matskralc
    matskralc's Avatar Become A Pro!

Funding Matchbook

I'm a very small-time/recreational player looking to try and bet at Matchbook. Problem is that my credit card and debit card both get denied, and I was even denied for a www-card! (They said their system detected "suspicious elements" during the issuing process and cancelled. I would need to send them verification from my original **** issuer...)

So anyways, I'm looking to make the minimum-or-not-much-more deposit, so a wire doesn't make much sense (minimum deposit is $30, international wires are $25 at my bank). I'm looking for a nice easy way to do this from my computer instead of running around looking for Western Unions or Moneygrams or whatever and waiting until the end of football season for my money to finally be deposited.

I know Matchbook offers book-to-book transfers with some other books. My question: would I be able to deposit at one of those other books (assuming my credit card can get accepted at one) and then transfer that to Matchbook? Without having to play at the first book, or send in photocopies of my driver's license, etc to authorize the withdrawal? Or am I just kind of SOL when it comes to Matchbook?

Hap
    Hap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1628

If you can get money into WSEX, it is an easy transfer to MB with no DL, etc.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you make a deposit via credit card at a book they transfer with, you will in all likelihood need to rollover that deposit and verify yourself with the proper documentation before being able to transfer.

I'd really just bite the bullet and find a local walmart, ** is quick and painless, no documents necessary or any hassle, and the money is there without being declined.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

your cc will work at wsex and then you can transfer

Bullajami
    Bullajami's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by matskralc View Post
    I'm looking for a nice easy way to do this from my computer instead of running around looking for Western Unions or Moneygrams or whatever and waiting until the end of football season for my money to finally be deposited.
    To each their own, of course, but I have been using ** and ** routinely for several months. Delays have ranged from a few minutes to 24 hours. No fees and not many hassles - except the trip to the bank and trip to the **/** retailer, of course. If I had ***, Moneybookers, ******* and ******* back, I'd still use ** or **. Neteller and ePassporte would be preferable, though.

Good luck!

justbet
    justbet's Avatar Become A Pro!

i had this same problem recently. i used ** at my local grocery store and it as in my account in about 3 hours.

Hap
    Hap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1628

Well, I was not right about transfer between WSEX and Matchbook. I did it twice with no DL, but when I tried again today, they said they need this now.

matskralc

It looks like one can send ** or ** online? Anybody have any experience with this?

SBR Lou

It looks like one can send ** or ** online? Anybody have any experience with this?
    I would not recommend doing this. Most books only accept this payment method in cash nowadays. Even if you were to find a book that would accept an online payment this way, its not worth it. You have to give **/** all your information, you have to call up and confirm your payment, its a little too invasive.

etothep
    etothep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

i had to use ** to deposit to betjamaica & they counted the ** cost as part of my deposit

shantystar
    shantystar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 117

mb is best solution .

matskralc

Nuts. I have two checking accounts, one at a credit union through work and one at a brick-and-mortar regional bank (because the credit union has no local branches at which to cash checks and things). I never keep any money at the bank, just the credit union. I successfully funded Matchbook a month ago by depositing a check into the bank account and using my debit card from that account. Today I went to deposit some more, and my bank debit card's declining the transaction now. The credit union debit card still declines, as does my regular credit card. The missus is at work with the car all evening, so I can't hit up a ** or anything. I'd like a little more money to put down on NFL for this weekend. Bummer.

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nuts. I have two checking accounts, one at a credit union through work and one at a brick-and-mortar regional bank (because the credit union has no local branches at which to cash checks and things). I never keep any money at the bank, just the credit union. I successfully funded Matchbook a month ago by depositing a check into the bank account and using my debit card from that account. Today I went to deposit some more, and my bank debit card's declining the transaction now. The credit union debit card still declines, as does my regular credit card. The missus is at work with the car all evening, so I can't hit up a ** or anything. I'd like a little more money to put down on NFL for this weekend. Bummer.
    Just ask the missus to stop by a grocery store on the way home and send you ** deposit to the illegal offshore bookmaker, I'm sure she wont mind. LOL

matskralc

Quote Originally Posted by curious View Post
    Just ask the missus to stop by a grocery store on the way home and send you ** deposit to the illegal offshore bookmaker, I'm sure she wont mind. LOL
    Oh no, not at all.

matskralc

Ugh. And now that triggered the bank's suspicious activity folks who called and left a message to call back. What do you tell them???

SBR Lou

Ugh. And now that triggered the bank's suspicious activity folks who called and left a message to call back. What do you tell them???
    Just that you authorized the charges on your account.

matskralc

I'm just worried about when the next question is "OK, so you know offshore gambling is illegal, right?"

Sometimes I'm a little more paranoid than I really need to be.