durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by trixtrix View Post
    "shut up durito, you penny bettor arber" /sharpcat

ps: hey how come they raised the prices on all the medellin flights recently?
    dunno, maybe for christmas, though i always used to find last minute stuff in dec cheap to go home.

trixtrix
    trixtrix's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post
    Ironically the Sharp in my username has absolutely nothing to do with gambling
    1.) the fact that you're not sharp is obv to everyone except you

2.) right.. after you were called out, all of a sudden it's not related to gambling at all.. that's why you chose to use it on a gambling board

3.) let's keep calling others names, me = penny bettor, ron = bong hitter, durito = south american small timer; does that make you feel better when you look around and realize everyone who you're calling out has a bigger bankroll than you?

trixtrix
    trixtrix's Avatar Become A Pro!

B) your results could very easily deviate from your expected win %.
    this post validates that you don't even understand your expected value is independent of volatility. does your edge change when you're offered +100 on heads/tails vs. +500 on rolling a six on one dice?

that's why it's called gambling. what does this prove?

A) the market could never accurately predict the exact likelihood of a team winning, at best they can predict it within in a 95% confidence interval meaning that the true outcome of the game would only fall in the window of the yankees winning 60.48% of the time. So is your 2% edge really a 2% edge if the market is not 100%?
    wtf, how did you determine the confidence interval across the spectrum of all markets? show your work (you supposedly have a db)

(hint, confidence interval is directly correlated to sample size, and sample size is vastly different across sports)
    Last edited by trixtrix; 11-03-10 at 04:05 PM. Reason: took out the insults

donjuan
    donjuan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7537

Jesus ******* Christ. Learn English, use some punctuation and get a clue what you're talking about with regards to gambling. I also love that the example you use for an EV calc on steam chasing is with a bet size of $100. It's cute.

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by donjuan View Post
    Jesus ******* Christ. Learn English, use some punctuation
    I lolled.
    I guess in this recent post of yours by "I lolled" you meant.
    Lolled:To move, stand, or recline in an indolent or relaxed manner.
    Funny because that would have made no sense in the post that you quoted although I am sure an english professor like your self would not have meant that you laughed out loud.

Come on guy this is an internet forum not the new york times.
    get a clue what you're talking about with regards to gambling.
    says the recent college grad in his 20's with his extensive 4 years of gambling experience.

also love that the example you use for an EV calc on steam chasing is with a bet size of $100. It's cute.
    I would think a young college grad would understand that a $100 dollar increment is used because it most easily represents a percentage of 100%.

basically your EV would be 1.96% you can just change that $ to % and multiply your bet size by .0196 and it can be what ever number you want.
    Last edited by sharpcat; 11-03-10 at 04:52 PM.

billyboy73
    billyboy73's Avatar Become A Pro!

More then you could imagine.

donjuan
    donjuan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7537

I guess in this recent post of yours by "I lolled" you meant.
    Lolled:To move, stand, or recline in an indolent or relaxed manner.
    Funny because that would have made no sense in the post that you quoted although I am sure an english professor like your self would not have meant that you laughed out loud.

Come on guy this is an internet forum not the new york times.
    says the recent college grad in his 20's with his extensive 4 years of gambling experience.

I would think a young college grad would understand that a $100 dollar increment is used because it most easily represents a percentage of 100%.

basically your EV would be 1.96% you can just change that $ to % and multiply your bet size by .0196 and it can be what ever number you want.
    Lulz. Why even convert from edge to an EV calc?

richb7a
    richb7a's Avatar Become A Pro!

win 6000 in now limited to 50 in reduced juice from 5 dimes,

First 12