Login Search

EP36's Tennis Elbow

Last Post

Lost out on the parlay with Pennetta. She picked up some sort of injury in the 2nd set. Didn't see it, but in watching the scoreboard - very apparent that things swung hard the other way when this happened. She retired in the 3rd. Too bad. She was having a great tournament.

One more tonight.

WTA Sydney: Peng +145
Don't see as big a difference as the price shows betwen Cibulkova and Peng. Peng had a really solid year on this surface last year. It was a breakout type campaign for her. Not sure it progresses this year, but she's plenty consistent to outlast Cibulkova who is a typical WTA rollercoaster.
Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 01-07-12 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Price Change

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
Lost out on the parlay with Pennetta. She picked up some sort of injury in the 2nd set. Didn't see it, but in watching the scoreboard - very apparent that things swung hard the other way when this happened. She retired in the 3rd. Too bad. She was having a great tournament.

One more tonight.

WTA Sydney: Peng +135
Don't see as big a difference as the price shows betwen Cibulkova and Peng. Peng had a really solid year on this surface last year. It was a breakout type campaign for her. Not sure it progresses this year, but she's plenty consistent to outlast Cibulkova who is a typical WTA rollercoaster.
lol we must've been betting her close to the same time. I had put her in my slip and on TI this morning but forgot to bet until I was just scrolling through the remaining matches. Hopefully that wasn't a sign earlier for me to stay away. GL to us EP

Hell naw. I fell sympatico with you this year. Also looking at Murray-Dolgpolov. I can't avoid every fukkin Dolgo match all year even though I should ....
I was just saying to Optional in that other thread I don't even know what to think of Dolgo. I thought Baggy stood a chance against Murray - wrong. Knew Tomic wouldn't - right. But now the books give Dolgo less of a chance than Tomic??? Come on now. But Dolgo, even though I love the Ukes, you know how much he's messed me up. When he wins it goes to 3 and then I think of him against Murray last year in Melbourne and that's sticking in my head. Ugh I don't know. I think Optional's on the right track with the over but I can see Murray hammering him too. I need to look at actual numbers or just bloody stay away

Yeah their AO match showed all of that. Two sets where Murray smoked Dolgo and then two sets that were very close with Dolgo winning one. If Murray serves like he has the last two rounds, Dolgo probably drops it in two ... but we know that isn't always the case. Maybe it is just me, but I'm beginning to see Dolgo as kind of a Junior Murray of sorts. Lots of different slice shots and on certain days, his forehand and serve are untouchable. Not quite as good defensively ... but there's some similarities I think. Or maybe I'm drunk.

ATP Brisbane: Murray-Dolgopolov Over 20.5 [-110]
I think this all comes down to Dolgopolov's serve. If he can serve solidly and not give Murray too many looks at this 2nd serve, he should be able to make this a tight match where even two sets will see this given a chance. Also just a feeling that Murray isn't going to serve balls out three matches in a row and will give Dolgo some looks at break chances. I would suggest grabbing an adult beverage still.

ATP Chennai: Raonic +120
This is about as even as it gets. Serve on serve. Power on power. For me, if this comes down to tie breaks - Raonic is the better breaker player right now. Tipsy is just a shade above .500 in tie breaks for his career. Raonic is upwards of 64%. If Raonic has the torpedo serve loaded, will be tough to see anything but tie breaks determining this one.

ATP Chennai: Raonic +120
This is about as even as it gets. Serve on serve. Power on power. For me, if this comes down to tie breaks - Raonic is the better breaker player right now. Tipsy is just a shade above .500 in tie breaks for his career. Raonic is upwards of 64%. If Raonic has the torpedo serve loaded, will be tough to see anything but tie breaks determining this one.
Sounds like you think it's fifty / fifty game and are going with Raonic cause of the value? If Raonic was +110 would you still bet on him? or no play?