sluggy1616
    Update your status
    sluggy1616's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4880

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
    They didn't close my account because of my performance afaik. Supposedly it's because I made a complaint of a wager that was settled incorrectly. After providing the evidence they still wouldn't budge. Eventually they did refund me (thankfully), but then told me to make a complete withdrawal and f*ck of basically.
    your not profitable to the books. they are happy to have an excuse to boot ya

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
    faaakkk....us (the poor good guys trying to make a few dinero) vs. them (the bastid books who don't like it when a few of "us" actually succeed at it)...

consider matchbook as well as betfair...between them, u should be able to meet/beat the best that pinny/laddy/sportingbet/willy can offer (but as exchanges they have no interest in hobbling winnerz as all plays are vs. other players)

pinny hassling someone surprises me a bit tho...they've always been the most winner-friendly book
    Are you still doing any Bases Fit ?

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

alamo, auto-playing dogs has been a hi-variance golden-goose for me the last few years in NRL (Australian RugbyLeague)...that's 15 games a week's worth of hi-variance golden-goose...i thot' it would translate well to MLB with almost that much action every day for 180 consecutive days...it WILL, eventually but i gotta work up a strict set of "rules of engagement"...the "brute force" method i tried in my thread was just too painful to follow when dogs do extra-well what they are supposed to do...lose

so it's "drawing board" time...now learning how to deal with the massive sets of data generated by MLB (even for the most basic game-date/-price/-score stuff i need)...

next year's effort will be designed with data going all the way back to 2008 which will give me a virtual equity-stream starting at $10,000...bumped up/down several thousand times by ML plays on dogs each aiming at 1.5% of the previous day's equity...(I'll look into raising the threshold from +135 to +150, among other things)

whether this "what if" account by itself is positive or not...the real value will lie in having it as an ADI (all-dog index) toggling up and down like the S&P500 helping us to "time" (using exactly the same sorts of "technical analysis" that financial traders employ) our forays into the dog-ML market...which i foresee as the key contribution of whatever thread i initiate next march

that's the long answer...the short answer is Schwarzenegger's "I'll be back" in time for 2015 reg-season...and i'm using the time till then to make sure i'm fully "wised up" by then
    Last edited by fitguy67; 07-23-14 at 09:27 AM.

First ... 43444546