in the head with a blunt instrument.

brandoc
    brandoc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 940

Kendrick is spraying it everywhere right now - canīt even get a sniff of a break opp.

EaglesPhan36

Kendrick is God awful today. I THINK I'm going to try Gasquet-Phau OVER 21 at -108. Phau can be competitive on this surface, I THINK. He has to serve well and hold his serve deep into these sets. Gasquet should be solid again, but doesn't always bring it from set to set still.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 01-05-11 at 09:03 AM.

beefcake
    Update your status

Lots of money flowing to the Finnish Flounder today vs Donkey-Denko...Jarrko really has improved his game coming back from injury, I know Davy has a good history on this court but Ill bite and play the Finn SMALL.

First 12345 ... Last