ritehook
    ritehook's Avatar Become A Pro!

WagerWeb - the End of Free Withdrawals, what a crock!

When I posted a list last August of A and B books with free withdrawals, I noted that Wagerweb seemed "the most liberal re free withdrawals."

Scratch that. The downgrade of this book from B to C is well-deserved. Sometime in the last few months they came up with a new ploy re withdrawals: a flat $65, but they still call it a "free" withdrawal, as it is credited to the bettor as a "free play."

This is a bunch of shit. A scam to keep players trapped in what now appears to be fast sinking ship.

I don't have an acccount with WW. Used to a few years back, tho. And at that time I recommended the book to an elderly (80 years old) friend, who bets mostly horses and a bit of football.

He has no computer, doesn't want one, as is the case with a number of seniors (they don't want to bother learning something new). He phoned in his bets, and seemed satisfied with WW, tho he made only a few withdrawals. Mostly, he deposited.

In the last few months he's done well with horses, and was betting my three best football plays a week in teasers (wish I had been also!) and doing good there too.

He ran a $500 deposit made around October into over $1500, and just requested a $700 withdrawal. And got the above-mentioned junk.

My feeling is that if a book changes anything significant, like withdrawal requirements, they should notify all bettors - including those who bet strictly over the phone - at least a few weeks before the change is made permanent, to allow those who joined under the old rules an opportunity to get out if they so choose.

WW didn't do that with this guy (and I doubt they did it for online bettors). A once decent book taking the plunge into nowheresville.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

It appears that WagerWeb is tightening things up these past few months.

Doug
    Doug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1298

The freeplay has value, its worth about 75% of the $65 if you can parlay it.

I would avoid the book, but not because of a withdrawal fee.

ritehook

I think my friend is going to bail from WW.

Let me thus solicit opinions - especially from those who make a lot of phone bets, and esp horses - as to what A or B+ book would be good for this senior citizen who enjoys wagering now and then.

A book where the minimum horse or sports bets is no more than $25 (he bets betwween $30 and $100 a call, usually the lower amount) and has a true free WD policy.

And, of course, takes phone bets. A 10% sign-up bonus for him would be good also.

ritehook

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    The freeplay has value, its worth about 75% of the $65 if you can parlay it.

I would avoid the book, but not because of a withdrawal fee.
    Yeah, Doug, but making it a withdrawal fee is just a ploy to keep a bettor trapped in this book. And he doesn't really have the knowledge (nor the PC) to scalp out of the place for the value of the freeplay WDs.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

BetJam has a lot of older phone-only folks who feel they are treated well and not rushed.

ritehook

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    BetJam has a lot of older phone-only folks who feel they are treated well and not rushed.
    thanks. If he bails from WW I'll check into BetJam for him

I don't have accounts with any Greek-linked books, as i don't like sending photo ID to a 3rd world nation for a wd. But if he doesn't mind it may be a good option for him.

An0nym0us
    An0nym0us's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think WagerWeb have had withdrawal fees outside of football season in previous years - looks like they have done it a bit earlier in the season and with even higher fees this year.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

[QUOTE=ritehook;479539]When I posted a list last August of A and B books with free withdrawals, I noted that Wagerweb seemed "the most liberal re free withdrawals."

Scratch that. The downgrade of this book from B to C is well-deserved. Sometime in the last few months they came up with a new ploy re withdrawals: a flat $65, but they still call it a "free" withdrawal, as it is credited to the bettor as a "free play."

This is a bunch of shit. A scam to keep players trapped in what now appears to be fast sinking ship.

I don't have an acccount with WW. Used to a few years back, tho. And at that time I recommended the book to an elderly (80 years old) friend, who bets mostly horses and a bit of football.

He has no computer, doesn't want one, as is the case with a number of seniors (they don't want to bother learning something new). He phoned in his bets, and seemed satisfied with WW, tho he made only a few withdrawals. Mostly, he deposited.

In the last few months he's done well with horses, and was betting my three best football plays a week in teasers (wish I had been also!) and doing good there too.

He ran a $500 deposit made around October into over $1500, and just requested a $700 withdrawal. And got the above-mentioned junk.

My feeling is that if a book changes anything significant, like withdrawal requirements, they should notify all bettors - including those who bet strictly over the phone - at least a few weeks before the change is made permanent, to allow those who joined under the old rules an opportunity to get out if they so choose.

WW didn't do that with this guy (and I doubt they did it for online bettors). A once decent book taking the plunge into nowheresville.[/QUOTE

So WagerWeb should call all of their players? Yeah, that would sit well with a bunch. The next post we'll see is F WW For Calling My House. I started back w/ them in September and the change took place somewhere between 1/07 and 9/07. Yeah I admit "free withdrawl" is misleading if you don't read the rules, but what do you want? How the hell does it keep players trapped? So the old man won't withdraw because he feels trapped?

Wild Reet
    Wild Reet's Avatar Become A Pro!

One good thing about the WW free play is that you can use it for horses.

Ritehook, racebooks that meet your criteria are Bodog, Guardian-JustBet, Legendz, BetJamaica, and The Greek.

I would go with eHorse, however, despite the C+ rating which I think is too low. They let you bet until the race goes off unlike the other higher-rated books I listed which close from 1-2 minutes to post. (Well, Bodog lets you bet until the race goes off but only online plus their phone reps are terrible.) eHorse covers $40 of the ** ** withdrawal fee so a large withdrawal would not be free. They have a great free Derby and BCup contest.