EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Say What You Want ...

Andy Murray continues to show he's got something in his chest cavity in big moments.

Lots of people used to and some still do label him a choker which seems very undeserved nowadays .... this is not the work of a choker. Fought off a very game challenge from a guy playing really well today. I think the last year he has really shown that he is the clear cut #2 behind Djokovic and really not that far off on any given day when they meet in Slams now.

Well done on the comeback today.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Did you watch that documentary on him I posted here last week? Seriously it gave me a lot of insight into him and what he's like off court and his training regime. Whatever was holding him back before is long gone and I think that's brilliant. So much expectation placed on him from a young age and his body and mind couldn't keep pace with it but now he's finally got it all sorted. Hope he wins the whole thing (not just because it'll cash my future) but Djoko has looked so tough and I didn't really like how passive he was at times in this match so I have my doubts. Hope I'm wrong though!

EaglesPhan36

Ivan Lendl is a magician as well. Seems an easy correlation into him taking the giant leap he has taken in the last two years.

I just hope that is the Final. Don't care if people think the top seeds vs. top seeds are boring. That is the best rivalry in tennis right now and their last few Slam matches have been classic.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Janowicz + games is the play..

EaglesPhan36

You best find it where get +5 or 6 somewhere IMO, but I don't think books are stupid. They'll make it short, anything more than +5/5.5 would be a bit surprising to me as they usually keep the big servers on tighter spreads. Everyone will tout the unbreakable serve, but this isn't Murray's first rodeo against big servers.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 07-03-13 at 01:39 PM.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5318

Was great fight back by murray. Hope he makes the final but I will definitely be on Jankowicz + games as well.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Ivan Lendl is a magician as well. Seems an easy correlation into him taking the giant leap he has taken in the last two years.

I just hope that is the Final. Don't care if people think the top seeds vs. top seeds are boring. That is the best rivalry in tennis right now and their last few Slam matches have been classic.
    Yeah I hope it's the final too. I understand why some might want to see new players there but I wouldn't have much interest if it were anyone else but these two. At least we know it'd be a killer match and with these guys being friends since they were kids they always bring an extra emotional layer to their matches. And you're right, it is the best rivalry we have now with Roger on his way out and Rafa injury riddled.

EaglesPhan36

The US Open and Australian Open matches from 2012 were amazing. Even this year's Australian Open match was solid even though the ending wound up pretty routine for Djokovic in the last two sets.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

this is about the time when fan stuff messes with my head and makes me lose. should be a good final whoever's in it. time to quit the betting part for me, may the best player win. not a fan, but murray looks great

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Murray will take Jano in 3 sets. Murray wont fall behind again unless it to djoker or delpotro. Fernando was a beast today, murrays return game will be too much for jano

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Was great fight back by murray. Hope he makes the final but I will definitely be on Jankowicz + games as well.
    Oh my Jerzy! This post made me think of something:

Janowicz + Jankovic = true!??

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5318

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
    Oh my Jerzy! This post made me think of something:

Janowicz + Jankovic = true!??
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. True man

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Murray has been my favorite player since I really started following tennis. I've seen him evolve from a bratty kid to a mentally mature, nice guy. Also, he's a helluva tennis player. He deserves any and all praise getting thrown his way, Wimbledon win or not.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ever since his gold medal win at the Olympics, I've always thought that was THE transformational win for Murray. The guy fights hard and is never out of a match regardless of the score which is a sign of a true champion in the makings. On any given day, he can play like the best player in the world, it just took that mental fortitude which now looks like he's added that component to his game.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Agreed. He was way underpriced this match though, as I said well before the match started mind you...

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

He's still a pratty spoilt child In a grown ups body - nothing has changed, he's just moderated it a bit since Ivan the great came along. How anyone can cheer for the guy is beyond me, unless preppy private boys turn you on.

Anyways I think joker vs Murray is the final we are destined to have and this time I think Murray can take it out. I already jumped on joker to finish runner up at +285 so I'm hoping that's the way it ends up.