playing2win
    playing2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

[Resolved] Heritage is shady! Won't release my money

I took some time off from betting and decided to place a bet on the super bowl. I transferred money to my Heritage account while I was at a party using Bitcoin and tried to place my bet.

It kept giving me some responsible gaming error which I've never seen before. I hit up live chat and the extremely rude "Gabe" told me he sent it in for review and to check back in a few minutes.

An hour or so went by and I checked again and still nothing so I hit up live chat again and someone else came on the chat and he said he can place the bet for me as an exception. I then checked the balance on my account and told him to bet the total amount that was in my account.

A little bit later on I transferred some more money to my account and I hit up live chat once again to place the bet for me for the total amount that was in my account. He placed the bet for me and I was good to go.

I won my bets and tried to cash out and they said I can't cash out because of the bonus they gave me and that there's a rollover!

I never asked for a bonus, I didn't realize they gave me a bonus, and I don't want their bonus.

I went back to live chat and "Gabe" was extremely rude and told me since I used the bonus I need to hit the rollover. I told him that I never signed up for the bonus and that they can gladly take the bonus back along with the money that was won using the bonus funds. He did not agree.

I know I should have realized that the amount in the account was higher than what I deposited but I was drunk and at a party and I know for a fact that I would never and have never agreed to bonuses because I don't want to be forced into a rollover. They just went ahead and added it to my account while I was on a long hiatus. I just wanted to bet and cash out if won.

I find it very shady to automatically add bonuses to your account and force a huge rollover. I find it shady that I am telling them to take the bonus and the winnings from the bonus back and they won't agree.

I've been using Heritage for 10+ years and I don't think I'll be using them anymore after this.
    Last edited by Optional; 03-19-24 at 05:40 PM. Reason: add resolved tag

jedihyoju
    jedihyoju's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3549

Unless you uncheck the box, Heritage automatically adds 10% cash bonus.

Its unfortunate but I don't think its considered shady though.

I mean Heritage is as reliable as it gets regarding payouts.
    Points Awarded:

Da Manster! gave jedihyoju 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ksherm, and Da Manster!

playing2win

It's definitely unfortunate that they do that. I've had the account for 10+ years and didn't have it on. I took over a year off from betting. I had no clue that they turned it on.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9221

Quote Originally Posted by jedihyoju View Post
    Unless you uncheck the box, Heritage automatically adds 10% cash bonus.

Its unfortunate but I don't think its considered shady though.

I mean Heritage is as reliable as it gets regarding payouts.
    There is NO good excuse for this that is not shady sounding imho. Not one.

Making people opt-out of a bonus and then acting like Gabe did here to use that bonus to hold peoples money hostage with a strict zero tolerance policy for anyone who says they were deceived and did not realize is quite unethical.

Any of our usual Heritage apologists are very welcome to now post a reason they do it that does not sound shady or unethical if you do not agree.

It would be a whole other matter if the CS staff did not pile on to the already abused customer by acting all indignant like our friend Gabe here. And Heritage ever showed some flexibility when genuinely deceived people turn up. The inflexibility is what shows it is a plan to act this way from the start.

@HeritageInsider... before you pop in here with another PR post about how great Heritage is, please note that 80% of complaints about Heritage would never arise if your staff were not so combative and rude. Someone who already feels lied to and cheated will never respond well to some piece of work then being rude at them as well. This opt-out bonus thing is a REAL genuine Heritage problem. It's unethical and garage shop level shady. If I am wrong I would love to hear you try to explain any logical justification that says it is not shady.
    Last edited by Optional; 02-13-24 at 06:20 PM.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by playing2win View Post
    It's definitely unfortunate that they do that. I've had the account for 10+ years and didn't have it on. I took over a year off from betting. I had no clue that they turned it on.
    So they even changed your settings to force you into this trap???

Can anyone else confirm that this has happened to them too?

playing2win

Yep. They sure did.

Heritage Insider
    Heritage Insider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19934

We are happy to contact and will address this with the customer directly.

Just to clarify, the Super Bowl deposit was the 8th consecutive deposit in which a bonus was paid to the customers account. Each time receiving and playing the deposit bonus. They aren't smaller deposits where you wouldn't recognize the amount.

Granted, we could have handled a request to remove the bonus, but I guess you could argue that is a free roll attempt?

FWIW-the customer was paid at the end of the day and we'll do our best to mend fences with the customer and ensure he continues with us another 10 years!

Insider!

DonnieBrasco23
    DonnieBrasco23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 805

Quote Originally Posted by Heritage Insider View Post

Just to clarify, the Super Bowl deposit was the 8th consecutive deposit in which a bonus was paid to the customers account. Each time receiving and playing the deposit bonus. They aren't smaller deposits where you wouldn't recognize the amount.

Granted, we could have handled a request to remove the bonus, but I guess you could argue that is a free roll attempt?

FWIW-the customer was paid at the end of the day and we'll do our best to mend fences with the customer and ensure he continues with us another 10 years!

Insider!
    Why hasn’t Heritage brought back open team parlays ? Please don’t give me a bullshit vague answer or just ignore my inquiry.

djefferis
    djefferis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 437

It’s pretty simple - PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT YOU AGREE TO AND RECEIVE.

As mentioned - the auto application of the bonus is new - but books add/change terms constantly and don’t publicize it. Ultimately it’s a contract of adhesion - the book makes/publishes the rules - player has the option to say no and not play - and in this case the duty to be aware of what they are signing and agreeing to.

If player went to Heritage and said “why is there a free play in my account - I didn’t want that” BEFORE any wagered events began - it’s simple, Heritage could have removed the bonus - no harm/no foul.

In this case the free play wasn’t used - and while notified late, it’s reasonable to give the player a “one time exception” - take back the bonus and say it’s a one time thing on the account. They did this eventually it sounds like - but again not until it came out on SBR.

Sorry - but Heritage CS is not what it was. Feels like dealing with 5D back in the day - yes, we recognize there are shot takers coming at you from all sides - but there are also honest mistakes. This appears to fall into the catergory of the latter - and simple CS etiquette would have resolved this - instead they tried to play tough guy over a few dollars. Sometimes you do more harm to your business fighting these stupid matters than just letting them go.

I have noticed some pretty snippy responses from Heritage support as well lately. No longer active there - but considering it again. I don’t feel any need to be a cheerleader for them - but would remind people security and safety of funds is a bigger factor to most above “friendliness” of the agents. Again - 5D proved you can have assholes in charge and be successful if you pay and offer a selection of product at the best price. Heritage doesn’t have the best selection or lowest price though always - but they have proven themselves secure and capable of paying - which counts for a lot.

2Sweeet
    2Sweeet's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2559

Gabe is a keyboard warrior. I took my money out of here months ago because of the Customer Service and the bs they were pulling. I wrote about it here back then. This place was my fav book for years. Place has gone downhill and Gabe being the end all makes it that much worse. Guy hates his life and job.

playing2win

I asked Gabe to remove the bonus that was added and the winnings that resulted from the bonus. That’s all I want. Is that not fair?

playing2win

Insider!
    Please remove the bonus and the winnings that resulted from it and let me cash out if you want to make things right.

tacoking
    tacoking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 684

I'm getting the impression that is the ongoing theme with Heritage's customer service as that's how I was treated last year with regards to being indignant and rude as Optional alluded to.

Maybe @HeritageInsider can chime in and give me a straight answer here. Does Heritage accept Canadian customers now?
    Last edited by tacoking; 02-14-24 at 02:11 PM.

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3038

it's a bit shady but all disclosed so you just have to pay attention. Heritage CS is subpar but luckily used very little.

Optional

What A Disgraceful Heritage Response

Insider!
    So you still want to throw shade at this guy and blame him somehow?

YOU altered the settings of a customer with a decade old account without notice. And HE is the one trying to TRICK YOU?!

On his FIRST deposit after HERITAGE doing this without notice, he says he did not notice. And your default position is that HE is a free rolling liar attempting to cheat Heritage.

What does it matter what you believe really when you have tricked the guy into this trap and he has immediately told you he had no idea and wants no part of it? Obviously let him out. You are still getting everyone else you want roped into rollover for a 10% bump. And how much rollover do you demand for a 10% unasked for bump? Is it a fair number? Shall we discuss that next?

Any reasonable business operator would not be arguing. Its not like players can "cheat you" more than once with this big lie you think the OP is telling is it?

I'm flabbergasted you would then double down and also suggest HE is free rolling YOU!??!

YOU played the game on the player here. Not the other way around.

I hope the Hertiage fan boys here read your response as another attack on this player, and players in general.

The OP was not the cheat here.

Heritage are the shady ones as the thread title says.

And from the sound of your reply, Heritage still plan to continue this practice?

I think you should stop now and allow people to opt-in instead of making this trick for the unwary and then calling them the cheats if you catch them!

If SBR receive another complaint of a person being caught in this trap, and Gabe or anyone else treating them like cheats and refusing to cancel this shady bonus, you will find warnings start to be posted in every thread Heritage is ever mentioned in on here again.

Your response is pathetic and I hope many players read this and see how Heritage thinks and acts when it really counts.

You have been going downhill for the last year. If you need to start tricking players and making unfair decisions like Gabe did here, Heritages name is not going to stay in good standing on SBR any longer.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by tacoking View Post
    I'm getting the impression that is the ongoing theme with Heritage's customer service as that's how I was treated last year with regards to being indignant and rude as Optional alluded to.

Maybe @HeritageInsider can chime in and give me a straight answer here. Does Heritage accept Canadian customers now?
    It's not just you. Or just a few people.

I have been biting my tongue for a year about how bad Heritage are becoming.

Thye used to be trustable to always make a fair decision when problems arose. Now you can bet -1000 they will act like Gabe did here and be unbending about it.

So many people have had the same "treated like the enemy" experience and had ruthless unfair decisions like this made.

It is company policy.

5918mike

Optional

playing2win

I just messaged customer service again to see if this has been resolved and they told me to check back tomorrow. They never reached out to me as insider mentioned. It's very simple. Deduct $285.73 from my account which is the amount of the bonus and the winnings from the bonus and let me withdraw my money. This is a joke.

Optional

I just messaged customer service again to see if this has been resolved and they told me to check back tomorrow. They never reached out to me as insider mentioned. It's very simple. Deduct $285.73 from my account which is the amount of the bonus and the winnings from the bonus and let me withdraw my money. This is a joke.
    To be fair. Cancelling a bonus after you have played it is not a normal thing you should expect.

This is a special circumstance. I hope you have been 100% truthful about all aspects. As Heritage Insider seems to be saying that this is not your first deposit since the account setting was changed (is he saying that?). Which would change things slightly for me.

jedihyoju

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    There is NO good excuse for this that is not shady sounding imho. Not one.

Making people opt-out of a bonus and then acting like Gabe did here to use that bonus to hold peoples money hostage with a strict zero tolerance policy for anyone who says they were deceived and did not realize is quite unethical.

Any of our usual Heritage apologists are very welcome to now post a reason they do it that does not sound shady or unethical if you do not agree.

It would be a whole other matter if the CS staff did not pile on to the already abused customer by acting all indignant like our friend Gabe here. And Heritage ever showed some flexibility when genuinely deceived people turn up. The inflexibility is what shows it is a plan to act this way from the start.

@HeritageInsider... before you pop in here with another PR post about how great Heritage is, please note that 80% of complaints about Heritage would never arise if your staff were not so combative and rude. Someone who already feels lied to and cheated will never respond well to some piece of work then being rude at them as well. This opt-out bonus thing is a REAL genuine Heritage problem. It's unethical and garage shop level shady. If I am wrong I would love to hear you try to explain any logical justification that says it is not shady.
    After reading optional's reply, I had some thought and I guess I am biased with heritage.

My first offshore and playing there for over a decade now without issue.

Anyways, Opti you have a good point.

I like heritage, but its been going downhill lately, needs improvements for sure.

playing2win

To be fair. Cancelling a bonus after you have played it is not a normal thing you should expect.

This is a special circumstance. I hope you have been 100% truthful about all aspects. As Heritage Insider seems to be saying that this is not your first deposit since the account setting was changed (is he saying that?). Which would change things slightly for me.
    I haven't bet for well over a year, almost 2 years. I am confident that I was able to cash out as I pleased and bonuses were off. I would never play with a bonus. For what? 10% but I have to roll over the bet 6 times? No thank you. If a bet you are placing is being counted towards a bonus, it should tell you that as you're placing the bet so that you know what you are getting yourself into. It's just transparency.

Optional

I haven't bet for well over a year, almost 2 years. I am confident that I was able to cash out as I pleased and bonuses were off. I would never play with a bonus. For what? 10% but I have to roll over the bet 6 times? No thank you. If a bet you are placing is being counted towards a bonus, it should tell you that as you're placing the bet so that you know what you are getting yourself into. It's just transparency.

It was a bit maddening to see you painted as a free roller.

I agree there is no point. Why knowingly take a bonus planning to cancel if it wins? All that would do is result in losing 10% more whilst having no chance to win more.

tacoking
    tacoking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 684

Thanks for clarifying Optional. From what I've read on just this one thread here, I could care less if they accept Canadian customers at this point..for now it's a hard.....NEXT!!

Heritage Insider
    Heritage Insider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19934

Bonuses

$1176 in deposit bonuses received by the player over his most recent deposits seems to indicate that receiving bonuses was something that was agreeable and acceptable.

As mentioned, we'll address directly with the client.

Insider!

wombat
    wombat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11304

Player says he never takes a bonus yet come to find out he’s taken out over 1K in bonuses over his last deposits. That blows up his theory about not knowing the bonus setting was turned on.

always gotta be something…. never tells the full story

5918mike

And admits he checked the balance, don't gamble drunk!

jedihyoju

$1176 in deposit bonuses received by the player over his most recent deposits seems to indicate that receiving bonuses was something that was agreeable and acceptable.

As mentioned, we'll address directly with the client.

Insider!
    OP?? Never play with bonus??? what???

knew something was fishy.

I think he knew about 10% bonus, took it , bet on super bowl, got lucky and won.

Now he doesn't want to do rollover and just cashout so false claiming.

What a bastard

T100
    cappersmall reject
    T100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2126

Think we are witnessing just why floor mgrs need to be oysters sometimes. 5dimes tony and guys like gabe may be harsh sometimes, but scammy shit is everywhere online.
    If op is scamming, sbr may be less inclined to jump into the fray in the future.
    Egg on face is awkward.

RIP Tony

lmfao@ the oyster edit

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2786

Yup just another bonus whore and shot taker and Optional as usual, was very quick to jump to conclusions and bad mouth and trash Heritage (an A+ book for the last 20+ years or so in the industry) and take the OP side. and it doesn't take a genius to figure out why. Heritage is no longer an affiliate or SBR sponsor now that gambling is legal and SBR no longer doing offshore bookmaker reviews.

playing2win

They reached out to me and resolved the issue.

wombat
    wombat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11304

That still doesn’t justify saying that you never take a bonus

Optional

Too many lies in this thread.

Player says they have not deposited for a year and this is the first time he has seen the 10% auto crypto bonus.

Is that true or not Heritage Insider?

You still appear to be trying to make this player look guilty about something.

And I'd wager your fan boy readers think you are saying this player is lying and has taken this bonus many times before.

I do not care about more of your shade about other guesses how this guy is the shady one.

Please give some clarity.

Is this the first 10% crypto bonus the player has been credited?

Is this his first deposit in 12 months?

A simple yes he a liar or no he is not will do.

Right now I think YOU are the one trying to obfuscate and push a lie here.

Again I repeat for the Heritage apologists who have jumped into this thread... "PLEASE EXPLAIN A NON-SHADY JUSTIFCATION FOR HAVING AN OPT-OUT BONUS SYSTEM WITH NO WARNING ON THE DEPOSIT PAGE"

Heritage Insider has ruin away form that challenge and continued to try and abuse the player. How about any of the you other fan bois? Got anything to say about that or are you just piling on to an innocent like Insider is too?

Optional

Same questions from above for you too.

Did Heritage Insider lie in this thread or did you lie in this thread?

Answer has to be Yes for one of you.

Optional

I am not just jumping down Heritage's throat over one report here.

It has now become a pattern that people get caught by this and Gabe, in particular, talks to them all like they are scum of the earth cheats.

Heritage Insider is no longer able to effect reasonable resolutions and like here will argue until he is blue in the face that every player complaint is from a cheater.

Heritage clearly despises their customers personally imho. Anyone who has ever had a debate with Gabe about anything should attest to that.

And even more clearly, Heritage and Heritage Insider can no longer be trusted to act fairly if any issue comes up.

I am glad Insider has displayed how he now thinks and acts in public here, and that the OP made a thread describing them as shady to start the discussion.

As I think time has come for regular people to hear the warning about how this shop is screaming downhill fast and can no longer be trusted as a fair operator.

@Heritage Insider... are you going to address anything asked directly? Just ignore it? Or come back with more attacks on the OP? You could even man up and try to explain how your opt-out bonus can be justified as an ethical "promotion" if you really want to put me in my place!

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    Player says he never takes a bonus yet come to find out he’s taken out over 1K in bonuses over his last deposits. That blows up his theory about not knowing the bonus setting was turned on.

always gotta be something…. never tells the full story
    I agree. That claim from Heritage totally blows up his story!!

So... which one of them do you think is lying after reading what Insider posted?

Player says Heritage changed the setting, and he never had any clue the auto-bonus/rollover thing ever existed before trying to cash out.

And you are seeing what Heritage Insider is saying...

So who is lying Wombat?

(I know HI is technically not lying. He is talking about the guys history from a long time ago, not now or recently. But he has put in such a way to mislead people, like he has done to you, into believing OP has used this bonus heaps of times)

1234 Last