tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

kind of want to pound ferrer @ -160 live

he has that look in his eyes. he's out for blood.

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

My favorite player on tour... always feel like great when I have $$ on him, win or lose, cause he ALWAYS tries his hardest. Wish there were more athletes in any sport like him.

Diesel79
    Diesel79's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14862

I dont think he can play any better than this... DelPo has no chance if he keeps this up

tevari

Quote Originally Posted by BrianLaverty View Post
    My favorite player on tour... always feel like great when I have $$ on him, win or lose, cause he ALWAYS tries his hardest. Wish there were more athletes in any sport like him.
    he's a betting man's player, for sure. maximum effort all the time

tevari

didnt place a wager, figured i'd just watch and enjoy it. ferrer is playing out of his skin but delpo will put up a better fight in the second, im sure. looks like he's finding a bit of his form.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Quote Originally Posted by BrianLaverty View Post
    I totally agree. One of my favorite players in any sport. There is no better athlete to wager on in any sport. I hope Del Potro should get pissed off here and make this a match though , I need the over. This will be the match of the tournament to watch I hope.
    Last edited by gregm; 03-27-12 at 09:28 PM.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ferrer is not human when it comes to groundstrokes ....he's a returns & groundstrokes machine. He'll keep grinding and grinding as the match progresses until you tire out. Big servers like Potro dont have the stamina or consistent groundstrokes to hang with Ferrer.

Judgejoebrwn
    Judgejoebrwn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Except, of course, when he lost to Istomin. Crushed a parlay of mine. But I guess almost everyone in the Top 10 has had an upset recently, especially after Roddick/Federer.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

He had the Indian Wells flu that was going around - he was one of the few who kept playing rather than retiring. Dude is a beast win or lose.

tevari

ferrer is playing out of his skin right now, but delpo playing like straight up doo-doo too

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    He had the Indian Wells flu that was going around - he was one of the few who kept playing rather than retiring. Dude is a beast win or lose.
    Good post. Indian wells was a horrible tournament to wager on, as I learned, even the ball boys didn't want to touch the towels with all the flu going around. Ferrer has only retired 4 times in his career and withdrawn twice. He was sick during Indian wells.

Ferrer is a beast, I took the over just because I thought Ferrer had done too much on the clay tour in south america and had not looked good in his last few matches, I though del potro would win this on hard after Ferrer had looked the last 2 tourneys but I knew ferrer would fight and make my wager worth it.

I never thought this would be a Ferrer domination. What a year Ferrer is having.
    Last edited by gregm; 03-27-12 at 10:00 PM.

EaglesPhan36

It's weird, I don't remember Del Potro being such a head case the year he won the US Open. Now when he gets down or is getting pushed around, he almost always shows his frustration - reminds me too much of Murray in the past in that regard. I'm guessing maybe the pressure of being expect to win? I dunno.

tevari

i agree, he's become a bit of a diva since winning the us open

EaglesPhan36

Didn't realize Ferrer was serving balls out tonight. That's a difference maker. He hadn't done that prior to today which is part of the reason I thought Del Potro had a good shot today.

EaglesPhan36

Think I am just promising myself tomorrow to play Tipsarevic & Tsonga both at large odds and see what happens.

tevari

Interesting. Delpo serving at 0-40 down 2-4, and holds. I doubt it, but Ferrer could have a shaky service game coming up.

EaglesPhan36

You've noticed that too eh ... when guys blow multiple break opps, their next service game seems to suffer from concentration lapses - at least for the feeble minded fukks. DOn't think Ferrer falls into that trap.

EaglesPhan36

Fukking funny as hell when they show the long shot from behind Del Potro during the rallies, it looks like a grown man playing against a middle school kid in regards to size. And the middle school kid is kicking his asssss.

tevari

GSM

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

stamina a deciding factor here in the last game for Potro ....those two double faults in a row looked horrible...he looks gassed.